What is the goal of humanity?

what is the goal of humanity?

Utopian immortality

Dank memes

England.

Loli waifus for everyone.

to get dubs that others can check

Look at mine m8

There is no "goal" for humanity other than suriving and reproducing.

The goals you are talking about are for individual persons and everyone defines his/her own goals.

I'm so glad you brought this up because I had a good ol chance to work me noggin on this one and here's what I arrived at.

We are different from every other creature on Earth, and we've always known this. Our religious text have pointed it out saying Heaven is a place for us and not for creatures. So what's the difference? They say we have a soul and the animals don't. Scientifically speaking we've located a big difference between us and them and its our brains. They are massive and they are capable of a perception that animals cannot do. Maybe the soul resides in the brain but is not limited to it??

But coming back to your question..

We are smarter than everything. I say that we are supposed to be a sort of Shepherd race for all life on this planet. The Earth is our Garden and we are it's Gardeners. The moment we extend what we want for ourselves to every other being, that is the moment we have accomplished our ultimate goal as humanity.

So some of the duties include cultivating all kinds of vegetation and fungi, sometimes helping it to thrive, sometimes leaving it to its own devices. We could do something about diseases and create animal sanctuaries, etc etc. It goes on like this.

You might say 'but what about natural selection'. We can operate like shepherds and keep natural selection.

I promise you this, in the next 100 years the entire world will be vegan because all meats will be produced artificially and at the same time contain much more nutrition. The global pollution crisis will be solved too.

But I think if we want this we need to also push the world in this direction because eventually robots are gonna take all of our jobs and we'll become obsolete :O.

Besides basic biological functions i think the only board that will give you a straight answer is /pol/ and Veeky Forums.

Humanities was a mistake

Increase entropy in faster and more efficient ways.

In general, life as a process is a complex mechanism created by the universe to increase entropy and bring about it's own heat death.

Good job, you build yourself a Civilization. Whats the next step in your master plan?

Why would you say that instead of actually giving the "right" answer...

But evolution has caused life to grow more and more complex, reducing our entropy.

It's irritating that vegans have some good ideas, but seem to focus on the animals and failing to recognize it's the social structure of society that needs to change first. Half the world has to struggle to feed themselves daily, they can't be concerned with the ethics of the fair treatment of animals. Sustainability is a great idea, not allowing humans to eat meat is a bad one.

Not at all. We've merely built great inventions (read: everything ever from the simple spear to nuclear power plants) to increase entropy for us.

I'm thinking doubles

If anything life seems to defy entropy. That's not to say it won't eventually die, but evolution causes life to grow, spread, and adapt.

also galactic conquest if not universal

Collective consciousness / hive mind

That's an interesting way of looking at it. If society progressed to unify and use technology to its full advantage, might you then agree?

Also my point was that life goes against entropy. Humans may in fact be a malfunction. Life grows increasingly complex through time, by essentially moving and improving information through time.

Tang when?

In the long run, I believe that defying it is the ultimate goal. Assuming that quantum mechanics take precedent over classical mechanics over a very^very long period of time, a sufficiently advanced civilization could do anything to prevent the heat death.

However, I don't think anything can be done about the dominance of dark energy, which may end up just subjecting us to a Big Rip scenario anyway.

I just realized you weren't replying to me. My apologies

to create the ultimate species

I agree, the goal of life and humanity is to defy entropy. Humanity seems intent in fulfilling that, but it is not a given.

Aren't scenarios like the big rip not expected for magnitudes of time?

>Aren't scenarios like the big rip not expected for magnitudes of time?

Neither is the technology required to fuck with the fabric of the Universe itself.

Man’s chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever.

I take it you have a pessimistic view of humanity. I think the idea of this thread is the next few to several thousand years, speculation about life at the end of the universe is so far down the line we can't comprehend that kind of time

That's the thing. I don't believe humanity will "make it", so to speak. We're very likely to end up destroying ourselves (Or wounding ourselves to the point where we wouldn't be able to prevent nature/events in space from doing so) before we make it off this rock, let alone this star system.

It makes no difference in the long run, assuming of course there are similar intelligence elsewhere in the galaxy (Which is practically guaranteed), let alone the whole universe.

All we've done so far is a blink of an eye. We've done nothing but increase Earth's entropy, and it seems we're going to keep doing so until we're gone.

The technological advancements in the last century are mind blowing. It has had a tremendously negative impact on earth.
Looking at it with such pessimism is ridiculous and pointless. It seems that that is your intent, especially if you brought up the big rip- a problem so far in the future it's ludicrous to think about

I understand your malaise. But if you'd asked anyone to predict in 1942 if humans would be on the moon in less than a quarter century, no one who knew what they were talking about would. In 1985 if you'd ask anyone to believe you'd have an ability to search a giant web of information instantly from their phone in 20 years, you'd just get a confused look.

Yes.

>We're very likely to end up destroying ourselves

You see this idea here is one you've made in a moment of pessimism. The evidence doesnt point this way.

As a society we are awakening, isn't that true?

We are realising how much power the collective has?

Yes there are a lot of idiots and there are going to be a lot more, but we wont fuck ourselves up.

There will never be another war soon..We are getting very close to that time. The people wont stand for it.

Since Vietnam people have been increasingly against war in the US.

If you want to feel good then start getting involved in spreading the idea of critical thinking (make sure you can do it to) and political literacy.

You believe humanity are going to kill themselves and you must realise its far from the case.

The collective has a lot of power to do evil.

That sentence...is incredibly stupid.

Like you just put together a few words like it came from a movie. You need to think about what you are saying and then make sure there's evidence to support it.

And having said all that I believe the next big advancement is sociopolitical in nature. If we would enhance and use our current technology wisely, it's not unreasonable to expect great progress from that.

Great power has the ability to do great things. Injecting morality into it needlessly misses the point

To attain immortality and an afterlife. With the scientific biological breakthroughs of the past 50 years, only God knows where we'll be in 100 years. It's only shame of all the dead that will be left in the dust.

You dont want to stray to far from what is natural. How can you be comfortable about taking pills that change you mentally and physically. When do you stop being you and start becoming something else?

Keep shit natural.

Dying at the age of 50 due to pneumonia is perfectly natural. But unacceptable in modern hospitals. We are well past what is considered natural. Nature is flawed. Our bodies cannot sustain our DNA without taking on critical damage, creating the urge for offspring. If we found a way for our DNA to repair itself without the cells needing to die, we'd see wondrous things.

The cure no pneumonia is also natural. You take anti bacterial.

The pneumonia patient wouldnt even be there if they stuck to a natural diet and not the hormone injected, unnaturally pickled manufactured foods that we all eat.

So you tell me what got him there? His unnatural living habits!

And what got him out of it? Humanities medicine, which is made from naturally occurring things. The Egyptians ate moldy bread as antibiotics, and we still use that very same antibiotic today!

Nature isnt flawed, you just cannot accept that your time will end.

>How can you be comfortable about taking pills that change you mentally and physically
What's the problem here again?

selfdestruction

Crashing this planet due to climate change, species loss, soil loss, social conflict and overall environmental destruction with no survivors.

So because the Egyptians did it, it's natural? Also no, pneumonia isn't unnatural. It's completely natural. It's not man-made.

I'll argue that everything man makes is natural, because we are part of nature and what we create is part of our nature.

45 territories including Paris, Jerusalem, and Dijon

To crash this planet

Its natural because it comes from mouldy bread which is yeast and flower.

Now coming onto the point you said about everything man made being natural, yes you are correct in saying that, but then again if we look at it from another angle and compare chemically induced happiness, vs achieved happiness then would you say the chemically induced one is as natural as the achieved one?

And extending that point, the chemically induced happiness usually comes with detrimental side effects. Why? Because it physically doesn't work the same as achieved happiness does in our bodies. We call that unnatural.

P.S. I never said pneumonia wasn't natural, L2read plz.

See above.

The actualization of Spirit as Absolute.

>Hi, where is the way to Chicago?
>Just down that road.
>Why don't you bring Chicago here instead?
Uhhh, user...

I kek'd

There pretty much isn't one, people assume that our ancestors had a goal in mind when they first started building huts and planting seeds in the ground, but they were merely trying to satisfy their desires and survival instincts. Each generation built off the last because they didn't know what else they were supposed to do and eventually ended up were we are today.

In the end we are just grown up children pretending to understand the world we inherited.

What a stupid response. You talk as if we should keep going in one unbending direction despite our growing comprehension of the universe, and of our selves.

No, the learned man's answer is that we evolve with our understanding, as we have already been doing.

>There is no "goal" for humanity other than surviving and reproducing.

Even that is indefensible.

>You talk as if we should keep going in one unbending direction despite our growing comprehension of the universe, and of our selves.

I literally never said this, I wasn't advocating any sort of future direction for society.

What in the fucking shit are you talking about? Are you a burnout?

This is literal nonsense.

You didnt imply anything about the future but you implied our what our ancestors intended for the future. It's not true. You shouldn't say that.

We should evolve as our understanding improves.

>We should evolve as our understanding improves.
I didn't say otherwise, what are you trying to argue here?

Everyone wants to survive and be happy. But everyone has their own idea of what that means to them.

I'm not personally attacking you, there's no need to be so offended.

I'm completely aware of your peaceful intentions, I was responding to you because I don't understand what point you were trying to make.