/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>New Panel Art as Free DLC
gematsu.com/2017/07/tekken-7-teams-renowned-artists-game-panel-art-due-free-dlc-september
>Eliza and Taiko no Tatsujin DLC
siliconera.com/2017/07/28/eliza-taiko-no-tatsujin-dlc-join-tekken-7
>Patch 1.05
sihmar.com/tekken-1-05-update-patch-notes/
>Patch 1.06
sihmar.com/tekken-7-1-06-update-ps4-xbox-patch-notes/

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Qvw_KmmtMXE
youtube.com/watch?v=k8x-6-FPmT8
youtube.com/watch?v=AE9Gs4NW8YE&list=PLuU4f-e9KPIJpgkvVp_yjRWDHwTT2JGSQ&index=5
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So if Lili's sister is a S U C C...

Wouldn't that mean Lili is also...no, I refuse to believe it. There must be a logical explanation. Maybe a new employee at Namco made a mistake and accidentally wrote Lili instead of Asuka being the s u c c 's sister. They should really fix it in the next patch though.

Jimmy Boy

how do you explain eliza coming out of lili's basement

How does it feel knowing Asuka get's the special S U C C treatment every day from Lili?

>"how do you know my wife?"
>DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT FUCK YOU
>"how do you know my mother?"
>IT'S NOT IMPORTANT FUCK YOU

So we can all agree the Tekken 7 story is the worst one right?

Geese will fill in the holes.

Here's a list of the times when a fighting game's plot wasn't completely ridiculous:

where's the list?

Josie is pure unga
Lili is disrespectfuland unga
Asuka is gimmicky and unga
Alisa is bunga and unga
Eliza is wack and unga
Kazumi is spam and unga
M. Raven is dishonnest and unga
Ling is broken and unga
Leo is unga and bunga
What's up with all the female characters having so much gimmicks?

>green rank
>pick new character for the first time in quick match
>1000 win genbu akuma
well shit its been nice knowing you lads

no

>never know what character to stick with

the one you have the most fun with

Buff Law.

>DSS nerfed
>No low launchers, not even CH dragon tail
>DSS even tighter for best damage now, (I can only imagine how hard it would be on PS4)
>Less moves cancel than before
>Pretty much zero ground game; answer to law pressure stay on the ground lmao

youtu.be/Qvw_KmmtMXE
Virtua Fighter player here, thinking about getting Tekken 7 since it's on sale this weekend. Which character plays the most like Pai-Chan?

Lili is not a s u c c! Lili is a p u r e. Lili is not for l e w d. Asuka only gets the special bullying treatment, nothing else.

The s u c c probably partied too hard the night before and woke up in the Rochefort mansion. Shit happens when you get smashed like that.

Xiaoyu

What's a good way of approaching people from far away as Eddy?

I'm too obvious with my wr3

you're not that smart eh

I just looked up her movelist and wow it is extremely similar to Pai's. Lot of strings that go into back turned stance, launching heavy kick when back is turned, bokutai/phoenix stance, butterfly kicks. Guess I'm going to be Xiaoyu main. Thanks user.

wtf hate

Xiaoyu is the best ~

is there even an objective reason to playing Eddy instead of Xiaoyu

youtube.com/watch?v=k8x-6-FPmT8

If you like BBC instead of petite chinese JK I guess

The Jeondding run up-relax special

Hold the fuck up is that some Bastion music I hear

Enjoy your new waifu, user.

Our guy Nobi live from Australia.

twitch tv/yuunobi_gaminglive

>tekken 40% off on steam
>really wanna buy it but then remember how they fucked me over with the ps4 version
What do, should I give them more money anyway? I want to play the superior version

do it and then never look back

I want to be that bike's seat

>play against a hwo
>it's a lagging bitch
figures.

Why is Josie the only female with a decent looking fightstyle?

Someone decide my main.

Panda with backup Nina

play bears

good goy

xiaoyu

gigas

mishima or go home

What are you, some kind of commie?

Just bought the game at long last because of discount

Previously I would have gone right to some character like yoshimitsu because I was that asshat who picks some super memey complicated low tier character purely because they have an interesting design, but I haven't played a fighting game in 7 months and I just want to have some casual fun. Who should I play? Who is this game's equivalent of Sol in terms of unga factor?

katarina, shaheen or any of the newcomers

Leo, katarina, drag

katarina is ez mode and boring
josie is unga bunga
jin is also ez but i don't know if you are a homosexual

play paul like everyone else to make scrubs mad

When's Geese? I took a look at the newcomers and aside from Gigas, Akuma, and Geese I don't really like the look of any of them.

Katarina is extremely easy to learn.
Just follow this tutorial
youtube.com/watch?v=AE9Gs4NW8YE&list=PLuU4f-e9KPIJpgkvVp_yjRWDHwTT2JGSQ&index=5

Yoshi is far from low tier in Tekken 7.

I hate everyone who plays Steve

Why

the majority of steve players just spam highs

>When's Geese?
Rumoured for December

Akuma is fun to play but his execution is really tight and you're not really playing Tekken. Someone said Leo. That's a good choice too. Anyone is fine desu. Just don't play gigas you'll get frustrated really soon.

Eddy.

maybe at green ranks

Green ranks = unga ranks.

>300 win Mentor Dragunov

you gave me 10 wins could have gone for 11 at least.

If you don't get to at least Warrior before 100 wins you might as well stop playing Tekken there and then.

>tfw 31 wins
>mentor
W-will i make it? My winrate is going down, at 62% now

Stop pretending that having a high winrate somehow means you're good

Thoughts on Geese Howard?

Don't listen to the guy. Most people don't make warrior in 100 wins on their first tekken. It's a legacy game, just keep on learning and you'll be gud by the time the next tekken rolls around.

Tekken 7 is balanced enough to use anything and be pretty succesful. I picked up yoshi and whilst you don't get it as easy as with other characters, he definitly gets the job done if you spend enough time playing him. But if you want something simple try leo, drag, any of the newcomers except Maven, and a lot more, most characters don't have very high excecution and are pretty straightfoward.

I don't really get why people like him so much, being that he appears to be a physical embodiment of how this dude imagines himself, but his moves seem pretty cool

>tfw 400+ wins and vanguard
i got to mentor after ~15 wins, be prepared
main?

Still stuck playing tekken 6 cause I'm a poorfag. FeelsBadMan

sale on bro now's the time if any

Still too poor. Gonna have to wait for Tekken 8's release it seems.

>physical embodiment
but he's a virtual character

I agree though

Some user from Venezuela got the game gifted to him in this thread. Beg and be cute enough and maybe there is hope.

Fellow poor here. I bit the bullet because i figured I could end up playing it for years and wanted to get started when everyone else is playing since I could talk to others/understand conversations better. I dont want to tell you to be financially compromised but I don't regret it. I skip out on a ton of games and have regretted other puchases, but if you like tekken, it's not a bad investment especially on sale

He's going to have 30 moves with 10 half-circles in them just like Akuma and Eliza and everyone will be disappointed.

Actual Tekken character when?

>Venezuala

That's hard to beat. How can I compete with a begger from a third world country. Well I do live in Baltimore so that's a start I guess.

Not that guy but I'm stuck at vanguard as well, and it took me 500 wins. I mean yoshimitsu. I'm still getting better so I don't feel as stuck as I am.

Eliza doesn't have any half circle moves just quarter circles, no idea about Akuma.

gitting gud is way to underappreciated

i love deathmatches for instance but i can count those on one hand

I've been getting a lot more deathmatches since switching to pc though. I'm vanguard on ps4 but pc so far seems a lot better, also no input lag and less lagging overall. I hope these deathmatches will still be a thing once I rank higher on pc

people who hit yellow/oranges usually played previous iterations of the game. Of course some people are more skilled than other and can achieve that with Tekken 7 being their first game but that's not as common as people seems to think.

it really depends on the time when you are playing

i can't tell anything about ps4 netplay, i only play locally on ps4

Let's not argue semantics. My point is he's going to be another 2D fighting game character, AKA small movelist and generally uninteresting

I just want to be a simple Hwoarang main. But Its not that I have the money and cant spend it. I just dont have any money.

I can tell you about ps4 netplay. It's fucking balls. I only have a handful of friends to play with locally and they kinda suck and don't seem to want to get better, so I'm stuck with online.

do people play the steam version?
is it fun? haven't played tekken for about 10 years

the only thing i heard from a friend is that on pc, most guys try to play less gimmicky

but i'm sure thats highly rank-dependant

Yeah a lot of people play on steam. It has better internet and less input lag than the ps4 version, a lot of pros switched to PC. It's pretty fun, the gameplay itself is top notch and this tekken is pretty beginner friendly, as far as tekken can be beginner friendly. You have a few less features but you can mod so that more than makes up for it.

it's one of the most played fgs on steam atm
EU here and i still find matches at 4 am

Well pushing through kyus and silvers I met a bunch of not bad players, and only 1 eddy and 1 king trying to meme me with spam/throws, so your friend may be on to something.

The cutest one!

as a king main, i feel insulted by these people

Is there any use for moves like Snake Edge in higher ranks?

Not a single one you played and thought "Hey this plays really nice, I'm really enjoying myself with this character."?
Try the entire roster until you get that feeling.

I feel you man, king is pretty dope. Too bad he's also the reason why a lot of players drop the game.

pick one, that is the most appealing to you (looks, style) and stick with it
tiers are very narrow spread in tekken and everyone is viable (except gigas and chloe if you aren't korean)

I was being literally figurative

Everyone puts Gigas among the worst but he can't be that bad. I've seen him deal shitloads of damage! Let's lab him

>if a move isn't a high, it's -9999999 on block and/or slow as molasses
>aside from 1,2 his punishment is shit
>no sidestep, but also has a terrible backdash unlike Jack
>if he has a mixup then both options are so punishable that it's basically a 50/50 against yourself
>his overkill throw is easily spotted and broken, doesn't even have another throw to mix it up with like King's GS/iSW
>absolutely garbage RD that can get you launched if you pick the high attack

the fuck
I never played previous Tekken games but was Marduk this garbage?

Do we know the bears are bad?

I just think nobody has given them a chance because they're big and silly and people just think they're bad