/drg/ Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread 189355053
Robotto Guro Edition!

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 9/15/2017*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - In-depth gameplay mechanics and information

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc/Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair:
store.steampowered.com/bundle/361/Danganronpa_1__2/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-1•2-reload/cid=UP1063-CUSA06808_00-DANGANRONPARLDUS
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-trigger-happy-havoc/cid=UP1063-PCSE00261_00-DANGANRONPA1NA01
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-2-goodbye-despair/cid=UP1063-PCSE00399_00-DANGANRONPA2NA01

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls:
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-another-episode-ultra-despair-girls/cid=UP1063-CUSA07293_00-ZETTAIZETUBOUPS4
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-another-episode-ultra-despair-girls/cid=UP1063-PCSE00692_00-DESPAIRGIRLSNA01

>Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony for PS4, PS Vita, and Steam on September 26th (N. America), and September 29th (Europe)
store.steampowered.com/app/567640/Danganronpa_V3_Killing_Harmony/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-v3-killing-harmony/cid=UP1063-CUSA08537_00-DANGANV3PS400000

>Danganronpa Interviews and Articles
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Q3O-fIR81I
youtube.com/watch?v=ZoxLKK1G5-k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Best giri.

Anybody that thinks oldbag is the worst girl has awful taste

I want to be Ouma's dumb dog!

I love Ishimaru!

Mitty!

I want to fuck Kaito!

apollo best boy

junko big sadness

good girl, i wonder if we will reach 1000 posts

I agree. Especially since Athena exists.

Posting best girl!

This is correct

I wuv Izuru!

She's like olives. An acquired taste - a mark of patriciandom.

Man, now I wanna write a fanfic with Ishimaru and Nick. Something about Ishimaru being his protege.

>The creators said they wanted her and Courtney back
>Mikagami in a new game and in glorious 3D
AW YES, I WILL GET TO SEE MY AAI2 WAIFU IN 3D WITH HER BUST AND HER GAVEL

>picture
oumawithaboner.jpg

MUH DICKSSU

t. Tulpaman

Shinguji

Gyaru is life!
Even at a young age, fashion is important!

Angie and her beloved Saihara before I actually fall asleep!
Also I know barely anything about AA, I played the second and third games like a gazillion years ago and I hated the amnesia case in the third game.
Nahyuta looks like a fun guy.

I always thought Ishimaru was like Mike Meekins.

>The creators said they wanted her and Courtney back
I'd trust them as far as I could throw them, quite frankly

Oldbag haters is a meme

Honestly Ishimaru and Phoenix would be a much better dynamic than Naegi and Phoenix

If I had a nickel for every time I fapped to Courtney I'd be rich. Can't wait to see her again.

A warm boy

shit taste, kaitofag

It helps that Phoenix's grandfather looks a bit like Ishimaru.

Pretty sure the amnesia case is the first one in the second game.

You should replay them sometime, considering you like DR and Persona.

and then they fuck

i want amami to step on my cock

Why don't they want to bring back Gumshoe? Do nips not like him or something?

The amnesia case was in the second game, user...

Mike Meekins is more eccentric and forgetful. Ishimaru is more of a team leader, which Meekins isn't. But yeah both are relative comic relief characters.

Yeah. Both have a craving for truth and honesty. Well Ishimaru more than Phoenix but still.

But wait, if she appears, she'd be behind a judge bench so half of her body would be covered, shiiiiiit. She better appear outside of court too then. Maybe investigate and shit.

God same.

Gumshoe is saving up his money.

Again, since this will be higher in the thread, come to /AOG/ if you want to have true blue discussion on Ace Attorney or Dai Gyakuten saiban talk.
We are a very open and loving community when one or 2 shitposters in the threads are not making it look like a festering cockhole.

Come and enjoy the experience live improv casing is.

don't give up skeleton

hot

I'm the one with the amnesia then, kek.

And yeah I'll definitely replay them someday. Enjoy your comfy discussion~

I don't think they do. There's not much fanart of him.

Yeah, she's the only judge to appear out of court, I think. Not counting DGS

>Apollo
I hate how they force new backstory to him that fits with the the overall plot of both AA5 and AA6. The latter felt especially bad Imo.

Other than that I was fine with Apollo.

>disliking Apollo

He's well liked. Maybe he died from malnutrition because he's always eating instant noodles.

Do you know who Nips really really like though? Foolbright.

>Maybe he died from malnutrition because he's always eating instant noodles.
Insta-ramen isn't safe enough to eat? What the fuck?

Wasn't he supposed to show up in AA5 but they cut him for Foolbright?

Rantaro nii-chan!

I'd kill for Gumshoe to come back, he's one of my favorites.

The issue I have is that they should have just given him an interesting backstory in AA4 in the first place, instead of focusing half the game on Phoenix being a hobo

man i was mad he got shafted with the phantom plot twist. what a waste.

Junko perfect body.

god I wish they'd shoot me

Mugi!

The Khura'inese backstory was way too much. It came out of nowhere, and there was nothing alluding to such a backstory in AA4 or AA5.

I heard instant noodles have a lot of wax or some shit to bind them together.

Same.

This pretty much.
Fitting him with Clay and the AA6 plot was odd enough for me. But eh.
I liked him a lot before that, I still like him a little.

But user, Maggey is living with him cooking food for him.

This.

How did the police not check the FUCKING corpse's fingerprints. That's just ridiculous even for them.

>wax
Time to abandon all noodle cups and go full botto

AA4 originally wasn't meant to include Phoenix but Capcom forced them to shoehorn him in because they thought it wouldn't sell without him.

Despair twins!

100% agree. I love Apollo but it's complete bullshit how his backstory was tied to Khurain. His relationship with Nahyuta felt so forced and cringy. Just a bootleg Phoenix and Edgeworth.

Apollo is awful. Literally watered down Phoenix with no personality or agency of his own, then they retcon more backstory into him to make you like him because he's the main protag now. It's like they are writing for him with an obligation to do it instead of making it feel more natural. His "bonding" with Clay was forced as hell because we don't even get to meet him. It would of had a lot more impact if we saw him in person before the space case happened.

I haven't played AA6, but I heard it was even more Apollo centric than 5, so it's making me not want to even play it.

AAI was originally meant to be an investigation game starring Ema from AJ/SOJ and her forensic stuff.

His backstory is super confusing and dumb at this point, but Nips like him more than Phoenix so they'll keep embellishing it more and more.

But Edgeworth and Phoenix still talk to him as 6-6 showed

I still hate them for cutting him but I kinda liked Fulbright.

>His "bonding" with Clay was forced as hell
Another reason why I don't like Clay. I like playdoh more instead

This.

I DON'T KNOW WHO ANY OF THESE PEOPLE ARE

Me neither, its like watching China Uncensored, more characters than fucking game of thrones. Shame they didn't kept the japanese names.

GO PLAY THE SERIES WHILE YOU WAIT FOR THE NEXT DR GAME user

Literally this.
Not to mention that the backstory he recieved in AA5 and 6 literally had almost nothing to do with his original origins of the Gramaryes.
Also, hurry the fuck up Thalassa.

Phoenix is like Naegi and Apollo is like Hinata.

Play the games then.
Play all of the AA games and all of the zero escape games and then come back.

I also scratch my head at that. It took them this long to check for fingerprints? That's just beyond incompetent.

stop bullying apollo

But nobody bullies Hinata.

He got bullied by Juzo

I honestly don't know what they were trying to do with Sad Monk. The writing for his character was all over the place.

>Required reading (/drg/ edition)
ZE games (especially ZTD)
AA games (besides DGS)
MGS2

Phoenix is nothing like Naegi. For starters he's not a manlet.

This

I know police are supposed to be idiotic in AA but come on. First thing to identify would be teeth and fingerprints.

We're not bullying, just pointing out his backstory is shit

>But nobody bullies Hinata
A lot of characters did after his reveal as Reserve Course Student in the game. Oh and his treatment in the anime.

If they were going to do this, I just wish they actually thought it through instead of backwriting it. I still enjoyed AA6 more than AA5 overall but... man.

fucking plot convenience

Fulbright was probably my favorite character and then he got capcomed

see, like, even if his backstory in AA6 was forced that's one thing it got right: he actually interacts with the people he's supposed to be close to, instead of having them be in 2 flashback scenes while we're told to care about them because they're the victim

we can talk about dangans if you want, I like Kaede and Miu and Tenko

MONACA~!!!

I love my darling husband!

Huh? Yeah dude they're crazy bad for you, all that artificial shit and sodium and whatever. Making your own ramen is the way to go
Fuck yeah!!

Post-DR3 Hinata is worse than Apollo. Self-insertfags who got their power fantasies fulfilled will deny this though.

>Apollo is awful. Literally watered down Phoenix with no personality or agency of his own,
W-What? Ishimaruanon surely you jest...

I can understand his shitty backstory but cmon.

I see , thank you john

>he actually interacts with the people he's supposed to be close to
nail on fking head, ladies and gentlemen. The relationship between Apollo and Dhurke felt more genuine.

I'm not talking about appearances, just roles in the story sort of kinda.
Think of Junko as Dahlia, being responsible for a lot of the shit Phoenix/Naegi goes through.
Hinata is sort of like Apollo in that Naegi/Phoenix helps him from his previous situation ie Izuru or in Apollo's case, Kristoph.
And then later on when Apollo/Hinata grow as a person, they stay behind in the place they had a lot of shit happen to them.

Here is your replacement goth man in order to fit with nu-/drg/

Simon Blackquill is a goth man for you.

Don't insult Phoenix and Apollo.

This.

To be honest they should have just canned the whole Khurain garbage and just close off the whole organization story since they're still active even with the Phantom in jail.

>yfw Nanami is literally Dhruke

I want to rub my face into Korekiyo's sweaty stinky armpit
I want to stop washing my face and have it smell like Korekiyo's armpit sweat constantly

>just roles in the story
Fair enough.

Wasn't the phantom implied to be some sort of government spy?

100% this. Hinata was already bad in DR2. DR3 made him broken beyond repair. Apollo is easily better than him.

Apollo's only crime is having Capcom force new and retarded "backstory" on him.

Blackquill is the most hot AA boy, prove me wrong.

I'm sorry.

W-wew... he's fine as fuck...
Nice!

Yeah he was a foreign spy. That's why he got sniped in the end.

I tolerated him in DR2. He was kind of bland but I appreciated the snark. DR3 completely ruined the message of his arc though since he keeps the infinite talents while still retaining his humanity.

Give me any AA or AAI song and I will try to remaster it.

>having Capcom force new and retarded "backstory" on him.
You mean Yamazaki

Thought so.
>inb4 Shelly de Killer took him out

I'd honestly be more happy to get a Blackquill Investigations with action gameplay using his sword and Taka over Athena Snorefest

I wanna see Blackquill head after Phantom's organization.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Q3O-fIR81I
I like this one.

gonta big heavy balls

>this theme of the dog kisser
Oh god.
On it.

Wah? I knew he was a foreign spy but I didn't think he was working for the government direct but a secret organization

Gumshoe, Fulbright, I actually really like blackquill too so it's hard to prove you wrong, god dammit Kuzu

youtube.com/watch?v=ZoxLKK1G5-k

>we will literally never get a UDG-like action spinoff about blackquill going after phantom's organization
hold me AAbros

Yamazaki wrote AAI2 so I'm alright with him. Meanwhile Takumi was guilty of writing shit like 2-1, 2-3 and 4-3.

I hope Kodaka really does hand the writing of DR over to someone else so we can have the same sort of arguments in the fandom over who is better.

I really liked her design and theme.

I miss Shelly de Killer. Loved him and his chill smooth theme.

What happened to him?

He plays a part in AAI2. He definitely seems like the sort of character who will be referenced to in future games.