/owg/ - Overwatch General

FUCKING NERF HIM EDITION

>Welcome to Overwatch. A F2P where you can buy a hero and one trick your way to Grandmasters.
>To get access to Overwatch head over to battle.net/shop/en/product/overwatch-loot-box-seasonal and purchase a Lootbox to gain access to Overwatch.
>Sincerely yours, Jeff Kaplan
[YouTube] Overwatch Seasonal Event | Summer Games 2017 (embed)

>Event item tracker
pastebin.com/Zy3uRMtN (embed)

>DEATHMATCH has been added
>includes both 6v6 TDM and 8-man FFA
>along with a new map built for FFA (it's BLACKED's family home)
youtube.com/watch?v=d89Vu8GVq2c

>Latest comic

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20972920
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-https://pastebin.com/Zy3uRMtN

>Overwatch dev tracker

>Hero tips, tricks and basics

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leader boards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.com

>Previous thread:
(Cross-thread)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/704w5a/one_of_the_top_overwatch_streamers_on_twitch_at/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here comes T.Racer!

I have an idea and want some feedback. What do you guys think of a "time out" system? And no it wont be easily exploitable. Here's why. All 6 members must vote yes to pause and the pause only lasts 60 seconds at most or they can end it early. I want it because it'll give a team the time to actually talk and discuss what's going on and get a strategy going. Overwatch is fast paced and you don't have a lot of time to really talk about what's going on and figure things out. It'll let your team just stop for a minute, take a deep breath, and have an in depth strategical discussion about the game. A moment to breath and calm down. 2 guys arguing non stop? Pause. Talk it out. Calm everyone down. Continue the game. Each team gets 1 time out per round. One on attack and one on attack. KOTH each team gets 1 per round. Yes? No?

YOU DIPSTICK

And why would I want them?

*one on attack and one on defense

sorry.

>my winrate for every character except Mercy is abysmal
>so much so that I'm scared of playing anything else
What do I do?

It needs a timeout for a disconnect
>player drops due to shiternet
>5 remaining vote to pause for their 30 seconds this round
>player rejoins
>if the rejoin was within the pause window, no SR loss and no suspension

N-NEED HEALING!

for the reasons I listed. You only have time to make quick short call outs and shit. Pause and go more in depth about what's going on.

I really want to see a Mercy main pee herself. It would make me absolutely diamonds.

>sr gain/loss is performance-based, bro :^)
Time to debunk this shitty meme.

Fuck you and your retarded hidden mmr system, Jeff.

Yeah fuck that, a tilted team that can't think on the spot doesn't deserve to win. They'll just pause due to salt as a way to try to get back at the enemy team so the match drags on more.

Havent played in a couple weeks due to school, has mercys changes been added or are they stil in the ptr?

New hero when?

Are you trying to nab my prize?

>G'DAY

This, plus it'd really disrupt the flow for the other team. Imagine having your nano blade ready to attack, then, a moment before you do anything; PAUSE. "guise genji has nano what do we do" or some shit.

ayyyyy

So why does Reaper, a hero that's completely reliant on his positioning, get a get out of jail free card that makes him immune to mispositioning? At least make him be able to get hit by CC or something so he can't just jump into the enemy team 1v6 and then safely fly to the nearest health pack?

reply please

tuesday

STEVO JUST GOT BANNED HAHAHHAHA

>"hey love, where are the pussy"

Best out of 5 > Best out of 3

I'm glad even these big streamers are getting banned for throwing

lmao good riddance

ANUDDA SHOAH

are you familiar with football? American football? Not soccer. Ever heard of icing the kicker? Time outs can be used strategically too.

reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/704w5a/one_of_the_top_overwatch_streamers_on_twitch_at/

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

literally every other offense hero has some sort of movement option to get out of a tough spot, Reaper is no exception. He'd be fucked without wraith

Funny thing is that the game before he got banned he motivated his team into a win while their Mercy was screaming "get another healer or I throw".
The problem is that reddit IS that Mercy that scream in chat then throws.

He got banned because they caught him streaming it

Last night i had the most fun playing Overwatch in my life and I was asleep!
Dreamed Cammy was a playable character.
Spiral arrow: 5 sec CD, knock back.
Cannon spike: 5 sec CD. knockback, can combo from spiral arrow if timed right for a greater distanced knockback.
Wall grab: if you can reach a ledge you can climb up it like hanzo or vault off it in any direction.
Air throw: if near an enemy in air and use melee you slam them on the ground.
Gun: machine gun like sombra but not hitscan
Ult: Cube like zone that does dmg less than reapers but lasts a bit longer and slows enemies in it while invulnerable

i was jumping ledge to ledge and comboing people off the map like crazy and air slamming genji's, the most fun i ever had playing overwatch and i wasent even awake and havent had OW installed for 2 months.

Off to play SFV cus your waifus are shit.
would reinstall if tracer got a cammy skin.

WHO CARES DED GEM

>general is nothing but replying to shitposting and ignoring genuine questions and discussions

Ok.

I actually like when people do bronze to GM because it shuts up those little bitches who complain about ELO hell when in reality they're just shit. If you're good you'll get out of your rank eventually. It's fucking season 6 now if you've been in gold since season 2 guess what? You're a fucking gold player, not in elo hell for 6 seasons.

I'm not giving yous to a Mercy main attention whore.

Don't forget the occasional erp that takes up half of the posts before migrating to discord

Okay, so that justifies how he can 1v6 without being punished for having shit positioning, got it

>why does someone who needs to be in melee range have something that makes his job less of a hassle
Are you going to complain that he has 250 health too? He's pretty broad hitbox wise, has range that even Reins hammer feels more generous with in comparison and pretty much everyone has range on him, if you're fighting up close he's going to have a huge advantage, but if you have range then you pretty much shut him down as he's going to be doing peanuts to you if he does try to fight past several meters. I can't believe i'm having to defend him in his mediocre state, but this is how he is.

This would only work between rounds.

You mean a Mercy main who is trying not to be a Mercy main?

Still talks like one so he needs to fix that before he tries anything else

How would you suggest I talk instead?
What did I do wrong?

>keep getting shitty teams with shit comps
>leave because no way to win
>get punished because most of the player base is retarded and doesn't understand team comp in a team based game

Just accept your destiny user. You're not going to stop playing Mercy. After her rework you might not be looked at with such disrespect anymore if it makes you feel better

>leave because no way to win
go back to quickplay

alright people aren't for my idea. What if you can only pause if all 6 members are dead or in spawn? Then there's no action to interrupt.

Becoming a flexi player was the best decision.

>playing with Lucio
>team keeps spreading out, we are losing
>switch to Zen
>we win

>take Zarya for defense
>we win

>me ooga
>team booga

>playing Zarya and Zen
patrician

>"You vill do tventy push-ups... Or I vill CRUSH you!"
What do?

I'm getting mixed signals here.
Did he get banned for throwing games to drop rank, or did he get banned for making a smurf and wrecking noobs?

I will play whatever I need to. Except Soldier. Fuck Soldier.

See

The latter.

But ELO hell is real, because he "must have thrown so many matches to get placed in bronze"
Reddit probably threw a shit fit and logged on specifically to report him

That's just sad.
This toxic meme has gone too far.

I started as a true 100% smurf literally playing anything the team needed. Rein, Ana, Lucio, Soldier, anything. Now i'm a flex still but only play like 5 or 6 heroes. 3 supports and 3 tanks. No offense or defense. Can't play dps I gave up on that.

both and neither

What is "smurf"?

overly muscular girls are fucking disgusting. There's a difference between being fit and in shape and being a manly looking masculine he she.

apparently it was his original S1 account
it was just him bodying some fools around

According to plebbit he dropped to bronze in a 6stack and that's exactly why he's getting banned.

if you get wiped by death blossom, you deserve it for not watching for flankers

magic beans

>he's not hyped to get /bestskin/ for /bestboy/

>being THIS GAY
>actually, unironically being this... THIS gay

widow is a smurf

shrooms

I don't understand the point of the first part of your post. Elo hell exists because he had to throw games? What do you mean?

a drug

My favorite zen skin is nutcracker. I used Skullyata before I got nutcracker though. 2nd best.

I was being sarcastic
Clearly the account is low level, so all he needs to do is play like a noob for the first 25 levels - barely doing anything other than afking
Comp placements are the same - give minimal effort, get placed in bronze. No throwing or deranking needed.

I'm gay because I don't like masculine looking women? What kind of logic is that lol I like girls who look feminine, not manly.

How the shit am I supposed to deal with Reaper in low rank when people down here don't even know that he doesn't become invulnerable during his ult? I just had a game where the enemy team literally 1v6'd and got 5 kills with his ult, twice. Do I just have to lock in Mccree every time I see him on the enemy team?

I'm the same except for the smurfing. I'm recently expanding intp Reaper and getting better with him, he's the only DPS I can tolerate.

Discord mod for Stevo here.
Stevo is getting unbanned soon, you heard it here first! Stream back up soon.

If you don't like both, then I hate to break it to you, but you're literally, and I mean this in the truest sense of the word, LITERALLY gay.

fucking faggot

fake and gay

>ZIDF

But I've been using that skin since last year

If he ults MAYBE

that picture literally looks like a man with tits. Everything except for the tits make her look like a man.

Yeah right. Tell me what's REMOTELY masculine about pic related.

>zarya's wings
how is she so sexy

That's not helpful at all.

Oh shit, I just realised something!
I started playing OW again after a really long break, so the first few days of s6 I dropped 500sr. But I'm slowly climbing back -> What if nuBlizzard thinks I deranked on purpose?
I dont wanna get banned, bros.

I love playing tanks

please explain what's gay about not liking girls who have the body of a man thanks.

>in low rank
get out of low rank

You're being memed, don't reply

She is big, fuzzy siberian bear!

her arm looks less muscular in that picture but still looks a bit too big. Most pictures of zarya are overly muscular for a girl.

and to a lesser extent I never liked her boy haircut. I like girls with longer hair, not short hair. This doesn't mean that any girl with short hair is automatically ugly though, plenty of girls look fine with short hair. I just think they'd look better with long hair.

Several well known twitch streamers did the bronze to GM one trick and were explicitly told by community managers to never do it again.
And you think SteveO can get away with it multiple times?

Like, we get it, you're in GM+, what are you doing by cheesing bronze though plat? You're making the game less fair for both teams and proving nothing.

Reminder that Zarya and Reinhardt are the only acceptable tanks, and are the patriarchs of the game

because u dont like my obscure fetish xd