War was so much cleaner and less violent during the 1700 and 1800's!

>War was so much cleaner and less violent during the 1700 and 1800's!

wow great thread
a one line strawman of an opinion hardly anyone has
great job faggot

>people believe Sam will get his in the end

Not an argument.

We all know it was better in the middle ages.

well it LOOKED cleaner

you mean it was better during the days of the Roman Empire

You mean the Bronze Age.

>being this jewish

Prehistory was the best.

>dude, war has changed! It's different from what it once was

I don't think anyone claims that, I think the claim more goes along the fact that it's more honorable.

Which is true, because now you have conflicts solved by obese american a-gender video game players that drop bombs on houses from half the globe away.

>believing in le honor spook

Pathetic

You don't because you've clearly never been in a street fight.

>You don't because you've clearly never been in a street fight.

Why would I?

I'm not a dumn animal

Cuck

Dumb fuck kys now

Isn't that technically true since more people died and more damage was done in the 20th century than that 18th and 19th combined?

It was certainly more "chivalrous"
This happened in the battle of fontenoy, 1745

>The French guards rose and advanced towards the crest, whereupon the two forces confronted each other at a distance of 30 paces.[85] The moment was immortalised by Lord Charles Hay of the 1st Regiment of Guards who later wrote that he stepped forward, took out a hip flask and drank with a flourish, shouting out to his opponent, "We are the English Guards, and we hope you will stand till we come up to you, and not swim the Scheldt as you did the Main at Dettingen."[86] He then led his men in three cheers. Voltaire's version of this famous episode has become proverbial. He wrote: "The English officers saluted the French by doffing their hats . . . the French, returned the greeting. My Lord Charles Hai, captain in the English Guards, cried, 'Gentlemen of the French Guards, fire .' The Comte d'Auteroche, then lieutenant of Grenadiers, shouted, ' Gentlemen, we never fire first ; fire yourselves."

neither have you if you think that rules and honor have anything to do with real violence

>arguing with lad outside of a bar and we get physical
>almost bit off the cunt's finger when he did a failed headlock on me
>he spit in my face and kicked me in the balls
>buddy of mine pulled out a knife and everyone scattered away
>some dumb fucking whore called the cops
Doesn't seem too honorable to me tbqh

Civilians were less affected by war before mass conscription and total war.

>more chivalrous
"The war killed soldiers and civilians directly, caused famines, destroyed livelihoods, disrupted commerce, postponed marriages and childbirth, and forced large numbers of people to relocate. The reduction of population in the German states was typically 25% to 40%.[77] Some regions were affected much more than others.[78] For example, Württemberg lost three-quarters of its population during the war.[79] In the territory of Brandenburg, the losses had amounted to half, while in some areas, an estimated two-thirds of the population died.(...) Much of the destruction of civilian lives and property was caused by the cruelty and greed of mercenary soldiers.[84] Villages were especially easy prey to the marauding armies. Those that survived, like the small village of Drais near Mainz, would take almost a hundred years to recover. The Swedish armies alone may have destroyed up to 2,000 castles, 18,000 villages, and 1,500 towns in Germany, one-third of all German towns."

Wrong, see

>swedish army

If you are referring to the 30 years war it happened in the 1600's

Wasn't it compared to the atrocities of the 30 year war in 1600's and the total war logic of the 1900's ?

Love posts like this

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

You're not a bright one are you