/hbg/ - Homebrew and Hacking General

Metroido Edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC (embed)
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Sep 12] ntrboot is now compatible with r4igold.cc and Action Replay DS cards. gbatemp.net/threads/release-ntrboot-for-r4igoldcc-ards-ez-ardsi.483802/
[Sep 1] Anemone3DS is a new theme manager and recommended after what happened to the last two. gbatemp.net/threads/482804

>Switch
[Sep 5] 3.0.2 released, appearing to mainly expand multiplayer to new regions. Nintendo patched a major exploit with the release of 3.0.1.

>Wii U
[Aug 15] New browser hack method for Wii U on firmware 5.5.2 gbatemp.net/threads/480966
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684

>Vita
[Sep 7] TheFloW announced a plugin that circumvents npdrm. In theory no more buggy dumpers, just 1:1 copies of games. pastebin.com/ELptKruf
[Sep 4] New Adrenaline release. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
-Adrenaline no longer requires a base game or activation. You still cannot activate new Vitas to use PSN. Do not use MTLActivator and go on PSN, you will be banned.

>PS4
[Aug 3] 4.73 released, blocks MTX Key, ban reports on shared piracy accounts. wololo.net/2017/08/03/ps4-firmware-4-73-released-blocks-mtx-key-ban-reports-shared-piracy-accounts/

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Yn7jt6B1
notabug.org/Paul_GameDev/freeShop/releases
youtube.com/watch?v=wQc-Nt8wpLw
gbatemp.net/threads/wii-on-wii-u-virtual-console-injecting-games.483007/page-52#post-7577410
gbatemp.net/threads/wii-on-wii-u-virtual-console-injecting-games.483007/page-56#post-7578188
twitter.com/quarktheawesome/status/897401459536347136
twitter.com/quarktheawesome/status/905220639719428096
gbatemp.net/threads/480966
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dFGIZKU2F28GEftS7XTQ7HfHqLOC2IaCWdATU2eF8vA/edit#gid=1846044558
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

But Freeshop was removed from github

retard guide for NoNPDRM: pastebin.com/Yn7jt6B1

Reminder that DS ROM loading from SD was not worth waiting for.

notabug.org/Paul_GameDev/freeShop/releases

>didn't mention that the grand redumping is currently happening
>no mention of godmode9 update

>caring about the vita

Is there aniway to pirate spotpass stuff? I want to get Fire Emblem Awakening spotpass characters but since my 3DS is hacked i suppose i cant download it.

Wiiware on Gamepad WHEN

Quick question. I recently booted up my 3ds after not using it for a year to play metroid. I needed to repair the rom using the eshop, which then required me to update. I went through with the update and now I can't boot. I think I am running a9lh and cakes , and now I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

>tfw all emulators on Vita and 3DS except snes9x for o3ds are criminally unoptimized

Don't you just turn on wifi and connect? Some thread on Gamefaqs says to just find the option for it under the game menu.

I already grasp the way how primary exploits work, but not secondary exploits. Do you, something like Safehax, freakyhax, or soundhax first,then partake in stuff such as menuhax afterward?

Do you have boot_config.ini on your SD?

dumping physical vita games is a pain since you have to copy from gr0 to ux0 first.

Yes. Its in the root of the SD

Check it and see what you have, then try booting holding the respective buttons. I don't know if updating with Cakes causes a brick, but if it does you might be able to restore your nand.

Nintendont injected into wii vc with gamepad controls:

youtube.com/watch?v=wQc-Nt8wpLw
gbatemp.net/threads/wii-on-wii-u-virtual-console-injecting-games.483007/page-52#post-7577410

Has a bug where you have to unplug your wii u to get out of games.

Also forwarder uploaded:
gbatemp.net/threads/wii-on-wii-u-virtual-console-injecting-games.483007/page-56#post-7578188
I haven't tested this one yet.

>install Adrenaline
>everything seems to work
>enable a 661 compatible plugin
>C1-2858-3
???

leaving out PS3 and wii

I just copypasted the OP from last thread

Nintendon't with Gamepad controls is pretty newsworthy. Probably should've been added to the OP.

It looks like I am running a9lh and Cakes version 139.
Native_firm version is 9.6.0.

Not sure if that helps. It's been a while so I'm kinda out of the loop on this.

It's right there on the wiki, retard.

I'll say though, it's missing a PS2 article to this day.

Might want to wait for them to sort out the bugs.

OP left a ton of shit out. It's always some newbie trying to be cool and make the new thread.

Very well then.

OP here

I just copypasted the OP from last thread, sorry

Spoonfeeding in these threads generally encourages their shitposting.
fuck off

>[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint.
remove this from the next OP, no one is working on it anymore

are nonpdrm dumps compatible with ooverclock?

Source?

Yes.

Well apparently you connect to nintendo and then get some item to unlock. Dont want them to ban my console or something.

twitter.com/quarktheawesome/status/897401459536347136
twitter.com/quarktheawesome/status/905220639719428096

Not really being worked on because we got the new browser hack, add the stuff about Wii VC injects/Nintendont gamepad controls to replace it.

Pleaase respond to

Is it possible to play Samus Returns on a cartridge with a hacked 3DS? Haven't really fucked with any mods since ~summer/fall 2015, still have a 9.9 3DS looking to install b9s, will it be possible to update b9s to 11.4 to play Samus Returns?

someone please help

You don't need secondary hacks if you have a primary.

Did you try uninstalling whatever version you had and try grabbing a different one from a different source?

yes/no: we'll have a working freeshop for the vita before the end of the year?

New browser hack? I'm way out of the loop. Not OP by the way.

Not an "official" one, no.
There might be an app that downloads NoNpDrm games off a server somewhere maybe though.

maybe

We still don't have a freeshop for PS3.

>Wii U
>[Aug 15] New browser hack method for Wii U on firmware 5.5.2 gbatemp.net/threads/480966

It's been in the OP for a month.

Yes. I got three different ones and they all failed in the same way.

Huh. I didn't notice that at all. Any reason to update yet?

There's no reason to stay on a low firmware, so is that reason enough?

okay. Did you try a different SD Card?

Back up your SD, delete the arm9bootloader.bin, download Luma 7.0.5 and replace arm9loaderhax.bin, see if it boots. I don't know much besides this, I just replaced my Cakes with Luma and updated a9lh recently.

Some people just don't want to go onto the bandwagon of latest FW, you know?

I haven't touched my Wii U since BOTW, so I couldn't tell.

Hey, sometimes they patch important stuff.

I don't have a different SD card. The only other one I have is the 4gb that came with the 3ds which is out of space and still running a9lh.

If people have a genuine reason to then whatever, but I always feel if you have the ability to be on latest firmware then you should as you never know what the next one will fuck up.

I'll give it a shot. I updated Cakes, but it still wouldn't boot.

I think the whole point of being able to run Decrypt9WIP from boot was the ability to flash your NAND if something went wrong, but I'm not sure. It's been a while.

>Waiting for switchhax on 3.0.0
>played the only one game worth playing
>Gf wants to play BotW
>"Why not, it's just sitting there in the meantime anyways"
>Update notificationcomes up
>"Now just press "continue to software, don't update"
>Gf: "yeah no problem"
>A few weeks later
>Gf: "Sooo I accidentally updated"
>"Why the fuck??"
>Gf: "Well an update for BotW came out and I thought I was just updating the game"

So how fucked am I

we don't really know
it's too early for switchhax

Oh right, you can't manually install a firmware on Wii U, good point.

big time user. 3.0 is the only firmware we know of that had a huge vuln.

Someone please help, I have no idea where to start here anymore

reading the OP would be a good start

do the b9s guide

HOLY SHIT
O
L
Y

S
H
I
T

This worked! Thanks a bunch for your help.

PERFECT RELEASE IN ____F I V E H O U R S_____

Nevermind. Now none of my software will launch. Any ideas why that is?

sell switch + botw for $250
buy new one

any switch you get now will be

Ok, JPN 3DS, 11.4, latest Luma. Metroid from freeshop brings up a stack dump. What do?

Given how underpowered the 3DS hardware is, can you really blame them?

>tfw your card is pretty much full
I can't dump shit.

3DS a shit but I at least wish vba_next would run full speed on Vita.

if its digital you can trasnfer from your vita to pc directly.

Best fighting game on Vita?
Am not very good and would mainly want to play offline desu

>3dsiso
literally who cares. I don't know why people even use that place for discussion. you should go, search the game you want that's not on freeshop(some undub), download it and move on

Neat. Anyone know if dumped DLC can work with cartridges/PSN downloads?
I'd say UMVC3, but I'm pretty biased.

You don't have to, you can mount the game card over usb with vitashell, press start in vitashell, just make sure you remember to replace the work.bin

f00dhax when?

No. Nonpdrm are encrypted dumps, mai/vpk are unencrypted.

never ever

I don't know, but I'll be happy when it happens. I'll finally be able to import without weeping.
So nonprdrm dumps wouldn't work?

Anyone have the seed for FE Warriors New3DS (JPN) Preload?

They wont work with VPK/Maidump dlc/patches/translations (in some cases, the P4 one DOES)

I am Setsuna dump pls

Yes, I understand that, but will the newly dumped DLC work with the cartridge/PSN downloads? That's what I'm asking.

Hi Setsuna I'm user

Yes, because it's encrypted.

I'M HUNGRY

bump. Also my fbi and CIAngel are now gone.

>YES
TIME TO REPLAY GRAVITY RUSH
FUCK
YES

I'm going to try out the Superbeat Xonic DLC right goddamn now.

AND DARIUSBURST FUCK

Dead or Alive 5+. Be sure to get the 544p eboot resolution hack and max out oclockvita for a very solid 60FPS experience - docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dFGIZKU2F28GEftS7XTQ7HfHqLOC2IaCWdATU2eF8vA/edit#gid=1846044558

Please dump Dariusburst.

I'm trying to install the DLC for MH Stories EUR to no avail. Tried with freeshop and scanning the QR code with FBI. Has anyone had the same problem?

Is the DLC even out? I mean, stupid question, but yeah.

YOU NEED TO WAIT FOR A FIX.

JUST

Also, please dump the dlc for Gravity Rush.

Haven't touched my 3DS in months. Is it safe to update?