ace-infinity.bngames.net/

>
infbuild.sorairo.pictures/#011n010001010000000000000001

>
youtu.be/y0Kyw7xXFvg

>
asm.aceinf.glasscore.net/

>
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eP07-JbjTjXkD5nQlNkC0I8WidP_AXD1K4S9jESx-Jk/edit?usp=sharing

There's five Yellows!!

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/NzWjv
youtube.com/watch?v=AtBaCEZJfJA
youtube.com/watch?v=e3-5YC_oHjE&list=PLEsW0I4D4LQZBv9sD6ehHcyy6LQiJqIb-
youtube.com/watch?v=aCUofOCiZo4
youtube.com/watch?v=Ek_xtxtthC4
scribd.com/doc/156183172/MiG-25-and-MiG-31-pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't feel a pressure to be here. Anyone else can pick up the new thread.

>Aquila Edition
And suddenly it is relevant

Don't ded already

Sentinent planefu can revive it

>all the players are flying hornets.
disgusting.

How much art do we have of non-Flanker Yellows?

I know we have a few with the Wyvern and an ACX F-14 skin, is that pretty much it?

That's a sad pic

we have pak-fa too but i dont have it on me

To the guy asking about the fantasy planes, here's that picture I mentioned

Good taste tbqh

That's my only piece of Yellow art I did so far I think beyond some really old stuff.
Other than 37s, it's a Wyvern or two and I think there was talk of a Su57 at some point
There is also a Fishbed floating around somewhere

And here is that other guy's designs

These are some beautiful designs, thanks.

I still highly recommend flicking through the Nausicas manga, it has one or two more fighters and all those tandem wing transports, I think they called them Corvettes

>#343
what happened to Ace Combat General #342?

We had two 341s

It got Belka'd
Brady accidentally named #342 #341

ah ok

The #342 doesn't exist!

Saw user posting my F14 skin and decided to give it more work.
Here more angles and texture:
imgur.com/a/NzWjv

Sweet user, thanks for sharing!

Would that mean that Mobius 1 flies a Su-33 now?

Do you guys like anti ship missions? They're some of my favorites.

hell yeah. sea of chaos

My favourite part is when the ships jam the hell out of you.

No, no, the best part is your missiles taking 6 months to reach their targets. That's some riveting shit right there.

I've added a bit more detail to my Harrier/F-35 swing wing abortion.

She looks kinda like a Harrier.

Oh wait you did say that's a Harrier/F-35.

Actually the best part is when there's a mutiny.
And not on the ships.

It's not a mutiny if I change my orders to correspond with what's happening.

:^)

actual actual best part is chilling in a prowler with the Bee Gees while you guys fail locks due to the ECM

Looks kinda like a MiG-23

Looks like that gun/intake arrangement is asking for a flameout from the gases.

The gun is also stuck behind the engine intakes as well
Should've placed the gun under the fuselage like I originally planned to

Looks more like an F-14/Harrier meld. I like that. I can't speak to the need of a swing wing for stability on a vtol, but hey, it looks cool.

You don't really need a gun anymore, this isn't 1945. Missiles will make dogfighting obsolete this time for sure.

If it was for an air superiority fighter or interceptor I'd agree, but this STOVL thingy is more of a multirole strike aircraft, so a gun still serves some purpose.

>missing the joke

This guy gets it.

Since we're on p.9 again, how does /aceg/ feel about continuing to put guns on fighters? For my part I think it's a good idea; stealth or no stealth, it's better to be prepared for the contingency of a dogfight, and with computerized targeting assistance, a gun is far from useless. The weight and space it takes up seem like small prices to pay.

If you take guns off of planes then what are you going to do if you need a gun on your plane? It's better to be safe than sorry.

U S E L E S S W E I G H T

For the sake of further discussion: Will we see another generation of stealth fighters, or will radar/detection capabilities catch up and advance too quickly for stealth to remain viable? In other words, will we hit a 'wall' with stealth technology before we hit one with detection technology?

Stealth isn't an on/off switch. Even if radar detection technologies advance, the stealthier fighter will still be harder to detect than the non stealthy fighter.

Stealth is here to stay. There's already plans being drawn up for the 6th generation of fighter aircraft, which may involve unmanned wingmen, laser point defence, and more room for software/hardware updates. The F-35 software architecture is already designed to be far easier to update compared to the ADA software of the F-22.

I guess I was thinking of a scenario in which detection capabilities are so far ahead of stealth that the extra difficulty which a stealth fighter presents will end up being negligible. But I don't know if there are genuine grounds for thinking that detection will outpace stealth by that kind of margin; I'm mostly just speculating.

I guess it's time to start looking into Cloaking Devices.

Do those shield against IR/thermal sensors?

They shield against everything except special equipment that's used to catalogue gaseous anomalies, which can detect the ionized gas that starships emit as impulse engine exhaust. That's actually how the good guys beat the Klingons in the movie that webm is from.

Post tunes by bands with aircraft related names.
youtube.com/watch?v=AtBaCEZJfJA

youtube.com/watch?v=e3-5YC_oHjE&list=PLEsW0I4D4LQZBv9sD6ehHcyy6LQiJqIb-

I know Bono didn't name the band after the U-2, but hey, close enough.

youtube.com/watch?v=aCUofOCiZo4

youtube.com/watch?v=Ek_xtxtthC4

>our next vg league match is against 2hug
that sounds worrying

Is it just me, or did Project Aces kind of blow it with Sky Crawlers?

I mean it has great music, graphics, sound effects, presentation, aircraft design, etc. But my god, the controls are incredibly frustrating. Even when you choose expert it has auto-level turned on, it completely kills it for me.

If they'd just made it control like Ace Combat, they wouldn't need the maneuver gimmick.

Has anyone here read pic related, by chance? I might pick it up sometime just because the Mig-25 is top-tier.

>auto-level
I thought you could turn that off, or maybe I just ignored it after a while

Also I just found this; I wonder if someone here uploaded it.

scribd.com/doc/156183172/MiG-25-and-MiG-31-pdf

>tfw no Macross game developed by Project Aces

Hey now, now that they got the rights back, there's hope yet.

The legal situation isn't that clear cut.
The recent arbitration between HG and Tatsunoko Pro only elaborated that HG is holding the rights to the SDFM material until 2021, when the rights revert back to Tatsunoko Pro, who may or may not renew those rights back to HG. Tatsunoko Pro has a pretty adversarial relationship with Big West and by association, Kawamori and Satelight, the current producers of Macross material.
The reason this whole brouhaha has been getting attention lately is because a few years back, Tatsunoko had a change in leadership, who might renegotiate the terms for the contract with HG, or even terminate their relationship with them altogether (which would REALLY fuck HG's shit up, since SDFM is basically the only part of Robotech anyone cares about anymore).

>tl;dr its the status quo until 2021, at which point who knows

To be fair most of the ones I played kinda play like AC to some degree

That's sort of why I want a Macross game made by Project Aces.
It would be the perfect fit, and imagine the level of polish they could bring to it.
Plus, the thought of grorious VF action in UE4 is making me drool.

Not to mention
>proper localisation

Well, that'll only happen if the legal tangle sorts itself out.

Shhh, don't ruin it

On another note, what are the grunt VFs in Frontier? They're not 25s are they?

The grunt unit in Frontier is the VF-171, a mass produced and upgraded variant of the VF-17 seen in M7.

I like those

They're pretty cool, I've grown to like them.

The AWACS one is neat too

One aspect I like about Macross is the fact that the development of VF's happen like how real life combat aircraft are developed, through incremental upgrades and blocks/tranches.

It's more of a side-grade. The VF-171 is more adaptable, due to external hardpoints, and various super pack options. It's also easier to fly, has simplified systems, and easier to maintain, but it lacks both the stealthiness and the raw kinematic performance of the VF-17.

Still a damn fine VF.

Play the Sega AM2 Macross game on PS2, it's fucking incredible.

The one that's just called SDF Macross? It plays really well

It's really cool to see some old stuff upgraded in later series or vice versa

>9

Too good for this world

legendary aircraft of being a backstabbing cunt

Traitor planes are always hot

Top tier livery

Don't let it die

what is that? and why does it look like a lockheed and a sukhoi had a beautiful baby

I can't decide whether I like it or hate it.

>page 10
pls no

This BoB camo needs to be outlawed, it looks too good

so were pixy and cipher buddies before the war or did they meet after they were hired by ustio?

Can we all agree that Ace Combat 4 had the best narrative in the series? And that everyone that thinks 5 had a good story should be executed by AAA battery?

I think we can all agree you have awful taste and should insert your head into the nozzle of an F119 at full burn.

AC5 might not have the best story out of the Trinity, but it sure as hell had its moments.

Yup, you don't like 5. We get it. Don't you have anything else to talk about?

>it's another warcrimes feels the need to start shit episode
I guess that is one way to keep the thread alive

all ac games are great friend

I've been found out oh no
yo that Saints game though
>warcrimes, why aren't you watching the Cowboys? you live in Texas