/assg/ General

I Can't Believe It's Not Me Edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical multiplayer slasher game where 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them.
deadbydaylight.com
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
A slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats and abilities try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one.
f13game.com

>What is Last Year?
Beta coming this October, Class based with weaker killers.
lastyearthegame.com

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (DbD)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/16/1471967615869010456/

>Skill Check Simulator (DbD)
www.mistersyms.com/tools/gitgud/

>Spring Break DLC Trailer (F13)
youtube.com/watch?v=8x9UqF5A660

>Who Do You Main?
strawpoll.me/13774461
strawpoll.me/13774470
strawpoll.me/13414504
strawpoll.me/13414516

Extra vote for funzies
strawpoll.me/13855362

Died like a bitch:

Btw I forgot to update the Killer poll, but I doubt anyone will actually main Leatherface

>play first match as killer
>slap a survivor with my axe
>she starts shining a flashlight in my eyes when I vault a window
>LMB blindly and knock her into dying
>instant d/c
>catch another guy less than a minute later
>instant d/c
>other two are good sports and stick around
>gimme the slippy once or twice with some clever juking
>get them anyways
>gg and apologize that they got screwed by their teammates quitting the second they went down
>d/c without a word
Y-you too...

Welcome to playing killer buddy, enjoy your stay.

>flashlight memers

most survivors who actually use flashlights are dicks honestly. they're trying to be their le epik favorite streamer and get sick jukes for their 2 twitch viewers. i find the chillest survivors don't use them

are any of michael teachables worth it? do I 100% need to grab them?

So what's the point of the Hillbilly now when Leatherface is him but better?

why no one mains the hag if she's so powerful?

Billy has map control. Leatherface has insane basement and hook game.

Dying light maybe? Other than that not really unless you want a specific build.

LF is not him but better. They have completely different playstyles. Just because they both have a chainsaw doesn't mean they're similar.

>Hillbilly: can snipe people across the map, way faster, better chase game
>Leatherface: much slower, suffers huge penalty from incorrect insta-down hits, good for punishing unhooks

Threadly reminder that blue names are literally the worst

is everyone playing killer? takes ages to get a match at rank 16

what are blue names?

It's a rank color

what does fdp mean?

>claudette with all black clothes complaining
every single time

fucking dick penises

Reminder that wraith is for cuddling not bullying

how the fuck do you hit great skill checks?

they're so fucking small

sprint burst or lithe and why

CUTE PHILIP

With SB you either are forced to walk everywhere to save it or hoping that your exhaustion will time up just right during a chase

With Lithe you have way more control over when you can use it, though it only activates if you're in a chase

So, personally, Lithe. I especially like it with Quick and Quiet

Post salt mining loadouts.

>hue tries to teabag me at the end
>charge ew 3
>down him

Urban evasion

>Sometimes we turn invisible using an evil bell, not to go on a murderous rampage, but to see if anyone noticed that you vanished from sight

poor baby!

i love you!

Git gud and always have 60+ fps. It helps me to focus on the success zone instead of the pin itself.

Doesn't distressing give them a shitload of time to hide?

Not him but thats the thing i guess.They die anyway

>keep trying to play as killer
>game starts loading after everyone readies up
>load bar fills up and sits there for like 5 minutes, then the game starts with only one or two survivors
The fuck is going on?

why do people do this?
also he had like 600 ping, really tempted to camp this nigga.

It's beneficial when you stack it with Unnerving Presence, especially after it got buffed.

People left before the game loaded.

You have to hit space a little bit before the ticker actually reaches the box.

Most survivors rend to bitch off a generator when they hear the heartbeat/hum, so i'm just buying time for myself. Once i hook one usually it leads to hatcheting everyone else who attempts to save them.

because sometimes the killer leaves before you unload all your toxicity

you'd think nobody was doing this because the ping check is RIGHT FUCKING THERE now, i dont get who the fuck would stay in such a laggy lobby unless theyre brand new and dont know any better

or they got dc'd. i was getting kicked from load screens left and right during the last blood feast

>4 faggots DC in one game
why is this allowed?

Survivors are the real antagonists in this game. The entity is probably god punishing these sick and twisted individuals. The killer is just their warden, whether they enjoy it or not they're just doing their jobs. Obviously the game's setting is some sort of limbo/hell dimension, maybe these cunts deserve whats happening to them.

But seriously, if you're gonna let someone's name bother you then I have no idea how you manage to survive post game chats.

>second ever game as killer
>put against full premade
>obviously coordinating via voice
>obviously smurfs, as I learn the hard way what "pallet looping" is
>shining flashlights at me from across pallets
>generally playing in a very annoying way rather than hiding/running
>every time I hook someone there's two guys with flashlights ready to run up on me and unhook their buddy
>move away from the hook but linger in the area busting generators
>catch them with throwing axes when they go to unhook
>slowly round them all up and hook them
>game ends
>HOOK CAMPING FAGGOT KYS
>FUCK YOU CAMPER REPORTED

Anytime 3/4 people join instantly just either leave or use the 500+ ultra rare op addons you give yourself :)

I just hope they start banning rage reporters. Personally I think its a complete waste of the dev/mod's time to have to skim through all that bullshit. Could you just imagine some of the shit they must see on a daily basis?

someone last thread got banned for unsportsmanlike behavior. how do you even verify that?

>not getting flashlight saves
they always get downed two seconds later and you get facecamped if you ever get caught but it's addicting as fuck

3(THREE) instadown huntresses in a row

how do you make this work? i have never been able to successfully stun any killer with the flashlight

What's the deal with Claudette players and why are they always fucking unsportsmanlike cunts?

>several doctors in a row with teammates who have no idea how to deal with him

WE ARE MANY

timing and accuracy. they nerfed them where you have to aim exactly at their camera, in the old days you could blind from the side too, and sometimes even through their skull

>haddonfield
how do I stop getting memed on this map? people juke me all the time jumping from the house

By the amount of reports, of course.

it's all timing on the pick-up animation. Killers can't get stunned unless they're carrying someone or they're cloaked as wraith normally it just blinds them which frankly isn't nearly as useful so much as it is just being an annoying little prick. If you're wanting to get good at it, throw on a yellow flashlight with batteries and nothing else (green doesn't stack use the yellow and brown to equal the green). Putting on effect add-ons will just throw off your timing similar to when you're learning nurse. Throw on empathy and streetwise if you have 'em as they'll help you 1) be close by when the survivors goes down and subsequently picked up 2) get more use out of your flashlight. The timing you're looking for is just before they secure the body on their shoulders, time it right and you'll get the blind just as they come out of the animation and get the drop. Too early and you'll just blind them while they're locked in the animation and not get the drop, too late and they'll turn away before you can finish the blind. I find it helps to delay yourself just a bit since it's better to be late than early because you can still get a late drop if you're lucky but too early and it's just going to cost the killer a second or two. Watch this one for the timing on a perfect drop with no add-ons.

The power of the black shirt tempts shitters and they fall into a rut and do little else. Similar to how Jakes were all insufferable pre-sabo nerf even when they weren't running it.

Heres what we know so far:
>Get enough reports against you and your account will be flagged and sent in to be reviews by their mods/staff
>Reports from killers against survivors are weighted more heavily than survivor reports against killers (1/4th)
>Reports of hacks/exploits require video proof - I'm assuming they have access to your chat logs so you don't need to provide proof if someone called you a nigger or w/e
>DCs / Leaving the game for ANY REASON, exploit to keep your items or not, will be tallied against you automatically. Doing so too many times for any reason can get you banned. So People can still exploit to keep their items every few games because the devs are lazy cunts.
Thus not fixing the problem at all.
>Streamers seem to be exempt from getting banned since Angrypig is still playing
>Depending on your offense, you will recieve either a warning, softban, temp ban or permaban - soft bans restrict you to only playing with others who are soft banned (or maybe put you in a lower queue priority, not sure on this one)
>According to other people on here, DBD has taken a few extra steps to catch hackers more quickly - of course no system is perfect, not even VAC

I doubt they'd ever doubt for that because that instills a fear against reporting like 'what if it's not toxic enough and I get written up instead?'. I can imagine they'd mark people as 'low trust' reporters if they abuse the system like they did in LoL.

On a side note, I remember people in dark souls 2 and 3 saying that they could circumvent softbans by using the family share feature on steam. Someone should test this out :^)

black shirt?

Oh and bans will show up on your steam profile like vac bans but with their own tag "Last Game Ban X days".

How do they tell the difference between legit DC and not? I sometimes get periods of time where I DC from the load screen a lot. Does it tell the difference between in-game DC and not?

No longer a thing to my memory, unless I'm going insane, but you know that Claudette shirt with the black hand print and red main body? Imagine that, but black with a red hand print instead. It drew all the shitters to it because you were pretty much invisible and they just never left Claudette afterwards.

the black shirt is still in the game, it just got a red border

This just feels unfair.

They don't. And theres no appeal process for TEMP bans, they stated this very clearly on stream. If you're really worried about it though I'm sure you could send them a preemptive email explaining your situation and asking for tech support. Then again, whats to stop a dc abuser from doing the same thing and getting their account exempt from this process too? They NEED to patch the exploit or this is only going to get worse for everyone involved.

This "process" is entirely new, like it just got added a week ago and subject to change.

Still nigh-invisible on the Macmillan estate or any other blue-toned map, especially with dark regents

Wraith is for putting out of his misery.

>No longer a thing to my memory
Do you happen to have the memory of a goldfish?

what do I do when I start getting juked? chase someone else?

What killer?

DELETE THIS HORRIBLE PICTURE

PHILLIP NOOOOOOO

Try to aim for the blind after the survivor is already hoisted onto he killer's shoulder, near the end of the animation, if you start too soon you'll blind them, but it won't do anything.

trapper/myers/billy, specially on the Myers Map

Alternatively you can just be a cunt and use a purple suntube because those take no effort at all.

>news articles about DbD on steam
>"NO MATTER WHAT YOU'RE DOING IN DBD YOU'RE CONTRIBUTING"
>spend the entire match getting chased, downed, grabbed
>escape
>chased, downed, grabbed
>killer doesn't camp me but is on top of me, exclusively, any time I'm not hooked
>score of like 2000 blood points because the killer was on my ass non-stop so I couldn't get anything done
>everyone else leaving with ~16,000 blood points each
y-yeah, glad I'm rewarded for contributing so fucking much

you contributed by sacrificing yourself so everyone else could do gens and get out :^)

You can't always catch a good juker but you can play around them:
>Trapper has it easiest on that map since you just have to put traps outside the windows of each house that has a gen in it. You can even place them below windows that drop directly to the ground floor, since theres usually a fence or hedge right outside these windows survivors typically fall directly on top of your trap when they land.
>Billy can just use his mobility to get from gen to gen since the map is so tiny. Even if you can't catch a survivor you can basically deny them the ability to progress until fuck up or give up
>With Myers I recommend using EW1 and monitor & abuse as long as possible since visibility is pretty restricted on that map. This is probably one of the easiest maps where the Shape can grab people off gens.

I can't tell you with 100% certainty when you should just "give up" on a chase since there are numerous factors to consider (map layout, perks in play, survivor's experience). You're gonna have to make that call yourself after you've had some experience. I defiantly recommend getting Overcharged and just focus on denying gens if you're struggling with chases. As long as there are 2 survivors alive and they don't have a key then they are stuck with you until those gens get done.

I'm aware, but I got nothing out of it, personally.

that was a joke buddy

>play survivor
>only cuck doing gens
>play killer
>2 gens done in less than 30 seconds
why

So, I'm on the fence about picking Dead by Daylight up.

One thing I didn't get during the trial was how the fuck you're supposed to progress. I got to level 9 with Bill (in 7 hours of play) and only ever saw perks twice, and neither were all that useful, and didn't carry over to other survivors. From what I gleaned from the tutorials, I have to get him to level 30, and then there's a *chance* that learnable versions of the perks will appear in the bloodweb, randomly?

It just seems like assembling a bunch of perks would be a grindy nightmare just to remain competitive with other players who have been around a lot longer, and it'd pretty much lock me to specific characters. Is that the gist of it?

You get 1,000 points every time you stun a killer with a pallet. Breaking LOS causes the "chase" to end giving you (300? 400 points?) a pop, and this can happen multiple times in a single encounter. If you're a flashlightfag you can always blind the killer for even more points. Do this well enough and they'll stop chasing you and probably ignore you for the rest of the match. Then you either do gens or go open a gate for some extra BP.

I often play a meme build when I get bored and just let the killer chase me for 4-5 gens. I usually leave these games with more BP than anyone else in the match.

Its $9.99 you fucking bum, just buy it.

9.99 is a lot of money for NEETs with no jobs who sit and weigh pros and cons of buying video games extensively on Veeky Forums

>F13 still has over 1k players
Fucking how?

Hey, easy, I have a job, business has just been slow this month.

>"I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW JASON VOORHEES!!"

>when the peer2peer kicks in and you teleport right into the killer.

>When the peer2peer kicks in but in your favor and you gain super teleport speed
ALMOST makes up for all those unplayable lagfest games.

post yfw you spawn in and are completely surrounded by generators

Because it's fun
It's also a lot more diverse in terms of hide and go kill rather than DbD where it's more of a competitive arcade game. Both have their own merits imo.

I approve

how do I play EW1 Myers? he's slow as fuck you can catch maybe 2 people but I don't see myself spending the entire match at ew1.

how many lobbies do I have to cancel before 1k ping retards release they should fuck off?

>F13
>hide

get the doc perk that reduces terror radius
walk through a window while their doing gen and grab them off it.

Did you set your steam download region to somewhere close by?