/hg/ - Halo General

Feet First Into Hell Edition

Welcome to Halo General. Here we discuss the Halo games, expanded universe, and fan projects. Discussion of general Xbox developments, news, and games is also allowed unless stated otherwise.

>SPV3 is now publicly available for free download on PC
- the entire Halo CE campaign re-imagined with new areas, enemies, and features
- Downloading is free and only requires a working version of Halo Custom Edition
mediafire.com/file/jy6nfbnrwnqhtb9/SPV3.1.0f.zip

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/chasing-shadows

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/TEdXes5c

>Spartan Company:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/
xboxclips.com/

>>>Halo News

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc6mHTuw0nWjUbPpMeZRw9bh2etqbzzI6apsZ_iAyn3hsejxA/viewform?usp=sf_link
gearnuke.com/forza-motorsport-7-50-gb-day-one-patch-95-gb-space/
youtube.com/watch?v=Uram6UIy6zE
engadget.com/2010/04/12/halo-mmo-had-90-million-budget-canceled-as-microsoft-eyed-cas/
youtube.com/watch?v=yJS7AbSH99s
pastebin.com/5CUQ6ESm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Megu

>tfw no Halo 5: Master Chief & Friends Superstars Adventures in Dreamland

>letting the reach edition die
rude

343 let Reach die on its own birthday.

It was a premature 404.
Happened to a few other threads.
Last post was barely an hoiur ago

>Reminder to vote
We started with 129 maps. Now there are only 16 that remain.

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc6mHTuw0nWjUbPpMeZRw9bh2etqbzzI6apsZ_iAyn3hsejxA/viewform?usp=sf_link

>removed the number from the OP
THERE WAS AN ARRANGEMENT

Thread had to be made in a rush. Probably just forgot.
But either way It's not a big deal.

What the absolute fuck was 343 thinking when they made 4?

>An ancient evil awakens

>An ancient evil awakens

Who's to say ancient evils are actually evil? They are ancient, the culture they originally came from was so long ago and different from the current one, that these "evils" just can't fit in.

I remember the day it got announced. I died a little inside.

There needs to be a program for helping ancient evils accustom to modern days.

I do not trust birb

Trust birb.
Birb says humans need a melee weapon.

Can anyone explain what all 3 factions are doing on the PoA crash site? I can sorta understand 343 combing whats left of the computers for info, and the flood might just be there because loads of bodies to have fun with. But what the fuck are the ayys doing there?

AYYs were already there because they took Keyes. It had only been like a day since then, so they were probably looking for something like Cortana to find where Earth was.

There were actually 4 factions.
Humans had retake the POA and were stationed there. Covies move in to take them out, then you show up.

Did this actually happen? I remember in the book they had that base set up they'd all rally the survivors to but I don't recall a section about retaking the PoA. Also the fact it was ONLY SOF covvies, while the force sent to retake their own cruiser was a bunch of regular idiots is a bit weird. Sending the regulars guys who are more or less garunteed to just get cucked seems dumb. Meanwhile they couldve easily beaten whoever was at PoA.

>koolaidbeans

rip in shit, Halo. Hopefully you develop some decent fucking taste for Halo 6 considering 5 is the best matchmaking multiplayer in the series thus far

Just ram them with the glorious imperial sanghelli navy

How the fuck does Johnston get off Halo?

Last read the books over 10 yeears ahog

Sorry, its classified.

>5 is the best matchmaking multiplayer in the series

>5
>best anything
I guess you can say Forge, but once 6 releases it won't even have that

If it's the best matchmaking in the series, why does it struggle to stay in the top 20? No, age isn't an excuse because there are three (3) CoD's with more players than five

>out of curiosity, look at destiny general
>recognize a shitload of old /hg/ anons
I'm actually a little pissed off

>biting the bait
You're a bunch of weak, genetically inferior farm-raised salmon and /hg/ is the salmon farm.

Not many people wanted a x1 after the fucking putrid abomination that was Halo 4 so now they're playing destiny on PS4.

>/hg/ still likes reach

Plebs.

Bad analogy
The variation between farm salmon and wild salmon is miniscule now. Unless you're buying Alaskan pinkeye, then you're best off saving money and buying farm

>Alaskan pinkeye
I caught some in a truck stop outside Reno.

Is SPV3 a good way of experiencing Halo 1 for the first time?

Hell no.

>pinkeye
I'm assuming you mean SOCKeye?

>Is SPV3 a good way of experiencing Halo 1
Yes. Highly reccomended for long time fa-
>for the first time?
Lol no

Elaborate.

I too love flying into concept art

I am a monument to all your sins.

Man the Flood is so cool

It's not a direct improvement over the base game, it's designed to be played on legendary by people who know Halo 1 inside and out, and it's measurably more punishing on all difficulty settings. The sandbox is such a far cry from vanilla CE, it's practically a different game. Past that, it has some significant issues with balance, QA, and stability that weren't a problem in Halo 1. Play the original first.

reach was a meh game.

Anthem will kill both destiny and halo

Go away bioware

watch people vote for Spire because matchmaking had that in constant rotation, whereas Breakneck was ultra rare, even though it's far superior. people will ignore the massive area at the front of Spire 'cause "it doesn't count", and I like Spire.

he loved 5 for a while 'cause of the tighter controls and need for more accuracy. I remember him talking about quitting, he was busy and got bored of slayerslayerslayerwarzoneslayerwarzonewarzonewarzoneslayer, all on the same maps over and over again.
so did I and I don't know how anyone survived it

there was a 4/5 man group from /hg/ that I used to tag along with every now and again 'cause they were always online at the same time as me in a party, cool guys. now they're all /dg/ denizens and it does pain me a lil to know that they had shit taste all along.
even my best friend loved Destiny for a while, but then they got pissed at putting the most effort into a raid and coming out with nothing. so they dropped it instantly.

as much as I hate Halo 4, I'd rather play that than Destiny. I'm very much a campaign and anti-farming kinda guy. increasing the numbers on my weapon to kill enemies more efficiently to get drops that increase the numbers on my weapon, ad nauseam, doesn't interest me in the slightest. it's strange how people don't grasp the fact that it's basically gambling, only the currency is your life (time).

gearnuke.com/forza-motorsport-7-50-gb-day-one-patch-95-gb-space/
>95 GB

>halo 5
>100 gb

>Gear of war 4
>120-130 gb
This is getting ridiculous, especially for people who have shit internet

t.third worlder

>oldfag

Will Halo fell for the MMO FPS meme?

Aye sorry for the late reply, went to sleep yesterday

Currently at the mission where you play as the elite, now about to enter a banshee
Thanks for typing all of that down, managed to find the options menu that lets you remap the keys, but the ducking thing still pisses me off.

The game defintely went a more creative route, i like the new weapons. However, the game doesn't feel as atmospheric because you are almost never alone, or have to explore so much, which takes some personality away.

Sometimes the game has these fucking spasms, whats up with that? Tried turning the graphics down but wont help.

Halo 5™ has the best action because it gives me man-child nostalgia of Power Rangers™ and every frame has so much going on.
youtube.com/watch?v=Uram6UIy6zE

I'd welcome any change for the campaign now. 4 and 5 have the worst campaigns of the franchise.
fuck it, go nuts.

Gib nonlinear campaign pls

engadget.com/2010/04/12/halo-mmo-had-90-million-budget-canceled-as-microsoft-eyed-cas/

LIT

wheres red team lol?

ded

>tfw no ringworld video game

>I'm expected to believe an EA game in 2018 will look like this
Nobody is falling for this.
Nobody.

Oh shit he dabbin

>EA games not looking pretty but being devoid of content or quality control

what universe are you in

>EA Games
>Pretty
No I won't even grant them that. It's 2017 and Madden still looks like a GameCube game

That's because its a sports game that is recycled yearly to be sold again, they probably don't have the time to make a huge leap and people will buy it anyways.

Not him but they took the time to incorporate the frostbite engine into Madden this year as opposed to the old ignite engine they had been using for a while.
Basically the game had to be redone from scratch. It does seem odd therefore that the visuals themselves look negligably different from last year.

Thicc

youtube.com/watch?v=yJS7AbSH99s

Disliked

That might be one of the worst YouTube videos I've ever seen.
I want those 3 minutes back

Thanks for the view ;^o

Cayde talks too much, was this the "narrative improvement" from D1 to D2 that /dg/ babs talked about?

You are currently browsing /hg/ thread #348.
The featured map is "Last Exit"

>Previous 50 threads
#347 - Reach's 7th Birthday #346 - Hot Glue #345 - NFL #344 - Late Summer Glow #343 - 343 Industries #342 - Superintendent
#341 - YapYap the Destroyer #340 - Flash Flood
#339 - Halo needs another anime desu
#338 - SPV3
#337 - Compromise
#336 - And now it begins
#335 - Action Figures
#334 - Veto
#333 - Updated Pastebin
#332 - The Big Chill
#331 pt. 2 - Press F for Serina
#331 pt. 1 - Serina
#330 - Operation Spearbreaker
#329 - The Longest Night
#328 - Final Four
#327 - Summer Celebration
#326 - And it was all going so well
#325 - Summer Content
#324 - Inane Arguments
#323 - Jesus falls for the third time
#322 - Fucking WHY?
#321 - Technical Difficulties
#320 - Awakening the Nightmare
#319 - Post Tournament Vacation
#318 - Icons of War
#317 - At least do it right
#316 - We are still here
#315 - Never Give Up
#314 - Final
#313 - Xbox One X
#312 - E3 2017
#311 - Imagine Being Chief in this Scene
#310 - SGT Johnson
#309 - 16-Bit
#308 - 8-Bit
#307 - Banished
#306 - Post GT
#305 - Halo Triple
#304 - Colony
#303 - Custom Warzone
#302 - Customized Gamerpics
#301 - Easter
#300 - Breakthrough
#299 - ITT We Discuss Halo

For even older /hg/ threads, check the archive here:
pastebin.com/5CUQ6ESm

>It's been almost 50 threads since 300
Time is a cruel mistress

Hopefully not.

Have we been moving through threads faster or am I just not paying attention?

me on the right

I think there's been a decent uptick recently.

We have been getting some new people. Some of which have come over from /dg/ after being disappointed in Destiny 2

Post the "It's been one hell of a night" web from this level

>taken down
???

>can't handle dislikes so he takes the video down
Pathetic.
YouTube clearly isn't for you.

Besides """"4K"""" is 5 getting any updates for the x1x? What about MCC? It's been a rough few months for me I haven't had the time to play halo with work but in the winter I should have more control over my hours and shit and I want to get back into it.

>mfw getting older

>Besides """"4K"""" is 5 getting any updates for the x1x?
They would have announced it, so probably not
>What about MCC?
No, and most likely never ever. MS seems intent to leave it as a failed relic of the early days of the Xbone's rough period.
>mfw getting older
Unless you're over 30, you have no reason to worry about getting "old"

I'm 31 now.

Welp, I hope you had the tikme of your life, because It's all downhill from there

Honestly the only thing that's different is if you hurt your back it hurts a few days longer than it used to. Otherwise most aspects are better than they were 5 years ago.

That doesn't sound too bad.
Like the 20s just slightly less durable but with actual money. Sounds like an overall net improvement.

What would have happened if the Humans were allowed to join the Covenant? Imagine if the Prophets never found out they were related to the Foreunners. How highly ranked would they be and what would their jobs/spheres of influence/gimmick in Covenant society be?