/dg/ - Destiny General

>>NEWSCLANSPREVIOUS THREAD

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gH-wsf2JS34
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BUY MERCILESS

Are hunters actually useful and worthwhile to play?

merciless was my first exotic drop noo xur isnt allowed to make everyone have it reeeee

Raid?

hunters are good at support and raw burst damage

Arcstrider is great at stunlocking bosses/wave clear
Gunslinger is decent at orb generation and still has Nighthawk for burst damage
Nightstalker (don't take quiver) is still a ridiculous orb generating machine and tether boosts everyone's damage
Dodge -> Reload is very good for damage as you can unload with say a full auto shotty or with Merciless and dodge reload to keep up high damage/Merciless speed charge buff.
Dodge -> Melee works well with Arcstrider's top tree for endless Melee.

What are people preferring Titans run in the raid?
Striker or Sentinel?

i love being physicsed into a wall at the speed of sound

>raiding with /dg/
>someone in the party chat says nigger

why is there some random shit clan listed as XB1 extension? Is it because Band of Xbowners couldn't take their collective finger out of their ass for two minutes to make an actual extension?

So how do I get past 275 when all my drops are 268?

Everyone says Dawnblade is useless. Is it FUN though? I don't want to suffer through 10 levels of a boring class.

Get lucky with an exotic/powerful engram drop to carry you over the threshold into 270

yes that is exactly why
the admins from the first one made up some shit about not wanting the second clan to fail so some user made one

>Gunslinger
Great in PvE since Nighthawk fucking wrecks, and even if you don't have it precision hits shit out orbs; on boss fights a Gunslinger can shit out 6 orbs out of nowhere just by hitting the crit spot. Also viable in PvP due to cross-map insta-kill and the throwing knife is always silly to see pulled off correctly.

>Nightstalker
Amazing for PvE since it can immobilize an entire group of baddos, increase the damage output of your entire team, and shit out orbs even better than Gunslinger can. Still pretty good in PvP due to POCKET SAND and the ability to shut down any super.

>Arcstrider
Literally a shittier Stormcaller in every sense. Okay at crowd control, but nothing to write home about.

People think striker is bad? It's at least the best PvP class. Best jump, best grenades, best super for pvp. Aside from stormtrance with landfall, fist of havoc is the only super with an opening attack AND a roaming phase, and unlike landfall the opening pounce on FoH is actually mobile. I mean it's a direct upgrade over vamplock's novabomb; you're a moving target, you've got more velocity, and you can use it repeatedly. The only thing striker is missing is the healing aura.

>implying this isn't true

At least Crucible won't all be MIDA's and Origin Story's for a week... make that a day or two.

>shittier stormcaller
Guessing you have never seen an arcstrider stunlock the boss for a solid ~30 seconds.

We're preffering they run away so we can get another lock or hunter.

Hey, Pcfag here, and been watching a lot of gameplay lately to get ready for my first destiny game in like 40 days or so, and it seems to me like the hitboxes in PVE are pretty liberal. Im seeing a lot of guys shoot auto cannons straight over adds heads and still get the yellow numbers pilling on. Are they going to shrink down the hitbox size for PC, or is hitting crits just going to be piss easy?

XB1 players are all lazy teenage stoners, so "yes".

I saved up my exotic quests for the drought between the 70's and 80's.

there is aim assist on console.

>Taking a lock or hunter over double pulse grenades.
Did dogs with 4 strikers and 2 hunters and they kept killing the dogs early just because of nade damage, they just melted under it.

All warlock classes are fun.
Ones just VASTLY more tanky. Void.
Storm is for support that will go vastly under appreciated.
Blade for most fun though.

the super isn't fun but the class itself is once you get icarus dodge

Hitting crits was piss easy in beta and will continue to be so in release; nobody used weapons that weren't precision focused, i.e. everyone used hand cannons in Crucible and nobody used assault rifles

Better than hammers IMO

who here nightfall aura

uhh on my alt character i had moved the mida mini and multi on there and now i have a marker on the gunsmith for the mida quest to get the kills with mini but i dont actually have the little item. can i still complete it?

>he literally doesn't know.

That was my plan anyway. Thanks for the input.

So guys, what are the best pulse and scout rifles? Which of the two do you prefer?

go buy it from Devrim

We're full.

Need 1 more for calus.

The EDZ scout is good and more importantly fun. Has a silenced firing sound, triple tap, and sugoi aesthetic

holy shit i'm dumb

thought the sturm and drang were a funny way to say storm drain lol

nameless midnight is the best purple scout.

you cant afk in this raid

Listblacked

Its natzee speak for Shucks and Dang, stupid.

Yeah, you can miss people and for it to still register as a clean headshot. Bullet magnetism in Destiny is really strong.

Watch me.

yes

>you can't afk in the raid if no one will carry your ass

Bungie has a serious boner for Germany don't they?

Anyone doing the raid on XB1?

put some respek on my name

Yo, just got the game, never played before, do you need a shader for each peice of armor, or do you like, equip it to just the guardian, or does it like "paint" a peice, like what man? The wiki doesn't say shit.

>raiding with /dg/
>Someone calls me cute
Do not gaypost irl. You are barking up the wrong dick.

2/6 fresh raid

>merciless ornament just turns the blue part white
Tell me again why we can't put shaders on exotics?

Agenda 5 has god teir perks but the base aim assist is weak and the damage falloff harms it a lot. Might feel better on PC. Nightshade is generally considered the best pulse and nergal was popular in the beta. Just make sure you're using a pulse rifle with 385 rpm. All of the slower pulse rifles still take 4 hits to kill in spite of doing more damage, and all of the faster ones have a higher TTK overall.

u have to use real money to equip the shader. pay2win.

Shut-up, you like it.

You can. Exotic gear.

You still looking to do that quest?
I gotta do it too.

because buy plat

>get matched up against campers
>get increasingly annoyed
>try out the fighting lion
>can now kill them on corners
>start doing the salty emote everytime I get a kill
>mfw we won

nah, i dont buy that matie

yoooo

Can you make your way directly to the Gauntlet like you can with the Pleasure Gardens from underneath the Leviathan?

Each shader is a one-time use item that you can use on any gun, armor, ship, or Sparrow, so if you want to paint your entire armor set one shader you'll need five of said shader (helmet, arms, chest, legs, and class item). Like I said, though, they are ONE-TIME-USE, so if you want to paint anything a different color, you will LOSE the shader you initially used for that item and replace it with the one you want.

D1 shaders had their own slot and changed all your armour
D2 shaders have slots on everything and only change the piece it's on

Since the Traveller is awake/alive/whatever again. Will we see a new golden age?

>tfw no failsafe gf

yes

>Fighting lion being used
>Fighting Lion being useful

I call bullshit

webms or it didn't happen, I've stood in healing auras and recovered faster than the gun could damage me

Oh man, thats scary. Are they at least easy to collect in mass? like, how hard is it to find 5 of the same shader?

>raiding with /dg/
>they actually start talking about traps
i thought it was just a meme fuck

they drop in packs of 3 I think
probably depends on the one you want but it's very luck based

Also whats an exotic slot people are talkin about? Am I only allowed to carry one exotic or somethin?

I'll go

Depends on the shader. Some shaders you'll have like 50 copies of at all times, other shaders you'll only have like three of. It isn't that bad, the real kicker is that if you want to have an item in multiple different colors you need to get the item twice, which also means getting your mod twice.

Golden age for space KANGZ when they fuck us up, yea

Depends on the shader. Some are incredibly easy to farm (loot chests on specific worlds will give 3 a pop fairly regularly), while some like the Raid shader are very hard to come by for obvious reasons

We found a way to go directly from the gauntlet to Calus

I think all the areas are connected, you may only have to do the hub sequence once

yes

add

not you

We're already friends senpai

How's the arc soul affect ttk? Are there any pulses that become three-hit killers if you sneak an arc soul shot in there? How much damage does it even do?

We full.
2/6.

You can only equip one Exotic weapon and one Exotic armor piece at any given time

you can make it from the underbelly to calus not sure about anywhere else though i'm wondering if the underbelly is their way of doing checkpoints that they say are in the game

Disrespectful Stare already is a three-shot kill without an Arc Soul; with an Arc Soul adding to it the gun's kind of terrifying

avatar fagging shitter, i bet you're a nigger too

which Auto Rifle is best for PvE/PvP? i'm thinking it's between Scathelocke, Origin Story, Uriel's Gift or Valakadyn

thoughts?

I'm really glad everyone talks about how broken warlock is
I'm really glad everyone just ignores titan and how silly striker is and how sentinel never dies

>tfw spend an hour trying to figure out a gear set-up and shader that you like
>tfw you'll probably have to change everything again once you do the raid
Who else /suffering/

>raid happening
>have to do Life in less than 1 hour

i haven't used a single shader since i started playing

if you get a team intelligent enough to go into the rift it probably doesn't even matter since you can get multiple of those things
>mfw it gets nerfed in pve because of crucible fuckery

Besides the binary phoenix mark, are the any other good ass-capes for titans?

>Sturm und Drang

youtube.com/watch?v=gH-wsf2JS34

The first 3 for pve then the 2nd and third for pvp.

Yes, those are all good. I prefer Scathelocke over the others but they all have merit.

By that you mean have one guy use the Watts Hole to get in the baths and join on him so you don't HAVE to do keys at all?