/dag/+/bwg/ - Dragon Age & Bioware General #1099

The Grand Game edition

Previous: News:
>the BSN now is gone forever (but there's a backup somewhere so it's not really gone)
>Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire announced (romance confirmed)
>Cyberpunk 2077 possibly out before June 2019
>Bioware's new IP, Anthem, to come out in fall 2018
>Tyranny, ME: Andromeda, and DA: Knight Errant #4 comic are out
>Divinity Original Sin 2 is OUT!
>"There's a DA project happening. It's not confirmed as the 4th main game in the series."- Mike Laidlaw

Sales:

NOTE:
>We occasionally discuss other, smaller RPGs that don't have their own generals. This does not mean we are /wrpg/

Dragon Age Stuff:
>Check THIS before asking questions:
pastebin.com/NtncZWPf
>DA:O Mods
pastebin.com/n4vGHHHd

>How do I import my save into DA:I?
>dragonagekeep.com
You can use this website to create your own DA World History by bringing over your choices from the previous games. You need an Origin account.

>Where is my Warden?
Going to a photo shoot in an alternate universe.

>/dag/ (incomplete) Art Archive
dagnaart.imgur.com

>/dag/ booru
dagna.booru.org/index.php

>Help me /dag/+/bwg/, I want to listen something!
youtube.com/watch?v=vrXpFh2IHZY

Friendly reminder that Dragon Age is dead and forgotten.

Other urls found in this thread:

solas-the-dreamboat.tumblr.com/post/121688616628/wanna-hear-solas-do-a-poem-and-sing-well-here
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>the last good Bioware game came out 3 yrs ago

Why are they all covered in slime?

Huh, I wonder why...

Who did you choose for the throne of Orlais?

>Celene
>Gaspard
>Trio truce
>Celene + Briala
>Gaspard + Briala

I made them all work together. It's not a good long-term solution because they will eventually start fighting each other and Orlais will plunge into chaos once again, but to deal with the current threat of Coyphenus, the inquisition needs all the help they can get.

I followed Leliana's advice and let Celene die, placed Gaspard on the throne with Briala controlling her from the shadows. It is the best choice to improve the lives of the city elves all across Orlais.

Celene is a master of the Game and a very good diplomat but she has done a lot of wicked things as a ruler of Orlais. She had thousands of alienage elves killed and murdered Briala's parents just to protect her dignity in the Court.

>Orlesians will NEVER be anything more than silly, snobish, french people

Kept Celene

Gaspard probably would've done something retarded like try to invade Ferelden and i'd rather die before some faggot elf is pulling strings.

>tfw Tevinters will be worse

Public truce.

>Divinity Original Sin 2 is out!
How is this game compared to dragon age origins and inquisition? Is it worth $45?

Why don't ask your own general you fucking retard?

Whoa we got a badass over here!

Of course it's a Solaswife who's being an obnoxious off-topic spammer.

I'm shocked.

Sorry, I didn't know that game has its own general.

>game is mentioned in the thread's OP
>user wants to talk about the game mentioned in the thread's OP
>Poohbear blows a fucking gasket

Just leave already.

Don't apologise to that piece of shit, user.

Okay. Who is this "Poohbear" anyway?

Meant to reply to this:

>including games that have their own generals in your OP
Retard.

Solas did nothing wrong.

I wonder what he'll do in DA4

Something wrong.

Hopefully, nothing wrong.

Feel free to leave if you don't like it, my user.

2 years and 2-3 months ago /dag/ died for the first time...

How? Was there no excitement for Trespasser?

Guess not. People just expected another 2 hours for 15 dollars.

That is odd because JoH and Descent were pretty long. They must have been quite happy and positive after finishing it.

Which is not far from what they got. Trespasser was alright but paid endings are unforgivable no matter how you put it. Who the real villain was was revealved during the vanilla game, so the main story was not over until Trespasser.

I wouldn't call it a paid ending. Inquisition's story ended with Corypheus' defeat, he was the villain of that game. The casual fans got the full experience. If you are a hardcore fan and really into the lore and the story of the Dragon Age universe, you can buy the dlc, to get a glimpse of what is to come in the next game.

Gaspard on the throne and Briala controlling him from the shadows. Briala + Celene would have just been the same old story as before, Celene doing nothing for the elves, Briala getting frustrated, the empire growing little. Gaspard follows a precise series of rules and Josephine can even convince him to stipulate a truce with Ferelden, while Briala takes care of the city elves. The truce between the trio is a ruse and Celene is unfit to rule, at this point.

I wish you could put Briala on the throne alone. She is the least corrupt individual out of the trio.

What? I remember a lot of hype for Trespasser, the trailer with Solas saying "I suspect you have questions" made everyone lose their minds. EA Spain also leaked it early, so by the time Laidlaw announced it a few hours later at PAX, people were already wetting themselves and wanting to know more. It was a pretty dope moment, after months of silence.

>an elf ruling Orlais
That's impossible, although I guess it's now something that could happen in the future, if Solas really succeeds in his plans. But yes, Briala simply wants to help her people and if you read the book, you know she isn't absolutely supposed to go back with Celene, nothing good can come out of it. Gaspard + Briala is one of those "wise choices" that Bioware clearly "approves" of more, those they invest more time and effort in, just like Leliana is clearly "supposed" to be Divine and Morrigan is "supposed" to have Kieran.

Hype lasted like a week and only solaswives cared that much, /dag/ still died before September 2017 a few times.

2015 I mean. Not current year.

>an elf ruling Orlais
Oh, yeah, you are right. The Orlesians would never except that. The whole reason why Celene had to burn the Alienages was because of the rumour that she liked Elves. In the Grand Game, for a royalty to like Elves is scandalous.

accept*

Why are elves smooth twinks in DA? Like who thought that was a good idea?

Girls do like twinks... Elves were like that in the first game but got improved a lot in the third game.

Which dlcs should I buy for all the DA games?

Trespasser and descent are both worth it. Don't bother with the other games they are outdated.

Awakening, Legacy, Trespasser.

/dag/ never had any multiple solaswives. LSW and all the other solaswives that showed up and disappeared few months are just personas of one particular user. It was a samefag mess

>Every poster I don't like is the same person
We went through this already, whiny...

Reminder that "LSW" needs to kill itself.

Can WORD this post!

kys

kiss

LSW is my boyfriend...

E**** is female. . .

female (male)

>E****
Say it

oh

oh oh

*kills /dag/*

Just sad

Every time I think this place can't get any worse. Every time you guys outside yourselves.

I just uninstalled all DA games.

What took you so long?

I thought Bioware would announce DA4 this year, but apparently they didn't do anything.

They are so ridiculously secretive about what kind of DA game they are making that it feels like they are afraid of the reaction. It's not a secret anymore that a DA game is being made, might as well say it's DA4 and nobody would be surprised. A "Hehe it really WAS DA4!!" would be totally lame at this point and cause nothing but a "Wow, no shit" kinda reaction from fans. Another possibility is that it's not DA4 but something absolutely nobody asked for, which is a more reasonable explanation for their dumb behavior.

Dude, I will take anything but multiplayer shit. Please don't be multiplayer. I have heard that Inquisition was going to be an actual MMO, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are making one right now.

Anthem is another thing nobody asked for. That game is Anti-BioWare as hell. EA making them turn DA into a MMO cash cow would not be too far fetched.

If you had to live in Thedas, how would you make a living? Would you become a mercenary, a treasure seeker, join the Inquisition, a grey warden, a common city-vendor, a thief, a prostitute, lyrium smuggler, a blacksmith, etc?

I would go to the nearest village/city and join the local chantry as an affirmed chantry sister, who takes care of the chantry. A comfy and safe life but definitely not the most adventurous one.

>the previous game ends on a huge cliffhanger
>devs promise to bring closure, especially to the solavellan romance and the many questions left unanswered (Well of Sorrows, Mythal's fate, Qunari vs Tevinter war)
>they literally show the northern part of the map, where most of the fucked up shit is going to happen and where all the places and countries we still haven't explored are
>even the comic confirmed we are going to Tevinter

Really, if they are making a MMO game, then they are more retarded than I thought possible. That's the last thing people want and the last thing the series needs to survive. Either they can't still officially say anything because of Anthem or they are working on a spin-off, but even that would be retarted as fuck.

A slaver. 100 sovereigns per heathy elf.

It's an mmo in tevinter m8. Just imagine how perfectly tevinter works as a player main hub for trading etc!

I've got the feeling they are playing with words, now. Like, everyone is saying "DA4!DA4!DA4!", but they abandoned the numbers system and the next game won't be numbered, just like Inquisition (something like Dragon Age: Wolf Hunt or whatever). So they will say "Well, it's NOT DA4, technically :^) " and that's how they are gonna justify all this being secret and stuff.

But at this point, I also feel like they want people to stop being so hype, because it's just gonna bite them all in the ass. Also that Kennedy mentioned in his blog the mistake many people made in assuming he was working on that old, abandoned Bioware IP when in reality he was working on The Last Court browser game. He warned people not to come to the same fast assumptions this time, so I'm really starting to fear.

Is anyone even excited for the next game? They announced that HoF is never coming back and we know where the plot is headed with Solas and Tevinter. The new comic looks boring and we know some of those bland characters in it will appear as companions in the next game. Gaider has also left, who is responsible for most of the interesting lore and characters. My hype level is very low atm.

Gaider was becoming an hindrance to the project. His style and ideas weren't as good as before and he's responsible for many of the asspulls of the series. He had become so insufferable he had to delete his Tumblr account and engage the fans on Twitter as little as possible because he argued with EVERYONE.

I personally am pretty hyped about it: they are finally telling and showing us more, things are getting hectic and interesting, we're finally going to explore the most interesting countries and the series' design evolved well (the elven aesthetics and Ferelden's countryside looked great as fuck in Inquisition).

I just don't want them to abandon everything to work on some weird spinoff or MMO, not after that cliffhanger. We already know they're not working on a tactical game (Darrah confirmed so), but all these mysterious, vague tweets are weird, while they should be teasing and funny (and the only one who writes them like that is Darrah, who always looks like he's about to reveal everything and is barely able to stop himself)

Alrightty, you gave me some hope. Maybe Weekes will deliver a greater game than Inquisition.

A whore.

Weekes on the other hand is the guy who said ":heroes don't torture", I'm afraid this will extend to "heroes don't use evil magic" or "heroes don't fight for a slave society" and have us railroaded into overthrowing Tevinter with the aid of slaves and qunari.

Same here. And why stop at alienage rats? How about something exotic, like a dalish, avvar or chasind? Trickier to find let alone wrangle, but they fetch a higher price.

Too risky for a pleb like me. I would end up getting captured by their clan and turned into a sex slave.

Dan's comfy... you know what.

There are plenty of ex-army guys in the business and one doesn't survive Seheron by being an idiot. The trick is convincing them that helping you out will be mutually beneficial.

Nugs.

It has been a while since someone has posted Cassandra. I almost forgot her face.

>It has been a while since someone has posted Cassandra

I'm kind of glad. Look how spammer user has ruined Leliana.

My love for Leliana has faded a bit just because I haven't touched any Dragon Age game in a while. Same applies to Solas. Spammer user hasn't influenced me at all.

You know, I finally got around to playing DA: Origins for the first time and I fucking missed this character. Though, I didn't realize that until probably 30 hours later, so fuck it.

What did I miss guys? Is she the character you spec into archery and all that?

>What did I miss guys?

Not much. Zevran is a better character so use him as your rogue.

>Is she the character you spec into archery and all that?

Yeah, but archery is shit in DAO in any difficulty above normal.

Well, it is a very common thing for first-timers to miss Leliana or Sten in Lothering. Don't fret though, Origins is designed around multiple playthroughs to get the full experience. You can always start a new character, with a new build, a new origin story and romance Leliana.

Leliana is the purest, sweetest, loveliest and the most benevolent companion in Origins. She has the most amount of dialogue in the base game and has even her own dlc which explains her backstory. Although, she doesn't play any role in the main story like Morrigan and Alistair. If you missed her in Lothering, the story won't change at all. As for her usefulness in combat... she is pretty bad when specced into archery, almost like a liability. I always give her dual daggers so she can stab things up-close.

Yeah I wound up getting Sten, though he always dies like a glass bitch. Currently I'm on normal difficulty with:

Main Guy: Warrior/Berserker
War Doge
Wynne
Zevran

Sten is hard to miss. You can use Wynne to buff his defenses during combat. Anyway, what race are you playing as?

Playing as a Human male.

Oh, a human male... you should probably romance Morrigan. I am glad you missed Leliana, she is better suited for female Wardens, preferably an Elf.

morrigan is sexy

Fuck yeah

Go away. He is already taken.

Didn't he write Masked Empire? That was filled with all messed up shit. I think he'll be fine.

Solas' VA singing, from reddit. It is pretty lovely:

solas-the-dreamboat.tumblr.com/post/121688616628/wanna-hear-solas-do-a-poem-and-sing-well-here