/divg/ Divinity Original Sin General

absolutely no useful info in the OP edition.

talk about the game and how unfair tactician is you shitters.

The physical/magical armour system is trash. Every enemy is immune to everything at the start of fights, even fucking dogs have physical and magical armour.

So retarded, refunding this piece of shit game. D: OS did everything way better.

oh my fucking god how the hell do you beat dallis in the ship battle, I just can't fucking do it.

I am getting raped in the ass here

>being this booty blasted about not being able to cheese the entire combat system with CC

What to do with spare skillbooks? Do I just sell? I heard there's some skill book merging or whatever can every skillbook do that?

You have immunity at the start as well, Spend the first round bursting off armor or magic armor off important targets and chain ccing them then.

I actually enjoy it, but maybe its because I didnt play the first game and dont have an expectation.

I need some assistance pls

Can anyone make a valid argument for me NOT to just use bows and magic?

From seeing what the ai does to me against my warriors. Mage-archers can just sit far back spamming arrows and magic.

Game a poop. Multiplayer crash. Keybindings lost every time. Armor. Magic armor. *Actions*. Literal penis cannibal. Ethics. That's an odd name.

Tactician isn't unfair, it is just wasn't tested at all. Because i would love to see the devs finishing it without cheesing the game with one specific min maxed way.

>you can combine spellbooks to make different spellbooks

You dont have to beat her, you have to survive until your demon bitch finishes casting. Focus on keeping yourself alive.

There is no reason, but a lot of the good armor gear requires strength.

Honestly Rangers seem incredibly broken.

Dont even spell cast, you can do decent magic damage with purely archery anyways.

Why give CC and then just give enemies a huge advantage by always giving them more phys/magic armour than your party can possible have?

It's trash, it's an unfair advantage. It also makes no sense in some cases, for example, it's easier to fall over when wearing a shitload of armour.

Best build for tactician mode go.

Me and a friend are half way through as lone wolf skeletons that were completely unplanned and playing the game blind.

Sure we spent a few hours on some encounters, but its part of the fun, stop being shit.

pirate detected.

I'm glad barrelmancy still works feels good when a plan comes together

Dunno what game y'all are playing desu on act 2 and things are peachy

Enemies have bigger advantage over you to shred your armor. They can move and act more than you could in the same initiative pool. You end up being cced first before you get to cc them, so it is either abuse their stupid AI or break the game. So fun instead of playing whatever build i want.

Who gives a fuck if people could cheese the game before? People will always find another way to cheese, and this system does nothing but punish hybrid builds. You might as well start removing enviroments and teleporting then.

All I know is what we have now is infinitely better than chaining CC together starting on your first turn.

I've been playing tactician, managed to kill the crocs and card players but really struggling with the frogs. Should I restart on Classic before I'm too far?

Game's crashing for legit players too. If it crashes on GOG version, it's more than likely crashing for everyone as well.

Which race has the biggest penis

>pirate detected.
But user I kickstarted it!

Where can i get teleport to kineses on fort joy for all these hidden chests?

THIS THREAD IS FOR CELLOBROS ONLY
IF YOU PURPOSELY DID NOT CHOOSE CELLO THEN YOU ARE A FLAMING FAGGOT AND YOU ARE UNWANTED

>Which race has the biggest penis
Undead has the biggest bone

>stop being shit
>literally spent hours reloading saves on a single encounters

You contradict yourself user. Unlike you, i have better use of my time than playing dices hoping it wins on my favor.

Kill crocs, get gloves, get all that hidden treasure all over the goddamn map.

I have faith swen will make everything right

I'm still enjoying the game

Wtf is that one elf bitch thinking?

>heh you'll die nice and slow.nothin personnel you lizard fuck
>Me and my party members then beat her to death

Like what the fuck is up with that why is she so god damn edgy.If you play as her can you choose not to be edgy?

Feels good

i killed those crocs. i dont notice any special gloves.

i have mage gloves that its. Loot is randomized isn't it.

You're shit at the game m8.

Are there more companions after Fort Hope? I finally got out of there but I have this stupid lizard thing following me around that I really want to get rid of at the first opportunity. The skeleton guy was a little bitch and I don't trust Muslims so the lizard was all that was left.

How is leddit having less problems than vg

is there even any point in picking any other civil skill than dick ass thievery?

>merchant has legendary items
>they cost like 4000 gold
>make companion talk to him
>steal everything
>walk away
>basically no other way or path could have allowed me to have acquired these items

So you get better experience the first playthrough if you make a custom character or what?

>than your party can possibly have

Wrong, I often have significantly more armor than enemies. Especially non melee enemies.

Havent gotten a single crash on the steam version but I dont speak for everyone.

AI doesnt seem to cheat on initiative. The ranger in my group almost always goes first.

Those gloves aren't because they're part of a quest.

ok, she brought me back to the hall of echoes and I'm stumped, no clue where to go

The three crocs on the beach? I didn't have a quest to kill them, i just did it.

What are the gloves called?

>Wrong, I often have significantly more armor than enemies
In Fort Joy too?

thievery is hilarious
>steal shit
>get caught
>run away
>come back and steal again when theyve stopped chasing you

Literally just talk to everything, it's really not hard.

2h or shield for only heavy armor user?

The three crocs on the beach. And you can kill them and get the gloves before finding the quest. I don't remember the name of the gloves but they give whoever's wearing them the teleport skill for free.

Any tips for the Alexander fight?
My party is till level 7 and him and his soldiers are level 8 and they're kicking my ass, doesn't help that the voidworm targets my party members first.. And I'm pretty sure I already did all the sidequests on the swamp.

Welp i dunno. Killed them, dont have any gloves.

At the start of fort joy you just dont have any armor, go buy or steal some

Shield up is really fucking useful, but if you're playing on normal difficulty, you can probably just do whatever you aesthetically want.

Fight was pretty difficult for me. We got lucky and a Geist got itself stuck on a ledge, and was unable to get down because they cant use ladders. He eventually got out near the end when I was teleported near the ledge so it could blink stab me, but by then it was too late.

but I did talk to everything, nothing happened and I can't go anywhere

If you're on Tactician/Honour, this is how much health and armor the final boss has. Blacked out the name to avoid spoilers.

Enjoy.

>have friend talk to person
>have other two talk to people around them in different directions
>steal thousands of gold worth of this
>walk away
>finish conversations

they're like elaborate robbing schemes

wait I figured it out

My crew took oil barrels and threw them at Geist and lit them up

Medusa Head or Bull Horns?

Well at least you do like 50 damage a swing, it'll be fine.

>player character's portrait is facing right
>companions' portraits are all facing left

do you have multiple characters with thievery
i get this

It's so unnecessary to introduce this shit system. They clearly got lucky with D: OS1's gameplay if they thought this shit was well designed.

AA gaming was a mistake.

>already final boss
HOW

Is it worth using a two hander? Shields seem so good

at level 8 My damage is like 60 with one handed swings. Stop crying casual, holy shit just stop playing tactician, why do you want to nerf my enjoyment. If you dont want to min max dont play the min max mode.

>people playing in the hard complaining the game is too hard
What the fuck did you expected

>Denied for more than two hours of play

Just want to theorycraft and play one character, but the game forces me to build 3 other characters entirely so I have to theorycraft 3 different builds.

Fuck

its not hard it's unbalanced

This is it, guys. This is the end. Do I sacrifice myself to get rid of all source magic and the void, as well as gods? Or should I fight and live?

I don't know what to fucking pick.

No shit nigger, it is almost like game designers balance the game for the normal difficulty.

Explorer mode is a cakewalk, you barely get touched.
Tactician is the exact opposite.

SHOULD I BE BUYING ARMOR WEAPONS AND SKILLBOOKS OR ARE THEY IN PLENTIFUL AMOUNT AS I LEVEL UP?!

Nope, the 2 hour system is just a bunch of bullshit to make people think they're ineligible for refunds.

If you don't live in a shithole and your country has good consumer protection (all first world countries aside from USA), your entitled a refund on digital purchases for 2 weeks after purchase.

Gametime means jackshit, what if I had game crashes 5 hours in?

so i assume i'm in the tutorial area and i just got to the deck of the ship while it's being attacked.

i never looted a dagger so i can't use my main skills and normal attacks do like 1 damage against these bugs
should i have found one?

LIZARD TITS

What else does Warfare go well with other than Polymorph and Necromancy?

so wacky and randumb xDDDD

Haven't played the first game since the original and playing EE before I play 2. Where is blitz bolt? It isn't there as a starter ability.

is there a Katana in this game?

I actually enjoyed Trompdoy's dungeon. He didn't really tried to stop you, he just wanted to annoy you before you got to the end and freed his trapped soul

Buy them. Skill books drop, but probably never the ones you want, you can literally buy all the skills you want in the first act.

Getting the game from GOG right now but do you have to have a crafting mule in this game like in OS1.

>level 7 dick ass thief

THIS IS MAAAAAADDDDD

i cant stop teleporting merchants and stealing their entire inventory

No but there are scythes

Crafting isnt tied to any single skill.

o god wat do i do boys

So DOS1 or 2?

What, so now you can craft with everyone in your team? And what about crafted gears now, it is still better than looted and rewarded?

Someone buy me the game I need to eat this month.

Are spears viable?
Lizards look pretty rad with them.

I havent found any recipes for good gear, but probably.

You learn recipes from random books bought or found, and any character can craft it.

>that guy who stabs the guy for talking shit about his wife

It doesn't even have DRM. Just pirate it.

why do you need someone to buy you a single player game

Anyone here beat the game yet?

What level did you end up around? Is there a newgame+ ?

None of the versions I can find are the same as the steam one and muh friends want to play

How come some skillbooks have an anvil on them, but belong to a specific school but aren't matching covers?

Also is there item smelting/dismantling at all?

Why the fuck are quest flags on the map not disappearing after I complete the quest/set the quest inactive

How did pic related make it through Early Access? I am actually concerned with starting a Tactician playthrough with obvious, glaring balance "decisions" like this somehow being overlooked

I'm having a blast though

how starry-eyed would a Tactician-Craft Only playthrough be? No storebought goods other than materials, no picking up gear other than to sell for gold

why do you need the steam one when you can just get the GOG version and play through LAN

Because when you connect it just tells you version mismatch.

are you all using the same GOG torrent though works on my machine

Crafted gear in early game isn't really viable at all.

Not sure what your complaint is about that pic, one requires an investment into poly and has a longer cooldown. Is your complaint that one is better or that they are the same thing? The way I see it is that they wanted to add more ways of gaining armor, The poly one costs more AP because polymorph is general is such a flexible skill set, where as Geomancy has more dedicated uses.

Honour-bro here, I managed to trigger a secret final boss during the final boss fight.

This is their stats. I've got one person left alive and I'm muted.

Fuck.

Would 2h Warfare and Polymorph make for a good setup? It's tough to pick a build without having seen all the skills.