/divg/ Divinity Original Sin General

Best origin character edition

Post about how you hate or love the armor system, and call the other party shills

Also talk about how you like the game so far, really enjoying it on classic

So what is the point of having the recipe to craft the mask to change forms as undead ... you can get the original one back before you ever get enough shit to craft a new one

Or is it that only Fane begins with a mask and the rest of the undead have to craft it?

>niggers tell me cc is bad because everyone has shields
>fight the 3 crocodiles
>die one by one because they had low shields and i couldn't (chain)cc
bunch of fucking negores
time to start over again

Any priority things to do before leaving the fort?

>CC is bad
best wombo combo is literally Rain+Hailstorm for ice patches shit makes it impossible for anyone to leave hell rain in general is just GOD tier Loshe is such a strong companion just because she has access to shock and chill

Am i fucking crazy or are my health pots disappearing?

Every origin character can become an enchanter, user.
I went with a full-physical team though, maybe I should have gone full-magic instead.I ntelligence/Warfare IS possible after all.

I'm getting raped. What's a good class combination for the party?

I made Lohse a ranger because I wanted some ranged support and like my bards to be archers. Does that still mix well with water? I was starting to consider just dropping all my magic skills on my wizard mc.

>Find an unknown potion in a witch's house
>Drink it
>Sebille turns into a cow
>Can't find a way to revert the transformation
This is getting a bit too /d/ for me, how the fuck do I undo this curse

Is there any reason not to go back and end the miserable lives of all the redcloak faggots in the ghetto and the keep?

>shoot electricity at someone
>does nothing magical armour ;)
>whack them on the head with my staff
>30 damage

Why would anyone be a mage in this universe?

Which one is that? the gargoyle one?
I am pretty sure I opened the source gate there since thats where I got the gloves from the Braccus set from.

Where's the Scoundrel skillbooks in the town after leaving the island?

Also, boy Pyromancy gets crazy when you start getting Rank 2/3 skills.

Oh yeah true I guess enchanter is just pretty strong to start out with then got through houndmaster easy since I just shocked and chilled the room

If you didn't open it by yourself (exit dialogue after inspecting the gate) Withermoore's ghost appears and opens it for you.

milk her

Is it true that if your MC is a custom you don't actually get to go through the dialogue in companion Origin content?

I need a good party composition for tactician mode. help

Fucking every fight in this game.
>Battle starts
>enemy throws some AOE bullshit (almost always fire) and hits every party member.

Fucking hate this. Why is it such a pain to unchain and control your party members seperately. Formations work like ass

Ah I see. Well I did it my myself, guess that explains that.

>every enemy is a battlemage that gets to move halfway across the map and attack 6 times
>every battle involves getting hit with every element of the rainbow.

I have to have Lohse caste rain every 2 turns to put out a fire or wash away poison.

>Come to Driftwood
>Get fucked
Jesus chirst this game

FIX THE FUCK ING GAME LAURIAN I CANT EVEN LOAD IN NOW

Game becomes so much more bearable on explorer.

Where the fuck is the mod to remove armor already?

>mfw 80% chance to hit is actually 80% chance to miss

>Agree to put down Birdie
>Ifan misses the shot
>Birdie runs off
uh

If you're only going to do one playthrough is it best to play an origin character instead of a donut steel?

And if so which one?

Yes

Whichever one you like the idea of the most

The sequel is simply not fun. I had a blast on tactician in first game because it allowed a shitload of approaches to encounters. Thanks to armor system alone the second game misses what made the first game so fun and unique, why even have elemental interactions if they can't really do anything to enemies worth shit? Why devolve a dice roll based resistances you can influence with debuffs to such a primitive and railroading dps-heavy system with only interesting thing going on for it being a teleport mechanic which feels more like a crutch this time and not merely a strategic option? Why a fucking taunt needs to go through a physical defence of all things? Why even a peasant have a magic shield powerful enough to not get poisoned by a giant cloud of magical poison? At best shields should stop the most powerful, purely disabling status effects - everything else should go through.

And it's not like the game doesn't have problems outside of shitty armor system. Do source powers get better in the endgame? Because right now they suck dick. The way game handles origin is retarded too, origin characters have some really cool things going on for them and you can't get them on pre-made characters. AP limit seems to be static and not influenced by your stats, cooldowns are too fucking long and so far the only thing that can influence them is one polymorph ability.

And the worst thing, figuring this stuff out takes way more than 2 hours so i can't even apply for a refund.

How the fuck do you beat the fucking torturer? Motherfucker can one-shot every single member of my party once their armor is gone. And I've been putting a point into Con on every character at every level up.

Fane has some nice Planescape: Torment vibes

Two years in early access and nobody said this armor system is fucking gay?

when you get companions you get to choose what class they are

is this a big deal or is it just a couple of starting skills

Of they did, but anyone with valid criticism got drowned out by yes-men.

No, they stat into their roles but apperently you can respec or something when you leave fort joy?

Im still on fort joy so idk.

What confuses me is, why do we have skills that straight up remove/protect from statuses, and promote teamplay ...but then the armor system on top of that?
Or why is GEAR where you get your armor, instead of stats/skills?

The armor system was this year, people complained, they didn't listen. Or listened to the wrong people. Source skills, same shit.

Cant decide if play with my own character and have Sebille as a partymember or play as Sebille herself

Help

She's a fucking bitch.

I totally agree, currently I'm waiting for a mod which removes the armour system and adds more hp to enemies in return.

I'm also fucking baffled, EA shitters literally ruined the game for me.

You can respec them but they won't lean different skill set sooo

is gog version out on torrents yet?

i purchased the gog version but my browser is bugged so icant dl it form there

Sebelle sucks shit, she's a fucking edgelord.

the correct choice is dump the whores and go full male party.

>Shitters crying that they can't stack initiative and cc chain every fight

luling out loud

No one cares if you purchased it or not, Of course the GoG version is out just go to skidrow.

>encounter has twice as many enemies as I can have party members
>they still get bloated stats ontop of that

Why don't you download it through GoG Galaxy?

>going to play with my friend
>can't decide what party to create for 5 hours by now
"He can't heal!", "We gonna play on normal!"
"Pick lizard", "LIZARDS SUCK"
"WHAT THE FUCK", "REEEE"
Send help.

How is huntsman compared to scoundrel? I want a finesse user in my party, but I am not sure if I should respec on the ship.

Yeah. A shitty fucking DPS race is so much more fun and engaging!

If you still can't realize that it's not a problem of difficulty but actually working elemental interaction system (which is what made the first game unique) you have a brain damage. I would even be fine with purely disabling statuses being resisted by armor but dot and other methods of crowd control have no reason to be resisted.

What you want is a generic JRPG combat: any opponent worth shit is immune to any status effect so the battles are simple DPS races. What are you doing in a CRPG thread is not clear for me.

how come no one, not even once, complained about the armour system in divinity generals on /v/? I've read like one hundred of these generals and NO ONE had brought this shit to attention.

I feel so cheated by Swen and I regret not pirating the game but now it's too late to refund it.

>keep the entire enemy team perma stunned
>watch the fireworks
>rinse and repeat

just play on easy

Are you being retarded on purpose? What's your endgame?

Scoundrel has better DPS, but is generally more vulnerable since it's a melee class. Rangers can do big damage but you have to put them at high elevation, but not all fights have one.

nice argument

It's a pain at first but by the time you get to the end of the first island, your physical fighters will be shredding armor and fire/poison will be shredding any enemies that have to walk through it.

Plus there's some Scoundrel and Huntsman skills that ignore armor, Tendon Rip punishes enemies hard for trying to walk away. I've seen enemies walk themselves to death trying to get out of fire after getting hit with Tendon Rip.

DO NOT take Sebille as a party member, either play as her yourself or kill her at the first occasion

Judging by these threads from the last couple of days since release, every one who doesn't have a problem with the armor system plays on Explorer or Normal.
Kniles is a fucking nightmare of a fight on Tactician.

Because it wasn't an issue during alpha. Although the game favoured stacking damage types, it was still playable on classic/explorer. This was DEFINITELY discussed many times on the /v/ threads.
The thing is nobody had anticipated Larian being lazy sacks of shit and only making tactician difficult by literally adding +50% damage and armour to all enemies.

Is Metamorph a decent combo with Scoundrel? Already have a Warfare dude in my party and not sure where to branch out with my mighty morphin' minstrel.

You don't have any arguments to begin with, drone. You straight ignore everything to whine about something they could easily fix without armor system. A fucking Underrail has a great system to deny perma stunlocks without hard countering all status effects for half of the encounter and a game is almost two years old.

I'm a brainlet but why do I have like 6 ap every turn when my stats page says I should have 14?

Also is there a site where I can see every spell available? Can't really choose a spec until I know what'll be the high lvl spells of them.

I'm on tactician, kniles wasn't even that hard if you think about it and prepare even a little bit before hand

The templar guy with the wand was way harder

>A fucking Underrail has a great system to deny perma stunlocks without hard countering all status effects for half of the encounter and a game is almost two years old.
Not him but what does underrail do in this case? It's one of the games I've had on my backlog for a long time but I've never really looked into it or played it

Is she prone to murdering NPCs or something?

Yes.

>but by the time you get to the end of the first island
Not on Tactician, no.
And i've seen the stats of the final boss already, they look baffling even for endgame. 10k armours of both type is a nightmare fuel material.

I kinda like the armor system. I suppose if I were to change anything about it, it would for them to be more resistance rather than a straight up extra health bar, so that when you deal damage to an enemy, you still damage their true health bar, but also their armor. The armor itself would then act as a kind of damage negation, so the more armor they'd have, the less damage dealt to their true health bar, and more damage the less armor they'd have. At the same time, resistances would also gradually weaken the lower the armor, so at full armor they'd still have 100% resist to CC and all that, and at no armor 0%.

But I think the concept as a whole is pretty novel. I really hated being CC'd to shit in the first turn of every fight in DivOS1 with the only way to resist being to stack all my points into the defense skills. I still have a lot of this game to go through, though, so maybe my opinion might change.

The one thing I hate is that you can still miss enemies that are knocked down.

Chicken and Chamelon have been pretty handy on Scoundrel, and Medusa can be cheesy with a owerful caster in the party. You don't benefit much from Flight, although you can get it a lot sooner than Scoundrel's teleport. My friend's playing a full Polymorph with a bit of Warfare and he's just running around tentacle raping things.

honestly, I could go through tactician even with this shit but hot damn, if it isn't the biggest unfun slog of my life

I'm having more fun at work, working my boring ass job than playing a fucking video game but all people can say to me is "get gud"

Poly finesse or strength based? Also, armor system is pretty cool, no clue what the fuck you guys are on about.

Will I massively gimp myself if I go 3xmelee like 2xRanger and 1xWarrior and a dedicated heal slut?

Is such a party viable?

I'm literally on tactician dude

You're just shit

Why would you play an RPG on Hard id it just slaps a multiplier on everything? Classic has been fine difficulty, with some Medusa abuse we've been able to take on encounters a few levels above us after leaving the island.

Underrail gives enemies a simple stun immunity for a few turns after you stun them for the first time. Meaning no perma stuns, you need to be creative with other CC options like psi walls to ward enemies off because you're alone and usually go against entire gangs of enemies.

that and she's an annoying cunt

companion tier list:

tier 1
beast & ifan

tier 2
fucking nothing

tier 3 annoying cunts
red prince
fane

tier 10 annoying SLUTS who kills npcs and do weird annoying shit
sebille
lohse

honestly best way to play this game is play as beast and ifan lone wolves.

Of course. Armor system promotes going all in on one damage type over the other. Having a well-balanced party is actually a detriment, because you half your party's DPS.

Rangers are ranged, friend.

Assuming you mean physical - depends on your difficulty.

>DPS
>turn based game

Str mainly I think, although the utility spells go great with either.

Oh, and Poly's spiderwebs ignore armor too. They can still attack, but only if they're already facing you or spamming AOE's since they can't turn.

It's more than viable, stacking single type of damage (either physical or magical) is encouraged due to how divinity 2's armour system works

You either go: 3 physical and heal/buff bot or 4 mages

Yes, at least as part of her quest line. I dropped her after I let her go "talk" to an npc and she just murdered him.

I can't tell how far along in the fort I am. Every time I think I'm on the right track to finding the draining wands I discover a whole new area. I think I've uncovered the entire map and rescued Grif from the magisters at the armory. What do I do next?

There are no abilities that require 4 ranks in the skill and 5 ranks just give you access to the one ultimate ability that costs 3 source points but usually isn't even that good. You can spread out a lot and get make very versatile builds.

>Go full physical
>Run into enemy with 400 physical armor and 0 magic armor
>Get fucked instead of being able to stunlock it from turn 1
Hell there's whole enemy types that only have one type of armor or the other, or no armor ever. It's mostly just Magisters that are fucking ironclad meatwalls.

This sounds absolutely awful.

Is pure summoner shit?

>spells requiring source points
who thought it'd be a good idea

How do you know that? But yeah, I noticed one of the skill books I'd found required 2 source points to be used. Doesn't seem that great to me.

Every point in a skill gives you secondary traits, though.

>come to gallows
>it's actually a gas chamber

>Playing Tactician with an open lobby for kicks
>Exploring arena
>Decline to fight because I know I'll get my ass kicked
>Somebody actually joins while I'm down there
>He initiates arena combat
>We get wiped by a level 3-5 squad

What stats for mages? Intelligence and wits?

I've checked out all the skills in the GM mode.

some of them are absolutely awful
it's better to get 2 points in polymorph and dump them into int than getting 2 last points in pyro since it will only boost fire damage while int boosts all int-related damage

Been doing summoner/hydro as the "healer" and my summons are carrying my damage and frontline in a lot of fights. Tactician in act 2 though so it could scale worse into late game

And some Memory since you're going to need a shitton of spells
Your staff/wands will always be relatively weak so you'd rather be casting shit unless you need the specific elements from your caster weapons.

I had zero interest in recruiting Sebille's leg munching cannibal ass, but when I actually ran into her I just had to off the edgy bitch.
Stalking kin for no reason, and then threatens us because she's too oblivious to hear four people casually walking up behind her.

Well?