/divg/ Divinity Original Sin General

Divinity: Original Sin 2 thread.

Cry your lungs out at today's subject.
>We dont want RNG
>Heres the new Armour System that provides another layer of tactical planning so you don't have to rely on random % to course through combat and you cannot easily cheese monsters by spamming CC one after another

>HELP, I CANT CHEESE THESE FIGHTS ANYMORE, I CANNOT JUST BLOW MY CC AT THE ENEMY AND THEY ARE ACTUALLY FIGHTING BACK, I DONT WANT THIS. BRING BACK RNG PLEASE I WANT TO SAVESCUM PAST 5% TO HIT STATUS EFFECTS.

Past thread

>remove crowd control when it's actually needed
>don't add anything in return
>drones are actually defending this
Brb waiting for mods.

>Just wanna play
>Keep trying to theorycraft

FUCK

>Fane
>Anicent demi lich who was an outcast even in undead society
>HAS THE VOICE OF A FUCKING 14 year old Britbong
>No option to mute player character

Why so passive-aggressive OP? Just plain intentional misunderstanding, no one here cares about your hurt personal feelings.

You really, really, REALLY don't understand the words coming out of your mouth. I'd suggest you look up what a lich is first.

>release day
>be hyped as fuck
>start a warrior with pic related skills
>cant wait just to charge into the frey and cc everything for my teammates
>Resisted by the physical armour
>try again
>realise you have to destroy the armour to use any form of CC
>your epic warrior becomes an auto attack bot because all of your abilities are CC
>die inside
>havent touched the game since

>Armor/resistances system
>*Action*
>Friday immediately after release patch the game to break co-op so you can't continue your game over the weekend
>If you aren't playing a wizard you're doing it wrong
On the one hand, crushing disappointment. On the other, at least I don't have to play the game because they broke it.

>direct connect is dead
>can't play with friend on steam
IT'S FRIDAY LARIANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

I'm actually happy i decided to pirate this shit because after witnessing the retarded resistance system i don't want to have this garbage in my steam account.
Larian was always awful with balancing but how they managed to worm something as retarded as this past early access is beyond me.

Am I just shit at games now or is this sort of fucked

Anyone else getting semi-frequent CTDs? Wondering if it's my hardware or just the game. Haven't had any other game crash on me this frequently.

so you basic attack or two and probably get some AoO in there and then use your CC skills. whats the problem?

>>Anicent demi lich

...what?

>This game had an overwhelmingly positive review during early access
Did nobody notice the fucked up armor system?

Game forces you to change your strategy up form the CC spam in the first game. Send your rogue in, scout out a good place to fight. Have your front liners body block, have your ranged damage find a tower to climb and make damn sure at least one person in your party has a teleport.

It's not their fault, this shit was in early access for MONTHS and the testers did NOTHING to prevent this so obviously Larian thought it's what the players want

What fucking skill crafting is their? Literally the only one people mention is blood rain. What else can I do?

>can't fucking decide on a party
shit fuck damnit
How about like
>MC wizard summoner/aero/pyro with sprinkles of poly and hydro for all kinds of elemental shenanigans while incarnates run all over the place
>red lizard two hander warfare with maybe pyro or some shit for haste and dealing heavy physical damage
>fane necro/warfare/geo tank for big buffs, big poison pools, and blood everywhere
>lohse wayfarer huntsman/hydro for some support and reducing physical armor at range
I feel like I'm missing something. Scoundrel, maybe, but I don't care enough.
Fug.

Pisses me off so much. He has the coolest story in the game, and they ruin it with the first voice acting in the game.

I found one for 'bleeding fire' which requires 2 points in pyro and metamorph. Makes it so your attacks cause enemies to bleed fire. Kinda like when you attack undead and they spill posion everywhere

So when I go to use an ability, what's with the field of green + markers on the edge of the range?

Wont Red Lizard get caught up in your poison?

because I have amazing abilities and I want to use them but I can't, not until the armour is broken and once their armour is down the fight is almost over because it's time to bomb them with all the CC you've been holding off

what skills for a spear user?

Anyone have a lucky charm proc yet? Wonderinf if you hear a sound or a symbol pops up. Want to test/know if it works opening chest with one character while another one has lucky charm skilled.

What's wrong with it exactly? I think it's a nice change of pace from the first game. In the first game if you had decent CCs you could lock enemies down for the entire fight even on the hardest difficulty. It required no strategy whatsoever.

This game forces you to play smart. CCs are still good they just require a little setup now.

All they needed to do was to make characters receive a gimped version of each CC when they are under the effects of Magical Armour

>About to stun something? but they have a Shield?
Instead of flat out getting stunned they get Staggered which reduces their Ap and Movement by some moderate values.

>Throw an Icebolt and they have a magic shield?
They instead get chilled, which slows them down a bit.

>Fire but they have a Magic Shield?
They instead get some minor burning which does only a third of burning damage but not completely negates it.

>Poisoning someone? but fucking SHIELDS
They instead of getting poisoned get Weakened by 1 turn.

Its just so the Shields dont provide COMPLETE IMMUNITY which is fucking retarded, as they make dudes with gigantic armor a fucking pain in the ass to deal with, they become death incarnate plowing through CC and fucking you in the face.

Laurian listed to the wrong people
they even removed the cursed pools the frogs use to leave because people cried

>Early access autists allowed these garbage armor mechanics to get through
As if i needed any more reason to hate people who pay for early access.

nigger I just want to use my flashy abilities, it's not about difficulty or tactics

Probably. Unless I position them well enough so that doesn't happen, or restore his armor before he gets close. Might skip geo and have Fane just heal off of blood and necro instead. My other concern would be whether Fane would get caught in Red Lizard's fire.

Then just play on easy?

So I tried to minmax with abilites and schools and all that but that didnt work. I was missing money anyway. Now I just went full damage on every character and tactician is a breeze. Auto Attack only, don't even know what I need abilites for. I'm serious, I don't know, spells do the same or less damage than weapon attacks
Is this right? Seems to me that going damage + Shield regenerating abilites is the way to go on everything.

this sounds AMAZING, I wish someone would make a mod like this

play on classic at least instead of explorer, if you want using your skills to matter. play the game and get some other skills to do damage/wear down armor to compliment your CC.

Yeah thats my issue, I'm trying to figure out how to have two melee without having them getting eachother killed

>nice change of pace
It's not a nice fucking change of pace, it's literally an artificial padding which prolongs encounters and forces you into a dps race when they begin.
There's nothing wrong with locking enemies out with crowd control, especially when they vastly outnumber you, current system is just boring, primitive and forces you to ignore the funnies thing series is known for.

>Finally get taunt
>Blocked by physical armor
Im done fuck this game.

You can mute the player character.
Unless you mean specifically the player character.

I keep all voices off except the overworld voices for ambience mostly.

Also to add. enemies tend to focus my characters that have less armor and do most dps. So trying to build a tank is complete nonsense, no one will attack him and taunt won't work til everyones dead anyway. This seems so weird. To be fair though, I just left the fort, nowhere near finishing anything.

>walking around in fort joy
>silently some archer standing on guard pulls out his bow
>fires a single arrow into the black cat, killing it instantly
>puts the bow away and stands there like he did nothing
what the fuck?

How in the hell do you kill Shriekers early on?

I'm at a loss for what to do about this anons.

I finished DOS1 on tactician and I had a blast but I just can't go through DOS2 on tactician and it's NOT because it's hard but because it's a fucking unfun slog.

>Pirate the game
>REEEEEE about no multiplayer

where's aerothurge vendor in fort joy?

Cheese them out.

You can literally beat anything but the most overleveled monsters by cheesing them with elevation, stealth, ranged characters and pots, lots of pots.

what baffles me more that there are people in this very thread that defend this shitty system

>waaahhh I can't play the game like an MMO with my dedicated tank + healer + crowd control strats

Like every early access game, and feedback or criticism is just drowned with "ITS FUCKING EARLY ACCESS THEYLL FIX IT STOP COMPLAINING"

Thats cool. How do you craft it?

>You can literally beat anything but the most overleveled monsters by cheesing them with elevation, stealth, ranged characters and pots, lots of pots.

hm.. so this is.. the famous... "best combat ever in rpgs" that I've heard so much about on /v/

How do I progress in the arena quest after the initial fight?

I've seen nothing that suggests its a bad system, only a different system. People are buttmad because they can't stunlock enemies through entire fights anymore and instead of adapting to the new system they cry that its shit.

>B-but I'm doing just fine I just dont think its fun is all!

Sure pal

You can cheese everything in most videogames.

I don't play enough of these autism simulators to be able to tell that its a problem to begin with.
I've been playing on Classic and have been having quite a lot of fun so far.

I just want it to have the same system as DOS1 so I can enjoy it just as I enjoyed the tactician mode in the first game.

But how? How the hell is armor such a big issue for you that it somehow makes the game unfun? I'm playing on Tactician and it takes so little for it to go down.
If anything, I hope enemies start becoming better at recovering armor.

A system that I can control is far more interesting than just hoping status effects land or praying that I get my turn before the enemy does.

Here's your (You)

What does Taunt have to do with stunlocking?

>a skill designed to draw aggro away from squishy party members does literally nothing when it's needed
>this is somehow okay for drones

I've spent 3 hours on the character creation screen, I can't decide what to play incase I fuck up somehow or if an origin character is more fun since I know I won't be interested in a second playthrough.

I should probably just uninstall it.

Same. I've been playing on classic because I want to save tactician mode for when I'm better at the mechanics, but I haven't had much trouble adapting from the first game.

Warfare is stupid good at breaking physical armor. Upgrade your shield asap because throw shield scales with shield armor and does a ton of phys armor damage on multiple targets. A little help from the ranger and I can still taunt multiple targets no problem.

>Hur dur cant taunt cant play the game1!1!!!!

literally git gud and try something other than your brain dead wow tactics

How is the arena mode? Can you use customs against the AI? I liked Div combat, but I dont have time tonplay story a lot of the time. I just want to drop in and fight some mobs.

PURGE nigga

This isn't an MMO where you make all the enemies attack you and only you. The game expects each character to be able to deal with a little pressure. This is specifically why most encounters have different areas with different advantages. Hell the AI will take a big ass round about way of getting to you if you set up your ground fire right.

Taunting is intended for the heavy hitters who can one shot your people and for the non shield having enemies like the void worms who will just zerg the fuck out of you but do little damage

Every single spell school has a method of dealing with pressure. Instead of blaming the game for your failure to adapt you should identify why you died and work around it

Scoundrel/Warfare or Scoundrel/Poly?

>shit eaters are actually defending mechanic locking you out of all crowd control until fight is effectively over and penalizes mixed parties

warfare/poly is where you want to be

What's the difference between warrior/fighter/metamorph?

I don't have purge my nigga, and I went double mage instead of tank,mage,thief & archer and fucked myself out of a reliable ranged solution.

Fuck me.

Bows or crossbows?

Do I get any special interactions with the undead origin guy if I also play undead?

Ah, the "git gud" spewers still don't realize that it's not about the difficulty but ability to use the tools given to you.
Jog on, wanker.

How much better is this than the first one?

g-git gud!

Is it even worth taking a healer if half my party is undead?

I quite like scoundrel + poly as well. Tentacle lash is the only poly skill I have found that scales with strength. The others are all self buffs.

Having my rogue be insanely mobile with wings + scoundrel teleport + backlash is very nice.

I want to do a female lizard fighter. Not sexually.
I kind of want to go with spears as well though.

Since it sounds like Warfare can in fact scale with whatever the fuck you're using, will this work out?
If so, should I pick up any kind of magic or other skill as well?

>I've seen nothing that suggests its a bad system

Dude listen
You have all these cool skills.
Doode just listen.
Then there are this hilarious environmental effects!
Dude dude just listen!
And a TON of various status effects!
And check this out dude.
You can't use them because of armor, instead you just smack enemies around!

10/10 game design.

Way worse from what i've seen.

All origins and races have special interaction

>Walk up to Lizard trader as OC lizard
>He asks me what house I belong to
>If I choose the same house he's from, he gives me a discount in his shop

>Walk up to same lizard as Red Prince
>Tells me to fuck off and die in a fire

Well done on ignoring the point I actually made you spastic.
An ability as vital as taunt shouldn't be so easily disposal to use off the get go. It would make the game way too fucking easy.

The immunity mechanic is not the problem. The problem is that right now everything has way too much armor, as in more than twice a reasonable amount.

>An ability as vital as taunt shouldn't be so easily disposal to use off the get go.
Instead it should be locked until the fight is pretty much over, i got you.
How are you still not dead from being this boring is beyond me.

How to hover over buffs on enemies? I can only check what they do when I have them on myself

dude listen you have all these cool skills
dude just listen
half of them break armor quickly
just break armor and then use the other half
wow that was hard

10/10 game design for real though, much more interesting than 1

Where are the Aero and Huntsman merchants in Fort Joy?

Is cleric goo? Do they get better?

Better go grab them purge wands or the helmet under the ruined castle if you have Bless

So can someone gimme some tips on going Fane necromancer? I wanna spread blood and poison for max memes. Is such a thing possible.

Also should I shove all my points for elf bitch into thievery? Because even my finger cant open everything.

Is metamorph a fun class to play? I want to be a bad ass with a 2H so its metamorph or warrior

Nigga what? I'm already stripping armor in one turn. How much armor do you want them to have? 1 hit's worth?

>fight pretty much over

How have you made it this far being so fucking inept?

Simply removing the armour hardly means the fight is 'almost over'.
Almost convinced you havent even played the game.

List skills that break armor quickly.
If your list is shorter than half of all the skills in the game admit you are stupid.

Leech worth grabbing as a necro?

So I just beat Alexandar and I'm on the ship but I can't find Lohse. Where is she?

>Beat the areana fight
>Girl takes my collar off
>All the guards want to stomp my dick in

Goddamn can I at least put it on fakely so guards dont hate me?

You and me both, I'm thinking of just rolling dice to decide what I play.