/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Prototype edition

old thread >>NEW: warthunder.com/en/news/4953-development-update-1-71-the-new-e-r-a-digest-en

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

>Sound Mods:
moddb.com/mods/b0riss-sound-mod/forum/thread/support-for-sound-mod-in-warthunder-165153

1st for fuck this website

when ?

so, hol up.

fourth for átok when

Don't waste your time

5th for Axis teams will rise again

>nazi counting abilities

>4 people crash on takeoff
not as long as they're filled with tards like yourself

how is warthunder on linux ?

soha

still better than arcade players

Like War Thunder on Windows.

>arkaden

I have to say, I'm enjoying the Centurion 1 much more than I was expecting to. It's the first Brit tank since the Churchill Mk VII that can actually tank some shots. It's hilarious to watch how Germans struggle, having been used to point-and-clicking wherever on the enemy tank. Russians too, although they still can get lucky with Russian rounds and their slope modifiers.

It's going to be even funnier if Gaijin ever fixes APHE so it's not a sphere of death. Maybe then even Russians would have to learn to aim.

>tanks

Kill yourself senpai

Keep having fun, that's what's important.

this meme is old and husky. Get new one.

>if Gaijin ever fixes APHE so it's not a sphere of death
there's nothing to fix, sekrit documents say clearly that all APHE explode exactly like HE frag

Reminder, Day of the Rope for Teebs is coming on Patch 1.7.1

>Hesh nerf
>Rocket nerf
>but muh Chieftain Mk.10's Turret

Yeah, have fun playing that. You'll most likely get an ATGM to your turret, fucking up your barrel and completely disabling you since you have to get like 45k RP for just Parts. Not to mention, now the grinding towards the Mk.10 will be even more shit since they won't have HESH or Rockets to kill shit with. That 70% winrate is going down to 50% along with everyone else. That's balance, not having 4 Nations with a 50% winrate then have one with about 20% more than everyone else.

Its actually quite funny, even British and US players are tired of the CAS meme. They were complaining in chat how they take the Tank kills. They don't even realize that if it wasn't for British players and their RP-3 they wouldn't even be winning all the games they do.

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

no u

Also, ebin teams.

So how much of a clusterfuck will this patch be?

Depends on the balans))))) of the new top tier, there's really not much to it apart from that.

>chases nametags

>implying I do

It's this burrhurt user again?

When did your mother marry a brit?

>Still no destructible trains in air rb
>No rail stations and rail-lines either
>Still no ammo depots to raid
>Get no points when strafing tents and watch towers on airfields
>Ships are indestructible

Man this game has gotten boring fast...

>ships are indestructible

Nani

>P-51H, that overperforms Spit Mk 24, at 5.7
take wild guess

When they introduced EC I was expecting these things. Instead they just dropped it.

Gaijin attention to detail. They should make "Eh, that's good enough" their motto.

Fucking how, also pretty sure you can get banned for that for modifying files, unless it only shows up clientside?

Anyways whether thats hex editing or cheat engine, is it possible to use that to unlock all the tanks and planes in the game for you or not at all?

unlocking stuff is done fully server side. That's why when you buy stuff you need to wait second or few for request to be processed by server and sent back to client

>absolutely zero (0) missions based on bombing dams, u-boat pens, or radio stations just to piss off goering

>Giving bomber niggers incentive
Please remove yourself from the gene pool

pot calling the kettle black

get good shitter

Swedish tanks WHEN!?!

>posted from my very hard to use G-6
:^)

They're never going to be removed so might as well give them something to do.

>can get banned for that
You could, if someone really just doesn't like your kwel hot pink KV-2, Other than that Not really. Nobody really cares 99% of the time.
also you don't have to fear of any built in Red flags that auto reports you to Gijingles HQ.

>is it possible to use that to unlock tanks and planes
No way senpai, That would be server side just like trying to spoof unowned Decorations, decals, camo or conditions.

So when someone posts a image trying to put a bush on his tank and cant because of muh' intersections, Just take solace in the fact someone, somewhere is shitting in a asu-57 completely covered in 6 bush's in a sim battle.

fuck

>Air AB
>Ground RB
Those are the true patrician modes, prove me wrong

wrong

Air RB EC
Ground RB EC

;-;

I would say air SB but its been 3 years since air sb was good

>wanting nation more irrelevant than Italy
WHY?

The check to see whether an object can be placed on a tank or not is all done client side. So by using cheat engine you can place objects on places you normally could not, and also scale decals to larger than normal sizes

fuck off svën

So why are aircucks crying about not getting tier six when their endgame vehicles are already 9.0?

>battle rating is everything

Oh and you can also do custom colored smoke trails, but you can kinda already do that if you did some event ting like 3 years ago or something.
don't know how it works legit.

>implying tiers matter
ell oh ell

lmao!

Thanks for pointing out more things for me to report.

APHE still needs to aim your weak spot to be effective. While APDS is just shoot and forget, it'll pen anywhere. APHE using nations always needs to learn where to pen while APDS needs to learn internal of the tanks which doesn't change much. Muh brit tanks needs more skill is just the stupid bongs making exuse for their %70 winrate. If Gaijin ever fixes APHE, 122mm will do more damage, trust me KE on that round is fucking monstrous.

>tanks get composite armor
>planes aren't even allowed to have afterburners
and stop being an autistic supremacist, only good players play both

Dev server is not on yet. Slav genocide when?

>APHE still needs to aim your weak spot to be effective. While APDS is just shoot and forget, it'll pen anywhere
What world do you live in? Anything even slightly sloped is a big no-no if you're firing APDS, because the RNG is always waiting to fuck you over. Meanwhile APHE can wipe your crew by clipping the turret cupola.

>MiG-15 and 15Bis have basically the same armament
>15Bis has 2kg higher burst mass

the bullets have more gravity

while you're there

>can turn off engine in planes
>can't in tanks
>modelled cockpit in planes
>black screen in tanks
>fuel capacity and fuel load matters in planes
>fuel isn't a concept in tanks
>can open cockpit hatch in planes
>can't open a single cupola in tanks
>have modelled avatar in planes
>crew doesn't exist in tanks unless it's open topped
>different ammo belts in planes have different explosions and health pools
>all rounds blow up the same way in tanks and it doesn't matter if it has explosive filler, is an inert round, or two-piece
>engines can over-heat in planes
>can't in tanks
>can turn on cockpit lights for better view
>tanks don't even have headlights, despite some tanks having them moddeled
>different planes have different aiming reticles
>every single fucking tank has the same aiming reticle
>mass matters in planes and affects manoeuvrability and take off distance
>a Maus can drive over the flimsy, wooden bridge in Jungle without it collapsing
>planes have incredibly accurate damage models
>lol if you get shot in one specific area in your tracks in a tank the entire fucking thing is broken rather than that one slat
>have to return to an airfield to repair essential parts of your plane
>LOL here's a new barrel, engine, gun breach, transmission and optics you pulled out of your arse deep in enemy territory )))))))))
>wet ammo racks still aren't a thing
>rangefinders aren't working correctly
>infared doesn't exist
>spalling and shrapnel damage doesn't bounce around inside the hull

fuck off

>German pilot plays spectacularly
>Above me and P-47M
>P-47 decides to distract 109K while I go ground & pound
>Loses by ticket depletion
Fucking Nazicucks, how will they ever recover

>let's put an ATGM tank that can hide entirely behind cover at 7.0 because it's "bad"
>this will only go well

>shoot cupola
>optics ))))))
???

>Anything even slightly sloped is a big no-no if you're firing APDS
Stop lying cunt. When I first unlocked FV4202 I didn't even take a shot at Jagdpanther knowing that while playing USSR I couln't pen them from front. Then I said fuck it and took a shot at that sloped front armor. I was surprised it penned, from then on I kill that fucker with APDS.

>"bad"
>wasd missiles
>slowest atgm in game
>no armor
>becomes useless if machine gunner dies
How is it wrong to have it at 7.0?

speaking of fugvagen 4202, would it be easier to just grab it and maybe the charioteer for backup and use it to get from the firefly to the cent mk3?

>being bad
>not being good
and armor doesn't matter in ATGM tanks if you're using them correctly
barring the sheridan and starship of course because they actually have to show their turrets

>wooden bridge in Jungle without it collapsing
because its not modeled like this, collapsing bridge is modeled in el desert map. t95 collapses it

if you research a vehicle from previous tiers you'll get a fraction of rp

but you already have japan

>el alameme
>bridge
???

>189467079
No (You)s to anime-posters.

proofs

only -10% if researching a 1 tier lower vehicle IIRC

He meant Tunisia.

Yeah, but AP does damage in a very tight cone, but even the smallest APHE can somehow shower the entire tank in deadly shrapnel, which is both unhistorical and very OP.

4202 moved to Heavy line when I was griding it. I was arkaden chimping in my Churchill so it was so easy to unlock it. I only felt the pain of firely rest of the brit tanks at tier 3 shit like frifly except Churchill. Last time I felt this OP was 1,5 year ago in King Tigers clubbing IS and 1 year ago spamming Leo HEAT-FS. Germans got shittet on hard for their 1,5 year club reign.

So my advice go straight for the 4202 with Churchill. If you play smart you won't need back up. RP3 getting nerfed I would say take firefly attacker but just grind everything with 4202 untill you get Cent mk3. Brit 6.3 get downtiered 60% of the time so you'll have easy grind. Forget firefly it's a shitty tank.

idk, I tried researching 29-K using IS-3 and I remember I got ~400RP per battle while usually I get ~2.5k

if you research vehicle from more that 1 tier lower, like T5 vehicle with T3 vehicle, you get ~33% of RP you should.
if you research vehicle using previous one in tree you get +10% RP (though I could swear it was 30% 2 years ago)

>knock off a wyvern's wingtip
>30 seconds later he dies
>crashed

>Yeah, but AP does damage in a very tight cone
I don't even care mate that reload speed on brits is a something orgasmic for my after playing IS-2 for a long time. Just don't shoot the sameplace again.
>but even the smallest APHE can somehow shower the entire tank in deadly shrapnel
Nah APHE smaller than 88mm is pretty disapointing. But longest the tank you're shooting is small and cramped it's fine.
> which is both unhistorical and very OP.
Since tankers doesn't bail out after critical damage in this game and can fix the tracks and barrels without getting out of the tank in 30 seconds it's okay for both to be OP.

This shit doesn't count for premium tanks. Tanks you buy with goldy birds can unlock anything fast.

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

>paying for a virtual tank

>Nah APHE smaller than 88mm is pretty disapointing
if you pen crew compartment of hull with 75 mm APHE it's 80% OHKO, so hardly disappointing. Even 57 mm APHE there gets job done more often than it doesn't.

>researching fv+char is 200k
>have to grind through 253k just to get to start the cent 3 research
that settles it then

wrong, they have ceiling of tier effeciency, just no bottom, so you can do T1 and T2 with T4 plane without penalty.
Which is fucking nothing

nvm it happened when it was released with t95 and maus, glitch they say

>tfw nobody hosts custom games with tier limits
>nobody joins custom games with tier limits because they want to CAS rape in jets

I just want to have custom fun in tier 2 props and tanks. I'm so tired of using the Tiger II that I just want to race around in tier 1-2 shit again. It's literally impossible to convince people in already active games to stop their cunt seal-clubbing of all the various mid-tier props below them, but that's EXACTLY what most people seem to join custom games for.

Look, if APDS is OP, but it has historical penetration values, then it is a BR problem. APHE being OP is a systemic problem, because of how it was coded.

>nation that hasn't seen war since the 1800s

>fuel capacity and fuel load matters in planes

Speaking of, what fuel load should I take? I fly US planes, and take around 20min to 30min of fuel, so not full load but not min load either is that good?

Sim is comfy.

Depends, in AB it's irrelevant, minimum load just means burning less.

In RB, it matters only barely more, as most games won't take longer than 20 minutes unless there's a runner/spaceclimber

in SB, it's something you'll want to think about from plane to plane. What you'll be doing, how long it'll take, and if you plan to RTB mid-match.

Does the fuel load affect diving characteristics in RB? I think I remember that being mentioned somewhere but can't remember.

More weight means faster dive acceleration, but shittier climbing, too. Pretty sure it does effect it, just not as much as a full bombload or something.

why do we need control cables as a fucking module
my planes already shed all their control surfaces whenever I get hit, and if I'm lucky enough for that to not happen, it's a fucking control cable that's hit
seriously fuck off gaijin