/divg/

Poison + Fire memes

Last Thread:

How custom is the creation of an Origin? I'd like to grab one for a duo but I'd like a healer to offset my melee dps.

Comfy

>cant finish the arena battle ;_;

How do skills with no damage (such as Necromancer Summons) scale with your stats? I'm wondering if it'd be worth dipping 2 into Necro for the slight heal and Shackles of Pain.

It says at the bottom "High Intelligence improves this skill" but that flavor text is on every necro skill book, whereas the damaging ones specifically say that they scale with Int in the blue text on the skill tooltip.

people keep saying rogues suck nuts
pls tell me it isn't true

can i still be a stealthy vagabond but just change my combat focus from melee to bows and then NOT be trash?

What is up with sneaking and stealing things? I get a successful sneak, the character is not looking at me. Now I grab something from a table, 10 seconds later:

A thief is about, may I search your belongings. Does this ever stop?

>Find red ball
>Go around interacting with doggos
>No one cares
>Later on in a dungeon
>Find kennel for of badogs
>Can toss the red ball to bypass the encounter

Why are doggos always the best?

Why are you hanging around the people that you recently stole? They will check their shit and notice somethings missing and you are the closes person. Obviously you are gonna get searched, then if you have good stats you can talk your way out.

Most of the Rogue skills need a dagger to use.

You could try Huntsman and Scoundrel, only taking the skills like Chloroform that don't need a dagger.

do wands/staff want points into 1h and 2h etc? does it boost skill damage?

You're doing it wrong

>Have one goon talk to the guy
>Switch to other character and steal his shit
>Quickly go sell the shit

Stops people from being able to just steal the best gear tho which is a good thing

>tfw you start over after being 11 hours into a run

>tfw you don't know what to play

rogue is amazing in this game wtf

>npc wants to reward me for my help
>hands me a severed head

are you fucking kidding me, what the hell

i don't like that they removed the cool down reduction from int. it's pretty stupid waiting three fucking turns to use my spells

Is the npc a branch? Those fuckers are into weird shit

pls elaborate

Get more spells ya dingus

Reposting in this thread:

What about talents? When I try to recruit Ifan at level 2 he gets arrow recovery seemingly for free if I tell him to be a ranger as opposed to wayfarer.

So I went with Fane MC with Necromancy/Warfare.
Red Prince got Pyro/Geo.
What to I pick up for Ifan? I kinda want summons, but what is a good secondary mastery to go with that?
4th slot is probably going to be aero/water mage.

just level up a bit and return

they eat people and relive memories and shit. she was giving you the gift of memory, user. isn't that cool? :)

Someone please give me a generic mage build.
I've been starting over and over for an hour now because I can't decide on what school of magic and which spells to start off with.
Please just pick something for me.

>Accidentally killed the black cat
How bad did i fuck up?

The more I play this, the less fun I'm having. Same fucking problem with OS1, there's something really unfun about the way they've balanced combat.

Mixing damage types really does feel like a mistake.

So, I used up the purge wand and now I'm on a boat, how do I get source points now?

So this happened once in the EA. I seemed to have lost the last 6 quicksaves/autosaves. Literally all I have now is the manual save before I left fort joy. Oddly enough I have all the quick and auto saves from the EA. Am I missing something?

Game always makes you feel like you're at a huge disadvantage. Larian fails to realize that the job of the DM is not to kill the players

Make a Pyro
BOOM MOTHERFUCKER

Test

red prince/pyro/spell crit talent and focus in wits/intelligence

Yes, blame your Steam Cloud or your internet connection.

Or both.

Using GOG and google fiber (but I'm not sure how the internet connection makes a difference anyway)

>people keep saying rogues suck nuts
Stop listening to people and start having fun instead.

It boosts standard attack damage. Useful but not critical.

I've yet to see a spell with higher than 3 skill requirement, just get loads of them if you wanna always be casting.

Summoner is mostly standalone but it synergises well with abilities that leave fields, buffs, heals and all summon spells.

There were 2 wands and a helmet you could've gotten, but it's ok you're not gonna need it til you hit land. At that point you'll probably get most of your source from pools.

If I want to play a melee wielding a fuck huge hammer, I should be speccing into Warfare, right?

>pick up a random item because lol why not
>"It might be worth some nice amount of gold"
>random item I picked up gives me free exp/helps me bypass doing a quest the difficult way/resolves a quest line in a nice, complete way.
Now I'm paranoid of selling things, and have a desire to pick up anything I find.

Anyone know how lucky charm works? Wondering if I can have it affect my loot on a character that I'm not controling. Meaning it's on character 2 and I open crates with character 1.

This is the problem, in their effort to make the game feel challenging they've taken away all the fun, cool abilities and nerfed source magic to a point where it's literally pointless to use it.
I remember when source magic used to be insanely powerful and the cost was that getting source points was hard. But now getting points is still a pain and the spells aren't even worth it

Also I still see the save in My Documents. I just can't view it ingame.

>synergises well with abilities that leave fields, buffs, heals and all summon spells
Which are? Other magic schools?

I had a moment like that when I discovered a particular npc wanted the leg of a dead person that I had Fane carrying as a snack for later.

Yep

Pretty sure that works

If you want to be making the max mele damage by simple swings that you can, than the answer is yes.

Mine walked into a poison field and I was standing next to it completely helpless.

One was a purging wand and the other was a "drained wand" also where do I find all the cool spells like planar gateway

Okay. I'm planning to go Metamorph. I'm excited.

Yes. Totems/Incarnates get one ability/resists from the field they're spawned in, and there's a spell that mirrors heals and I think buffs on your summon(s) onto you, and the summoner skill itself scales all summoned pets.

>run into the elf companion
>presses knife at my throat
>oi back off, the fuck is this
>im allowed to defend myself
>COMBAT TO THE DEATH
>she actually is dead
>cant even inform the lizard about some now dead elf that was stalking him

>Save is incompatible
>literally played 6 hours ago
>lost 10 hours of gameplay setting me back to the first 2 hours
Why

Cebille is literally the worst written character in RPG history.

I want to know the age of the person who wrote her.

I want a party of all sexy lizard men. How do I accomplish this? I recruited the red prince, how do I recruit sleepy lizzer

>manual doesn't list attribute, skills or pretty much anything useful
Why?

You didn't hit up king dickass's vault, which has another purging wand and his cursed helmet. You start getting more source spells on the mainland.

>tfw restarted 3 times already
Making a character I want to stick with is hard.

What is a good Damage Dealer class without being a Glass cannon. I care a lot about how my characters look and I kinda feel like playing a Lady Lizard with 2 swords, shield and sword or a spear, but I don't want to my character to die in a few hits.
I would also be willing to make her a tank, if tanks have decent crowd control abilities.

I was inside a room with gold and soul jars, how the fuck was that not his vault? It did have two wands, one purging, one drained and no helmet but the cursed chest piece of the tyrant, I tried blessing it to remove the curse but it came back. Bless is garbage

>So this is the Kniles fight
>He casts a spell that makes all healing damage your party.
>Annnd he has a rogue kit so he can one shot a party member when his cool downs are up
>And he's surrouded by seven goons all with magic shields
>And the melee attacks on those goons hit like a truck and silence you
>Annnnd those goons melee attack silence you
>Annnnnnnd those goons have an aoe silence
>Annnnnnnnnnnnd those goons will casually heal the boss
>Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd they will shoot ice blasts at you
>Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd there are 4 more caged goons that will join the fight half way through
>Oh and if you rez a dead party member, they will kill him instantly

WHY THE FUCK IS THIS IS IN THE TUTORIAL LEVEL OF FUCKING NORMAL MODE

Whats good secondary focus with summoning as main on a char?

>Fighting for the ship we literally just claimed
>Getting hammered by Dallis and her army of fuckboys
>Spend half of my resurrection scrolls reviving my party
>Half of it still manages to die in the final turn
>Everyone gets revived lol

GODS

Unless you deliberately choose abilities that don't deal damage or synergise and no damage stats it's kinda hard not to make a build that shits damage. What kind of damage do you want to shit? Kinda sounds like you want Warfare but being a caster doesn't stop you from stabbing fools as well.

Ah, my mistake I remembered the item locations wrong. The helmet is under the ruined castle and I believe the Magisters have the other wand but I can't recall exactly where.

Necromancy seems like a bad school for casters, seems more like a melee type of thing.
I can't decide whether to go pyro/geo, pyro/aero, or aero/geo on my custom skelly.
Advice?

Also, is there a difference between poison+fire and oil+fire?

What a strong looking lad

Basically any other spell type

What's a better school hen Aero or water?
I guess I'll give up on one of them and have the 4th guy be poly/scoundrel or something

I got a boner from that pic

Necro is a weirdly diverse school, you're right in that it's probably best for melee hybrids but dem heals doe.

>Also, is there a difference between poison+fire and oil+fire? Poison poisons them before you explode them, oil slows them instead. Much like blood vs. water + electricity the difference is minor.

I kinda want to know if there is a DPS Class that isn't a Glasscannon, preferably melee. I am not sure what the difference is between knight and fighter.

Wasn't that hard for me, brought him to 20% in the opening round and he instantly switched places with one of the caster, I teleported him back and killed him on the next turn, he didn't get to do shit but run,
I had a 4man party 2melee 1 summoner 1ranger all level 4

how many talents do you get access to?

How do I get rid of the curse, bless isn't working! Also, where do I find the good spells like ethereal storm or planar gateway.

He doesn't necessarily *have* to be a double caster since you already have access to fire/poison/oil/blood fields plus the random field from dimensional bolt but hydro does give 2 fields, heals, and at least one buff and summon.

This whole armour system is genuinely fucked for mixed parties. What the fuck they were thinking with it.
For someone who wanted to roll a classic party it's really discouraging on higher difficulties as you will be forced to go through two defences at once.

Yeah necromancy works well with a staff melee dude. Combine it with Geo poison cloud and you got yourself an unkillable dwarf skelly.

For the real spell schools, the obvious pyro+geo (oil and fire) or aero+hydro (water and lightning) work together the best.
But honestly, putting half your stats into memory with the Mnemonic feat, and taking ALL the spell schools works just as well.

>carry a bunch of random corpses around
>grab the crazy elf chick
>feed her all that junk
>suddenly she learns a marksman skill

is that fixed to the corpse or random?

New friend here first time playing a Divinity game.

Should I make a custom character or go with a Origin?

Do I lose much if I go custom?

This
What did she expect? For me to just sit there and go "well it's ok , because you used to be a slave XD, feel sorry for me and excuse my literal autism"

>Mnemonic
this one seems to be an awful noob trap as it merely saves you 3 stats, literally anything else is a better feat

On the armor? I'm not sure, bless only temporarily solves the problem. The helmet can be uncursed, though it's more useful cursed sadly.

Specific bits give specific skills. I've been cramming every limb I find down her bitchy face and she's learned 3 skills so far.

I like running 2 mages 2 physical characters so he's gotta be the 2nd mage.
I was actually leaning toward hydro myself too. Thanks.

Named bodyparts ("Someone's head"). Ones like the murder victim's bodypart from the ship, the head you get from the bullied elf, and so on.

is pyro geo good or just a meme

is pyro aero bad combo?

Where is the key to get out of the dungeon?
I checked the bodies of all the guards I killed in the room with the tortured guy, but none of them had one.

Do you think warfare/necro/pyro/geo would be too spread out?

>fire and oil/poison
I don't know user

Pyro/geo blows everything up.
There's no reason to go pyro/hydro since you can't combo with it, unless you just want some pocket healing +buffs.

Battlemage is genuine trash because you have to go through magical and physical armor to do damage, what the actual fuck

Pyro and geo go together like aero and water go together.

If you want max synergy, you wanna do one of those two combos.

Geo/poison explodes with fire and aero electrocutes water.

If you go fire/aero, you got damage but cant pull off CC as well

Cleared act 1 with a friend on tactician blind. Granted, we died a few times but it wasn't dick-crushing masochist tier hard. There's classic and explorer so I don't get the complaints about Larian making things unfair and nerfing players too much.

Are spears good for wizards?

Oddly enough this is one of the fights I found to be easier than when I played in the alpha
I'm not sure if they changed it or if it's because all structures and enemies have more health on tactician mode, but the golems needed 3 or 4 rounds to break out of the cages where as they only needed 2 in the alpha [on classic]
I focus fired Kniles and killed him in the first round which gave me plenty of time to kill the monks

There's a difference between unfair and tedious. Tactician mode feels like the latter.

They don't scale off INT so no.

what is best spells that can do well alone? I want a summoner main with secondary magic

Eh, you're giving up pure power for flexibility but that's not a terrible thing, especially if you're running with a small party/solo.

Is your wizard stacking finesse?

I googled this, the Houndmaster was supposed to have a key?

He didn't have a key for me, am I fucked?