/arena/ - Arena FPS General

Kampala Blues edition

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

Pastebin with download links for FREE GAMES: pastebin.com/NzQifF9b

>Tutorials
youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=f8CP1oSy_-o [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1 [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=n2tdDZWSGy4 [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=n2tdDZWSGy4 [Open]

>(Incomplete) QC custom weapon skin showcase:
my.mixtape.moe/wrrdkk.webm

>List of /arena/ fags willing to play QC
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_r9pS_mV3vAZXwJmb5gM5LB2km77pkAx9s0aGFDxR0/

Fragged thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gamereactor.eu/news/591343
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

HUH

I told you fuckers we needed a new thread.

what the shit is this op image

>finish game
>player is following you
>player has sent a friend request
>player has invited you to a party
>oh god
>mean to hit decline
>hit accept
>immediately quit game

calle stop

post sorlag feets

Holy shit this game is dead already.

willits lied
quake died

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU GO AN ENTIRE MONTH WITHOUT A SINGLE CONTENT UPDATE OR SEMI-MAJOR BALANCE PATCH

DO THESE FUCKS NOT UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF "MOMENTUM"?

that's that thing you lose in burial chamber every time you hit a pebble on the floor, right?

>have some BJ runes
>the whole character-switch-and-have-runes-apply-to-both thing doesn't work for me apparently
>decide to actually play BJ
>activate ability
MY RETINAS

>chest and backpack from twitch
>3 duplicate shaders

so since stream drops are an opt in thing apparently, do we know of any streams that have opted in?

I only noticed today you can tell if a chest is gonna have a dupe as soon as you click open. Listen really close and you can hear a shorter version of the 'you got some shards' jingle before it actually opens.

and you can see your shard total go up as well

But you will find out in one second anyway.

>planetpenetrator updated the cowtits nyx with a lactation version

yeah but the faster you get it over with the better

>cowtits nyx with a lactation version
which one, there's like 3

the latest one

this one? god damn

>cowtits
>lactation
literally gayer than futa

yeah, check their tumblr
it glows

t. faglord in denial

What?

Go away Scare Bear

are you guys ready for the dragonborn in qc? gamereactor.eu/news/591343

>Quake Champions is a hero shooter

this is id champions, not beth champions

They already lost their chance at the very beginning when they released private beta. Everyone and their whore mother was playing but no features were actually present and gameplay was poop (still not fixed to this day), so the vast majority of the playerbase (noobs) left.

Learning to play arena FPS again for the first time in a while. I was a big TF2 player; and the sort of elitism among competitive players was that good people played Quake arena/Quake live.

Is it worth dumping my time into champions or will it be D E D as fuck?

It's doa, but you can still have some fun once in a while. Would I recommend to place 2+ hours a day practicing into it? Hell naw.

fuck off blizzshill

no video game is "worth" dumping time into
just play the game and if you think it's fun then keep playing

>he doesn't enjoy playing games competitively and getting better

take that casual shit back to your babby games and civ builders faggot, I play to compete

Blizzard hasn't made a good game since Diablo 2, why would I shill for them. Get fucked donut dunking idnigger.

Years ago he had a few more years to do that and then I was just wondering what the time was he was a good guy but I was just a guy who had been on a level and I thought I had to do that and I didn't realize that he had been.

>it's an Anarki with Lightning Gun episode
how many times have you seen this shit

Blizztards are knowing who Jeff "TIGOLE" Kaplain is on this new patch

You see user, when of defeat self, you may defeat foes. But only after of defeat self.

did you get the lore?

>quake sequel or standalone derivative emulates Quake
>deader than quake

>new quake game comes out balancing accessibility for new players and previous installment depth, complete with F2P cosmetics/skins/hats

>complete and utter marketing failure has ruined early prospects for the game

>game still fun tho

So what can they do to try to salvage the playerbase (assuming they are even worried and this isn't part of their keikaku)

Immediately pull the f2p lever and expediate content updates?

>quake sequel or standalone derivative emulates Quake
Games such as??? All of the games are CPM clones. Not saying a vanilla quake clone would inherently do amazingly but these shitty indie games are already copying the most niche of mods.

netcode/hitbox improvements
mm so scrubs don't get totally shat on
ctf

>Introduce a gamemode where noobs can shine, have fun, and is generally popular (clanarena with really small stacks; starting stacks dependent on hero).
>Fix duel so good players have incentive to actually play/learn instead of being bored out of their minds with this shitfest retard tier mode designed by literal brainless cucks.
>Fix champion balance by tweaking individual champs. Give Anarki bigger hitbox, lower his acceleration, but more hp/armor. Fix Sorlag spit DPS, remove DOT effect, cap her air speed. Give Nyx's ghostwalk global soundcue like Visor, raise cooldown time by 20 seconds.
>Have actual matchmaking that werks.
>Quality of life features like team autobalance in pubs.
>Remove sacrifice.
>Shill a lot.
There you go faggots, fixed your game.

>No matchmaking
>Garbage Netcoding
>No MMR system to match people
>No way to break into duel/practice duel without getting whomped/stepping on your opponent
>Make speed a thing anyone can do by just holding space

I paid $30 for this.

Why did I do that?

>>Make speed a thing anyone can do by just holding space

>Make speed a thing anyone can do by just holding space

at least in quake live you had to practice to move quicker around the map. In QC it's easier than taking candy from a baby

And speaking of babies
>Hit 70, 90 and 65 rocket on one of those fucking lizard cunts
>Deedle him a bit with lightning
>Still not dead, he shits on me and hops off

>Play nyx
>just walk the fuck away from the enemy

Bridge to rail without using a/d or your mouse then.

dont play then

>don't play then
That's what everyone does.
>when ur game has lower player % gain than QL
L E L

Sorlag's on spawn health/armor pool is pretty BS to be honest.

>when you pretend Bethesda launcher doesn't exist
L E L

>he thinks everyone who actually plays QC hasn't bought it already on steam to get rid of bethesda launcher
>he thinks bethesda launcher player population is actually significant enough to make an impact on these garbage numbers
ROFL

Oh I'm sorry, you know the exact numbers?

I guess you put me in my place :^)

Oh I'm sorry, you know the exact numbers?

I guess you put me in my place :^)

Why would you pay for a free game?

Touché

Because for a lot of people time = money, and grinding for champions that you want to experiment with is a waste of time. So it's more efficient to just spend the $30. Also, I heard you can't get the game for free anymore and it's only available to old beta players, and people who bought the pack. No clue if the latter is true though.

>His ability is a shout which knocks back enemies and damages them if they collide with geometry or other enemies
>Shout also sends projectiles flying
>Comboing shout with rl or rail
>Throwing people out of the arena
>Reflecting rockets

It'd be difficult to find a passive that could fit his theme, possibly something along the lines of:
>Every time he picks up a weapon he doesn't already have, he gains 15 points of armor.

When are we getting steam cards etc?
High priority for dem shekels

You can experiment with each champion by renting them with favor, that's not really a grind, it's not a good permanent solution to playing that character but it's good for testing and experimenting.
It will be free when it releases.

>only available to old beta players
You mean pretty much everyone who was interested in the game?

add a THICC champion

B-but Willits invented multiplayer, you liarrrr. It-- I-It's just because he's a busy man doesn't mean he's lying.

unless you're playing for money, the time spent getting good isn't "worth" anything and improving your irl situation is always the best option

checkmate

Game of Crocs

>>he thinks everyone who actually plays QC hasn't bought it already on steam to get rid of bethesda launcher

You might be retarded but not the majority of quake dads who's not waste their money on steam early access.

I don't see whats wrong with either buying the early access steam version, sticking to the bethesda launcher f2p version, or choosing not to play QC in its current unfinished state. As a quake fan its your choice what to do and you're certainly the best judge of your own preferences and how to spend your disposable income.

Lizard practically the only worthwhile pick desu.

nice job hitting that wall

But once you get to play people who can actually land rails, you start to realize that Nyx is the only worthwhile pick.

but once you get to play people who can land rails on nyx just as easily as lizard, you start to realize that Galena is the only worthwhile pick.

anarki is the best pick, at the cost of your dignity

our guy is streaming

loot confirmed to drop on zoot's stream

how the fuck does one hit rails? I seem to get a very inconsistant hit % even though half of my hits are something that would definitely count in QL, it's fuckin stupid, especially when 80% of the server is adadada, I don't feel like I'm improving at all

>matchmaking servers: 18% rail
>custom games: 50% rail
>120 ping matchmaking: 60% rail
>120 ping custom games: 90% rail
really makes you FUCKING THINKDUDE

just play on NA if youre euro
or play on yurop if youre burger
see You get mad lagcomp and the game automatically hits missed rails for you

play against fatties

QUAKE CHAMPIONS /arena/ inhouse in about an hour.
if you wanna join in and frag just reply to this post with your in-game name and be online in an hour

tempest shrine has this medium armor on a pillar that you need to jump to, they put a dent on the side so you get stuck in it for some reason

the map mesh is literally the polygon models

The lack of updates in beta was fine because it was BETA, but now that the game has had a soft release, they need to get their fucking heads out of their asses. It's still missing tons of content. It needs updates regularly now or it's done.

Noob question. How do you visually tell the difference between medium and heavy armour pickup.

It's still a beta you dingus. It's now just a beta you can buy
regardless, I don't think being a beta excuses the lack of content support
Killing Floor 2 was a trainwreck for that very reason

how about lag compensation for hitscan, and server side rockets?

one is a chest plate, the other is a small shield

This is literally covered in the tutorial

>play tf2 again after a couple months of quake
>rockets are piss easy to hit
>damage and explosion radius are huge

>look COMPLETELY FUCKING DIFFERENT
>how can I tell the difference

I can play solly just fine
demoman is suffering
I can't hit anything for shit

No they both look like green blobs when you GOTTA GO FAST

No not really

Clearly you're not going fast enough, or looking straight at the armour instead of other people/surroundings.

so uh
memorize where they are...?