Why aren't there any stories about witches and vampires from the ottoman empire?

Why aren't there any stories about witches and vampires from the ottoman empire?
Especially vampires which are found in slavic mythology.

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/bulgaria/11153923/Vampire-grave-found-in-Bulgaria.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petar_Blagojevich
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_Paole
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhampir
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For the same reason the Chinese didn't have Vampires or Witches in its cultural mythology?

Because all balkan people are considered witches and vampires, minus the Albanians, since they are considered to be reanimated ghouls with their disfigured appearances.

user I'm serious while witch hunts were going in in europe shit like that never happened in the ottoman empire.

Probably because Ottomans were pretty much illiterate so they didn't write anything about anything. The only thing they were good for was killing.

Maybe because as Ottoman sunnists we don't believe in that mumbo jumbo.
>muh long fanged people sucking blood
>muh spellcasting and cursing old hags
Sounds like your average gypsy to me.

There were vampire and witch folklore passed down from Slavs but it was more of a kid scare than anything taken seriously.

Jinn and ghouls are the ones that are more known in middle-east.

The Ottoman government suppressed knowledge of vampires, witches, mummoes, frankensteins, etc from public knowledge. Kind of like the U.S. government with greys and reptilians.

Mate not to blow your cover as your poss are pretty entertaining but witches exist in turkish folklore also they are called cadı.

How come shit like witches were taken so seriously in the rest of europe.

Really ?
I mean what could they do to supress stuff like bedtime stories ?

Maybe there are and we haven't heard of them? I mean the only reason the whole world knows about transylvanian vampires is because of an english novel from the 19th century.

Btw here's an interesting story

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/bulgaria/11153923/Vampire-grave-found-in-Bulgaria.html

though this is from the 13th century, before the ottomans

>Sounds like your average gypsy to me.
Still sexier than the hottest ottoman mbülah, or whatever the fuck you call your women.

You mean the women we take from the balkans to fill up our harems?

Yeah, they are pretty disgusting, especially the romanian ones.

Nice article thanks user.
So the balkan slavs did take vampire stories seriously then.

Guys come one don't ruin the thread.

Vampires like the cold.

I said *ottoman* mbülah. Not poor gypsy girls you capture.

They just have their own variation of scary shit. Like pic related.

Vampires were a big deal in the Balkans

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petar_Blagojevich
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_Paole
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhampir

But honestly I'm not sure why there are no Ottoman sources reporting on it. Maybe if you could search it in Turkish you'd find something.

>But honestly I'm not sure why there are no Ottoman sources reporting on it. Maybe if you could search it in Turkish you'd find something.
Why should they? Something strange and dangerous that they can't put a moustasche on? Better disregard it.

you shouldn't insult your royal family mehmet ;^)
they are, after all, balkan rapebabies

I did a quick search on google, and their isnt much on Vampires existing in Islamic cultures.

Maybe that part of the world there aren't creatures that feed on blood? Or perhaps pneumonia aka consumption isn't as prevalent in that part of the world. Where most cases of vampirism in Europe were tied to this disease....you know the slow draining of energy and life, and the blood mixed in with the person's saliva dripping out their mouth, etc.

Pretty sure there is equivalent of vampires in Chinese folklore, but it's vastly different from the ones in Slavic folklore that people do not realize they are Chinese equivalent.

If I remember well, Arabic vampire-thing was a daytime walking creature, due to daytime being worse to nighttime.

there are though
for example there was one event where some dead jannissaries were thought to come back to live and haunt a town

ghouls?

In ancient Arabian folklore, the ghūl (Arabic) dwells in burial grounds and other uninhabited places. The ghul is a fiendish type of jinni believed to be sired by Iblis.[6]

A ghoul is also a desert-dwelling, shapeshifting, demon that can assume the guise of an animal, especially a hyena. It lures unwary people into the desert wastes or abandoned places to slay and devour them. The creature also preys on young children, drinks blood, steals coins, and eats the dead,[7] then taking the form of the person most recently eaten.

In the Arabic language, the female form is given as ghoulah[8] and the plural is ghilan.[citation needed] In colloquial Arabic, the term is sometimes used to describe a greedy or gluttonous individual.

>devious
>ugly
>drinks blood

im sure jews are well known in islamic culture

The word vampire is from the Serbian language, first used in an Austrian newspaper reporting on /x/ happenings in Serbia.

But China did have vampires and witches.