/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Slow Slag
Previous jej
The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in clanghalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

you-books.com/book/G-Egan/The-Clockwork-Rocket
youtube.com/watch?v=bvim4rsNHkQ
store.steampowered.com/app/285920/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Awaken

What order do you build shit in survival on spengies, and what start do you normally go with?

Cuckout servers going down for a patch. No idea whats in it.

new faction time?

build order:
1 - open the helmet and breathe in some vacuum
2 - quit
3 - uninstall

Probably just regular maintenance.

New rebuild competition is a R34 GTR.

you-books.com/book/G-Egan/The-Clockwork-Rocket

Well that's what I do normally, anyone else?

same as always
everything to make shit that makes shit
everything to live
everything to move
dakka
repeat last step

eggshaust

Why did I think this mod sounded like fun?

You're a masochist. What you probably actually want is something like hardcrafting.

>no WASD challenge

I'm not familiar with it, is that what you're doing? You should probably just attempt that on vanilla right?

>vanilla
>disable wsad and enter
gl hf
it's possible

Of course it's possible, it actually sounds piss easy honestly since you can craft a belt immediately. Real men play bobs+angels marathon with no handcrafting

you can, but then you have to use it for movement for all the game
it's just painful and tedious, not really that hard just like bobangel

I dunno, it sounds like challenge just for the sake of challenge. At least with bobangel you get tons more stuff to do. If you truly want masochism I suggest you look up some of the more troll mods like nuclear (giant) spitters or flammable oil. Wear and tear might be up your alley as well

ded

See, this guy gets it. Let's call it the torquebox model or some such; internals determining the assembly characteristics of boxes (or whatnot), literally how much torque comes out on a bus-bar when conditions X, Y, Z are applied to wires/channels/fuel lines/whatever.

Expand on that and report back with any interesting failures.

>toying around with mod installs on eggtorio, testing for incompatibilities before I start playing
>can't open my inventory for some reason
>after investigating, figure out which mod is causing it
>has nothing to do with player inventory, only vehicle control
>whatever, decide to file a bug report with mod author and check to see if it happens with pure vanilla
>reboot game with just vanilla + mod, game freezes up and computer goes black screen
>ctrl+alt+del doesn't work, even holding power button down on the tower does nothing
>unplug it and reboot, it boots fine
>windows looks normal except all my programs are logged out (skype, discord, steam, etc) and most others had their settings reset
>realize my pc was just a victim of the eternal clang

youtube.com/watch?v=bvim4rsNHkQ
Blooper reel

>rapid unscheduled disassembly
rev up those rees

Is he going to be okay?

Does that make sabotage 'rapid scheduled disassembly'?

>realize my pc was just a victim of the eternal clang
once it has started it will return
like an eternal echo, going only stronger and stronger
embrace it, there is no escape

rapid unauthorised disassembly

m'booster

I think it's a great idea. Have power plants and grenades made on a raw ore line, smelt in mixed arrays, filter by what various assembling machines require, put steel on a line of its own. It's like forced spaghetti where one of the belts is just ores.

That being said, filter inserters can be simulated with a reduced-density belt and a fast inserter triggered with a "exactly one of iron" condition. So the masochism is really just a matter of building a fuckhuge array of that.

Does the shape of the helmet remind you of anything?

is the terra tech thing any good? store.steampowered.com/app/285920/

Looks familiar...

No, but the capsule reminds me of a filthy Eldar

crosscuck was fun for maybe a week.
after about 3 i think ima uninstall.

Thanks famalamma. Guess Ill keep playing without you.

>That being said, filter inserters can be simulated with a reduced-density belt and a fast inserter triggered with a "exactly one of iron" condition
Or you could just use filter inserters.

So there's this giant enemy vehicle

Flip it and attack its fuel tanks for massive damage.

Frog blast the vent core

I can't captain! It's using some kind of cloaking device!

LOL that fashion statement isn't going to protect shit against the vacuum of space.

it's a flight suit if I recall

The perspective is shot to hell. Just look at that tiny tank next to those guys in the trench.

You haven't seen shit.

>in his city of R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

>engineered boobs
Nah, but fucking machines really do the trick.

"half armor blocks were the 5 most voted on the site . and our guys did it in their free time "

just taste that for a moment

>we did improve user interface, please look how it doesn't look any different
>we added 0.5 blocks, the work on them was incredibly hard, it took us about 20 seconds for all of them
>we broke antennas again
>scripts probably are broken again
>we now improved multiplayer for trolls that spam antennas/beacons
>we now added exploit to insta-stopping ship of any weight with a lagswitch
wew

>not even omniwheels

I'm dumb, other than radar return, what is the flaw of rounded shapes (or round turrets) in military vehicles? Mostly in the "getting shot at" department

What the hell were you expecting from those physicians?
>bulge
Get's me everytiem.

>we fixed server-wide CTD when player picks up item
>now players CTD when they drop an item
>we fixed assemblers not working
>now lights don't work
>we fixed moving parts exploding (x5)
>now they don't move
>we fixed sim speed differences killing players
>now client speed is throttled to match server speed

>hey let's make another game
>hey let's make AI

>The Mexican scam artist one
Which one?

These guys look like Corneroids

I knew the fucking parents were always the problem in education.

>good naturedly go after the spengie if the CLANG is weak

can somebody do this with the new safe-space skin?

you know

"Half armor" probably being undeformable like any modded block. Nearest grid based calculations will open a new world of failure. I wonder why the 60% off suddenly.
If I play this it will only be for the skins really.

>the title of the issue
Still angered every time I witness the volatile incorporeal force being mentioned elsewhere.

I think that specific ocurrence was fixed.

>naturalistic is the only good style

Didn't know he was Mexican.
I feel dumber now that i know.

compare
and

report and hide
do not reply
come on /egg/, you should know this already

>can't stack half blocks like MC slabs
what the fuck is the point

Groebbles

Booting up Spengos for the first time in a while. How do those skin crates work? The update video said they're gonna be double drop rate on skins, so I figured I'd get in on it. What's the best way to get them? Do they show up no matter your world settings, or what?

Do we have someone in the IRC?

For those who do not know of this skin yet.

Crates spawn in survival, about 4km away from you either on space or a planet. They have at least a small reactor, a parachute, a small cargo container and a button that shows on your HUD and coordinates.
Get there before the 15 minute countdown and press the button to roll for a skin. The skin gets sent to your steam inventory. After like a minute or two another one will spawn.

The cargo container has some parts and maybe an upgraded tool, which allows for naked survival start on a planet. The reactor has uranium that you can consume for space start since exiting the starting gravitational pull strains the fuel reserves. The parachute if not spent is worth quite a bit of silicon. Grinding the whole thing yields useful components.

The gay drill doesn't look as gay as I expected, it's more of a children rainbow

>map covered in ressources
plain cheating

>fashion statement

>get gay suit and leopard helmet/shoes
>mods break the drops out of nowhere
>stuck with those for a while
>decide to remove mods
>get a drop after 20 minutes
>it's a fucking gay rifle
>reenable mods and forget about crates

>spengies feedback site
What should we bitch about first?

>What should we bitch about first?
solid water

no compound blocks
no micro blocks
no good wheels
no analog controller support

Untill a month ago they couldn't fucking simulate STATIC ROCK without simspeed drops, turning water liquid would freeze your PC forever.

please freeze me until spengi is perfect

components being tedious unnecessary "muh realism xd" shit
same with cargo sizes really. large large is almost infinite, small small can't hold fucking shit.
needing every kind of resource to build anything but not having more than 2-3 tops available per rock
ridiculous low density of rocks
shitty battery nerf
dogs. again.
inconsistent ore refining times grinding production to a halt
programmable block being an excuse for not having better logic blocks
planet survival being shit
building in high G being shit
meteor harassment not being a good hazard
mining lag

I don't care to list anymore

Because of this.
Slopes offer greater effective thickness and better deflection properties.

As a personal test, first put your hand flat with the fingers forward and the palm pointing downward, then try thrusting your hand straight towards the hard cover or a book at 33 degrees and then try the same against a round surface, and see for yourself which one deflected it better.

I mean, it wouldnt take much to protect from accidental vacuum.
It isnt supposed to be an EVA suit after all, just a flight suit that can survive vacuum if something bad happens.

You can't build outside the start without mining the ore first. That's the point of the mod. Only miners can be placed on the ore, so you can only mine the area next to open ground as you can't place a belt on the ore.

more about spengies or more about crossout.

>components being tedious unnecessary "muh realism xd" shit
It's not even realistic.
>ion thrusters don't use reaction mass
>no heat simulation
>the ship's center of mass doesn't matter
>reaction wheels are very powerful and you get full rotation control with just one
>inventory sizes aren't directly proportionate to how much space a cargo container takes
>an obnoxiously low speed limit
>no orbital mechanics
>the planets and meteors don't move in relation to each other
>gravity just stops at a few kilometers altitude.
I'd be fine with EITHER a ship simulator or Space Minecraft, but it isn't really anything right now.

>post about components
>start talking about thrusters and heat and shit
not even related

>inventory sizes aren't directly proportionate to how much space a cargo container takes
they actually are. the inventory values are taken directly from the volume of the corresponding block. which is the whole problem because it's just not balanced for gameplay. only the suit inventory is kinda arbitrary and I'd guess it's only 400 because any less and you wouldn't be able to play.

>orbital mechanics
wouldn't work.

what an autistic post user.

>wouldn't work.
nice citation

Essential Space Engineers mods? I like survival stuff in general, and decided it was time to get a legit version of the game since it's $10 right now.

the engine isn't designed for it and the game mechanics are not designed for it.

you'd have to remake the game from scratch, engine and all with orbital mechanics in mind. and it's really not that kind of game.

Pure vanilla flavored suffering

Has there ever been a method of FTL that involves dipping in to an alternate universe with different laws of physics and chemistry?