Veeky Forums - Cryptocurrencies

Veeky Forums - Cryptocurrencies

Literally 75% of the threads here are shitcoin bullshit.

When are we going to talk about real economics again?

FACT: The only reason cryptocurrencies are so big is because central banks print money and there's no actual real capital investment to invest in, so they invest in these tulips which will inevitably collapse.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

You guys are just keynesian shills, fuck you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=d0nERTFo-Sk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FACT: If we ended central banks right now, NONE of these shitcoins will become mainstream currencies.

Gold and silver will win virtually all of the time.

Buy dopecoin you fucking stupid fuck

No shit? Nobody here thinks that their cryptocoins are actually useful or anything, they are just trying to make a quick buck from pumping and dumping.

Yeah. Coin shilling here shits me too. This board is so -ish now its beyond a joke

So everyone here has downs syndrome?
Nobody actually wants to invest in real things?

God I hate central banking.

cryptos meet all the criteria for money and are MUCH easier to store and transfer. coins > PMs

Fuck gold and silver. Cowry shells and giant stone wheels are where it's at.
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=d0nERTFo-Sk

We tried decentralized banking. It was shit.

I almost fell for the Ether meme, got out yesterday with profit. After meeting with programmer friends yesterday I did some serious, hours long research on the technical aspect of the coins and everything other than standard bitcoin is bad. I mean, really bad, with lots of shady people behind them.

Stop being a fool user. I was angry at people shilling shitcoins here but in a way I was also shilling for Eth because I didn't properly read up on it and assumed that 4 billion USD market cap cant be that wrong and there must be merit in the coin. Well, I was wrong.

Best idea is to wait for bitcoin to crash and then repeat the cycle of life.

Man I remember watching this and actually thinking there would be a massive revolution against keynesian economics.
Looks like I was wrong.
Leftist propaganda is too strong...

>the fucking industrial revolution happened under mostly free banking
>sweden became one of the richest, most stable countries in the world under decentralized free banking
>banks couldn't JEW us under free banking

Yeah you're horribly wrong.
inb4 you post the typical 1800s "panics" which were the direct result of government manipulation of the banking sector.

You brainwashed cuck.

No they fucking don't. They have no tools for monetary policy to control inflation and deflation. Long term they're doomed. Their instability will restrict large scale adoption, save for speculators who hoard.

>Man I remember watching this and actually thinking there would be a massive revolution against keynesian economics.
Why? The whole point of the video is that this argument is old as shit.
>Yeah you're horribly wrong.
The U.S. became the dominant world superpower under centralized banking and the tech revolution happened under centralized banking. Two can play that game.
>inb4 muh Bretton Woods
>which were the direct result of government manipulation of the banking sector
Even if true, do you think that's likely to change, ever? We have to live in reality, not some idealized fantasy you have in your head.

>muh ww2
>muh dollars
>muh gold and silver

Alright grandpas, it's time to go back to bed, your wakey wake time is over. Leave these complex things for the younger generations.

I'll go back to regular investments when I stop at least doubling my money weekly on crypto, for now sucks to be you if you hate money.

>hint: it's poor people
>hint: they're only making like $2,000 in total so just let them play

>The U.S. became the dominant world superpower under centralized banking
So?
Are you arguing in favor of fascism and the USA as the world reserve currency?
This isn't a good thing and doesn't help everyday americans or the world.

>and the tech revolution happened under centralized banking
It would have been even better under deflationary free markets.

>Even if true, do you think that's likely to change, ever?
Wait until the USD inevitably collapses.

I wonder what it's like to not have an argument.
I wonder what it's like to literally be a baby boomer shill.
Kill yourself.

>Are you arguing in favor of fascism
No. Attempting to discredit your opposition by implying they support fascism just shows how weak your position really is.
>It would have been even better under deflationary free markets.
That's just, like, your opinion man. Deflation encourages hoarding and slows economic growth whereas inflation encourages lending and increases economic growth.
>Wait until the USD inevitably collapses.
I've been hearing this for years and people have been saying it for decades. Still waiting for it to actually happen.

>No. Attempting to discredit your opposition by implying they support fascism just shows how weak your position really is.
>USA as the world reserve currency and thus the ability to start most of the wars on this planet isn't fascism
lmao

>That's just, like, your opinion man.
The tech industry is a deflationary industry. Prices go down in spite of inflation. If we had deflation they would be even LOWER and consumers would have much higher living standards.

>Deflation encourages hoarding
You mean SAVINGS?
You mean the lifeblood of the economy?
You mean the underconsumption? The thing that allows massive long term economic projects to be funded?
The thing that lowers prices and benefits consumers?

You're an idiot.

>slows economic growth
Empirical evidence disagrees with you.
See, the gilded age. Incredible levels of economic growth in a deflationary environment. Prices fell every year as wages rose.
Sorry bud.

>whereas inflation encourages lending and increases economic growth.
HAHAHA
Then why doesn't the world have massive levels of economic growth right now?
Why does inflation empirically NOT do this?
Why are you so fucking blind to reality?

We've had ZERO percent interest rates for 10 fucking years and the economy is a stagnant shithole.

>I've been hearing this for years
It's inevitable and Trump is going to exacerbate it.

The problem on this board is that its comprised of neets with very little money, meaning they would rather invest in p&d's which bring in quicker and bigger ROI than investing in real things. Also investing in crypto requires very little knowledge.

How fucking retarded can one person be?

can't tell if you're serious lol

I don't understand. The only reason to invest in something is to make money. Crypto has hug returns because it's so extremely volatile, even more so than penny stocks, so investing in it brings in enormous, 200%+ per day returns if you follow the PnDs. Why would I not spend my time investing in that if I'm successful at it, and I am, as opposed to traditional investments?

>investing in real things
Oh yeah, that's a great idea. Let's all invest in some retarded stock which gives us 5% annually if we're lucky.

I don't get it, it's like you're saying you don't like profit.

This.
and this is perfectly OK.
And I'd love to be able to partake in them.

But still:
threads upon threads upon threads on the stuff.
That's just way too much.
There are some many othe rinteresting things to talk about, but everything gets drowned in the various altcoin shilling threads.

This is what I'm saying.

>The problem with Veeky Forums is that they want to make money so they look for a bigger, faster ROI
No shit? If you can't handle the risk, don't play the game.

>Requires very little knowledge
Well then by all means you ought to be making a fortune off it, right?

user, you are right but you're also wrong in one case. How much research did you do on Monero?

>Oh yeah, that's a great idea. Let's all invest in some retarded stock which gives us 5% annually if we're lucky.
I'd like to see you investing tens of thousands into crypto while having a real job. There is a reason cryptos are not mainstream.

>Well then by all means you ought to be making a fortune off it, right?
Considering my capital, yes I am. If I'd trade stocks I would get eaten by fees alone. I live in a shit country where the wages are so low I make more money in few days trading crypto if there is enough volatility than I would make working 10hr days in a regular job. I'm studing at two unis simultaneously and trading shitcoins is a great source of income for me.

But still I'm not delusional, I know crypto is just a shitfest of constant p&d's, scams etc., but I'll ride the boat while it lasts.

yeah seriously, that dude must make a killing investing in stocks.

I wish *I* was as smart as him lol
with my “very little knowledge” and 340% gains

The potential to make more money is in crypto by far. If I had made slightly different decisions I would have made serious money on some of my investments.

Crypto is the wild west, its an exciting, cool, and its really on the cutting edge of revolutionizing currencies. It's easy to get into and best of all, no middle man. No banks, no brokers, no bullshit. It's easier to spot winning investments too, the stock market is way too obscure, whereas crypto market everything is available to you on BTC talk and through the wire here on Veeky Forums.

Also you have the fact that just recently, within this month, we've entered a massive bull market for altcoins because of the BTC fork, and the general winds of change. It's never been a better time to be a crypto investor.

And the great thing is, the market is still small enough that dedicated nerds, neets, and smart investors with little capital can make big gains (like what we've seen on this board).

The meek shall inherit the earth, indeed.