Hearthstone general - /hsg/

YES YES WELL DONE AGGRO WELL DONE edition

Upcoming Nerfs: us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/21029448/upcoming-balance-changes-update-91-9-5-2017#latest

>deck lists
hearthstonetopdecks.com
hearthpwn.com
hsreplay.net (Buy Premium For Us)
thelightforge.com/TierList (Arena)
vicioussyndicate.com
tempostorm.com

>/hsg/ """Tourney""" Discord
discord.gg/hsg

>Open Tournaments
strivewire.com/
play.eslgaming.com/hearthstone/

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

hsreplay.net/replay/AGn3Jcbqva52zvGSk5kJyV
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/when-cards-go-bad-2002-01-28
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/latest-developments/when-cards-go-bad-part-2-2011-10-14
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/when-cards-go-bad-revisited-2012-10-22
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for fuck Ben and Kibler

Ben and Kibler owning that poor white boi Kripp

>go 2nd
>lose

feelsbad

I really like shadowreaper anduin but it will be much healthier in a game without Raza

The battlecry is really solid and the effect is interesting when used to control the board rather than machinegun the face.

It's also much more fun when using duplicates and not having to suffer Highlander tier unreliability.

Surprised he didnt have a 1 drop in hand for the excess mana

Why not summon poison?

I completely blanked on that. Even looking at the situation I never thought about it. Too focused on just taunt + mark I think.

lol what a retard

>Misplay
>Lose

send help. what's the play

>mirror battle sons of whores
))

Alch His 2/6, kill with 2/3, hero power into 3/3 and trade 2/3 into it, then face with 3/3.

1. Alchemist on the 2/6
2. Ping and patches into the now 6/2
3. one of the 2/3 into 1/1 (optional)
4. face

>Ping and patches into the now 6/2

me lose. me take break. back to 1-1star sucks.

I didn't trade into the MCT. Drawing patches, getting my taunt stolen kinda tilted me.

In hindsight I think I made 2 misplays that game. That turn and trading into Fandral. Ultimately though, Plague won my opponent the game in at the death.

hsreplay.net/replay/AGn3Jcbqva52zvGSk5kJyV

Don't just greentext. If you think I'm wrong, tell me why I am wrong

Mana cost

Sorry to hear that man, but with you winrate you'll get to legend today.

Could you post your decklist?

it's just standard aggro

Fuck. I guess I'll blame it on the fact that I just woke up

Yesterday I had a 5-0 streak and ended up here.

Obviously, Blizzard decided to fuck me up my cunt with Bonemare Paladins, Pirate Warriors and Token Druids.

I dropped to rank 4 but I just climbed to my initial position (pic related).

Do I continue playing?

Thanks! Mine looks like this now:

Would you say yours is better?

Stop for a moment and continue later today

any tips for improving this list? it feels inconsistent and I'm often left with an unplayable hand.

Not sure really. Swipe isn't good for what aggro druid wants to do, which is flood the board and buff. Owl is just bad, you don't need silence. Protect your board and you'll power through most things.

Golakka Crawler can be fine. I initially played with them but cut them because I always got into these positions where I had buffed pirates on board and it was unplayable.

try dropping
>2x commanding shout
>public defender
>wild pyromancer
add in
>forge of souls
>a second blood razor
>bloodmage thalnos
>ravaging ghoul

Can someone explain this card to me please?

It just works in N'Zoth Shaman.

the random legendary minion represents Chuck

Does this game just get more boring by the day for anyone else? I try playing fun and interesting decks but lose to the same netdecks over and over and over again. Really starting to lose interest.

>fun and interesting
>good winrate

does not compute

of the 24 games i've played I have won 4 and lost 20. i get im not going to have a great win rate, but just losing so hard to so much gets old fast, there is no variety in what im playing against, it's all the same shit ad infintium

Blame netdeck sites and the ladder system incentive to win games above doing anything else

i know whats to blame. i'm just saying the game is so unappealing to me right now and i was wondering if anyone else felt the same way.

who still /playing arena/?????

LET ME OUT OF RANK 11 HELL HOLY FUCK

Several people do and most of them just complete quests until the meta changes.

>team 5 tries to communicate why they nerf shit
>community gets enormously butthurt and raise a huge stink
Just shows how wrong it is. They should take a page out of icefrog's book and simply release patch notes with no addendums other than raw data and technical information. Then let the community sort it out amongst themselves. There are tons of e-celebs who can analyze and explain this kind of shit so the devs don't have to.

When is the next set coming out I'm already sick of this meta

Should be around the first week of December.

see you in three months

byebye

Signed up for the beta. That Limited Resources interview was kinda promising. The fact that slow players will get matched up against other slow players is fucking incredible.

>people want them to nerf druid, specifically, ultimate infestation
>they leave UI as is
>they also nerf classes people weren't asking to nerf at the current time, but decide not to nerf the second most powerful class
>instead of putting some effort into their nerfs, they turn one card into an exact copy of another card, and another into an objectively inferior version of several other cards because "changing mana cost is less disruptive"

Turn 5 -> Corpse Widow
Turn 6 -> Shredder
Turn 7 -> Corpse Raiser + Play Dead + Play Dead

>Warrior 5 mana spell
>Put a warrior minion from your hand into play. Give it "charge, can only attack enemy minions" and return it to your hand at the end of a turn
Would you play it?

but team 5 has no data to back anything up, unless you think 'players lose to hunter at rank 20' counts as data

>Final boss to legend is a priest with barnes on 4 and rez on 5, sw:d on 6 for my hydra, horror on 7 for my mana guys

kill me now

Fiery winaxe nerf is well deserved, let's not kid ourselves here. It's been in almost every warrior deck since day 1.

I think they're moving in the right direction in nerfing and cycling classic and basic cards. The ideal situation is to have these sets as the "newbie experience" and have standard be where all the exciting cards are. That way the game is kept MUCH more fresh with an everchanging feel. Sure you can complain that this makes the game less f2p friendly, but I think it's easily worth it.

Fingers crossed they'll hall of fame Auctioneer in january. I would absolutely love that.

>final boss again
>this fucking hand

Please, I just want to not hearthstone anymore.

They should just move war axe to wild.

I did, dropped 2 stars then gained 2 stars.

Then dropped all the way to 1-star rank 4 and switched to Pirate Warrior and am back to my initial position AGAIN! I'll just play wild.

It's balanced now desu. 3 mana 3/2 weapon isn't terrible.

Now what they really should unnerf is molten giants. I really miss the molten giant decks. Those are so fun.

Nevermind, won anyway! draw patches for exact lethal.

final stats. not sure what rank I started using HDT. I think from 5 to legend

>0 mana 8/8 is so fun!
>2 mana 3/2 is not fun at all!

I dislike both by the way.

Nice rank 1 diversity.

I don't mind FWA getting nerfed, though the timing could've been better.

The bigger problem is how they nerfed it. Eaglehorn Bow, Rallying Blade, Shadowblade, Powermace are all 3/2s with an upside. King's Defender is now a powercrept version of FWA. They could've kept with their design, but due to a combination of laziness and apparently thinking that players would get too confused by the changes, they took the easy route.

Should've just been 2 mana 3/2 battlecry: can't attack this turn.

Obviously that can't be it because thats the new epic weapon released next expansion

It's only 0 mana 8/8 when you're at dangerously low health. Therein lies the fun factor. Now moltens are just unusable.

Yeah but it's fine for other weapon to outshine FWA because it's a weapon you start out with. It's like if the first weapon you found in WoW lasted you all the way to lategame. It's good to get some kind of weapon progression in there.

>Yeah but it's fine for other weapon to outshine FWA because it's a weapon you start out with.
Retarded logic. This is not an MMO. You don't powercreep cards for "progression".

>try to play a zoolock deck with Bloodreaver
>every deck I get matched against is complete shit and I beat them by turn 6
jesus

It's not retarded. It's not good for the game if classic or basic cards are too good, it means decks will always use them forever. The point in using standard is having cards and decks shift over time.

Classic and basic cards should be like training wheels for the real thing.

>Spent literally THE ENTIRE DAY yesterday bouncing from Rank 7 to Rank 8 and back desperately clawing towards Rank 6 which I got around midnight
>Sleep
>Wake up
>Play against three control decks in a row
>Rank 5
I'm not saying I'm ungrateful, but christ, what a dramatic difference.

>are too good
Where did I say that FWA shouldn't get nerfed? A 3 mana 3/2 weapon with an upside isn't too good. It's balanced.

Basic or not, creating cards that never see play is retarded. Hearthstone is not an RPG that is based on progression where you use your bad equipment to get better equipment and better equipment to get even better equipment. It's a card game where you can get basically all the cards immediately if you're willing to shell out the cash. Therefore creating cards that are outclassed by other cards in 100% of cases is practically no different from just not creating them in the first place.

It's like warsong commander, or a bunch of other classic cards. They're obviously trash so nobody puts them in a serious deck. And that's fine. It's okay for the game to have bad cards, they're even necessary. Magic has lots of bad cards too.

Why would it be necessary for a card game to have cards that never see play?

>PAY UP GOYIM

Are you Ben Brode himself?

Not that user but here's a small series of articles by one of the Magic: the Gathering creators:
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/when-cards-go-bad-2002-01-28
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/latest-developments/when-cards-go-bad-part-2-2011-10-14
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/when-cards-go-bad-revisited-2012-10-22

Lol really dude? I fucking love this meta it's like with every expansion it get's even crazier out on those boards but somehow more fun too

>anyone tried using Valeera the Hollow? It's not the best by any means but it's FUCKING FUN

A lot of that has to do with cards that are bad, but still technically have something going for them. They might require weird decks to work in that doesn't have enough support or something like that. They're not just inferior versions of other cards, which FWA currently is.

The only redeeming thing about FWA is that warrior currently doesn't have a 3 mana 3/2 weapon with an upside in standard. However, if they do decide to print one, it becomes obvious that you play that instead of FWA. It's like if they printed Fireball v2 that deals 7 damage for 4 (though in this case you might run both cards).

wews highest rank i've ever been

>meta getting staled so fast that only blizzdrones are left in the thread
>thread is getting slower and slower, almost back to MSG level of speed

How do you even lose with that nut hand, wtf

I don't even know if that's brtter because he has Mark in hand

>playing aggro druid
>won't shut the fuck up about how he's winning
literally you copied your deck and expect praise about how great you are for piloting a brain dead druid deck. just fuck off

mad cuz bad

I know it probably doesn't seem like a huge impact because Wild, but warriors will literally have no reason to run FWA over King's Defender. That's really just stupid on their part. I don't know what they could have done differently, possibly nerfed a different card, but this is the timeline we live in.

>"we don't like cards being automatic inclusions in any deck"
>*prints THE auto-include card*
>"it's fine :)"
>*nerfs something else*

I'm not even talking about UI

>2 fire fly
>2 innervate
>2 Mark of the Lotus

I'm pretty sure I started this meme so I apologise to everyone for the suffering

But I'm 3-0 in legend with my quest druid atm.

best hearthstone meta ever

Please get a trip so i can filter you

NEEDS MORE ALCHEMISTS

Got legend with this, I think Swipe blows and replaced with a Druid of the Claw personally

Golakka is 100% the crab to play right now, seems worthy as a one of

N

Spreading Plague?

Have to say I'm having some pretty good fun shitting on Priests lad, finally found THE deck to climb with for me right now although I don't usually play wild. Who cares about Reno when you just OTK them?

Leeroy --> Ancestral Spirit x2 --> Reincarnate --> Reincarnate is exactly 30 damage

>defending druids

I'm just happy Rogue is getting better soon

That's even worse dipshit

>88 replies
>29 posters

Its just him shitposting.
He has been doing it for the last 4 hours.

Spreading plague is getting nerfed tho isnt it?

It is literally impossible to just "make every card playable strength", under that logic this would either surpass Yugioh as the biggest powercreep hellhole ever seen or there wjll be too many broken cards anyway because the meta slightly shifts, I don't understand what you are saying

>Posting about the game is shitposting

you smart guy

Patches. Spreading plague is getting nerfed, the nerf is pathetic but combined with the Innervate nerf it should gimp druid a bit at least.

>the only redeeming thing

That's a pretty fucking big thing

>Responding to your own post 4 times in 15 minutes is not shitposting.

Hehe le anime face you got mad xd

I hope you guys realise this is how druid was meant to be played.
Their class identity is build a board - buff the board - kill you with weenie army. Its why savage roar force of nature cenarius mark of the wild is a thing

Its why druids have garbage removal

For anyone who wants to try a fun Control deck with a combo finisher, here's the list I'm using to climb except

-1 Arfus
-1 Kel'Thuzad

+1 Ragnaros
+1 Leeroy Jenkins

Maybe not as strong as it was with giant shit now (why the fuck don't those idiots play Sunfury by the way?), but it's pretty damn good against aggro already and has a burst finish

It's impossible to make every card playable, but it's easily possible to make cards that aren't inferior versions of other cards.

Say they decided to print a 3 mana 2/3 beast, so a river crocolisk for one extra mana. Would you play that card over river crocolisk in any circumstance? No. So what was the point in creating it?

On the other hand, let's look at something like Meat Wagon. Is it a bad card that no one runs? Yes. Is there a possibility that it could be run in some cases? Yes, if new cards happen to allow for some great combo.

There is a difference between a bad card that is outclassed by another card in 100% of the situations, and a bad card that doesn't actually have a replacement.