What actually caused the massive shift to the left seen in the last few years? Especially with millennials

What actually caused the massive shift to the left seen in the last few years? Especially with millennials.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whig_history
youtube.com/watch?v=aMp1xL6QwEQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Idk, but, there seems to be alot of them on this board.

>"He who is not a républicain at twenty compels one to doubt the generosity of his heart; but he who, after thirty, persists, compels one to doubt the soundness of his mind."
- attributed to Edmund Burke, 1875

George Bush being shit

There's nothing wrong with Vice's food and investigative work.

There is a lot of really young people here I guess.

I was fairly leftwing when I was about 18 or 19, I used to think that right wing opinions pretty much equated to racism or being evil.

I'm not sure how much of that is due to the media, or just a lack of world experience.

That image needs work

>liberals
>left-wing

>I used to think that right wing opinions pretty much equated to racism or being evil.
Can you elaborate on this since this is something I've had trouble grasping. Is it really just the binary view of 'if he is not with us, the not-racists, then he has to be against us and racist'? Or the belief that the superiority of ones views are so selfevident that only dumb people and racists would disagree with them?

We've been shifting left for 300 years.

American Universities went down the shitter and decided to ramp up the race bait propaganda tenfold to keep their students disgruntled but controlled pets.

>People actually believe this
Classical went to new classicalism, new classicalism went to keynesian, keynesian went to monetarism, monetarism and keynesian had a love child and became new keynesian. Genuine left wing movements have all died

Hey, at least blacks and women can vote now, I guess. Yay!

I am talking out of my ass on this one, but I think it might be because of American imperialism after 9/11. This caused the people to shift left. This was not noticed until the 08 crash, however. When the crash happened, the world lashed back against the financial elites that had caused it. This made them realize that the people no longer leaned right and caused them to shift to the "left". They neutered the left, sanitized it and turned it into an ineffectual movement that granted an outlet to the discontent, without actually threatening the powers that be.

It was just the general idea that all right wingers were uneducated and 'evil', I'm fairly sure a large part of it was due to the media

consumerist exploitation of oppresion

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whig_history

>Edmund Burke
>Died: July 9, 1797

>it's another country made by liberalism complains about liberalism thread

>liberals
>left

You know the "right wing" in USA is also "liberals" right? USA was founded upon liberalism.

Someone please explain to me why liberals never criticize Islam even though they are literally the opposite of everything they stand for. I've never understood.

The left-right dichotomy is a spook, and the Democratic and Republican parties are more similar (in actual policy) than they are different. You can thank people like Bill Clinton for that, and in all likelihood Hillary holds very similar opinions to her husband given that it's a political partnership first and foremost.

The two parties just squabble over social issues, which the Republican party constantly loses ground on. It's a distraction while they agree on ways to expand corporate assfucking.

Sorry, attributed in 1875. The quote first appeared in an 1875 publication, there are no previous records of that phrase.

Brainwashing in compulsory government schools.

Some of us do (the not retarded ones), but many don't because "that's racist/bigoted".

As a moderate 20 year old with a lot of liberal twat friends, I'd say it's mostly this. Our generation basically grew up with every major conservative politician being cartoonishly incompetent or "evil."

It certainly doesn't help that most conservatives pander to older generations while simultaneously shitting on millenials, making dumb emotional young people lash out like dumb emotional young people tend to do.

How could it possibly be considered racist or bigoted to criticize someone's actions? How could someone with a brain think this? I just want to understand.

They are not left wing.

You're not as intelligent as you think you are.

It's bigoted when it's a generalization.

The Bush years. Thats when the fantasy ended in 2001 after 911. Since then we've been living in a much more cynic, decadent era. It used to be cool to be right wing during the Reagan era which was also when they cracked down on the left. 90s were the fantasy age when people ate up the bullshit completely. But since 2001 people got more cynical and aware of the bullshit so people went more left. With Obamas neoliberal presidency constantly fighting with Republicans chimping out against him for stupid reasons. Some going so far as to call him a Marxist, muslim, throwing racial attacks on him. It prevented legitimate criticisms of him which were in a sense an extension of Bushs policies. Hence the left was shut down by the so called moderate left and its nearly dead now. Ironically the Occupy and Tea Party movements were pretty similar in the very beginning until both were co opted by billionaires (Koch brothers and Soros respectively). So now you have cynicism and decadent culture, the left is dead, and the only political powers left are neoliberals (which are more rightwing), neoconservatives and far right.

My wild guess is that a mainstream politics finally understood that left wing rhetorics are much more useful for influencing masses than right wings one.

1. Both parties moving significantly to the right
2. George Bush and his policies
3. Internet
4. Atheism making a breakthrough

Not so much to do with Bush as education and media being heavily left-wing. How many schools still teach Christianity being evil while Islam was the scientific marvel of the world? Probably even worse now than my time. It will only get worse as the leftism of education and media intensifies.

5. Both parties being bought by lobbies

I never claimed to be intelligent, stop projecting.

Christians killed much more people than Muslims. Remember World War I and World War II?

>media being heavily left-wing
yes the left-wing media that dare not mention higher taxes, the left wing media that didn't utter a word against the wars, the left-wing media that treats fox news as collegues, the left wing media that supported hillary and actively tried to sabotage sanders, the media that doesn't criticize any politician no matter how crazy they are (except outsiders, we wouldn't want those)

the media is corporate, not left-wing

corporate is closer to being right wing by the way

USSR wasn't Christian and killed more people than Christians. Nazi Germany wasn't really Christian-oriented either. Hitler loved Islam.

Those don't count.

But commies killing 1000 trillion people clearly in the name of purely ideological communism count.

That's why they've started calling them the regressive left

USSR didn't killed more people than Christians. They never got 2000 years to do that.

>whig history

Prove that we haven't be shifting left since the French Revolution, I'll wait.

Because they are tactical allies. They both fought against common enemy the white male.

That's what modern liberalism boils down to. Anti white male. Values don't matter. It's all a massive stunt to get white males replaced with women and black people. They will fault white men for colonialism while admiring Middle East culture. They will fault white men for crusades while claiming Islam is the religion of peace.

It's a war on race and sex, not a war on values.

classical and new liberals have created a Christianity without god, which means just hedonism disguised as progress and ''educating the pleb so that the pleb be free, free as in ''do what you want, entertain yourself'' [without the means to have it, perhaps, but more importantly without being blamed for your actions]. The same people equally dream of making the humanity non-hedonistic. Hedonists are crushed by their hedonism and dream, more so when they are bored, only of making people better, which is precisely being not hedonistic.

after the fall of positivism and their contradictory/ retarded faith in the fantasy of the universality in the human rights plus the fucking abysmal lack of idea of what to do with their creation which is the middle class [beyond making these people work and enjoying themselves outside of work], these people are led to embrace various doctrines for salvation, but more importantly, the doctrine which would save them would still be a doctrine
-which is not Christianity, since liberals have taken powers from Christians [which bring liberals love to hate Christians]
-allows the care free attitude towards the world [''do what you want as long as you pay my taxes''] on a pragmatic level [like people still must be able to go on vacation every few months, to take picture of their shitty meals abroad, sleep around but still feel good for calling fuckers degenerate, listening to music, enjoying yourself watching products from the entertainment industry...]
-still hide enough the above hedonism so that people can feel better about being animals, by pretending to seek a higher power on a weekly basis

I just think it's funny that the same people who will vehemently criticise christians for holding 'bigoted' views, will call any kind of criticism against Muslims 'racist', 'bigoted' or 'islamophobic'.

Like those christians that refused to bake that cake for that gay couple, that was blasted over the news for months. Meanwhile a Muslim man goes to a gay nightclub and slaughters 50 people with an assault rifle because of his religious beliefs and no one mentions his religion as an issue, it was portrayed as purely a 'gun problem'.

THese fuckers have failed to make the middle class something else than clients. these people have tried to make the pleb
-citizens, but it turns out that the fantasy of educating the pleb so that the pleb vote for more classical.new liberalism is super expensive once you have billions of fuckers to convert and even worse, the humanity being hedonistic in nature, people remain hedonistic no matter what
-employees, but employees are disposable by definition and this fantasy is lost
-clients, where people can be moral [=adhering to the human rights] when they buy stuff form amazon or ebay

these liberals have tried to seek salvation in building a society with the asian doctrines, but the asian doctrines are
-foreign the notion of society, like buddhism
-or they say >muh tradition, but the liberals despise the tradition differing form the ''republicanism''

so they are left with the fucking savage societies where ten people eat plants in the amazonia or the jews and the muslism and the sharia which is indeed the best fusion of
-a civil law like any liberal dream of, so that liberal can control their people
-the higher power so that it puts an end to relativism and epxlicit hedonism

the sharia is what chrisitanity has failed to produce, which means it is what the christians without god crave,

What is exactly end game of replacing whites with blacks? I never understood idea behind this scheme.

Pic very related to your comment

>That's what modern liberalism boils down to. Anti white male.
Wrong.

It boils down to having left wing policies implemented by the government.

It's just the provable truth.

Play victim all you like.

Left wing policies that put white men at a considerable disadvantage.

Leftism isn't anti white male at all. It's this bizarre cuckold mentality where appeasing blacks will prevent them from stealing lunch money from white nerds, until abortion and "environmental regulations" exterminate nonwhites.

If DC's the brain, then Disney's the heart
The PC's the plan, the pigs play the part.

gubment payed college, public healthcare insurance, higher minimum wage, end war on drugs, don't get involved in war in middle east, global warming

those are the top priorities of the left

it's not AA(which hurts asians more btw) and it's not white genocide or safe spaces etc - that would be tumblr I guess

Because normal people hate to be associated with retards like pol users

The shift to the left happened, because they have better ideas than the right has.

Simple as that. Even independents are more left-leaning.

> dude! they are like hedonists...
> who want to end hedonism! XD
Seems like a pretty retarded assumption to me. It is well known that hedonists always enjoy the ride and the one who want it to end just use hedonism as some sort of excuse to hide their real agendas or instrumentally, as steeping stone to something else. Are you so desperate for blaming hedonists, that anti-hedonists are also counts as hedonists?

Affirmative action is really only an issue for people who are borderline college dropouts. It's not an issue for average admonitions.

So mass migration of people from countries where they kick gay people of roofs to their death, treat women like second class citizens, and generally hold a large number of views which are in direct contradiction to liberal Western values is a good idea?

Their ideas make people miserable and acts like a religion with none of the good parts.

No, it's not. Banning all migration from muslim countries isn't a good idea either by the way. Left advocates vetting them and all that.

By the way refugee is not the same as immigration.

Also don't pretend you care about gays or women, you really don't.

>don't get involved in war in middle east
This has never been a thing. American foreign policies are largely independent of left/right president.

They're refugees, not migrants. In theory, this means they're escaping that, in practice, a large number of them just want to continue that shitty culture elsewhere.

We should have only taken women and boys under 12, this wouldn't have been nearly as bad if a large number of horny cunts from a shitty culture weren't flooding civilized countries that do everything in their power to cover for them.

Banning all migration from muslim countries is far more prudent than the current immigration policies dictated by leftists. Right now western countries are allowing millions of Islamists into their secular states, potentially disrupting the unity of peoples. Immigration in general is harmful and should be avoided as much as possible.

Afghanistan isn't better off because the young male population decided to fuck off. In fact it makes Afghanistan even more miserable to those too poor to flee. Immigration should be treated as an extreme-case emergency solution. Not as a constant as liberals want it.

>Their ideas make people miserable
I'm sorry about your feel there little bro

>there are no previous records of that phrase.

Well of course, it's a fucking stupid phrase that people misquote for even stupider reasons all the time.

The problem is as any ideology becomes more mainstream, the more and more simplified it gets, which results in a dumbing down of the ideology.

>left wing = liberal
Hello my burger eating friend.

1. America is vetting extensively and with great success. Same can't really be said about Europe, especially Germany.
2. Immigration in general is the opposite of harmful, because the best tend to migrate.
3a. Afghanistan is shit because USSR invaded, Americans funded taliban, then invaded too.
3b. I don't care how Afghanistan is and what it does to them to not have young male population. Stop pretending you care about Afghanistan, it's pathetic.
4. Immigration is a constant and has always been, it's part of human biology to move and look for better opportunity, not the mention part of our capitalist model of supply and demand. The point of passports, vetting, visas and all that is so we control it.

You are being emotional.

I am gay, so don't fucking tell me what I care about.

The majority of the people coming in are not even legitimate refugees, they are coming in from places like Egypt and Iraq for better jobs.

If a few hundred thousand young men from Russia wanted new jobs in Europe, would they be welcomed too?

this.

youtube.com/watch?v=aMp1xL6QwEQ

Go to bed Milo

>because the best tend to migrate.
You are beyond delusional if you think this. The trash migrates. The ones that have lost all prospects of a decent life back home. Generally dumb younger men.

>Afghanistan is shit because USSR invaded
Afghanistan has always been shit. And even then your boogeymans don't change the current state of Afghanistan.

>it's part of human biology to move and look for better opportunity
It's also human biology to rape and kill. Which is why we have laws to prevent it.

>You are being emotional.
And you are being irrational as a result of a sheltered lifestyle.

>the best tend to migrate

Yes, so it's fucking terrible for the countries they're leaving due to brain drain. I had an Uber driver the other day who was actually from Afghanistan, and he said it's ruined their country's future.

>I am gay,
Stop lying. It's pathetic.
>The majority of the people coming in are not even legitimate refugees
Then we should accept the minority of people.

It doesn't matter.

If their country is shit at providing opportunity, then they should be able to leave.

If they find space here, where they can contribute, then so be it.

Liberalism is temporary. I don't see it ever surviving in their current policies of inviting extremist ideologies that stand opposite to liberal values. Or do they really hope to contain these people in the ghettos far from where civilized people are? Because it doesn't work. Let them kill themselves in their naivety. Shame great cultures had to go down with them.

It tends to be both the upper and lower crust. And even the upper crust is bad, many times, if immigration means an overflow of jews and Indians.

>Afghanistan has always been shit.
Wrong.
>>it's part of human biology to move and look for better opportunity
>It's also human biology to rape and kill. Which is why we have laws to prevent it.

Which is why immigration is regulated. By laws.

You just want to stop all immigration from brown countries, be honest.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to destroy israel though. Arabs should be migrating there instead.

We've gone so far to the right that almost none of the population can even articulate leftist views that go beyond general social liberalism.

>That line about Kennedy and the Cuban missile crisis
Is that man just ignorant or stupid?

>And even the upper crust is bad, many times
If it makes you feel better.

I can articulate leftist views. For example, I support Hispanic immigration to kill Blacks.

>Which is why immigration is regulated. By laws.
Europe's immigration policies is far from regulated. They completely opened up their borders for several months until they realized right-wing parties were growing in popularity because of it.

>You just want to stop all immigration from brown countries, be honest.
Yes, I believe it's unwise for a civilized and secular society to take young men from a violent and primitive society in large numbers. Assimilation is impossible. Liberals will come to face with their sins when the people they invited to their homes start to advocate the murder of gays and taming of women.

ur stupid and spooked

What isnt a spook?

the ego.

Wasn't that Churchill with comunists?

>Europe's immigration policies is far from regulated.
Europe's not a country.

Assimilation is possible and it is inevitable, even though you want the reverse to be true, otherwise your entire political ideology centered around one issue - immigration, falls apart completely.

The ideas that western feminists and Arab Islamists can co-exist strikes me as humorous. Maybe they live under the illusion that the Islamist will abandon his life-long beliefs so long as he's given a pamphlet.

nah the Churchill quote is:

'If you don't cock up at Gallipoli when you're 25, you have no heart. If you don't cock up at Narvik by the time you're 35, you have no brain.'

Is there any other issues the right cares about other than Arab islamists.

>Europe's not a country.
>implying

Yes and no. There's definitely a lot of exaggerations from the left-dominated media but stereotypes hold some truth to them. The sad reality is that both left and right are composed of the exact same type of people.

Is there any issue left cares about except evil whitey?

name non-meme left-dominated media

Republicans being fucking retarded between 2001-2014

Now Democrats are fucking retarded and kids are swinging to the right.

>Assimilation is possible and it is inevitable
Is this why second generation immigrants turn out more extremist than their parents? Sounds like assimilation!

They turn out more extremist because they are younger.

Being a loser in the classical definition is what has motivated attacks. This includes American school shooting.

And you fucking know it.