/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>New Panel Art as Free DLC
gematsu.com/2017/07/tekken-7-teams-renowned-artists-game-panel-art-due-free-dlc-september
>Eliza and Taiko no Tatsujin DLC
siliconera.com/2017/07/28/eliza-taiko-no-tatsujin-dlc-join-tekken-7
>Patch 1.05
sihmar.com/tekken-1-05-update-patch-notes/
>Patch 1.06
sihmar.com/tekken-7-1-06-update-ps4-xbox-patch-notes/

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/FSc2ZB4
youtube.com/watch?v=JBGGFSI8tZ0&list=PLCGemAOYrT9Lc9rLn30aSfdFdyBUzqyrd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

im gay lol

thanks for letting us know

3rd FOR KEKKEN IS DEAD

who do you main

King lol

predictabo

Just punished someone to death with Kazuya's 1, 1, 2.

Reminder that the Geese patch will delete Eliza from the game permanently and no one will give a shit

koreans will

YOU DON'T DO THAT.
YOU NEVER DO THAT.

I FUCKING PRESSED LOW BLOCK WHAT THE FUCK FUCK SNAKE EDGE

You can do it, user.

I heard that online ranks aren't stored serverside, but rather locally. Is this true? I ask because the hard drive in my PS4 died. Am I going to have to climb the ranks all over again? Sorry for the repost.

no idea man sorry, ive heard both

I don't have a ps4, but isn't your saves and stuff stored in the cloud?

You swap places with Harada and your job is to create the next patch. What are your top 5 things that you will work on first?

1. making my dick bigger
2. inflating my balls
3. oh fuck
4. big cum load
5. braaaaap

1. Add lei

port tag 2 to ps4
port tag 2 to pc
announce tag 3
work on tag 3
stop responding to shitheads on twitter and calling it work/listening to fans

When's this stupid mobile game coming out?

Already out, your phone can't run it.

Neither can mine.

>pick kazuya
>everyone deathmatches me
>pick leo
>constant one-and-dones

kek

Oh well

BUFF LAW

Unironically, how can you see him and not see how terribad he is now.

i delete tekken

So do characters get left behind between tekkens based on usage ? I mean im maining maven, and everywhere its shown as almost least used. Does this mean the chances are high they will exclude raven/maven from the next tekken? I done eant to waste my time learning her if on the long run i will have to learn someone else

just slide lol

how do a play as good as DSP

>everyone single one of miguels has some gay extension

ok

I wish that was enough.

Honestly even if they don't buff (or un-nerf) DSS they could at least give him less terrible ground options.

How long did it take you guys to build kbd endurance? My hand is dying when i do it on player 2 side.

can someone post a link to that very nice and helpful tekken discord server please?

discord.gg/FSc2ZB4

What's some fun FANG gimmicks I can abuse on unsuspecting players? No idea how to play him btw.

The next tekken is years down the line kid. And sure you have some secondary characters so it doesn't matter.

do you mean feng

literally just mash b+1.

ty senpai

Df1, df1, b1
Df1, df1+2
Df1 db3
Df1 b4
Df1 ss4
Df1 ss df3
Df1 b3+4,1
Df1 b3+4,3

Raven has been in tekken for a long time and has a unique enough moveset that she'll probably be back, but people thought that about Lei so who knows who'll be back

Do you think we get tag 3 or 8 first?

bears will never be taken out

>bring back Marduk
>fix ps4
>make cute costumes for Josie
>buff Gigas and Chloe
>fuck more cosplayers

Practice those sick alley kick mixups

You've been complaining about Miguel for like 3 threads now.
It's time to let it go, user

t.miguel main

1. Add 5x the amount of costumes.
2. Remove the feature that unlocks everything after 2000 completed matches.
3. Remove the entire journalist/narrator portion and its music from story mode.
4. Give Josie a bunch of new voice-acted Tagalog lines without removing the English ones.
5. Add guest character Mila from DOA.

i wasnt that other user complaining in the previous threads, i was fighting a miguel and was getting my ass beat and was salty. i learned the matchup on the fly though, it was a good set.

youtube.com/watch?v=JBGGFSI8tZ0&list=PLCGemAOYrT9Lc9rLn30aSfdFdyBUzqyrd

listen to this and it will change your life and make you better at Tekken.

Anyways, Ive been a Lars main ever since I started playing this game in Tekken 6 and I want to express my feelings thus far about the game as an online enthusiast. Take this as you will from the perspective of someone who only plays online.

Lars is pretty dope in this game and I dig the changes although I do miss my guy d/f+2.

Cant say I think his changes have affected him to make him bottom tier like most people have said. I wont say hes better than he used to be but to place him on the bottom tier seems really harsh. If you look at what has really changed, they seemingly made him better in terms of consistency. His combo game is not as retarded but his combo damage with and without wall is very good IMO as you get guaranteed 65-68 damage off almost every launcher no walls. great wall carry options, open ended combos, consistent damage, great pokes, great punish game, very solid mids, fun as fuck gameplay, dumb hair, lightning screw, uses IWR 3 better than most characters can, pretty good grab game ect. Dont buy that Lars is low tier propaganda. The only real things that really got nerfed about him are the removal of d/f+2 and no more 14 frame WS 1. Dont get me wrong those changes really affect him but not to the point where it would make him an obscure character.

Love the game and I think it is one the best fighting games Ive ever played if not the best.

>Remove the feature that unlocks everything after 2000 completed matches.
what would you do instead of this?

what rank are you atm with lars?

Add a proper tutorial for new players before it is too late.

Add all the costumes from T6 plus more

Frame data

Tekken Tunes on all platforms even if it is just old Tekken and Bandai games tunes

Better graphics on X-box One (completely unacceptable. (Kuma. has. no. fur. The X-Box one runs games more intensive than Tekken at 60 fps just fine)

Community feedback mode

promise one or two new stages every month or 2 months. The stages in this game are extremely bland.

kek you got me I am only a Juggernaut

>pirated tekken 7 to play locally with friends
>been a month playing, we all feel like we are getting good
>finally buy the game
>getting shredded even against begginer ranks

it truly is a pool full of sharks huh.

how do i get good at this

was curious, not being malicious

80% labbing, 20% playing.

Practice practice practice. Learn all your essential moves and learn kbd, but there is no better learning than just fighting against others.

Is it worth it learning how to parry?
i never see anyone parrying but it looks rad

low parrying? yes. some characters parry move? depends.

Is df1 plus?

Yeah but its not that important of a skill. Learning to block and punish properly is key, but low parries are part of that to a degree.

8 obviously
the trend of tag games has been 3 series games, tag

so we had tekken 1>2>3>tag>4>5>6>tag
so, 7>8>9>tag
15 years away buddy

No it's 0 on block which is really good.

what is good low parry combo for paul?

3,2 b1,2S! qcf1 d4,2,1+2

when is tekken x sf

Thanks

is xiaoyu bullshit? obviously my opponents (and I) aren't very good, but I'm getting the impression she kinda plays herself

It doesn't seem like I'm mixing my opponents up, they just can't block

She's bullshit cause she crushes mids.

>can't play a mishima huh?
>just play this broken peice of shit instead

>jack mirrors

Kino

I'm gonna play Jack

Anyone want to be Tekken friends?

you mean Chad-7

Can you change the soundtrack in 7? This dubstep shit is driving me nuts.

That mirror match was super silly.

PS4 has jukebox, PC has a Jukebox mod.

>jackken 7

feng going HAM

>beat guy
>Runs away
>New challenger
>Same guy

Rinse and repeat since it's 1:15am what an idiot just death match me

What the fuck is the point of giving you virtually no points for beating higher ranked players?

Unless you manage to find someone at your exact rank to deathmatch, ranking up takes fucking forever.

you shouldn't play just for ranks though, no matter what rank you are in, you end up duking it out with some other guy with more or less the same skill as you

>no matter what rank you are in, you end up duking it out with some other guy with more or less the same skill as you

Not if I'm playing secondaries and actually have fundamentals. People complain about smurfs in this game but it takes far too long to actually get out of the lower brackets - especially when nobody wants to rematch.

I like to rank up tho and since I work there's already a limited time I can play not a full capacity. I'd just like to rank up or have more opportunities to instead of just playing for fun

what characters would you recommend for a beginner?

not Katarina because I want to git gud over time and not just mash 4

Kazuya

Any of the newer characters except for M Raven are extremely simple and easy to pick up - but get pretty boring over time because they're so one dimensional.

Bryan, Jin, Leo are really good for a beginner

Paul, Miguel, Feng, and Law as well. They all have a lot of room to grow and learn the game with.

Bryan has to do real backdash cancel, and has more difficult 15f launcher.

Learning how to do a real back dash is good for a beginner.

And it's not a 15f launcher it's a 14 frame one so it's one step further in getting into frame data and learning the different frames for a launch punish. And when you transition to a character with a df2 launcher it's very convenient instead of doing fb2. You gain an ease of acsess.

Play who you want/looks cool. The op has a lot of information for you to make that decision.

Fighting someone 2 ranks away feels absolutely useless at yellow ranks.

I like how Bryan, Jin and Leo look

I've been watching the Fergus character guide, and Ling Xiaoyu and Jack-7 also look pretty cool, so I'll mess around with those 5 to see who I like the most

y'all are cool dudes

Yeah, but you can also learn not to use it as much as you should. I started with Bryan, and now that I have tried other chars, I still don't punish as efectivly as I should. You can get relatively high (vanquisher) even without using jet upper properly.

>U can get u to vanquisher without using jet upper

Huh? How will launch important stuff? What do you mean properly like side step jet upper? Or dash jet upper?

I mean properly like punihing whiffs and -14 whit JU. I usualy do f214 if its -15.

I strongly disagree bro. You must know how to punish -14 and 15 with jet upper even in green ranks.

>jack vs drag semifinals
>jack vs drag finals