obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oA1e-HbptGg
artstation.com/artwork/LxQdv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>You can do anything edition
youtube.com/watch?v=oA1e-HbptGg

Is it actually worth learning Vulkan? I already have pretty extensive knowledge of OpenGL 4.x. As far as I know there are no device features that Vulkan can access that OpenGL can't, but is OpenGL going to be dropped in terms of drivers soon?

I mean, if a guy like Sam Hyde (regardless of to what extent he's playing a character) can get a TV show, book, and youtube channel then I'd call that pretty motivating.

no really dude, we got this

this thread must be deleted this is the real thread

Procgen doesn't have to be pure either. A lot of games use procgen as part of the manual development process - Just Cause 2 used a procedurally generated landscape with manual sculpting on top. Far Cry 4 used a coarse description of the world structure then placed individual objects procedurally. Procgen can be a tool to abstract level design away from manually placing objects - imagine if you had a tool that you fed a blueprint with a floorplan and ceiling height and it figured out the aesthetic details for you automatically. That kind of tool would be amazing.

does a coin pusher in UE4 sound like overkill

No, if I'm going to play a coin pusher I at least want it to look nice

People are still stuck in the mindset where the only thing they know as procedural generation is generating full levels like in Minecraft. The reality is that most AAA games released in the past couple of years use it for menial tasks like placing ground clutter and decals and such. Ghost Recon, Horizon, TW3, The Division, Uncharted etc. all use procedural generation. The work required to manually place every object in those worlds with that level of detail is out of scope even for massive studios. Procedural generation is the force multiplier that lets them create those things without needing to hire an additional 100 "ground clutter experts" that have no use outside placing crap on the ground.

Speaking of train hats: What's the dodgiest workaround you've ever put into a game to make things work?

But this ignores the role of procgen as a tool for replayability in games that don't need huge amounts of premade content.

Little time today but in my break I worked on making combats prettier.

I'm a responsable person and don't want to induce to much eye cancer down here.

Also started to think of a potencial name change for the game.

I'm building a loot section where you pick items from a grid.
I'm changing the character into a cursor and teleport him to a place dedicated to looting. Variables are determining the grid's look and items.

Finally, I feel content.

I've never seen this guy do anything funny

There is no need for hope as long as despair can be postponed

Eh, I think it's pretty analogous. You could hire more people to create levels, or you can make the computer do it. The problem is that your generator better be damn good or the results can be shitty enough to turn people off the game. While hiring ground clutter experts is probably not going to be worth the money, hiring level designers is much more likely to pay off.

Combat is in for our game by its cover game

What's a good way to do pathfinding in a 2D platformer?

Stuff like the JC series, farcry and elder scrolls are perfect examples of why procgen is always shit.
When you proc gen a landscape and then mold your design over the top of it, it end ups being mostly bland filler with few interesting features. Fully hand crafted terrain infinitely superior in terms of interesting features and gameplay, since every part of the layout has a well planned, justified artistic and gameplay reason for existing. The only thing proc-gen is good for is creating large amounts of filler terrain easily so that you can boast an 'X sized area' of content to naive people.

JC2 is the poster child of this, but oblivion was just as bad.

fix that damn hit lag

Guys how do I make a cyberpunk building in ue4?
Would basic shapes from blender and glowing colors be enough for it to look good?

Maybe learn what cyberpunk actually is

All right,maybe i dont know the exact word,but something like pic related,for example

Use emissive lighting on your materials.

bloom, emissive materials (try putting emissive > 1), primitives should do it. use 00ff00 etc colors

also it looks like there may be some AO to get some of those gradients?

artstation.com/artwork/LxQdv
you can see some ao in this breakdown

LMAO 2 THREAD

>this one has more IPs
>other one has more posts
What do

weird, when i started posting in this one it had way more posts

reposting here because fuck knows which thread will survive
redrawn pinata sprite, should look more like pinata now

this famiru

>angry Swede fighting ikea: the sim

Definitely. Good decision, user

how would you make a simple dos themed game like pic related on modern hardware without unity or UE or any of the game suites so the exe size would be as small as possible?