github.com/JKAnderson/ST-Fov-Editor/releases/tag/v1.10
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html#Guns
stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Flesh
youtube.com/watch?v=BnTW6fZz-1E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Kill Yourself
Freedom a Best
Bloodsucker is for Fug

That op image is looks like gta the zone edition.

>They turn off their lights as soon as they realize they are under threat.
Then don't give them that opportunity, if it's really dark and you're hiding behind brush they can't see you even after they've spotted you.

Kill them before they spot you, silencers make this much easier.

>Also, just use night vision.
Night vision is very overrated.

Post webms

Which version of the game is best as an FPS, if I'm not terribly concerned with the story / RPG elements?

What mods?

None, go away.

nice meme detector

All three can have top-tier gunplay when modded and tweaked.

The one you like the most

SoC had better gunplay because it didn't have the upgrade system added yet.

CoP had the most mature version of the game's mechanics.

>You're Monolith btw, which means you should be packing more F1 grenades and RPG rockets than you can shake a stick at.
Must be great being an NPC and having infinite ammo and also no weight restrictions

SoC has the worst gunplay out of the box. What are you smoking?

>SoC has the worst gunplay out of the box. What are you smoking?
Nothing, the guns got less accurate in CS and CoP because of the implementation of the upgrade system itself.

SoC's gunplay is primitive, but was balanced as is. CS and CoP's systems were balanced around the guns being less accurate at the beginning and improving in accuracy later on.

You do understand that the "low-tier" guns in SoC are like 100+MOA, right? And "higher-tier" guns of the same barrel length and caliber are magically ~5moa? How can you call that balanced.

btw, you can only time_factor in debug mode in CoCk

Otherwise it'll say unkown cmd

>How can you call that balanced.
Game progression. There wasn't an upgrade system in SoC. It's not a multiplayer game.

You're both kind of wrong. Checking the numbers is usually a good idea before you get all hot and bothered.
Pistols and shotguns had their accuracy improved overall in CoP. Rifles had their accuracy reduced overall in CoP. However, all of CoP's ammo has 1 for the disp multiplier whereas SoC's non-sniper ammo ranges from 1.5-3, generally.
There's not some insane power gap between shit rifles and good rifles in SoC, pistols are just bad, and CoP is not less accurate before upgrades.

As to which is subjectively better I have no opinion whatsoever. I do hate upgrades though.

What happens if I set time to aim to 0 is soc? Does it get rid of super bullets or is every round a super bullet?

I completely don't understand the point. You don't want to sleep because >MUH RPS but you do want to skip the night anyways. It's literally the exact same shit, you're just doing it with a console command. Either embrace your autism and play through the night or stop sperging out and just sleep.

The latter

Thanks, does that count for npc's too or do I need to find that time to aim in the stalker ltx?

Anyone got a file with better dynamic relations for CoC or do I have to set it myself? I've been playing for few hours and now pretty much everyone likes me (apart from monolith) and it's boring as fuck. I don't want to tweak it myself again so if anyone could upload theirs it would be much apreciated.

I don't think it works on NPCs. Either that, or they basically never get headshots to benefit from said super bullets.

Cool thanks.

Pretty easy to get people to not like you user.

Just start shooting them in the face and taking their shit.

>use meme mod
>get meme'd
>complain
Just kill them you nigger.

Super bullets only occur vs enemies.

b b but muh immersion! I want them to stop liking me for no reason!

>Modifying game files
>More immersive than NPC's turning on you because you did something shitty

Ok user

That won't get rid of the problem of the dynamic relations being shit
They shouldn't like me in the first place just becouse I killed bunch of zombies in area they even aren't in

COMMON'

I SAY CHEEKI YOU SAY BREEKI

CHEEKI

Damn, this is gonna be weird to balance then. I guess I could set tta to 10 to avoid them altogether. I want to have player character and npc's on the same level. I also read that soc only uses novice hit probability so would I just set the novice one to 80% or would I have to find the script for that instead of the config file? Where can I learn this stuff? Besides constant testing after every change that is.

user: I just shot a fuck ton of zombies a couple maps over.
NPC: Damn! You killed that many by yourself? That's pretty cool man! You're an alright guy in my book!
user: Fuck off bitch.

>I want to have player character and npc's on the same level
Telling you right now that you won't enjoy that at all for a variety of reasons.

use_aim_bullet = 0
Why 80% instead of 100%?
Unless you know c++ pretty good and have an extremely high tolerance for bullshit you cannot learn this stuff on your own.

>dynamic relations being shit
so fix it, remove it.

r8 my slavshit m8s

No, actually it's not the same
Sleeping changes the game clock
Time_factor speeds up the game, Alife and all. Also you can time factor as much as you like whereas if you're not sleepy you can't sleep.

Ah thanks. It's just a time killer and learning experience instead of being brain dead and watching tv. Unless it's Archer.

>monolith
>hipster abakan

kys

>babby just found out about the word hipster
>proceeds to use it as much as possible

Yeah fuck that, the last faction loners are at war with is monolith and that's boring af
I will, it's not that hard to make it better, I'm just lazy so I asked if anyone has tweaked it

Sorry, I'll accuse you of something even more accurate then.

>turbo vatnik abakan + vs val loadout

I figured I would offset it by messing with the "stealth" parameters and messing with the sound files with the sdk addon. Unless I can't mess with something like the pb in the sdk. I'm trying to get a plan going before getting balls deep and losing track of what I want to accomplish.

>so I asked if anyone has tweaked it
I must have missed that part, my b

Aww, he thinks he's people

what hud?

Meme hud no minimap version

k, thanks

Where can I find a mod to change the FOV for Clear Sky? I've beaten the other two games at last, but I just can't play CS with the low FOV.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

github.com/JKAnderson/ST-Fov-Editor/releases/tag/v1.00

There's a 1.1 bruh

Thanks, boss.

github.com/JKAnderson/ST-Fov-Editor/releases/tag/v1.10

Oh shit. I've always used fov switcher. Glad to see one with a hud fov. Thanks.

>flesh runs at me
>put a round of 762 from my sks in it
>it keeps running at me
>5 rounds later its dead

wtf

>using rifles on mutants
pleb

Are you just looking for milsim-esque combat, similar to say, ARMA or Operation Flashpoint?

Seems reasonable to me. You want mutants to be at least a little bit spongy, since it's so easy to kite them or abuse line of sight for Burers/Controllers.

There's a lot of empty space between mutant bones. That's why you use either a shotgun or an SMG with very high RPM.

Is there any proof to this meme, because it sounds extremely suspect.

SMGs are a meme unless you're using some serious tweaks, but shotguns have a time_to_aim of 0 so every pellet (which already does great damage) is a super bullet, making them ideal mutant killers.

wat
If you're talking about CoP shotguns have super bullets turned off so that doesn't do anything. And in SoC all time to aims are 1 second.
I meant this "empty space" thing anyways.

>Mutants especially have a lot of empty space where no damage is done

metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html#Guns

I've been using the MP5SD from STCoP instead of a shotgun for ages.

>And in SoC all time to aims are 1 second
Go extract your dbs and check the shotguns. They don't have TTA.

STCoP has pretty heavily increased damage though.

They don't have TTA because they don't have super bullets at all, they get use_aim_bullet = false from [identity_immunities]

stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Flesh

>The pigs have developed a protective layer of scales and bones, their regeneration potential grew significantly and their nervous system became more complex.

Makes sense that their thick, armored hide would cause a bullet to lose much of its energy on impact, reducing damage done to its internal organs. As far as I know, stabbing them with a knife does no damage to them whatsoever, or at least it seems that way in the mod I'm playing

Use a shotgun with buckshot against them. Anything else is a waste unless you can take out an entire group of them with a well placed grenade

What is a "super bullet"? Is that just a shot that ignores any potential chance-to-hit modifiers?

Really? I know shotguns do insane damage, but I can't imagine they would still do more than 10x mult super bullets from a rifle. Now here's a question, do super bullets override the normal head bone multiplier, or do they stack with it? So 2.0 would become 20 on a mutant, or would it be 10.0?

5x damage headshots to human, and 10x damage headshots to mutants

NatVac seems to be making some assumptions here again. Just because a bone is absent from the damage list doesn't mean it takes no damage; that's what the "default" field is for (and yes, I just verified that from source). Flesh is the most extreme case with a default of 25% damage, but most are much higher than that. No idea exactly how much of a flesh is covered by the unlisted bones, but it's certainly not just "empty space" in any case.

It does not stack.

It just seems to follow that a "cone of damage" would indeed be more effective if what he says is true. Spraying with an SMG gives a similar effect.

I don't know what I'm looking for really. I haven't played those games. I'm on a potato. Why, whatcha got?

>5x damage headshots to human, and 10x damage headshots to mutants

I see, thanks.

Essentially we're talking about extremely lethal combat (very low TTK for both enemies and the player) where engaging in a firefight requires you to either be outside your enemy's effective range, engaging them behind hard cover, ambushing them before they get a bead on you, or you'll be dead almost immediately, where even an Exo doesn't let you "tank" damage.

I was actually about to ask that. Maybe not one shot against a bandit in a jacket for torso shots but two would work.

>metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html#Guns
> Mutants especially have a lot of empty space

Bones are assigned vertex groups, faces on a mesh. They are not just a little point dot on a mesh that you may or may not hit.

To bring the damage NPC humans take (m_stalker.ltx) in line with what they may realistically take, take a look at these numbers. You'll definitely need to change them to fit the weapon damage in whatever mod you're using, but that should give you a good baseline for comparing different body parts to one another.

Next, you may want to rein their vision in line a bit. Raising their "free" transparency_threshold to 0.9 and their "danger" transparency threshold to 0.7 or so, will stop them from treating bushes as if they weren't there. This is unfortunately something we can't have both ways, because this does allow you to hide inside bushes and essentially become invisible and cheese everything, but if you don't do that, and instead merely use bushes to break line of sight and re-position, you'll be fine. Also increasing their luminocity_factor up to ~0.9 will slow their "detection" bar quite a bit in low-light conditions, which will make stealth viable. I'd recommend keeping it around the default values in their danger state though, so that the "stealth" approach only works out of combat.

Since we just fucked up the NPCs, it's time to fuck up the player. In actor.ltx, set hit_probability_gd_novice to anything from 0.60 to 0.80 which is going to massively increase the effective damage you take, but we're not done there. Back in m_stalker, find the fire dispersion settings, and tighten up those spread multipliers a bit. Bringing disp_stand_stand in particular from 4 to say 2.5 is going to give them a big increase in the range in which they can fight back and still fuck your shit up, which makes crouching in the open and sniping everyone far less viable. While you're there, you may want to mess with their fire_queue settings, dropping the interval times (millisecond delay between firing) down a tier, and possibly altering the burst sizes while you're at it.

There's more you can do, but play around with that first and get an idea.

Damn, thanks. I'll be busy for awhile.

Could someone explain what normal time factor means in dumb dumb terms? Is it npc movement speed?

I forgot to add that I set time factor to 5 to slow it down and brought normal time factor to 5 since they matched before. Both were 10.

Mama Jade has breast cancer.

she'll pull through, shes a fighter.

Now we just need a quest to recover a rare, one-of-a-kind artifact to cure her of her life threatening cancer, unlocking her as a traveling companion

heresy

>no ui except for the one thing you should always turn off
Ruined my day.

b b but how would he hip fire accurately???

BREEKI
youtube.com/watch?v=BnTW6fZz-1E

>meme shotgun
You deserved it.

your life is a meme

It is. I was excited about Irma and bought into the fake news hype because if it fucked up all of my shit, I'd finally have a really good reason to kms and just get it over with. By the time Irma got here, it was downgraded to a cat2 and just tipped over my fence. Nothing ever goes right.

That's hilarious, user. Keep it up

Nothing more satisfying then getting a head shot on a moving target when firing from the hip without the crosshair, im so used to it now i don't need it. It just looks ugly so i have to agree with the user.

Anyone got the download for the latest misery mod? They removed it from moddb