/simg/ Simulation Games General

We need ops edition
We need people who want to join

Previous thread: >DCS: Do not buy M-2000C and NTTR and newer modules from steam, because you can't use them in stand-alone.Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B9l8t2itS4vkWTR6aEpjZlI4SDg/
>Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher is a replacement for stock BMS launcher including key/axis mapping feature. It can configure and save BMS SETUP per Joysticks. When you launch BMS through this app, it auto generates proper setup files and overwrites them for current device order before BMS find them changed and initialize your setup.
>TL;DR: Your pain setting up controls is over

>TeamSpeak
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>Falcon 4 and BMS 4.33U3 setup
mega.nz/#F!vxd2ia5Z!Dis_Nz7NlgzXqscADeUDew

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E

>Planes pastebin
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tanks pastebin
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat/Submarine pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Link to this OP text
pastebin.com/Tsc71yaf

>Example of welcome games
>Flight Sims
Falcon BMS, DCS: World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Strike Fighters X
>Driving Games
Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, DiRT Rally, OMSI 2
>Ground Sims
SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Graviteam Tactics, Squad
>Submarine Sims
Silent Hunter, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters
>Misc Sims
Command: X, Swat 4

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/ /cwg/

www.facebook com/289334207795128/videos/1579146768813859/

hnnnng

Poor Tu-22M3
Zapad 2017 wasn't fun for him

What is this white square and how do i remove it?

How much talking do you have to do in those "ops"? I would join but i dont want to do much more than just fly a heli.

Camera controlled rear turret a cute.

They're a little gay for teamspeak

I don't think there is enough morale for DCS ops anytime soon. Forgot to mention that I meant BMS ops. DCS ops currently is just dicking around in open conflict. When 2.5 releases after 2.5 year I think we will have some good blueflag ops again(If server performance issues and other stuff is fixed), considering 2.5 screenshots make everyone diamonds.

I fly Flanker all the time. If there's a time for ops its now because 104th is fun with all SARH.

Ded.

>I wonder how different the ui is from OS to MF because i plan on going back and getting operation star for all that sweet cold war dlc
It's fairly different, but it probably won't be too difficult if you've learned Mius before.

You can probably infer a fair bit as to what each section on the panel does from this.

I honestly preferred how Op Star did artillery UI, and unit selection - but then again, I haven't put the effort into learning Mius Front. More of a knee jerk "it's different!" thing I think.

I work a bunch and night shift so I'm normally around the discord from 1-6 am burger time, always down for some ops

I don't think I'll ever get over the fact that we were going to have an SU-27SM in DCS before ED canned it.

is simg worth it anymore

user, is it worth removing AI control of allied vehicles in SABOW, & just do it myself?

The strat map and tactical map AI seemed awfully inept when I saw it. Strat map especially. I dunno if it's worth trying to control them from the "overhead" map though.

Yeah, since the AI is retarded and you never know how they will position/what they will do after positioning (usually chimp out and drive down some road and get annihilated), I noticed the Angolans in Cuito-Cuanavale are usually pretty consistent and have a smarter AI that positions well defensively and will try to position around your tanks.
It's all fun and games might, especially in SABOW. It feels way more immersive giving command looking at a map rather than flying around the map, tickles my "command simulation" autism. Also you don't have command points restriction here, unlike in GTOS/GTMF.

I might turn control of AI on then.

Yeah, what I noticed originally, was that the AI was acting independent of the tanks, and doing some fairly inadvisable things at times.

Where you'd hope for a small scouting force to go down the road, they'd march column formation, marching through areas not friendly to the tank support, etc. Same for the strat map.

bodied

dead

Didnt break in time?

>dead mission at night
>6 mavs to destroy some AAA pieces
>even though that same battalion has sa-2s present
>ok chief
>recon doesnt show KS-19s
>boresight mavs
>lock tgt on fcr
>point track on TGP
>switch fcr to MAV
>uncage
>move over same tgt
>tms up
>avionics error
>something wrong with my tgp in the test page
>6 mavs and cant use them
>jimmies rustled
>mfw

what did i do wrong ?
was it a random malfunction ?
i never went past 0.6 mach or over 3g, what are the limits for cat 3 ?

What about the WPN page? Could you fire from there?

they did fire from the tgp page, went stoooped though

im retrying the same mission now

Did the TGP sucessfully perform the handoff?

nope it didnt give me the 2 c
i think it was stuck on I

from the weapon page it worked

Anyone else getting kinda hyped for the AV-8? Not saying it's gonna be what saves DCS but it's being made my Belsimtek so we're guaranteed something usable at the least.

will it carry HARMs and HARPOONS ?

why should i waste my fiddy bucks on it and not wait for the hornetto

>Belsimtek

that feel when qt graviteam Po-2 is more effective than the stuka in air to ground

It just trundles around so slowly, it seems to get all the time to perfectly ID and drop bombs, while the stuka's just zoom about and never finds good targets

It's being made by Razbam, but yes, hype as fuck.

No, but it can carry sidearms.

>call in Mi-4 recon heli's
>before they can even properly get on the map they immediately get fucked by a massive concentration of ground fire
fug :DD

Playing these modern weapon scenarios really makes me wish things like technicals were in game, so you could set up a Syria sim on the Iranian maps. That'd be a great expansion for MF.

Only thing im hyped for in dcs. The 18 is going to be overpriced and boring.... i hope ED doesnt cuck them in some way to push the 18.

>Razbam
Shit, my mistake on that one

It shows it's got Mavs at least in the latest shots so either they're saving to show them off closer to release or it hasn't got them. 50/50

Yeah the 18 is gonna be seriously overpriced and I wouldn't put it past ED to hold off the release of the AV-8 so that it doesn't take any thunder away from their 18. Even then we're probably looking at a December release for one or both of them.

Plunder my boypussy if I'm wrong, but F18 is going to be the most feature rich aircraft in DCS. How that's boring.

XP11 looks good af.

Does it have VTOL tho

not that user but desu such modern planes are kinda meh imo. I love the 80s stuff a lot more.

Plus the F-18 looks ugly as hell it's like the F-16 and F-15 fucked and had an autistic downy navy child

Is this how space looks irl?

There are 23mm ZSU Ural technicals (pic)

My dick when those are getting put into squad soon.

I don't know if they'll be vehicle mounted yet, but even ground bound ZU-23's get me off.

I want to get into GA sims, but where do you go to learn all the navigation, radios, procedures and stuff?

No those require a a radar and the version of the harrier we're getting first doesn't have one. RAZBAM plans on making the radar equipped version of the harrier later on, because they're waiting to get ground radar that ED is making for the hornet.

work you way up from the simpler planes?

I want to plunder your cute bp regardless

Does anyone want a redpill about /simg/ ops?

No, open internet forums should be places where opinions are not shared and no discussion take place.

But user, this is biggest redpill of all time

>start dcs
>5 minutes of loading
>click missions
>10 minutes of loading
>end it, start again
>click editor
>5 minutes until the map loads
Why is this game so shit? 1 out of 10 times it starts quickly but most of the time its fucked.

Install DCS to a RAID SSD Array and install at least 32gb of RAM. The requirements are quite low.

Would actually fall for it if the game wouldnt start as expected once in a while.

Falcon 1-1 ready for takeoff

Falcon 1-1, Kunsan Tower, Why are you taking so long, expedite departure.

Wat game?

Graviteam tactics, Operation Star.

If you've played SABOW, GT:OS is similar (same dev), but you're in more of a command position for the battle as a whole, as opposed to just being a tank commander.

Sure kinda, I'll probably pick it up post 2.5 merge but in the meantime fuck DCS. For the life of me I can't spot shit in current Caucasus and I'm not going to put up with that shit.

This

Are the stars supposed to be this bright?

You never saw a night sky? I better have night sky when game simulate light polution

Jesus fucking christ lads, I feel so bad for that dude

SSDs are super expensive right now.

holy fuck it looks good

Hey lads, I was considering getting 4k monitor but I heard that DCS spotting is terrible
Is this true? Should I get VR instead of 4k monitor? Is VR good?

If your getting a monitor bigger than 1080p your not seeing shit past 500m without zooming out the pilot cam so planes warp and become more easy to see, its the same for VR but at least in VR you get the feel of the cockpit as well as all the nice meme games it comes with.

New TSW dlc anyone?

>Cardinal RG

Sexiest cessna tbqfh

t-t-tt-tra-train p-poster?

Even though I'm Piper guy, only fool would say otherwise

Is it a bad thing?

N-n-not a-at all, just missed some trains, you don't post anymore :(

does TSW look that good?

Well it really is step up from previous train games, but sometimes fps likes to drop.

Fug, it looks so fucking comfy, too bad my specs aren't too good
I need to try it tho, thanks!

Already TSW is contender to best train game.

It looks like ETS2 on rails

Any good Helicopter sims aside DCS?

Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul?
Not any I'm aware of

>trains
>civshit

fucking disgusting get out

And best is that you can click almost every button and switch, also walk around train.

Yes

Go away disguised scream, everything is allowed here animefag

Why that hate for trains?