/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 15th of September:
994 – Major Fatimid victory over the Byzantine Empire at the Battle of the Orontes.
1440 – Gilles de Rais, one of the earliest known serial killers, is taken into custody upon an accusation brought against him by Jean de Malestroit, Bishop of Nantes.
1794 – French Revolutionary Wars: Arthur Wellesley (later Duke of Wellington) sees his first combat at the Battle of Boxtel during the Flanders Campaign.
1873 – Franco-Prussian War: The last German troops leave France upon completion of payment of indemnity.
1935 – The Nuremberg Laws deprive German Jews of citizenship.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

>News
CK2 DD 11/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1043472
EU4 DD 12/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1043646

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes v0.1
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.8.4 - 05/09/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LxocGGk6DFc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=688490819
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hey, you Grandi FUCK. You broke genocide more than TWO FUCKING WEEKS ago. When the fuck are you going to put your lefty/pol/ tumblr BULLSHIT aside and finally fix what you broke!? Heh, I get that genocide "offends" you, but this is your final straw. Unless you right your wrong, give back what was taken from me, and allow me to resurrect my rightful destiny as suzerain of genocide then I shall personally install bombermod, concert of Europe, HFM, or whatever meme mod is necessary to realise my /pol/ fantasy with or without you. This shall trigger the horde of /gsg/ to migrate from your pathetic kike propaganda mod and your days as a modder, personality, and even grand strategist shall be gone forever.

You have 24 hours.

reminder to report and ignore shitposting

>finally invade and occupy the UK
>prepare to invade the US next
>look at their army
>500+ divisions
>there's also a huge ocean separate us
This gonna be a loooong war

reminder to report and ignore shitposting

what game who as

because they're lucky enough to not have any

how do i get gommunist rebels?

When will yung yohan (pbuh) return?

It's der fuhrer 4 baby.

back you go

>This shall trigger the horde of /gsg/ to migrate from your pathetic kike propaganda mod and your days as a modder, personality, and even grand strategist shall be gone forever.
You mean you, not /gsg/.You are the only one that's autistic enough to care about genocide that much, the community doesn't.

umm sweaty i was being ironic
The fact you fail to recognise such obvious shitposting is astounding.

You can never be too sure with gee junk

Even I'm not that delusional, me lad.

Are there no grand strategy games or mods that go over the French Revolutionary wars? EU games don't seem to cover it well.

MotE
you could also try Napoleons Legacy, it's pretty fun(i'm learning french btw, so it's even better)

Adding on to what said, there's a 1792 mod for MotE, which sounds lik4 what you're looking for.
I'm learning French, btw, so I'd recommend it.

Just play Sengoku instead. Tokorode, I'm learning Japanese.

Try Victoria 2, I'm learning British and that i'nnit.

Its very short timespan and gsg was never good with tactics when all you use are muskets and arty.
If you want to play it you got Total War or Cossacks. Cossacs are old but damn music is sweet.

youtube.com/watch?v=LxocGGk6DFc

JUST

>gsg was never good
truer words were never spoken

HOI3 is a pretty solid game. Raus, I'm learning German.

Darkest hour is good. Also learning German,

play hoi4 xD i learn autist

Play CK2, I'm learning casual.

>tfw literally worse than africans
Fucking enrique i swear to god

holy fuck victoria is so fucking old and shit.
i was defending a mountain with a level 3 defence general and i sent some reinforcements... bad luck! one of the reinforcing generals had level 4 attack!
so the epic victoria engine decides that level4>level3, automatically changes the generals and i get stackwiped!

pretty epic huh?

Sounds like the sort of thing that could plausibly happen when you have multiple military leaders fighting over who outranks who. I'm in favour of anything that makes warfare more than a simple matter of mathematics. Should have had more contingency planning.

>catalonia is infer-

Or you could pay attention to that shit and not let it happen. If you're reinforcing with a general who has undesireable traits, just detach him with the least helpful unit in his stack so you don't pay the prestige penalty.

Taipei or formosa, anons?

neat

>contingency planning
ah yes. removing the generals of every single reinforcing army exactly one tick before the battle begins... the power of grand strategy™

I meant Taiping.

>removing the generals of every single reinforcing army exactly one tick before the battle begins
Hey, worked for Hitler

白人

見ろ

>playing vic2

groBcanadiums on the way

Will I get enough soldiers to beat him? I'm the King of Brittany and have ~6K to his 29k

earn some more gold then hire mercenaries too as from what i know "adventures flocking to your banner" are sometimes not enough.

history doesn't matter, it doesn't even exist anymore

>Gain a fuckton of soldiers
>Can't invade West Francia
Do I get everything I occupy?
Is it even feasible to occupy all of his land before my guy dies of old age?

I get to choose between the 4 shown, Sardinia, Sicily or Upper Lorraine

De facto map

Bonus meme: these auto-generated commanders' names

>Chicagoland
>revolts

10/10 for realism

HPM, are you here? I've got a suggestion based off an idea from last thread.

I think algex left for a while after the genocide debacle.

Yes.

i saw that

>War has been going for 3½ years
>Christian losses nearly 80k
>My losses from combat less than 10k
>Have hardly begun besieging yet

The General, Robert princenten Vacility III looked solumnly out to his field; It had been a poor harvest; the budget was in tatters and Sir Michael Rentintel hadn't delivered on his supposed promise to reimburse good fortunes like for like, under his "grow for prosperity scheme". Regretting signing up for the Agro-syndicalist union as advised by his good friend Ryan Harlequester. He looked longingly at his belt, carrying his trusy Smith and Western revolver, perhaps if the crops didn't come through, as Alexander Shaunecy esquire predicted he would have to take the ultimate step and allow his wife to collect his life insurance; if Schlomo Sherzenburgoldblatt would indeed come good on his word, as Chayim von Burgenschlatz had refused to, following the sad parting of his dear friend Colonel Adam S. Hite. A funeral he now lamented he had to pay for, with no help from John Townfield, despite multiple promises from Christopher Ribbentrop.

Indeed it was so, he was just about to say his final goodbye; looking on his mantle at the picture of Andy Ramsbottom, son of Douglas Ramsbottom IV when he was alerted by his faithful maid, Amelia Julentrotter that a visitor had requested his company. "Tarnation, who disturbs me at this hour? A rum garroting for the insolent delinquen-"; His rambling cut short by the appearance of his old friend, William t. Wagling II. "My dear sir, lest you learn to control your ill temper there shall be no merryment to our encounter, shall there?" he piped up, "Willy, I haven't had you come in MANY a blue moon." he said smirking as if he had seen his childhood sweatheart. "Come, sit, sit!", but the sternfaced Willy was not to be so familiar. "I requested your presence to meet with Jonathan Beckingbrooke last summer!" Aah, but of course, how could he forget? That was the day he had to meet with Arnold Langbarrow, an occassion not to be missed. "For this, you shall die." and Willy pulled his flintlock; spraying the colonel diligently.

???

Just copy genocide modifiers from previous versions and replace the fixes until its fixed.

People like to roleplay. Give the option to have genocide as it was or have none at all. Its historical too.

>actual autism

>ts historical too.
Name a single incidence of systematic extermination in the timeline, as the mod does it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide

I finally upgraded my pc so I can play CK2 again for the first time since 2012. What are the must have mods these days? Alternatively, are some of the other new paradox games like EU4 worth a play?

Had to end the war; They resupplied their levies faster than I could siege, and adventurers don't resupply

My initial plan was just to make a strong Norse-Gaelic Kingdom, become Christian and join the empire, but now I'm considering going full memelord and staying Norse

wat do

>by a republic
HPM doesn't let you gas as a republic. Sorry, you lose.

what the fuck i felt a gud aar and all i got was autism

>pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k
>Russian empire circassians
>war of paraguay 1864 - 1870
> Should happen during boer war
> Germany in namibia
> Afghanistan invasion of kaffiristan
> Spainish american war
>First cuban war
>Moro's in phillipines during american occupation
>Greek-turk war
>Libya during italian occupation

Oh come on, don't use my name. Especially on this.

Just meming you, laddo, calm down.

highly profitable trade company

I know you are, but there are enough people here who don't know my tripcode to differentiate that from the real me.

>anime
Cancer
what mod?

PRAISE THE (ETERNAL) SUN!

I wanted to do this by 1500, but I had to deal with an 0/2/1 ruler, a bunch of negative RNG events and a regency council.

Now I'm just sitting around waiting to get feudalism because I need 1100 points for each tech upgrade. Gonna probably mothball everything and put my army on min to get out of debt too before Europe comes to rape me.

Lad, for fucks sake, it was a fucking joke. If the name "William t. Wagling" doesn't give it away then they're not the sort of people whose opinions you should care about anyway.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=688490819
:^)

where the white devil at

can someone make a hoi mod that removes florida

>not choosing maya to get dat colonist
boi

WE WUZ AZTECS AND MIEEEERDA

So I'm playing CK2, trying to form the Russian Empire as swiftly as possible starting in the viking age as Holmgardr. I'm able to create the kingdom of Rus pretty quickly, but since gavelkind is a bitch I don't want to conquer too much land until I'm feudal. Planning on converting to orthodoxy as soon as a missonary arrives, but I've run into a cash problem.

My leader is no longer norse, and I can't go on boat raids. My income is like 1.27 and I don't have enough to fund any wars. How can I deal with neighbors who have enough prestige to drop 7500-man armies on my head?

>Venice just lost to a bunch of uncivilized subhumans
LMAO

I don't know. I see a TI blocked light green spot in southern Arizona, it might be Poortugal

Why the fuck does this require experimental psychology? Surely, if he wanted it to represent the racial science then it should be Darwinism instead?

hpm your mod seriously needs more "event reaction" events. persia still doesn't get any notification about kurdistan and there is dumb stuff like france claiming savoy without italy getting any event about it.

>do NOT have republic
pretty epic. as if republics weren't boring enough

South Africa, perhaps the only country where I actively try to let revolts win

white men

white men

Best mod for playing as the Roman Empire directly lads?

EU4, extended timeline
Should be fine as long as you're prepared to deal with 10+ tribes who are hard coded to attack you around 400, and wich automatically take over a province 1-2 months after holding it

WTSMS

Anything good for ck2?

Not as far as im aware

What is this new patch of ck2 about?

thank

"china", a new interface

Just play Ottomans in EU4.

Rate my Great War and outcome.

Also should I cheat and become the Soviet Union?

PREUSSEN LIBERALES

Do I keep gsg and taxes in a seperate folder, or do I replace the native meiou files

When's the next m&t update