/khg/ - Kingdom Hearts General

Gambatte, P-chan! Edition

New to the Series?
Quick Start: i.imgur.com/kTpXdtz.jpg
Long Start: youtube.com/watch?v=_Bo6Cbeq18k

Every single Kingdom Hearts game, besides the phone game, is now available on PS4! Catching up has never been this easy.
KINGDOM HEARTS I.5+II.5 ReMIX -- Released March 28, 2017
KINDGOM HEARTS II.8 Final Chapter Prologue -- Released January 12, 2017
KH 1.5 and KH 2.5 also available separately on PS3

Coming 2018
D23 2017 Toy Story Trailer:youtu.be/E4y7UK4nqnQ
Excerpt—Hercules Trailer:youtu.be/GNebfmXqHQ4
Less Disney worlds:gematsu.com/2017/07/kingdom-hearts-iii-less-disney-worlds-kingdom-hearts-ii-final-fantasy-vii-remake-along-areasJuly18, 2017
Kingdom Hearts is canon to Toy Story:siliconera.com/2017/07/18/kingdom-hearts-iiis-toy-story-world-takes-place-events-toy-story-2/July18, 2017
IGN asking Nomura fan questions:ign.com/articles/2017/07/18/8-cool-things-we-learned-about-kingdom-hearts-3-at-d23-expoJuly18, 2017
Famitsu Weekly Translation:khinsider.com/news/Famitsu-interviews-Nomura-on-KINGDOM-HEARTS-3-Toy-Story-battle-system-more-9760July19, 2017
Dengeki Interview:khinsider.com/news/Dengeki-Interview-with-Nomura-on-KINGDOM-HEARTS-3-and-Union-Cross-9827July21, 2017

>Lore Resources
pastebin.com/tKPLZLiE

KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ[Cross] Resources:
Available for both iOS and Android devices.

>GLOBAL Updates
twitter.com/kh_ux_na
>JP Updates
twitter.com/KHUX_PR
>General News+Updates
twitter.com/Daybreak_Town

>Quick Help Guide [heavily depreciated]
pastebin.com/jQVKegVw
>Wiki
khunchainedx.com/
>Damage Calculator
khuxtracker.com

Previous Thread:

First for boys loving boys

DARKNESS

Post some cool Foreteller art

Don't mind me, just posting the worst Keyblade.

You've probably already seen this one.

Please note that Kingdom Hearts came out on September 17, 2002 in North America.

Never Forget

No argument here

Is this a good first pull for a new player? Literally no idea what I'm doing.

Apparently the HD Xion is what I really want and something about a Kairi 0.2

Very nice pull. Just don't fuse those Roxas Art [EX] medals as having two will help in fighting almost anything.

I probably won't fuse any of the 5+ star stuff until I know what I'm doing. Been reading through some new player stuff about Guilting and whatnot

Just debating spending the jewels to keep going and try for the Xion or wait for later this week when apparently a different Kairi will be guaranteed.

Nevermind. Decided to do one more pull and got this. Maybe I should go play the lotto tonight.

You lucky fuck REEEEEEE

Joking aside, you might as well mercy HD Xion now that you have 0.2 Kairi; you won't really need much else so I would suggest saving up the rest of your Jewels after you mercy HD Xion for Tier 7s like the Foreteller EXs. You can buy one or both of the Ansem boards for some decent Atk Boost skills and more importantly, Second Chance II for 0.2 Kairi.

So I've finished DDD recently after marathoning the HD collections, and while I usually don't quite grasp the finer details of the story so far, the introduction of time travel in the final world kind of upended my already poor grasp of what's going on.

So has everything from the beginning from KH1 been a stable time loop? Did Ansem know that he'd fail to completely possess Riku and that Kingdom hearts was Light all along? Did Xemnas know that Roxas and Axel would defect and the former would merge with Sora? Did master Xehanort know that his attempt to use Ventus to create the χ-blade would fail? What are these "destined" events that can't be changed? And how did Xehanort gain the ability to Time Travel?

The more and more I try to think about this, the less of it I understand.

Yeah I'm getting the Xion now. Been reading up on the game so I'm kind of amazed with my luck right now.

I'm so glad the blackwashed Sora thread wasn't posted first. When will Tumblr realize that the only black people in this series are villains

>So has everything from the beginning from KH1 been a stable time loop?
The time loop is in Ansem's initial travel to the past, where he gifts Young Xehanort the ability to time travel.

Other than that, there are no loops.

>Did Ansem know that he'd fail
No. It's just another backup plan.
>Did Xemnas no
No.
>Did Master Xehanort know
No. Unless he has the Book of Prophecies then maybe.
>What are the "destined" events
The past. Pic related (unconfirmed theory but it makes sense)
>How did Xehanort gain the ability to Time Travel?
By becoming a Heartless. It's implied this is an innate ability of hearts, because the requirement is simply to remove your body.
Though most of the time, your heart doesn't retain a consciousness or sense of self if you do that.

Young Xehanort lays out the rules very clearly, so it helps to rewatch the scene.
Problem is they throw it all in at the end, at once, in the middle of a bunch of other plot revelations and climaxes, so it's hard to digest.

So "the present" technically begins at the moment of your birth, which is the farthest point back in time that you could theoretically travel?

Fuck Riku Replica
I'm only on his first fight in Re:COM but the pain of having my entire playthrough of the original stopped by his last fight when I was a kid will never go away.

>Playstation tweets about the NA 15th anniversary but the official KH twitter doesn't
ok

They thought the 15k jewels was celebration enough.

there wasn't any tweets about that either

"The present" is the time being witnessed currently. Two second ago, five minutes ago, a day ago, it's all the past just like in real life.

And when something converts from present to past, it becomes set in stone and unchangeable.

So when Ansem went back to YX, he couldn't change anything from happening or not happening, he could only observe? So he brought YX to the present where they could actually do something?

This kind of explains why YX won't have any memories of DDD, because if he did, he could change the timeline. Do I have this right? That every trip to the future ends with erased memories to preserve the timeline?

Yes, I think you've got a good grasp on it now.

>having 2 unguilted EX medals is totally better than one guilted EX medal with a shitty trait!

truth been told

Unguilted EX medals are worthless.

>mfw that image is already two and a half years old

'Bout time I fixed it up.

>accepting the "eye in the keyblade" theory at face value
He just said that as a red herring so the other foretellers wouldn't realize he's a time traveler from the future.

Luxu is the only one who knows about the eye.

>extra attack

Sorry for your loss.

And whoever traveled back in time with knowledge of the future.

You mean nobody? There's no evidence to support that.

Thanks. One more thing; at the end of DDD, the Organization disappeared back to their own place in the timeline due to being "out of time" Is there a limit on how long you can stay in the past or future for?

The evidence to support that MoM is a time traveler is the fact that one day he just disappeared.

>one day he just disappeared.
>this is evidence
Or he just fucked off.

That's really not much to go on.

We'll probably have to wait for KHIII to find out for sure, but I'd imagine they can't stay indefinitely. The question is how long they have.

There's not much to go on at all for MoM. We don't have a lot of info on him.

??? M&b one and use the other as a buffer?

Even if he is new, an ex buffer is 99% better than anything else

Started Birth by Sleep for the first time, completed Terra's first two worlds and now I have a bunch of commands and crystals. I am not sure which commands to meld and which crystals to use for abilities.

I can see what abilities and commands there are but I am not sure the most optimal use of my crystals and commands to get good commands and abilities because I don't know which ones will be the most useful.

Any good early commands and abilities to go for?

Go find a melding guide, doing it randomly is just going to amount in a lot of anger. Ideally you want Attack Haste, Magic Haste, and the usuals like Leaf Bracer, Once More, Second Chance, etc.

Actually here, you don't even need to search, forgot I had it saved. Lucky Strike, Treasure Magnet, and HP Boost are also recommended to go for first. If you can't find the melding items yet then go do Hollow Bastion, once you can start fighting Mandrakes you can get pretty much everything thanks to their crystals letting you make Lucky Strike.

Why is that Vanitas could survive on his own while Ventus couldn't when Xehanort split them into two?

Ventus was going to die until baby Sora connected their hearts, while as far as we know Vanitas was fine aside from not having a face and the whole thing with the Unversed.

Ventus a shitter.

Xehanort ripped him out with the keyblade. Either that kept him in a fixed shape, or Xehanort fucked up and Sora was the only keeping both of them alive.

because darkness.

Because Ventus is the original person.

Does guilt tier matter if the multiplier is low?
Lookin at you, tifa and aerith

It always matters but with that medal you want the extra attack trait more than the guilt, unless for whatever reason you're using it as your main source of AoE damage.

Can i get a render of shadow tsum by himself?
i see you hiding over there, strelitzia

So is Vanitas. They're the same person just split into light and darkness.

These are likely.

There was a Ventus before a Vanitas though.

Who knows. Maybe Ventus and Vanitas were separate people in the old days and but some reason GATTAI'd into one person?
I mean this IS Kingdom Hearts. Just think of the most retarded theory you can find and that will be the correct one.

We supposed to get any updates tonight? been away for a while so not sure what the content schedule looks like

When is Japan getting the next set of story missions/Foreteller medals? I'm playing global, but I'm curious about when Nearle while show up. Because we know damn well that Arlene is too normal of a name.

We'll know in about 10 minutes.

I fucking hate you

If you win, can I have some money?

>Have afros in the mobile game
>Back Cover doesn't have any characters with afros
What the fuck I better see some afros in KH3

It's supposed to come with 2.3, but it's STILL in review

Fucking Apple

Sonic Blade and Ars

Lethal Frame as well.

Funny enough I just did his second battle and did that to kick his ass.
Still not enough to get rid of my childhood trauma though.

Yeah but assuming he's either well over a hundred years old or is breaking the time travel rules is a stretch.

>breaking the time travel rules
Why not? Sora has already broken the time travel rules in KH2.

Sora PL is 0.2 kairi killer but I don't really want to spend money on this piece of shit game

At least they're attempting to make VIP worth buying lately. How many weeks were there with nothing in them.

>Kairi killer
If you get extra attack. IF. And it doesn't drop defense.

+6 psm strength is better than -1 def

>.2 kairi killer
>Raises strength by 3 tiers for 1 turn. Raises strength of all attributes by 3 tiers for 1 turn. Restores 4 gauges.
>paying to maybe get an extra attack
>defense isn't effected
lol no. 0.2 kairi is still better

If they wanted to do that then they'd make they'd put in the 1 broom and 1 mirror a day quest that JP has
It's better only if you get extra attack.With it you can get rid of 0.2 Kairi and iKairi2 from your set ups

>was complaining i didn't have 0.2 kairi
>now i can hopefully pull her on this banner

thanks SENA i guess

Unless you have enough to mercy her then you have no better chance of getting her in that banner compared to the EX Roxas one

Just use an extra attack Kairi followed by Sephiroth/Xion/Roxas or whatever you feel like, easy.

>"Only Special Attacks with 3 or fewer hits allowed"
>KH3 Sora and Key Art 4 are a no-go
>Can only use iKairi2, 0.2 Kairi, and HD Xion
>mfw I get to use KH3 Sora anyway

>0.2 Kairi is back
Should I pull and try to guilt her or should I just try for Rucksack

>F I V E people in my party has pulled Roxas EX, including two newbies and an inactive
>meanwhile I pulled shit and didn't get HD Xion until the mercy

I'm glad that they managed to get an EX medal but sometimes I wish I had some of my party members' luck.

It's because they're being accurate over the fact that Dandelions were boring niggers
It's the actual participants over the war who had fun with fashion

>the 0.2 Kairi killer
>when Tits and Ass is better than it

>a guy in my party got boosted Xion and Roxas in his third pull
>five pulls in and the best thing I got was KA8
To this day the only boosted medal I've pulled besides WoFF Yuna is Iago.

>>paying to maybe get an extra attack
That's been the case for half of the VIP medals

And I have gotten zero, so you're luck is better than mine

Is Days worth playing? I'm watching it on the PS4 collection right now and it's my first real exposure to it but I'm not really following it at all. I feel like I'm missing a lot of what's going on since it's just the cutscenes and vague descriptions. I assume Recoded is the same thing

Can keyblades like Darkgnaw be taken past lv35? There's data for what other keyblades are like past 35 but there's none for the reverse focused keyblades

There are very few scenes completely removed from the Days movie. And what was removed, won't benefit your grasp of the narrative.

Re:coded's movie doesn't really cut out anything. In fact, it added two new scenes.

Read the Manga

>On the last visit to Hollow Bastion in KHFM on Proud
>Feel like grinding for synth items so I can level up easier
>Suddenly lose motivation after remembering how shit damage I do
>Get Divine Rose, but still lack motivation
Also most of the Keyblades in KH1 look short as fuck. The difference between KH1 Sora and KH2 Sora is pretty staggering.

>Is Days worth playing
Fuck no, it's just awful.

Re:Coded is fine as a movie, but the game itself isn't bad.

Read days manga
Watch re:coded

Will KH3 get a manga

No. Amano ended the series with KHII.

BbS, Re:coded, DDD, χ and KHIII will never get manga

>BbS, Re:coded, DDD, χ and KHIII will never get manga

That always hurts to remember, like a Birth by Sleep manga would just be amazing.

I just want to see weird dumb humor with Aqua, Terra and Ventus.

Data is only there for people who have actually upgraded past 35. Guess no-one has done it yet.

It's 'cause moon gems are hard to come by. They're only given out in small amounts for events and rankings.