How Yeshua became Jesus (Greek Jesus vs Hebrew Yeshua)

ישוע Yeshua - meaning "salvation"

Ιησούς - Iesous

youtube.com/watch?v=FLLQz78w6Bo

Jesus is a relatively recent phonetic transformation from Greek to English.

Greek Iesou is based on Yeshua

Yeshua, Iesous, Jesus; these are all the same person with a different phonetic pronunciation, this includes other languages which also have interesting pronunciations.

Ιησούς can not mean "Hail Zeus (Δίας)" because the last three letters in Iesous are different than Zeus in the Greek Alphabet

Other urls found in this thread:

vridar.org/2011/09/04/gospel-puns-on-the-name-above-all-names/
youtube.com/watch?v=mAXQI8JALfk
biblehub.com/interlinear/ezra/2-2.htm
biblehub.com/interlinear/apostolic/ezra/2.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>because the last three letters

ούς and ίας

I means the two letters before the ς "last three"***

when they latinized greek texts

ramsa became ramses
msa became moses
ysha jesus

It's not even Iesous always. Depending on the case it can also be Iesoun or Iesou. The possible connection with Jason is more interesting.
vridar.org/2011/09/04/gospel-puns-on-the-name-above-all-names/

It's cause the way Greek it changes the noun like Spanish does with verbs if the pronoun is different

Literally who cares. Isa H Christ

They're the same name, just two different grammatical forms: remember, Greek grammar doesn't rely much on syntax, but rather on word form.

Even in Chinese it is Yesu

Yeshua is Aramaic.

Stop Jewing everything, Juden

So what's the point of this thread exactly?

Still, Yeshua is the only name with the meaning "salvation, rescue, to deliver", the rest are names that phonetically transferred the name.

Jesus was Jewish; it is more likely that was His name, as opposed to "Jesus" which is very recent.

I watched this video so I posted it so other people would watch and have the information also be available

yeshua is a perversion of the original greek IESOUS. No such thing as "yeshua" it's just a later speculation.

All our manuscripts say Iesous. The Apostes read and used the Septugaint of the OT, which was greek.

youtube.com/watch?v=mAXQI8JALfk

I'm not gonna read anything posted in this thread, I'm just gonna post the answer then leave.

Jesus' name was "Yeshua", which is more accurately translated as "Joshua" in modern English, but hindsight is 20/20. Since the New Testament was written in Greek, the gospel and epistle writers used the same transliteration that was given to the name "Yeshua" in the Septuagint, "Iesous". This was then transliterated into the Latin "IESVS", which then became "Iesu" in Medieval English, then "Jesu" once the letter "J" was invented, and finally the modern English "Jesus" by the late 17th century.

>Yeshua, Iesous, Jesus; these are all the same person with a different phonetic pronunciation

Who has ever claimed anything else?

>Ιησούς can not mean "Hail Zeus (Δίας)"

I've literally never heard this "theory" before.

Yeshua means "to rescue", Iesous is just a transliteration. They are the same person though

>Who has ever claimed anything else?
Christians argue all the time about which name is the right name, but they are all the same person.

>I've literally never heard this "theory" before.
I used to hear it all the time that Jesus was mean to say "Hail Zeus" but in the Greek Language, the suffix in Iesous - ούς is different than the suffix in Zeus - ίας, so myth busted

The Orthodox church has a false gospel

>Christians

Oh right, idiots.

No jews spoke Greek in Jesus' time, they primarily spoke Aramaic, this guy's a dumbass.

>No jews spoke Greek in Jesus' time
Every single apostle

I appreciate the linguistic study that goes into finding all this information, but, I serially hope none of you refer to Jesus as Yeshua when speaking English. People who do that always sound so pretentious.

There were a ton of Jewish diaspora and Jewish converts in Greco-Roman world dumb ass

>Christians argue all the time about which name is the right name, but they are all the same person.

No.

>this meme

Believing in gods and religions is the most fedora tier thing one could ever do. Especially considering you niggers can't even agree on the name of your "savior".

All you Abrahmic/Jew god worshipping cucks are no different than African niggers with their witch doctor "magic"...

>Jesus was Jewish

That is the thing, what if they were just fake arguments written online line by two people pretending to be Christian arguing, so people would look at their confusion, Christians would be confused and atheists would only have more fuel for their hate towards Christians.

>Christians argue all the time about which name is the right name, but they are all the same person.

>No.

You're right. I wrote all the time, not sometimes, though, some times they argue, and those arguments literally make no sense, and they get very mean.

Maybe they are fake arguments to confuse people looking at it?

According to the Talmud, Jesus is half Jewish

>According to the Talmud

And also according to Talmud, Jesus is burning in hell for eternity in boiled semen.

is that a bad thing?

>burning in hell for eternity in boiled semen.

top banter

According the New Testament He is in Heaven

Who? Besides Paul?

You surely aren't suggesting that the copies we have of Mattanyahu and Yahochanan are originals, right? They are translations from Aramaic into Greek. "Matthew" and "John" probably didn't speak Greek as their first language.

>dat pic
AAAAAAAAAAa

>They are translations from Aramaic into Greek.
There is literally no evidence of that
>"Matthew" and "John" probably didn't speak Greek as their first language.
Of course they didn't, but Greek was the Langua Franca. Matthew definitely spoke Greek because he was a tax collector in the Eastern Roman Empire.

Jesus fags btfo
biblehub.com/interlinear/ezra/2-2.htm

The name Joshua is left in the English translations to avoid confusion

It still doesn't change anything in Greek.
biblehub.com/interlinear/apostolic/ezra/2.htm

It is pronounced the same in Greek; in English the name is Joshua and in Hebrew and Greek it is Yeshua(Yahshua "Joshua")/Iesous, so Jesus and Joshua could have the same name, though there are different pronunciations.

Who cares what it's been transliterated to in English point is Hebrew/Aramaic 'Yeshua' is Iesus in Greek. All other names such as Jesus are a later innovation.

>There is literally no evidence of that
It doesn't strike you odd that there are literally no Hebrew/Aramaic New Testament scriptures? Or that they wouldn't be recorded in the native language of the sect before they were translated into the Lingua Franca?

There is no evidence that the Greek is a translation, because it most likely was destroyed by Sadducees and Pharisees.

>No jews spoke Greek in Jesus
Lol?!? It is LITERALLY a huge point in the Gospels w/r/t Peter's name for example.

>It doesn't strike you odd that there are literally no Hebrew/Aramaic New Testament scriptures?
No, and it doesn't any other rational person either.
>Or that they wouldn't be recorded in the native language of the sect before they were translated into the Lingua Franca?
No, because i happen to know only one book of the NT was written to Judeans
>There is no evidence that the Greek is a translation, because it most likely was destroyed by Sadducees and Pharisees.
There is no evidence of a world-spanning Icelandic empire, because it was most likely destroyed by aliens.