/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

No crawling edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Sep 12] ntrboot is now compatible with r4igold.cc and Action Replay DS cards. gbatemp.net/threads/release-ntrboot-for-r4igoldcc-ards-ez-ardsi.483802/
[Sep 1] Anemone3DS is a new theme manager and recommended after what happened to the last two. gbatemp.net/threads/482804

>Switch
[Sep 5] 3.0.2 released, appearing to mainly expand multiplayer to new regions. Nintendo patched a major exploit with the release of 3.0.1.

>Wii U
[Aug 15] New browser hack method for Wii U on firmware 5.5.2 gbatemp.net/threads/480966
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684

>Vita
[Sep 7] TheFloW announced a plugin that circumvents npdrm. In theory no more buggy dumpers, just 1:1 copies of games. pastebin.com/ELptKruf
[Sep 4] New Adrenaline release. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
-Adrenaline no longer requires a base game or activation. You still cannot activate new Vitas to use PSN. Do not use MTLActivator and go on PSN, you will be banned.

>PS4
[Aug 3] 4.73 released, blocks MTX Key, ban reports on shared piracy accounts. wololo.net/2017/08/03/ps4-firmware-4-73-released-blocks-mtx-key-ban-reports-shared-piracy-accounts/

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13916886
strawpoll.me/13916896
mega.nz/#!68MSmJYa!HPl7nxarjOYUYCZ2Yj_EqSfWAmA7wSTEBgf56JBnEEM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You have 5 seconds to convince me to jump to b9s.

Reminder that DS ROM loading from SD was not worth waiting for.

>6 days without power
>game leaks just in time
neat

>
Hard to believe they wouldn't put a failsafe to prevent save share

Don't be a faggot.

The game isn't nearly as easy as I expected on Normal, so far it feels a lot harder than Zero Mission on Normal. I'm surprised there isn't an Easy Mode.

I haven't turned my 3DS on since pokemon sun and moon almost a year ago. Do i have to update anything to play metroid?

So what do we know. Metroid requires 11.2+ for it to work since luma somehow cant work around it as it stands now.

Upload that shit homie

Downloaded both MHStories EU demo and the Main game from freeshop, finished the demo, how to get the same onto the main game?

anybody have the 1.04 update for World of Final Fantasy?

Im assuming you're from PR? If so, what sector came back?

My only complaint so far with MSR is the lazy intro cutscene. Just a couple of static images and some text.

graphics look way better than I expected

No, if you're running CFW it'll ignore the update portion of the game anyway, not that a CIA has it.

yeah and im in manati services just now fully came back felt like forever

literally how every metroid game has been are you dense

>lazy
thats some god tier art fuck you

>they made bomb jumping impossible on purpose

dropped

just like fusion

at least now we have wall jumping, even if it's so braindead easy as to actually be worse than before

>Hacking a second 3DS through system transfer
>Get the DSi game save injected, test it, it gives the correct boot error
>System transfer goes smooth
>Load up DSi game on target 3DS
>Exploit doesn't fire
>Locked out of trying it again for seven (7) days
No idea what went wrong, clearly the DSi save wasn't properly carried over but I have absolutely no clue as to why that would happen, the transfer went smooth as butter.

Sakamoto needs to stay the fuck away forever.

wall jumping is good at least

No, even Super metroid had that scene with the metroid and its other scenes at least had some animation to it.

>Anemone3DS is a new theme manager recomended after what happened to the last two.
>what happened to the last two.
I've been gone for a few months, the hell happened?

Fusion's intro art was excellent, though I still think this is pretty good

Lots of shitposting and drama from retarded gay devs.

Lol

>they made bomb jumping impossible on purpose
What? I just got the bombs and I have no problem doing infinite jumps.

Hope the food didnt went to shit. Ive been out for about 3 days or so. No spoiled food thankfully with some shit invention i did with my dad. Welcome back to network civilization

That's it?
I thought an update had made them break something important for the console.

Teach me your ways senpai. The Super Metroid timings aren't working for me.

first one is outdated or some shit and second one became closed source so we don't trust the dev anymore
anyway anemone is far lighter and done better than themely so we're fine

No, I think at least one of them was just going closed source to spite people. The other was something to do with his insistence on using adfly and people telling him to go fuck himself.

Wait I think I get it.

You need to tap much faster in this one. Nevermind then, bomb jumping is in, just need to get used to it.

How is wall jumping good? Samus automatically floats away from the wall after jumping off the wall, just like in Fusion.

anyone know how to turn off the noise when you get close to a metroid? also can you disable aeon shit cause sometimes i do it on accident

any ntr cheats to unlock amiibo bonuses yet?

Pretty much this. Is a bit more precise but it werks

Really?, I haven't installed it yet, but my emunand is on the latest version and I play mhxx everyday online.

>tfw still using mset to launch emunand
Yolo

>also can you disable aeon shit cause sometimes i do it on accident
You can press A again to stop it.

I literally just press Y as fast as I can and get it, no precision needed.

it looks like shit m8

I've only used it once so far and it reminded me more of ZM

SOON, probably.
Looking at the code.bin i finally got extracted thanks to g9.
Theres a lot of strings left in here, wew lad.
When i find the ending flag thats it for the unlocks.

People are actually playing it now, let's get this out of the way.

How's Samus Returns:
strawpoll.me/13916886

Which version of Metroid Two is Tops:
strawpoll.me/13916896

my only complaint so far
>30fps
what engine was this made under? unity?

>metroidfags take over a thread about hacking game consoles

faggots

Question: Is it possible to play SR on Citra yet?
I've never used Citra before because I never cared for 3DS games, however, it seems like you need some "decrypted" version of a game? I have no idea what is happening.

fugg yes user.
im i actually not started my playthrough yet because im waiting specifically for the hard mode cheat.well hard mode and fusion suit.

>spam /v/ every day with LOL NO EXCUSE shit
>come to the thread to see if people are legit hacking their 3ds and getting help
>one dude is and it fucked up somehow
>getting laughed at instead of helped
literally never post your spam on /v/ again

Unity is N3DS only.

I fucking hate Samus walking animation

Only /hbg/ folks are playing it, if you try to discuss it elsewhere on the web ironically it will devolve into moralfags arguing about piracy.

Give me a save with hard mode unlocked and I'll leave.

Spoofed version works, YES!

30fps if you're lucky

its metroid thread or homebrew thread?

I'm actually glad it went straight to the point instead of boring me with 5 hours of intro text and cutscenes.

>maybe if I post it again they'll stop talking about it

I haven't used /v/ in years.

>everyone thought counter would be retarded
>havent even used it that often
>only time i do is when its crucial to not getting hit

/v/ proven wrong again

HARD MODE SAVE FUCKING WHEN

user, I LITERALLY told him to read the OP before he started. I tried to help, I gave him as much advice as I could to help him get started. He ignored my help and soft bricked his system.

We're willing to help if people are willing to read. That's a fair requirement.

user from earlier thread who was told his sd died.
Turned out both sd card i was using went to shit.
Is tgere a proper procedure for me to back up my sd card?

I fucking told them
MercurySteam were only monkey codes, with Nintendo HEAVILY both on their back and Sakamoto's back after the travesty that was Other M, there was no way in hell they'd risk this thing blowing in their faces. They wouldn't allow neither this to be another Mirror of Fate nor Other M.

And for Prime 4, I believe the same will happen with Tanabe, after the fucking chaos that was Federation Force.
Yakuza Man Kimishima does NOT fuck around. He's no Iwata, he will NOT accept failure.

Re-posting

Monster Hunter Stories is a bit of a late news, but does anyone have their controls flipped when in Fight option? Lets say I'm on Power and want to switch to Technical, which is on right side. I press the right pad and it puts me on Speed. What gives? Also, does it matter where on the egg I press to hatch for the bonus stats, or is it predetermined?

I use it all the time when running past shit. It makes the game a lot easier, but I suspect it will be crucial for harder difficulties.

Where's a download link for metroid lads

Preferably in .CIA format

I want to cum inside Varia Suit Samus.

Backed into a corner Nintendo is the best Nintendo, always was. Every time they royally fail with something, you can expect amazing things following it.

Go to the previous thread and look it for yourself, you useless, worthless faggot.

__________________________________________________________fuck you

check last thread. and the .3ds to cia is not so bad; took less than 15 minutes from download to install.

predetermined. I'm not understanding your first question though, they aren't reversed for me.

I died on the second metroid, how embarrassing. I didn't realize he was electrified when he was charging at me.

>get ice beam
>freeze bat enemy
>he dies by being broken in a dozen pieces
>the pieces fly out the screen with the 3D on

This is pretty fun. Anyway back to playing, will be checking the thread for hard mode/amiibo save files later though.

They know.

Me too, desu. I didn't even realize how much health I'd lost when I got hit by one of the projectiles and died.
Haven't taken a hit ever since. Once you know when to jump it gets pathetically easy.

Context.

I read the guides thoroughly. I already have two other CFW 3DS systems, I've been modding consoles since the original Xbox and I've never had an issue. I just wondered what could possibly have caused the DSi save to not transfer properly so I don't run into the same issue in 7 days time, since a solid trawl of the usual forums isn't bringing up anyone with the same issue.

shit, already got 3 game over screens

Help, i haven't played 3DS in a long time and i want to play the metroid. My 3DS is still using rxtools i think it is on 11.2. What is the easiest way to update and use the best cfw at the moment?

Follow the guide on OP

Since Saturday, I've replayed Metroid, Super Metroid, as well as finished Return of Samus and Zero Mission.

I'm gonna play Samus Returns, then look into Metroid Fusion and the Prime Trilogy. Sound alright?

yeah. theres also the original metroid prime hunters for DS. its different than prime but decent in my opinion.
once your done with everything check out am2r and super metroid redesign which is a great romehack for super. it changes a lot of things and also samus handling and physics in the game too.

>check out am2r
>check out this steaming pile of shit

>being assblasted

>they aren't reversed for me
well fuck, you know how it's in a circle and it goes power -> tech -> spd? If I press the right pad from power, it should go to tech but ends up going to spd. This doesn't happen?

First time using Citra here and it's lagging like hell. Anything I can do about this?

Man, the 3D effect in Metroid is quite harsh. Recommend keeping the slider on 1% though so you get some AA at least.

Buy a 3DS.

chink builds are better

Why the fuck didn't they offer CPP/N3DS controls for MSR? Why can't I have Morph Ball on ZL or some shit? Fuck.

Did my leaky come?

Get a new CPU
Also ask in /emugen/ next time

i have the same fucking problem and it's fucking awful

What's wrong with down twice? That's how literally every metroid game does it.

Don't worry user, I getcha, I noticed it's doing that to me and it constantly tricks me because it goes opposite the way you expect it to go.

Usually down is a button, not a direction on the circle pad.

Thank you