docs.google.com/document/d/1eKXbdEr6jnTG5DcMQX2qcMlsmYQ8hO6Sl3-sySYpHR4/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=442jVwMUCXQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for Charge is great

1st for "if you want to play just for pvp go play armored core and stop playing souls"

And the "UGSes are shit" dude was still too much of a coward to duel anyone

>solving arguments by challenging to a duel
not him, but that's the fucking stupidest shit in the world

2nd for getting hyped for The Bro starting Demon's Souls playthrough tomorrow.

>got invasion characters ready
>got days off of work so can freely snipe at him tomorrow and tuesday
>streamsnipan
>comfyan

>say something is shit
>someone offers to fight you with that thing to prove otherwise

How is that shit? Either way one side is proven right and the other isn't in the context of their fight.

The dude was running around saying how charge is shit and how nobody could ever beat him with an UGS, but was too much of a coward to actually fight anyone because he was so scared to losing to an UGSs and then losing face on an anonymous imageboard where everyone was already calling him a retard anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=442jVwMUCXQ
>he stopped at 60 Dex
I mean, I know that minmaxing isn't a thing he does, but that truly does trigger me.

Wasn't 60 the pseudo-hardcap for physical damage stats?

Just a reminder that Crucifix is a perfectly balanced and well made weapon.

So does sin in DS3 only pertain to if you've gotten aggro from NPCs and nothing else? Killing NPCs and invading doesn't accrue sin?

agreed, we should hire people based on whether or not they can beat a boss in a fist fight

Things don't become "good" just because they can beat up someone else with them. UGS are fine, but they have obvious limitations that lead to certain situations where they can be abused or lead to easy mistakes.

Tier list discussions are dumb as shit anyway. If it works, it works. Top tier just means that it takes less failure until you can figure out how to make it work. The nice thing about a metagame is that when everyone uses the same stuff, the guy who uses something different is at an implicit advantage.

That "UGS are shit" guy was dumb, but challenging him to fight to "prove" him wrong is just as stupid. UGS are limited because the margin of error for them and ease of punishment is much higher, so they require a lot of experience or specific circumstances to take advantage of their higher damage, reach, and poise over smaller weapons. This has been true in every game, the margin is just much thinner in DS3 because of how easy rolls are.

>that one build where he has like 65 vigor
Saint has surpassed any need to be meta. He's gotten too gud.

There's no "Sin" in DS3. You just pay Velka to de-aggro NPCs. It has no effect on the rest of the game.

If you're on PC I'm more than happy to duel.

SL? Location? Pass?

But we are not talking about PvE. If someone says what that guy said which is 'UGS will never win in duels' and he loses to a UGS in a duel that clearly refutes his point, it's not that complicated. It's not to make some huge stand but just to show the guy himself is arguing from a completely asinine standpoint.

On un-infusable weapons, yeah. But on an infused Long Sword, no, not really. Going from 40 to 60 gives you like 25 AR, but going from 60 to 80 gives you almost 40.

He still kicks ass with those inefficient builds, but I guess I just wish that he could kick even more ass with an efficient build.

for the love of god someone screenshot these into a pastebin

this is the best shit I've seen on this general in years

Summon when

Help, I can't get to nito, can anyone help me through the Tomb of Giants. I'm at the the first tomb bonfire. Dark Souls PS3 SL 93

Lmao dude are you still at it?

Here I'll spell it out for you because you seem too dumb to understand it.
The majority here consider Gaels a good weapon, top tier even
The majority here consider UGSes in general to be very much usable
The minority here (you) disagrees and can only back it up with theorycrafting of of never getting hit so its bad

At the end of the day what the majority think is right is what will prevail, it's up to the minority to prove that they are actually on to something and if the minority keeps shying away from actually demonstrating how good they are then everyone will just assume that the minority is full of shit.
The end.

If you want to go against the tier list and meta than be prepared to back it up if people call you out on it

Come on then tough guy.

Where are we gonna duel?

I'm on PC, SL125

Gimme a password and location.

>DS3 pvp

Git gud or learn to fucking run. Giant skeletons aren't even that hard

I'm not any of the guys asking you to duel but I'd like some fights if you want since I'm really bored. Do you want an optimized 80 Dex Astora build or can I just bring my quality with Propane to save time? If that's fine I'll place my sign at high wall, pass dsg.

I'm not gonna duel you, I wasn't even involved in the argument last thread, just making fun of the retard who spent like 3 hours trying to convince the entire thread that he can't lose to UGSes while also being too scared to actually fight anyone lest he lose to an UGS

Literally replying to the wrong person, and you'd know that if you read my post.

I'm not calling UGS bad, I'm just calling the guy who wants to prove a ponit by dueling someone on Veeky Forums stupid.

>poise trading just like the old days
wait a second...

Not him but /dsg/ is shit at PvP.

not on PS3 but if you post your stats and equipment I can help you figure out what you're doing wrong.

The skeletons are weak to strike weapons, if you upgrade a mace you can kill them in a few hits. For the pinwheels, you can run past them.

Make sure you carry a skull lantern or cast light, too.

user, if the goal of one guy is to convince everyone on Veeky Forums that you cant lose to a slow weapon in a duel then losing to a slow weapon in a duel does kind of prove him to be full of shit.
This isn't even a tierlist debate or anything, this is literally one autismlord going "UGSES ARE BAD BUT I DON'T NEED TO ACTUALLY PROVE IT BELIEVE ME K"

off hand whip for long range poking y/n

>Guys no one can beat me with an ugs
>I'm not going to duel anyone with an ugs that's fucking stupid
Found the UGS are shit guy

Bring whatever you want as long as it's an ultra. I don't mind man.

I am that guy and I'm offering to duel anyone with an ultra. So not quite sure what you're on about m8.

Ready and waiting then.

imo The most challenging and tedious aspect of ds1 isn't the horrible camera, bosses, or hordes of enemies; it's all those tight little confined areas.

>not even using dsfix
yikes

I don't wanna fight mr. spookman again :/

Was that a Dark Washing Pole or Deep? Didn't seem to do much damage.

>UGSes are shit IN DUELS
>What no I'm not going DUEL YOU that doesn't prove anything
A magical place, reminds me of the good old days back when the gulag was full of theorycrafters who were too scared to post their profiles so they don't get called out on being normal matchamking sub 50% winrate russians

>You seriously think you can beat a good SS/Estoc/Washing Pole/spear user with a fucking ultra? GTFO

Dark. 30/30.

Again?

>btfo for all eternity

Well here we have it, irrefutable proof that UGSes can't win ever, glad we can put this silly argument to rest.

Based user

Want help?

>Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general
Lies and blasphemy, you'll just get RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEd at by some homo for playing a female character

Visions you used a Black Knight Shield and Estoc and swapped to a Crossbow but you lost to a Farron GS. I don't want to be mean but I think you lost the argument.

what is the Bloodborne of Dark Souls 3 weapons?

Good, now all we need is the "charges are shit" user to pop up too.
I'm pretty sure the UGSes are shit guy and the charge always gets parried dude were the same person though

Unbelievable.

>washing pole
>estoc
>also xbow
only ss and spears to go!

Got my shotel and pyro tomes, time to start playing the game for real lads :^)

Repeater Crossbow or Avelyn offhand, SS and GS or SS and big boy hammer mainhand.

It's more of a broad argument that honor duels to solve pvp discussions are just as idiotic as the pvp discussions, the UGS are shit guy just triggered me enough to say it (again) because people always forget and want to jump straight to "FIGHT ME BRAH WE'LL SEE WHO'S RIGHT FIGHT ME BRAH"

I'll at least give you credit for trying to put your money where your mouth is, as well as sticking around rather than hiding in shame.

But you're still clinically retarded.

nah don't worry about it, just two handed my sword with lloyd's sword ring and 5 shot him

his appearance just unnerved me the first time is all, also kinda shellshocked by curses from DS1

You beat me fair and square I'm not gonna deny that but I still don't think ultras are good weapons.

Happy to keep dueling if you want. You have better mix ups than most (standing R1 out of a roll instead of rolling R1 etc...) so GG man.

Reminder

>friedes gets beautiful unique 2h r1s and r2s
>they do shitndamage because youre supposed to spam the anime weapon art
I hate ds3 so much

>gets blasted twice
>I still don't think ultras are good weapons

Use a weapon with quickstep next.

heh, the Discord wins once again

>You have better mix ups than most (standing R1 out of a roll instead of rolling R1 etc...)
Please tell me this is a joke.
What kind of shitty ultra-user has never done a regular r1 out of a rolling attack?

>CKGS R1 didn't combo first hit

reeeee

>reminds me of the good old days back when the gulag was full of theorycrafters who were too scared to post their profiles so they don't get called out on being normal matchamking sub 50% winrate russians
I roll my eyes at this shit constantly. Like I know I'm a PvP scrub but I guarantee I've kicked the shit out of some of the retards talking smack in these threads

Which Dark Souls is the best for a beginner?

Play them in order, faggot

DS1. And not just because of this but it's also the easiest to learn, I think.

hey visions do you have a pyro by any chance?

Your both wrong. DS2 is best for nubs because they can git mediocre by attrition on enemies

Can I even kill big boy over here

a better question is, should I?

You can and you should.
Be a man.

Yes he's a no name fag

Also he's miniboss tier

t. soloed him 2 hours ago

Yes and Yes

A certain mild mannered fuckboy wants to kill you with it and will give you free stuff if you get back to him without dying.

Post the ones that I won as well, you meanie. What is the score now? 3 - 2?

But yeah GG NMS you are far better with ultras than I expected.

Yes I have a pyro and sorcerer as well.

>horrible camera

Do you have the camera wall recovery set to on or off?

I genuinely have no idea where Patches even is

How do you even get there without going on the roof?

Nice.

He's a pushover and killing him gives you access to an upgrade material that allows you to upgrade your weapon to +4

>elemental weapons have literally no scaling
Why.why

Oh, sweet summer child.

that was actually pretty easy

The living turds are weak to fire if you haven't sussed it out yet

See the shape of the fire icon, and how it's square? That means no scaling. Notice how the icon for Refined is a hexagon, that means it has scaling.

Spoiler alert, these three infusions are not the only ones you will have available to you for the entirety of the game.

Any tips for a PvP scrub to level Watchdogs?

Plenty of elemental infused weapons have scaling, you just haven'y unlocked them yet.
>Blessed, Lightning, Crystal, Dark and Chaos infusions all give different Scaling options.
Some just give Base damage boosts and negate scaling.

Yes, go farm Ghrus instead.

stay at a super low level and maybe +4ish

10 dollars well spent

I still don't know how people do this.

>git mediocre
I don't know why but I laughed at this. What do you mean by attrition though? I've hardly played DS2 because of the clumsiness of it. Was bitching about that last thread so no need to revisit the topic. I'm just saying that's why I don't know what you're talking about.

If you kill the same enemy like 12 times or something eventually they won't respawn

What is it about shields that makes people rage in DS3

They're the weakest they've been in any souls game but no one ever cried about them this hard till now

You should spend more than 10 dollars on a graphics card.

The only shield that really gives me trouble is Havel's Shield.

I'm surprised it doesn't see more use actually. I guess it must be the weight and stat requirements.

Dubs get

what's the difference between the blue sentinels and the blades of the darkmoon?