Why the fuck did the Nazis hate Serbs and love Croats so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cUbCp2WgkYw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hitler said croats were gothic, serbs were slavic

The Croats wanted their own independent country, so the Germans helped them do that, in exchange for helping against the Serbs and occupying the territory.

>muh hitler wanted to kill all slavs
Stop with this bullshit, this is /hit/, not a retarded second grade Russian school or something. Hitler wanted the Balkans, uniting with the Croats and the Bulgarians was the obvious choice, since the Serbs and Greeks were Britain/Russian allies.

Croats are aryan, don't you know?

Croats make good music.
youtube.com/watch?v=cUbCp2WgkYw

Yugoslavia joined the Axis, but were toppled by a British coup and Hitler was buttblasted about it.

>it's a slav neo nazi can't deal with the fact papa Adolf would have starved his ancestors then sent them to the ovens to clear eastern Europe for volkisch colonizers if he had the chance episode

I never said Hitler wanted to kill all slavs, revisionist stormfag. Pretending he saw them on the same level as Germanic people though is retarded.

Only the Poles and some Russians.

>I never said Hitler wanted to kill all slavs
You implied it by saying he helped the Croats because he thought they're Gothic and attacked the Serbs because he thought they're Slavs.

Yeah, everyone in occupied Ukraine had a LOVELY time!

>hur you implied it by saying hitler would give control to germanic people rather than slavic people

>implying ukrainians aren't a meme identity made by the soviets as part of korenizatsiya forced multiculturalism policies
Find A SINGLE reference to Ukrainians pre 1900.

>ukrainan identity
>made by the soviets
That's why the Germans planned to free Ukraine if they won WW1.

same shit, different religion

Because the Serbs (prompted by the Brits) went out to the streets when Yugoslavia joined the axis and shouted BETTER GRAVE THAN A SLAVE (bolje grob nego rob), proceeded to stage a coup, break the alliance with Germany and ask for British help.
Hitler was furious and wanted to wipe Serbs out, the Croatian officers defected to Germany as soon as the war started and the Germans were greeted as liberators.
I have a bunch of pictures of Paul, regent of Yugoslavia, and Hitler.

Because Serbs are subhuman.

Yep, it's a Slavic Neo-Nazi episode.

who doesn't?

What if I find something before the Bolshevieks had any power?

People should get this stupid idea out of their heads that the Nazis were driven by their racist theories. The theories were deliberately picked or made up in order to justify their conquests which were planned based on geo-strategy and politics. If they preferred Croats over Serbs it was most likely because Croats happened to be the more opportune allies at that point.

It's because the Serbs broke their alliance with Germany under the influence of the perfidious Albion.

this

in 1941 yugoslavian monarchy signed a pact with hitler making royal yugoslavia part of the axis

croatian ustashe were a nationalist terrorist group at the time fighting the serb royal family

these were based in italy at the time, and adopted a fascist ideology

just after the serb royalty alied with the axis the serbian army did a coup and enthroned their own, pro-british king

hitler reacted to this by bombing belgrade and steamrolling yugoslavia

germans first pick wasnt ustashe, they were vieved as a unruly bunch of guerrilas, similarly to the iron guard, but since all serious croatian poiticians chikened out since they didnt want to have shit to do with hitler, mussolini prompted the establishment of the ustashe as ruling party of the new NDH state

in return, pavelich, the poglavnik of the ustashe gave italy dalmatia and the islands, basicaly selling a fift of his own coutry away like the fascist cocksucker he was

ustashe then proceeded to enforce race-laws, meaning they rounded up jews and gypsies, but also went out of their way to massacre the local serb population, which reacted by forming local chetnic groups, which differed from the allready existing mihajlovich royalists, and nedich para-militaries, but still basicaly cooperated with germans and italians, or joining the partisans, which while from 41 to mid 44 mostly croats and slovenes were the only real resistance in the land, and ideologicaly ''supranational'''

all this, in the context of the whole bloodbath that was the WW2 balkans, layed the foundation for the postwar 45-47 carnage, in which one didnt even know whos killing who any more, only thing that was clear was that all fascists(except the ones that turned sides) are to be exterminated, meaning a couple hudred thousand people got rekt -after-the war was over, including massed of domobran, which were just regular army, mostly force recruited and treated like cattle, as well as tons of volksdoichers and native italians

>People should get this stupid idea out of their heads that the Nazis were driven by their racist theories
They obviously were though. If they weren't, they wouldn't have wasted time trying to exterminate helpless Jews who were no threat to them, and would have tried to use Ukrainian and other minority nationalism against the USSR instead of treating them like garbage. Sure, in areas they cared less about, like the Balkans or Asia, they were opportunistic, but in the area designated as German Lebensraum they clearly let their racial ideology influence their actions.

The theories might have affected their policies within conquered territory but most of their geo-strategic decisions were not made with racist theories in mind.

they did use ''minority nationalists'' wherever they went

any ethnic group that was pro-german at the moment was '''''aryan''''', for the moment

even in places like belorusia where they were basicaly exterminating the whole rural population they had groups of local ''''pure aryan'''' collaborators

their racial ideology was mostly myth based and maleable as all fuck

the jew thing was a different story

>the jew thing was a different story
Hating Jews is just an old European tradition.

Clearly the Nazi's were jealous of the great "Serbian Empire" and didn't want it to return while they were doing their thing.

>they did use ''minority nationalists'' wherever they went
Bullshit, not in any systemic way. Accepting some local auxiliaries to do some dirty work is not the same thing as exploiting minority nationalism. They never made any systematic effort to set up a Ukrainian puppet government with a promise of Ukrainian "independence" after the war, like they did during WWI.

>their racial ideology was mostly myth based and maleable as all fuck
Sure, but that doesn't mean it didn't matter.

Serbs are fucking useless when theres no Kebabs to remove

Serbs are useless when there is kebab to remove.

What can Veeky Forums tell me about Milan Nedic? Wtf was he all about?

Also Montenegro was semi independent at the time as well too, right? Wtf were they up to?

40,000 Ukrainians served in the SS stupid.

Thank you for these user.

a very unhappy story of a pretty cool dude, who happened to be put in a seriously fucked situation and had to sacrifice alot to please the psychotic germans who were happy to slaughter serbs by the lot over basically anything and psychotic partisans who were using hit and run tactics while fighting the monarchist yugoslavian guerrillas

That's irrelevant, it doesn't say anything about the quality of life for average person

Thompson is the greatest musician after Roki

drop trip

he looks enthusiastic

Purely political reasons, however Croats are considered higher race than Serbs on the Nazi Aryan scale, some would probably be allowed to integrate. Others would suffer the same fate as any other Slav.

>would probably be allowed to integrate

>implying any of the halfassed ''plans'' some crazy ss theoretician had for whichever european population would have happened post war even if germans won

>The theories were deliberately picked

The "Croats are Goths" thing wasn't a real theory but merely one of Hitler's table talk antics. The serious racial "scientists" didn't just pander to pro-Axis ethnicities; for instance, in the SS, there was criticism to SS-men having relationships with Croatian women

What i want to know is, if Ukrainians are the true heirs of kievan rus', then why aren't they calling themselves rus' or rusians or whatever the fuck. Why are they using the meme name "ukrainians"?

The Croats helped the Nazis fight Serbian partisans who were a real thorn in their side in the balkans.

Ukrainians are descendants of the Golden Horde.

I'm sure post Holodomor anything was better.

More Ukrainian civilians died at the hands of the Nazis than in the Holodomor, so not really

>Serbian
>Empire

I find it so ironic that the so many Croats will say that the communist (2nd) Yugoslavia was theirs, while the kingdrom (1st) was of the Serbs, because Tito was a Croat, and because Serbian political influence was hindered.
When in reality, the wast majority of partisans were Serbs, as well as the wast majority of the nomenklatura, who accepted the terms in order to make a stable Yugoslavia... for a time at least.

Awkshulley....

Croats accuse Tito of a pro Serb bias and Serbs accuse him of a pro Croat bias and both sides are so blinded by nationalist myths and bs that they can't see he was fairly impartial and just doing his best to keep the whole shitshow going after he died.

Then Milo shows up and starts consolidating power so Yugoslavia can ACTUALLY be pro Serbian and Serbs turn around and say he was actually pro Yugoslav

Balkans is cray, yo

Montenegro was an interesting case.
It was an Italian protectorate, as Serbia was German.
But, it was created in order to stop Croatia and Albania (both technically Italian protectorates) from dividing it up.
This happened because the queen of Italy was the daughter of the former King of Montenegro.
Italy, despite being under Mussolini was technically still a monarchy.
The governor of Montenegro was, guess who? The officer that lead the Christmas rebellion which was Italy's attempt at overturning the decision of the Montenegrin parliament to join Serbia.
After Italy capitulated, Croatia tried to annex Montenegro. Which lead to a phrase: We are not Goths being used by Montenegrins. Because Hitler memed up Croats being Goths, not Slavs to suit his "racial policy".

As for Milan Nedic.
I'll be honest, i pity him. He was installed as a German puppet. And he did everything he could to mitigate German damage. He had to take in many Serbian refugees from Croatia. And he had to make keep the peace, as Germans requested 100 Serbs killed for every German soldier.
This lead to the massacre of about 3000 Serbs (~2800 identified, 300 of which were school aged children). Interestingly the communist numbers of this tragedy says 8000. 8k seems to be the magic number for overblown Balkan genocide claims.
Anyway, he did as he was instructed, and sent the secret police to look for the Jews, however all further treatment of the Jews was directly under German control. Tho all correspondences with surviving Serbian Jews indicate that they don't blame him for the Holocaust.
A good man who was in an impossible situation. Too bad you don't get points for trying. He's never getting rehabilitated. He's branded as a collaborationist traitor.

On the other hand, Ljotic and his ""volunteers"" were straight up cunts that participated in the killings of Serbs that defied Germany. Even participating the the above mentioned massacre of Serbs.

Don't call Milosevic Milo, Milo Djukanovic is on the right, and he's still the president of Montenegro.
29 years in control baby. 2 nationalities, 3 countries, 4 political ideologies.

I always wonder why german-italian border conflicts didn't cause more trouble. Mussolini wanted all of that area. Also Germany had slovenia and if I owned slovenia I'd use that as a justification to take all of greater slovenia for med access; why didn't hitler want fucking med access? Also there was south tyrol where germans lived.

It was an Austria-hungary divide, all ethnic groups of the former country worked with hitler on some level

He certainly planned to do so, hence the killing of 38 million Slavs, the rapes of 10 million women in the Soviet Union alone and the wholesome destruction of Slavic property, some 84% of it.

Basically, the bulk of the Slavic population, as well as 5.6 million Ukrainians, 300 000 Czechs and nearly 2 million Yugoslavs.

And the vast majority of them have abandoned their posts once they seen the piled up bodies of their countrymen in Western Ukraine.

Their geopolitical decisions were certainly influenced by them, hence their allies being "Aryans", while their enemies were declared and actively represented as "subhumans".

> Croats happened to be the more opportune allies at that point

Not just that, Croats pride themselves in being servile to their German masters, it's rather pathetic.

Burning men alive in their sleep is considered a victory these days?

>Burning men alive in their sleep is considered a victory these days?
Yes and getting yourself so drunk af few hundred brave man may slaugther thousands of you is pretty fucking pathetic.

>this is /hit/
actually it's Veeky Forums

They saw what happened to Macedonia and decided not to put themselves in the same position.

>Gommunism
Not even once.

most partisans were croats and slovenes, up untill late 44

Lol'd at fucking retards ITT.

The only reason Croatians were considered "muh Aryan" is because they decided to fight for Hitler.
Same with Muslims, Niggers and Chinks. If you fought for Turd Reich, you were considered Aryan. If not, you were subhuman.

Easy as that, you fucking cunts.

Apperently I had an uncle in the domobran. I asked my dad if that was like being in the Wehrmacht but be he couldn't really answer me.

it's true.
The only blond-blue people there are settlers from Poland-Lithuania

Rest are swarthy mongol/tatar scum

Or maybe the Aryans just chose to fight for the thid reich?

Then explain why Polish majority has R1a which is Aryan, but didn't fight for Turd Reich?

hmmmn... I wonder why they would want to differentiate themselves from Russia?

They wanted to but the eternal anglo came in the way.

really made me think...