/wtg/ - War Thunder General

This Machine Kills Jets edition

old thread →

NEW: warthunder.com/en/news/4953-development-update-1-71-the-new-e-r-a-digest-en

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

>Sound Mods:
moddb.com/mods/b0riss-sound-mod/forum/thread/support-for-sound-mod-in-warthunder-165153

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/377799-update-171-preliminary-update-notes/&
warthunder.com/en/news/4973-news-happy-birthday-us-air-force-en
youtube.com/watch?v=2G5rfPISIwo
youtube.com/watch?v=lfAYKBPPh6c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>not posting the superior ordnance display version

First for m22 kawaii

>inna Centurion
>destroy two Tigers one Jpanzer
>get assist on Panther, die
>play the rest of the game in Comet, kill a Panter
>win
>still lose money
What the actual fuck is wrong with the economy? Are the Centurion repair costs THAT high?

OTOMATIC fucking WHEN?

>120 rounds per minute 76mm gun
>6km range
>OF-40 MBT hull
>strenghtened barrell, could fire HE and APFSDS, too
>120 RPM of APFSDS
>120 RPM of APFSDS
>120 APFSDS per minute

*outruns you*
*tanks your .50 cal shots*
heh, nichts personell

How bad is the HESH nerf lads? Should I stop playing brits now?

It's a struggle to make lions when I play tier 4 brits and I have no idea why. Got better once they reduced caernarvon costs but the FV4202 is way expensive compared to the cent.3 for no discernible reason

>*tanks your .50 cal shots*
redtails.webm

I gotchu fąm

thanks famalamadingdong

>when you piss off you ground service so much, they replace your Mk 108s with MG17s just to spoil your K/D

Managed to set up my joystick thanks to user's youtube guide, also found out about head control, especially the moving upward one which is really nice for cockpit view.
Now I need to practice flying the plane and leading target
P. S: I fucking hate these beams that obstruct view, too bad the single missions restricted planes you can fly so I can't practice in my favored ones.

Daily reminder that Chieftain mk10 is from 1980, yet no Keiler(1969), Leo 2AV(1976), Leo 2(1979) and M1 Abrams(1980)

Daily reminder that Chieftain mk5 is from 1976.

Daily reminder that teeb cancer prototypes from the 50s(FVxxxx,Cnarvrn) are fighting Tiger Is and IS-2s

Daily reminder that Spitfire still have an arcade FM.

Daily reminder that teebs are the biggest handheld subhumans on this planet.

I suspect the Wehrmacht are behind this post

>Spitfire still have an arcade FM
actually they have one of the best most accurate RB FMs in the game, they're just that good

>Spitfire still have an arcade FM.
proofs?
otherwise I agree with you, teebs should be gassed
t.eeb

Check out the forum, it's full of teebs. Addition of Brit GF brought lots of rubles to Gaijew. Ofc they're going to be handheld, Anton loves anglo pound. Only smart people able to understand Russian Bias is a reddit meme. There is only one bias and that is the which nation players pay the most shekels

*burns you to 550km/h*
*deploys flaps and UFOs behind you*
nice try jerry!

>bombs and rockets
you just know this is going to be the loadout of the average burger pilto, going straight for bases and soft ground targets in ARB

Add T-64A, gets ammo from 1968 and it's underperformig ))))))))))))))))))))))) UFP armor is underperforming by 150mm less towards KE 50mm less towards CE ))))))))))))))) Max 40km/h ofroad )))))))))))))))))) 3BM12 missing 100mm penetration ))))))))))))))))) . Where the fuck is Russian Bias when you need it.

*Shows you ( ) a little trick he has learned.*

Holy crap, these tournaments are so frustrating.
I can't even tell how I'm going to get 'better' at these mirror dogfight situations. There's no strategy that's apparent to me, except what angle off the horizon to turn your circle...
What am I missing? Do I just need more practice?

funny how if japan was allowed to fight with germany in RB, we'd see teebs do the same kind of false flagging for japan

MEC

GodDAMMIT. I just want to play Conquest, I don't none of this Domination bullshit.

>The Wehrmacht existed between 1950 and 1981
Only a teeb ape can be this stupid.

>german tanks are so good that they have to fight other tanks from 10 to 20 years later

i want vehicles ranked by their production date

hmm

I wonder who could be behind this post

Only a subhuman non-anglo wouldn't understand the meaning of the previous anons post.

>decide to fly some arcade
>chase a pe-8 down to the ground so my team mates can deal with him
>get a private message from him after the match
>"noob"
>check his player card
>laugh
he has 96 matches in RB and 0 in SB

>inna KV-1E
>take position on flank of enemy team trying to take cap
>they spot me, 2 at cap starts to shoot at me, while another 2 flank me
>kill one on front of me, retreat behind cover, kill one flanker, other one damages my turret
>turn entire tank and kill other flanker while he reloads
>return to overlook at cap and kill another 2
>after battle, see there's unopened chat message
>"reported for aimbot, enjoy your ban!"
never gets old

>he has 96 matches in RB and 0 in SB
h-how is that even possible?

>calls other noobs
>flies bomber
arcade ***aces***

when will the reppuu stop feeling like a downgrade from the zero?

Is anyone else getting constant full uptiers in air RB?

t. Akahige

i can confirm that the reserve tank exploit still works, you just have to make sure that you don't have any RP for any other vehicle yet

explain

Yep, and getting lots of mixed battles too, never had that before in my lower BR plane

Gameplay with 90% jets is weird to say the least, I'm fucked once I'm below them or one gets on my tail because another one or another two are soon to follow, then I have three on my fucking tail passing by at high speed and trading shots.

so is the dev server over again or what

yes

I made a tutorial video

well shit how about that

Thanks user, now I can do this whenever FInland or Stalingrad come up, you're a real trooper

>too bad the single missions restricted planes you can fly so I can't practice in my favored ones.

What do you mean?

>Test flight > Mission editor

Soooooooo /wtg/ i want to play this game again

its been a year since the tanks update and the complete screwing of WT

how its this game ATM, is arcade Fun again or is the shitfest os yaks german ufos as before? Did they finally Introduced MUH MARAUDER?

>Soooooooo /wtg/ i want to play this game again
don't

>Soooooooo
>>>/reddit/

What's happening to my HESH?

105mm is going to get nerfed to shit but the 120mm will probably act like 1.69 105mm hesh

it completely sucks that warthunder becomes more and more like world of tanks, especially in ground forces
>autistic prototypes
>constantly add new garbage vehicles instead of fixing the old ones
>fucked up economy
>ruin the gameplay by making everything "fair" and "balanced"

ground forces is playable until tier 5.0, everything above that is pure cancer

holy shit, i couldnt give less of a fuck if they would give you a economy boost when you fight in unfair battles, i wouldnt mind

How is it getting nerfed?

i think it only works with tanks

>it completely sucks that warthunder becomes more and more like world of tanks, especially in ground forces
yaaaaaaaawn

Those are tank maps

>i think it only works with tanks
with what else it could? Planes have either no or unlimited respawn, so obviously exploiting respawn limit wouldn't work

fugg i saw norway and immediately thought of the garbage plane map, i almost never play tanks

>The slope effect against HESH rounds at 30-10 degrees angles has been updated. Penetration at these angles has been reduced. Source: Becтник бpoнeтaнкoвoй тeхники — Source “Effect of 106 mm HESH rounds of the recoilless gun against monolite steel armour”

forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/377799-update-171-preliminary-update-notes/&

Doesn't seem that bad. How will this effect me

The worst part is they changed the post-hit effect. Now the fragments fly at 90 degrees from the armour not straight from the shell.

This means hitting IS-6 frontally will only kill the driver and that if you are lucky.

The tank that's gonna eat shit the most due to this nerf is FV4005. One shot kills will be a rarity for it not a 95% guarantee; with paper armour and 45 seconds of reload it will be unplayable.

Yes but at least british tanks won't be able to one-hit-kill their opponents, making them on par with other nations))))))))))))))))))))))

>>on par with other nations
>every other nation has APHE or something similar
>brits now go back to APDS sniping
great

>This means hitting IS-6 frontally will only kill the driver and that if you are lucky.
Not it doesn't. Unless you mean that shrapnel from HESH works like HEAT, you'll still be able to oneshot kill IS-6's from the front.

And shrapnel can still pass through the driver.

Post cold war theme songs

youtube.com/watch?v=2G5rfPISIwo

Ironically wot is more enjoyable as a game to just jump in a dick around in a tank but huge problems exist in wot
I can't realy enjoy anything abve 4.5 and post war shit has already gotten to that low of a br in the game as is. I think the big problem is gijian wants to make anything thats popular op so it draws in even more players while also giving what ever is currently popular a lower br then it should so it fights things that have to completely out smart and out play it to even have a chance.

>And shrapnel can still pass through the driver.
Yeah but it will go straight down following the vertical vector perpendicular to the frontal plate. That fucks particularly with the FV4005 meaning no shot will be a OHK with it, you're stuck for a 40 seconds reload and you have to waste another shot to get a kill.

It's not like people play the FV4005, anyway. I'm more concerned about how the 105mm HESH and 120mm HESH will play out, since that's way more played than the shitbarn.

I'm lost at what you mean, since I haven't played the last dev server open. I did the first, when it initially came out, and I was still oneshotting niggers with my Vickers MBT. Unless they've changed it after the first dev server release for 1.72, idk.

>youtube.com/watch?v=lfAYKBPPh6c
You can see what i mean at 12:50, one shot the IT-1 no problem but takes several shots to kill the T-62, many of those shots just stop at the driver/fuel tank and do nothing

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

THAT'S NOT HOW HESH FUCKING WORKS

Just went on a 7 kill game in my p47. This thing is amazing

10/10 Picasso reincarnated

I just got a GE wager, win killing at least one enemy. Wat do? (I only play tanks, germans to 6.3, slavs to 8.0 and brits to 5.3)

Now it is :^)

Enjoy it while you still can.

Small family company
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

CAS abuse in ground RB would be the easiest way but since you don't play planes that's not an option for you.

Thinking about taking a long break. Anyone can give me rundown on World of Warplanes? There's no general on Veeky Forums

It's not really worth your trouble even arcade is better off but hey if you want to try it go ahead

>Anyone can give me rundown on World of Warplanes?

It's dead and wargaming pretends it doesn't exist. No love lost since it was a really shitty game.

I would be surprised if wg hasn't abandoned it by now

>m60a1 and a2 get much needed armor overhauls
>they're now completely worthless with the mbt70 doing everything they can do 10X better at a similar BR
Its not fair my dudes

when

Panther?

WRONG - Sherman

Why do people spectate entire fucking matches?
Killed some shitter mid-match, then he proceeded to watch the next like 15 minutes of the entire match. There were like 4 people spectating. Why don't they just go play another match? I don't fucking understand. And it seems like it's always the slavs who spectate the entire match.

I often alt tab and go do another thing if I don't feel like playing another game right away or I know I will get the next upgrade once the game finishes.

Fair enough, but some were actively commenting .

This isn't disguise though. After finding out that M4A3E2s shows no reliability problems from increased weight, Creighton Abrams came up with idea of uparmoring his Shermans using plates scavenged from wrecks.

I know I was just commenting on how it resembled a Panther's profile from the front a little

I like to take pics- often of planes I never flew and only saw in the preview

These two R2D2's were in a dogfight for the longest time

Who knows, maybe they enjoy it. Why do you care?

Curiosity is a great thing

>belts filled with HE
>overpenetrates

George Lucas nuked when

Nigga died tho

>This Machine Kills Jets

It can't even outclimb 5.7 props.

It's garbage.

The only not terrible WG game is WoWs. Shit is legitimately fun.

funy thing, Lucas claimed that space combat is Star Wars is inspired by WW2 dogfights. At least how he imagined it.

woops didn't mean to quote

Pure sex