/mcg/ - Minecraft General

glorious nippon steel edition

We discuss Minecraft, Minecraft memes, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server memes and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more memes!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it, you fucking shits.

>==[Links]====[News of the Thread]====[Previous Bread]==

Other urls found in this thread:

etherpad.net/p/oceanserb
youtube.com/watch?v=LtBCgAsIM9c&app=desktop
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I forgot to add the link to the oceanserb pad to the OP

etherpad.net/p/oceanserb

ded af

how do we fix TFC2

we port TFC1 to meme versions and not play TFC2

why do that when we can just fix the fucking terrain gen

oh who am i kidding there aren't any coders in these threads willing to do anything

I'm still waiting for a looping 'planetary' world with colder biomes the further north or south you go, hotter biomes the closer to the equator you are.

Who wants to see inside?

what texture pack is that and does it work with tfc

isn't that how it is already?

It doesn't loop, no, and the biomes are mostly random.

>why do that when we can just fix the fucking terrain gen
because bioxx has stated outright that TFC2 is going in an entirely different direction than TFC1 and isn't so much going to be a survival oriented mod as much as adventure.

>there aren't any coders in these threads willing to do anything
meh, I'd rather play the game than write code at home too.

erivale and no idea

left is my chest setup

upstairs leads to nothing yet
wizard tower coming soon (tm)

>isn't so much going to be a survival oriented mod as much as adventure.

that sounds awful

but at the very least we can take what bioxx makes and turn it into a proper terrafirmacraft experience

it would be less work than starting from scratch entirely

>starting from scratch entirely

what part of

>we port TFC1 to meme versions

implies we start from scratch entirely? TFC is open source, I could make my own fork of it right now.

wouldn't porting to newer versions require starting from scratch anyways?

no, that's actually the exact opposite of what porting means. mod authors sometimes start from scratch on newer versions just to get rid of technical debt and because some things changed too much to be worth actually porting.

I still don't see why we couldn't just modify TFC2 to work the way we want it to. some of the changes like the new campfire and cooking are pretty cool. it's mostly the garbage world gen that needs to be fixed

I mean, we could do a combination of the two even.

thats what I mean just modify TFC 2 to be more like TFC

I can't. IDK how to program and I'm not smart enough to be an ideas guy.

you ignore it and meme versions.

just do it

Im gonna admit that even though vanilla generation is pretty horrible, the clusterfuck it generated on this mountain looks pretty good and I like how it looks as if part of the mountain collapsed.

Rate my vanilla starter home

grotesque/10

does anyone know why they're fixated on the hex shit?

Have you never seen a faggot be consumed by a forum circlejerk?
he's in an echochamber

no one is developing for TFC anymore because of it though. and there is a fuck ton of stuff that needs to be fixed and things that need to be added to the original TFC

o hello

Anyone know this texture pack?

youtube.com/watch?v=LtBCgAsIM9c&app=desktop

And then I fooged and forgot that the output of these bricks was 4, so I made four times as many as I needed. I can use them later I guess.

I've been clearcutting the coast between my home and the river near the mountain, but still not great luck with finding metal. More tin, some galena, and native gold of all things. The hunt for copper continues.

Probably one they made themselves for special cancerous purposes.

someone should make a mod all about page 10

christ modding is full of so much painful boilerplate

>Post yfw you're all soulless heathens

WHEW

>nearly 2am and I'm starting another world I will grow bored of and deleted by noon

deddest of den gens

a-at least we have 19 people

are there any games with building features like minecraft with a sizable playerbase?
it would be fun to have a competition or war in a buildable environment that persists for months and generally had at least 15 people online on both teams at all times.

seems like people only want building with persistent worlds OR team competition, never both.

I have a 3968x2944 map I've been working on nonstop since 2013 with several cities and custom biomes.

Are there people on the internet interested in something like this or am I just autistic?

>Are there people on the internet interested in something like this
some
>am I just autistic?
also yes

impressive tho

Upload it, nerd.

extremely dead barely breathing game
there's no saving minecraft, huh?

Pretty much. It's just weird clingers now.

Minecraft 1.12.2 is out.

But then again, nobody cares.

1.12.what?
Sorry buddy, we only play beta 1.7.3 around here

That's not how you spell alpha 1.2.6.

Actually, we only play Infiminer around here so all the MineyCrafty aspies shall leave

How do you get started making mods. It can't be that hard right?

Learn java, then minecraft source, then forge

>redlogic lamps can only be placed on full opaque blocks
who the fuck comes up with this shit?

That would take like an hour or two each right? I want to add baubles support to some mod items as my end goal.

basically do a tutorial or two and start looking at source code of mods that do a similar thing

When am I going to stop stuffing in 3-4 tech mods because I want to use a single niche feature of each one? And instead just play and enjoy 1 tech mod while working around its limitations?

When you realize magic mods do everything tech does but better

>magic mods do everything tech does
>implying that's a good thing

After being immortally cucked by my not-wife I fucked off to the Twilight Forest

glorious 60FPS in VR

Pic related, drowning my wife and lighting the village on fire

magic mods are annoying

post minecraft

Why do your trees have albinism?

I usually do not browse these threads, but lately I've been feeling nostalgic.
Tell me: what are the absolute "classics" that I could revisit?
By that I mean the series, videos, and tales that are particularly noteworthy; preferably from the 2009 - 2011 era.
I know that "X's Adventures" is one of them, but what are the others?

did you post in the wrong thread by mistake

>GT++ adds a literal torcherino

>tfw /mcg/ is kill

You've never seen a cherry blossom before?

god damn tfc adds such good aesthetic blocks

kill me, pete

don't worry i'll stir up the aspie net in a sec

I'm struggling with pirating this game. It seems everything by TeamExtreme doesn't fucking work

>Pirating the game
>TeamExtreme

if you know how to into program just delete all the verification failure states from the multimc github and compile the repo
that should work but no one has gone and tested it

>tfc2 relies on pams for crops because bioxx is to lazy to code his own
Why even make tfc2 if you're too lazy to make it fun? Surely bugfixing and feature trickle on tfc would take less effort.

same reason why he thought it was okay to turn a hardcore survival overhaul into a hunger games adventure mod

Hell it'd take less effort to rebuild a solid crop system than that hexagonal bullshit. Now I truly understand what they mean by "muh vision".

>hexagonal

it's not the good kind of hexagons

So i've had a huge problem with fatigue and just progression in general with minecraft for a long time.
I tend to just start and restart and restart and start a new modpack and then drop this modpack and start this one and make my own and drop that. The last time I went any distance was back when Blightfall first came out and even then I got to like... late midgame maybe.
I essentially get burnt out or frustrated trying to wrap my head around builds and usually what ends up happening is im scrabbling around in my mine somewhere looking for the last of little piece of lapis because i misappropriated all mine into something useless without realizing it was vital to the progression of this or that mod, and maybe im digging around in NEI a get creeperd, or worse, some OP mob wrecks me and I'll have no back up gear to even make the long trek to my body feasible and I give up because im too frustrated.
OR i'll get to the bottom of my very shallow mod knowledge, despite playing since pre-alpha and clocking what is likely thousands of hours, and the HQM or Achievement book or the rare actual in-game mod documentation will not have an explanation or hint on how to set up a basic necessary automation loop for mod progression, or even just doesn't explain a lynchpin feature AT ALL and i have to dig through hours of mouth breathing youtube autists poorly or mistakenly explain their extremely convoluted setups that usually involve what they believe to be 'common sense' redstone fuckery despite redstone being an unintuitive mechanic, vanilla being fucking trash since the year of my ass 10000 b.c., and flagrantly disregarding the rest of the mods mechanics or simplification through crossmod interactivity if this build is specific to a modpack.

If you mean videos for this game and didn't post in the wrong thread. The Minecraft Muse made some good videos about the vanilla game. He hasn't made anything for a few years and it's been a long time since I've watched them. Might be what you're asking for?

It's a shame when previously competent developers get attached to bad ideas

I'm trying to remember the name of a mod. It added worldgen ruins that had traps and randomly generated artifacts.

First, manage your mesolimbic pathway better you twat.
Burning out on shit is nobody's fault but your own, stop wanking so much and keep better hours.

Second, regarding
>i'll get to the bottom of my very shallow mod knowledge, despite playing since pre-alpha and clocking what is likely thousands of hours, and the HQM or Achievement book or the rare actual in-game mod documentation will not have an explanation or hint on how to set up a basic necessary automation loop for mod progression
Intuition is supposed to carry you most of the way, and when that fails, NEI, and then you use wikis, and where that fails you use google and forums
If you've played tekkit classic, a completely documented modpack down to the last detail, you should have a native understanding of the functions of most tech mods, and most magic mods come with in-game documentation.

artifice

To that end i think i've found out a solution to giving up and that is to embrace MAWPC to reduce the amount of frustration in my playthrough. I've decided to
1. Go into creative mode to build most of my base. I no longer have to deal with constant restructuring as I finally get the resources I want to make it look good. This also gives me the freedom to actually experiment with the builds.
1.1 Also fuck off with torch spam. Why there isn't a better lighting option between torches and restone lamps/glowstone blocks i'll never know. But I'm absolutely sick of looking at thousands of torches with obnoxious particle effects and having to either delay progression so I can hog up all the expensive resources to craft asstons of a lighting option i may quickly grow sick of.
2. Fucking just. Teleport to my body. I love exploring caves, i love finding my way out of mazes, I like to go out and explore the world and find my way back, i don't like running miles and suiciding 3 or 4 times so that I can finally get to my body or fish out a mob that is stubbornly camping my grave.

Anyway these little things seem to help a lot with my motivation to get shit done in MC.
Wondering if anyone else has these kinds of issues with MC and what solutions they take.

You misunderstand- or rather, I misspoke. I'm not talking about "muh gamer's fatigue im so depressed can't play games" and I'm not blaming it on anybody.
More just voicing my autistic frustration with what I find to be some intense stumbling blocks for me in regards to modded minecraft and only modded minecraft.
Also, I know intuition, documentation, forums, wikis, etc. are supposed to help. The problem I'm complaining about is that my intuition is lacking, and often I find both in-game documentation and wiki to also be lacking.

>often I find both in-game documentation and wiki to also be lacking.
what mods specifically

HURGH

However, I haven't played tekkit classic and it definitely makes sense that I probably should. Especially considering the last time I felt I had started getting a good grip on my mod knowledge was when I played agrarian skies 1.
So that is actually some really good and actionable advice and I thank you for that.
oh fuck dude like. most. I suppose I should clarify or reiterate though that its probably my own fault with figuring shit out or understanding.
I literally might have some slight brain damage lol.
The last one I can specifically remember having trouble with was setting up an actually additions enriched/empowered canola oil loop.
There were a couple tutorials online but both made heavy use of RFtools I believe and I didn't want to add it to my pack (my own fault desu) and the production chain seemed way too convoluted with a bevy of unnecessary widgets added which might be a symptom of the setup having been based on a direwolf build, i think.

I don't have much time to play anymore but I do some of this like building in creative or spawning basic equipment to speed up early game. I'd recommend using the keepinventory gamerule to disable item drop on death. Look into the extra utilities mod as it adds some useful stuff like the magnum torch for stopping monster spawns and cursed earth for compact monster farms. Better builders wands can remove some of the tedious work in building large platforms and walls. Forestry backpacks are great for inventory management.

Post your best builds, NOW!

here have some old shit

This is pretty cozy. Some questions: are these crop farms semi-automatic? And what is that green wood?

No but I had built them so that I could easily convert to that.
The wood is willow from Natura.

O-ok

Pretty proud of this city actually.

I can shed a bit of light on this. Originally, it was supposed to be a cell-based terrain generator that could make realistic terrain with rivers draining properly and not just noise as a height map. The cell based generation slowed minecraft to a crawl when generating terrain because it had to essentially do a whole island at once. Since the hexes are doing the same thing but are all the same size it doesn't cause the amount of slowdown the cells did.

t. knower

Is Abyssalcraft any good? Looking for mods about exploring new dimensions and shit.

looks like they took vanilla overworld/nether generation and slapped ugly textures on them.
at least the mobs look kind of cool.

Depends on what version is the final product