Exactly what are the reasons why Russia has become increasingly revanchist and revisionist in the past years?

Exactly what are the reasons why Russia has become increasingly revanchist and revisionist in the past years?

I'm especially curious about their ability to turn reality completely on its head. Why do so people think Russia is being encircled by NATO?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q6pN6WeulxU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_theater_hostage_crisis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_school_siege
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

oil prices dropped

Because it is.

Every dictatorial regime needs an enemy. So Putin's propaganda created the evil NATO and degenerate Europe encircling them, portraying Russia as a fortress of traditional values and whiteness. Also Russians has always been a very militaristic society, so it's easy to play on that string. Also it's a huge shithole, so he choose to go the "Yes, we might be poor and whatnot, but at least we're stronk and have nukes!"

I dont understand why Russia doesnt focus on improving the quality of life of its inhabitants.

They have more or less the population of Germany + France, but spend much more in the military, while being much poorer, their birth rate is extremely low, the population is falling, and they have a lot of minorities.

I feel like they are wasting their natural resources, they should be investing in cheap housing for young families, diversifying the economy etc.

>their birth rate is extremely low, the population is falling, and they have a lot of minorities.
I think Putin has actually been trying to rectify that

Because it's hard to improve. It's easier to brainwash the peasants and steal money.

Does Russia actively foster this image? /pol/ types certainly project that onto Russia as a whole but I don't think anyone actually believes that among the Russian people nor does the government really market itself in such a way.

Just read some RussiaToday, it's THE official Russian propaganda machine.
I don't think the more intelligent Russians believe it, but the masses surely eat that shit up and truly believe Europe and the US are degenerate as fuck compared to the traditional pure Russia.

Because Putin is a robber baron and the Russian federation is essentially a criminal mafia kleptocratic state.

American foreign policy is dictated by Jews who hate Russia and want revenge for the pogroms. There is nothing they would love more than the destruction of the Russian state and the enslavement of its people.

They are right to be paranoid.

RussiaToday's English bureau written specifically to target people in the anglosphere and western Europe shouldn't be taken as a representative of Russian media as a whole, tho...

Essentially theyre angry about losing Ukraine

>Russian federation is essentially a criminal mafia kleptocratic state

No, that was Yeltsin's Russia, which the West loved. No one ever called him a dictator like they do with Putin, not even when he bombed the parliament.

uh huh
Look into how much Putin stole from gazprom. Putin isn't a head of state he essentially manages the 9 oligarchs that control the Russian economy, ensuring they don't get too greedy to bring the entire house of cards down while taking his cut.

It's the same in Russia. The main tv channels and newspapers are controlled by Kremlin. There's literally no opposition in the media.

Watch some RenTV or RTR self-made shows. I love watching Vremja aswell, gives me hearty laughs. Oh, I forgot, you fags only speak one or two languages.

The government is trying to increase people's support. Instead of develop the country and be leading in something Russia is searching external enemies.
>Russia has become increasingly revanchist and revisionist in the past years?
After the ruble collapse Russian economic fall down by twice. To distract their people from problems the government use the propaganda

>Exactly what are the reasons why Russia has become increasingly revanchist and revisionist in the past years?

Everyone has become increasingly revanchist and revisionist in the past years because the current batch of elites have fucked up so bad.

>I dont understand why Russia doesnt focus on improving the quality of life of its inhabitants.
You should go read a book on geopolitics then.

This is the book you need to read. Putin is not the evil dictator the West paints him as.

These threads are always so depressing in how little clue people have as to how the world works.

May as well be talking to 10 year olds.

no he's not
He's just another oligarch robbing the Russian people blind and dumping all of his assets in English and Caribbean banks.

You should look in the mirror before talking shit.
>some dude who's 'friends' with Putin had some money stashed away
>amagad Putin embezzling money!
You need to get a grip instead of swallowing all the bullshit your media feeds you.

I really miss that brief moment in time when the US and Russia were bros. :(

that was only because Bush was a retarded pushover

retards always forget how much people were chimping out over Russia and Georgia in 2008 when they invoke the "le bush and Putin were le best friends" meme

really made me think

Russian elites know they are guilty as sin, and it tears them up inside. So they convince themselves everyone is out to get them, and they are somehow the victims.

Because NATO has been steadily swallowing up its former buffer states even though we unofficially officially promised them we wouldn't do exactly that in 94. We've snapped up nearly the entire eastern bloc and we're in the process of tearing down Syria to deny them any more allies. Russia is right to be concerned.

>I dont understand why Russia doesnt focus on improving the quality of life of its inhabitants.
because its a dictatorship run by breathtakingly corrupt mobsters at every level, why improve the country when you can just steal from it. So long as you're passing "gifts" up the chain from what you steal its fine, and if you don't you'll never advance to a position where you could change things.

Meanwhile all they have to do at the top is play up people's patriotism and apathy to keep the cycle going.

But it wasn't Russia that destroyed Syria just to fuck with its enemies. Why would Russia remain passive when the west is attacking their few and valuable allies?

I get where your coming from, because those stereotypes exist to a certain extent in my mind too, but I can't help see it is just as practical that the majority of Russians actually see themselves as the "good guys", the same the majority of Americans/Western people see themselves as the "good guys". Words like "poor", "tyranny", "dictator", etc tend to be very amibiguos forms of putting down another society we've been programmed to see as the "bad guys". I'm certain most Russians see America/the West as obese, indulgent, wasteful, and ungodly, and view themselves as the healthy, logical, and just savior of humanity. You can't say this for all obviously; even in your own countries we are not unified in our brainwashed ideologies; just look at the current "presidential" race in USA. At this point, whichever country/group of allied countries is most strongly unified in their brainwashed ideologies are likely going to be the "winners", that is, they will produce, manufacture, and grow.

>It's easier to brainwash the peasants and steal money.
Same could be said about USA and anyother country. Notice how bias the going sentiment is towards Russia. Everything that's produced by the western media is trying to make them as the "bad guys", and there is no counter besides Russian News, which our media will automatically confirm for being biased to Russia.

>My-multi-culturalism
I could see some future propaganda justifying this as a "return of power to the Majority ethnic populations from the gangsters of the Russian empire". Guaranteed to keep it burning itself alive with border disputes, and far easier to control by Western interests.

because Russian geography means that anyone who controls certain routes, like the Northern European Plain, essentially has a knife at Russia's throat.

Their insecurity comes from this fear.

Putin's not evil, but he's definitely a Russia first kind of guy.

Unfortunately for him, the clock's running out on Russian military power. Pic related. He's trying to get Russia in as good a position as possible before he runs out of manpower.

Because Goy, it's under our jurisdiction.

>were

Shit, I still come across people who insist that Russia took over Georgia.

Like, no, they didn't. Look at a fucking map. Georgia is not Belgium, and every independent investigation into the conflict basically concluded that Georgia got what was coming to it for acting a fool.

Exactly what are the reasons why Europe has become increasingly revanchist and revisionist in the past years?

I'm especially curious about their ability to turn reality completely on its head. Why do so people think Europe is being overrun by refugees?

Exactly what are the reasons why Americahas become increasingly revanchist and revisionist in the past years?

I'm especially curious about their ability to turn reality completely on its head. Why do so people think America is being subverted by globalists?

Exactly what are the reasons why China has become increasingly revanchist and revisionist in the past years?

I'm especially curious about their ability to turn reality completely on its head. Why do so people think China is being encircled by the US?

>think America is being subverted by globalists
The United States is the one that pushes for globalism, and is its primary beneficiary.

I hate how the Alex Jones crowd turned it into a buzzword they repeat but can barely define.

>mfw they form a confederacy of states with Moscow as it's capital

unreal

To be fair, NATO was founded for the specific purpose of encircling the Soviet Union. It later became a more general sort of military organisation that appears to be slowly merging with the United Nations, but Russia is still convinced that its primary purpose is to fuck with Russia.

>It later became a more general sort of military organisation that appears to be slowly merging with the United Nations,
NATO is an extension of US force progression. It serves US interests first, last, and only.

You're basically retarded if you're buying this retired cold war propaganda.

The corruption in Russia is due to the large scale sell off of all the Soviet assets, a process completely designed by Washington which lead to the largest fall in living standards in history. Putin improved the living standards of Russians in an exceptional way since taking power and the country is moving towards its former glory with his guidance.

The United States literally wants to eat the entire world. It's pathetic that there are people who haven't realised this already.

>Putin improved the living standards of Russians in an exceptional way since taking power and the country is moving towards its former glory with his guidance.
Hail Putin!

But seriously, the rise of wealth was because of the rise of oil prices. It has nothing to do with Putin. Actually he's a big idiot for not diversifying the economy and relying solely on digging shit from the ground and selling it to mostly Europe. Pathetic.

Modern Russia is what the USSR saw Capitalist countries as back in the days. Russia today is a caricature of itself.

>It serves US interests first, last, and only.
And the UN doesn't?

why are they being served gold coins in a restaurant?

fucking propagandist had ONE job

It would if not for China and Russia. US has to actually bargain and explain itself to get the UN to do what it wants. Oh I have no illusions about the UN ever actually standing up to the US or going counter to their interests, but as an agent of the US's will it's inefficient and unwieldy compared to NATO, which goes instantly wherever the US points to.

>Why do so people think Russia is being encircled by NATO?

Promises were made when the USSR dissolved that NATO would not expand east.

West = Good Guys / Russia = Bad Guys is no different than the Russian propaganda that posters like this put out there. With no USSR the "West" has been rather desparate to find a new enemy, Middle-Eastern dictators haven't been enough so they just went back to blaming Russia for all the worlds ills.

youtube.com/watch?v=q6pN6WeulxU

>shitty mercator projection
>including Taiwan in Gommunist China
>"forgetting" that the US supports Worst Korea against Best Korea
Oh, for fuck's sake!

And here's a nice little scenario that may play out: Putler does something stupid and EU counter attack. The war is bloody, brutal, bungling and mercifully short.

EU goes first for the Arkangelsk-Astrakan-line and second for the Ural mountains.

Knowing that the greatest threat to post-war change is the cadre of officers, so they are targeted with extreme prejudice.

The rest of Russia would be relatively easy for China to roll into and grab all the land they can get. Or have it as a banana republic for natural resources. Therefore, Russia must seek help from EU.

That help may be given, but not unconditional. All symbols and insitutions of russian specialness must be purged. Such as the cossacks, that are basically used by Kremlin as a redneck bioweapon against the natives. Or why not the parades with loli and shota suicide-bombers: Because it was a fucking communist coup!

>Because NATO has been steadily swallowing up its former buffer state
Nice use of words, bydlo! No one is forced to enter NATO. Sweden had a golden opportunity to enter NATO in the 1940s. Is considered an inofficial member of NATO. But can't be forced to enter it.

>Because it was a fucking communist coup!

He rigged an election and had protestors gunned down in the streets. West didn't care. Putin puts Russia first and suddenly we care about human rights and democracy in Russia. Suddenly Putin is literallly Hitler.

>and had protestors gunned down in the streets
It's ok when it's commies.

>"forgetting" about that thing called Europe
>"forgetting" about Stalin's rape train to Berlin

>tfw RT shills are getting paid yet still can't make a good case
Yeah, the protestors dindu noffing wrong. Not even sniped.

>Promises were made when the USSR dissolved that NATO would not expand east.
No such thing. Stop parroting Russian lies.

>With no USSR the "West" has been rather desparate to find a new enemy, Middle-Eastern dictators haven't been enough so they just went back to blaming Russia for all the worlds ills.
That is as intelligent as saying that if we put a ball of cotton into a fire, we can't say that it's the fire that turn it into ashes.

So how about this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_theater_hostage_crisis

Some 170 dead because they didn't handed out an antidote to the gas.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_school_siege

Some 385 dead because of fire rockets and RPG.

So yeah, if this is how Russia solves relatively small incidents, there's no reason to believe that they are any different elsewhere, as seen in Georgia, Ukraine and Syria.

This, also in just the past 30 years NATO invaded a dozen countries just because it was in the interest of the US, going as far as completely destroying civil society in some of these like Iraq and Afganistan which as we'we all seen has led to some pretty fucked up consequences today with perpetual civil wars and ISIS.

>Because NATO has been steadily swallowing up its former buffer states
Can you even list them? The only expansion in former USSR was in 2004, more than 12 years ago. Do ever consider why it has become an issue just now?

>even though we unofficially officially promised them we wouldn't do
derp

>also in just the past 30 years NATO invaded a dozen countries just because it was in the interest of the US

list them then

>also in just the past 30 years NATO invaded a dozen countries just because it was in the interest of the US
Muslim shitholes led by dictators like Saddam and medieval clans like Taliban had no civil society to begin with.

Yes, and they're their by invitation AGAINST Russian aggression and neo-imperialist domination.

No shit the Rooskies don't like it. Maybe they should ask themselves why most of their neighbours think they're douchebags. The only neighbours friendly to Rooskies are either bought and paid for, or because they needed to cozy up to a Russian protector against other regional bullies.

>Every dictatorial regime needs an enemy
Exactly, so US propaganda created the Russian boogeyman

>Yes, and they're their by invitation AGAINST Russian aggression and neo-imperialist domination.
Well obviously they are, it conflicts with their own imperialism and aggression. They want an obedient client state out of Russia they can control and exploit like they've done with the rest of Europe, but Russia isn't backing down.

To be fair, the civil society in Afghanistan was already destroyed by the Soviets and the Taliban. But I definitely agree with you on Iraq.

The soviets were there to support the government in their fight against the US supported Taliban. So really it's USA and their Taliban boys that destroyed afghanistan.

But then the US-led coalition eventually more or less restored the government rule. I guess it's even now.

The taliban was founded in 1994, after the collapse of the soviet union. Fucking kill yourself vatnik.

MUH BEEG STRONK TRADISHUNAL MAN PUTIN GONA KEEL THOS DEGENERATE J00 WESTERN PIGDEVILS!!!!!! ANY1 WHOO DISAGREE IZ A SHILLARY LIAR!!!!

>muh putin bring great economic growth to mother rossiya!
Delusional.

It's important to point the differences between post-Stalinist Russian "communism" and (((communism))).

After Kruschev, Russian "communism" became nothing more than a vessel of Russian nationalism. Modern "communists" in Russia are pro-Orthodox and love Alexander Nevsky as much as they love Stalin.

When (((anti-communists))) say they hate communists, they hate this kind of communism. They do not hate the kind of internationalist communism that murdered millions of Russians between 1917 and 1936, from Red Terror to dekulakization. All those (((neoconservatives))) who live in the U.S. and talk about "democracy" and "liberty" are the children and grandchildren of communists who slaughtered Russian innocents, and they hate Russia because they got purged.

>Russia literally annexes a region from another country
>"why is the evil west paiting russia as bad, fucking fascist jews, we dindu nuttin"

You can't make this shit up.

>gdp lower than fucking spain
pathetic

>West bombs a Orthodox Christian country and then literally separates a region from it
>"why is evil Russia so paranoid, fucking homophobic fascistic Christians, we dindu nuffin"

This list doesn't consider purchasing power parity.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)

>demise of ussr orchestrated by western bankers
>usa begins bombing slav countries for literally no reason
>usa randomly invades iraq and Afghanistan for practically no reason
>wonders why russians are concerned about the west

Tell me again the religion of Ukraine, you proud Orthodox defender?

Fucking retard.

And that not even per capita.
It doesn't count when Russian median wealth per capita is less than India.

>>usa begins bombing slav countries for literally no reason
name them

And excuse my ignorance, but didn't the great Slavic defender Russia just recently annex a territory from a hmmm Slavic country?

Is that like how denmark has slightly lower wealth inequality than Zimbabwe

>serbs dindu nuffin
>yugoslavia ancient great serbian clay
>west is full of facists but gas the croats, bosnians and albanians твн

Because of agressive American imperialism.
Russia didn't stage a coup in Poland or Germany, USA staged a coup in Ukraine.
Russia is defensive here. Whatever your stance is on Russia as a state and Russians as people, they are not the agressors in this case.
How do you think Americans would react if Russians played in their backyard? See how they reacted to Soviet nukes in Cuba.

>they are not the agressors in this case.

That doesn't seem to contradict his point?

It doesn't matter what Serbs did, USA took it upon themselves to be the sole judge in global politics.
NATO intervention in Kosovo was an illegal action, and it was based on outright fabrication in part (Operation Horseshoe).
And while Serbs commited crimes in Kosovo, those supported by NATO (KLA) did the same and no one gave a fuck. They did so right under NATO troops noses.
Sorry you either practice what you preach or you don't. In latter case, you have no real moral high ground. Russians have their own legitimate interests and so do Americans.
But Americans are the agressive side here. Not Russians.

>occupy and annex a territory
>not an aggression

It was soviet territory not Ukrainian. There was nothing to annex.

Yes, that's an agression in response to American agression. They didn't make a move first.

>and whiteness

Not in the slightest, modern Russian nationalism is heavily Eurasianist

It is an agression. No doubt about that.
But so are most of American actions since the Cold War started.
And this particular Russian move was provoked by American agression.
And while arguably they were lesser evil in Cold War, right now they play the role of USSR. "Evil empire", as one of their presidents put it.

this is what the shills are actually propagading

>that's an aggression in response to American aggression
I suppose the Euromaidan protesters were all CIA plants?

>And while arguably they were lesser evil in Cold War, right now they play the role of USSR. "Evil empire", as one of their presidents put it.
And let me guess - Russia is the good guy?

I just love how Russian shills provide no sources or basis for their claims, while the other side posts graphs, maps and refer to actual treaties and documents.

Unfortunately the /pol/ infestations is so big, actual facts are overlooked.

>muh Russia is being encircled
>b-but Russia is still the victim

>NATO have invaded dozens of nations
post no list of countries
No list of countries gets provided

>they are not the agressors in this case
>It is an agression. No doubt about that.

Are you a schizophrenic?
I remember Putin denying the green soldiers in Crimea were Russian and then two months later he admitted they were and gave them medals. You Russians surely change facts fast.

It's good that Russia is being surrounded. Them and China.

We should proclaim it.

We are surrounding you.
We are containing you
And one day, we will destroy you.

Your black-and-white version is more like shilling than mine. I'm not the one pretending that one side is faultless while other side is pure evil.
Russians have their own interests and so do Americans. But Americans are the agressive side here, that's my point.
No. But those protests were hijacked pretty quickly.
Did you ever hear about counter-Maidan protests? Of course you didn't.

>But Americans are the agressive side here, that's my point.
Which country invaded another one? Which country annexed a part of another country?

>we