Roster Reveal:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/dark-elf-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/skaven-army-roster/

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Last thread:Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged!

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/how-total-war-warhammer-2-aims-to-fix-the-strategy-genres-endgame-fatigue/
pcgamer.com/thieves-loot-a-van-carrying-total-war-warhammer-2-collectors-editions/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

LOVE ETERNAL!

SOON

ANCIENT EMPIRES STILL NOT RELEASED

I LOVE TO GET FUCK-FUCKED!

> Start Osrogoth campaign
> Plan to rampage across gaul and spain to build up a huge cash buffer before taking over Rome itself
> Don't make enough from sacking a city to make up for the cost in walking there
> Give up and just take over italy instead

I might as well just sail to some island and disband all my armies and soak up camp building income, itd make me a shit ton more cash.

I keep thinking his name isn't queer or queek but queef. You know, a vagina fart.

Whens release date again? This friday the 22nd?

I guess I should get around to pre-ordering at some point.

DELET

its the 28th my friend so next thursday

Never fucking ever user.

>Fate of Bjuna used to wipe out entire units instead of putting them to half health

>6k+/turn on minimal taxes
>secured an entire side of the island before realm divide
>have armored monk province up
>bow monk province up soon
feels good lads

Now that I have my armor province maxed, what should I be using in my armies? Fielding full stacks of monks is probably going to be too expensive, but I don't know what to bring to supplement. I'm thinking of something like
>general
>2xcav
>6x bow monks
>4x warrior monks
>???

Hordes are a bit tricky, you are expected to make do with somewhat sub-par armies in order to stay in the positive. You really can make a good deal of money fucking the romans however since they have a lot of undefended territory

fate of bjuna + spirit leech used to be an instant win, then it was magic missiles, then devolve. Nets used to be much stronger as well. Now Dwellers Below and Final Transmutation are the broken spells

>10 more days

its just next week user. Just say it that way, it makes it seem closer, at least for me anyway.

Rock the boat!

>tfw all the posting about things I don't like about it I am still excited for TWW2
Vortex campaign can get fucked though, combined campaign better not take too long

It is now September, and the return of the true Phoenix King is nigh. All across Naggaroth the legions of the Witch King beckon to their sovereigns summons.
Surveying his skin cloth campaign map for the last time, Malekith knows to be ever weary of the roving tribes in the north; and also not to be ignorant of any ambitious dreadlords.
Word has reached him that his mother has marched south without order, it is of little consequence, though the rumour that she has resurrected her cult of pleasure is troubling.
On Ulthuan his spies report that Tyrion is engaged with another cult, taking advantage of the conflict could allow the Witch King to establish another foothold on Ulthuan.
Further south where the shifting sands of Araby blow, it has been reported that the servile men of the Asrai have conquered swathes of land, the riches of this land could well aid Malekiths coffers if he chose to wrest it from them. Though another rumour, perhaps untrue, but not worth ignoring is that a hold of the ratmen is situated somewhere in this land.
Finally from out of the land of Lustria little has been heard, the most valuable pieces of information being that a notable lord of the lizardmen is currently fighting human settlers by himself, it could be advantageous to eliminate such an opponent as swiftly as possible. As for the other piece of information, it has been heard that the whoreson Teclis is leading an expedition on the southernmost tip of Lustria, supposing he survives the dangers of the land it would give Malekith great pleasure to have a rematch.
Regardless of where the first strike is made Malekith will control the vortex and regain his homeland. Domination by a best elf soon!

The problem with hordes I found is that it's often a lot more worthwhile to... just be nomadic forever. You never have to care about public order or corruption. I ran a full loyalist campaign as Belisarius and you could rake in huge sums of cash by just having a few stacks with zero troops and nothing but economic buildings farting around.

I had assumed the sacking income levels would be like WH1 levels, though, where you could pull in 10k-20k from taking big name places. Instead, even sacking rome would have been worth only a pithy 2k.

wish they would focus on getting it out before adding more shit to the mod, like how dei did thier mod development.

they are trying to make a dei 2.0 for attila, when all they need to do is convert the setting. I'd much rather have r2 setting with attila mechanics than r2 setting with modded gameplay that changes a bunch of shit for whatever reason

Yeah, pretty much. Looking at the most recent info released it's about fucking traits and retainers. Why have they added 500+ traits and 100+ new retainers instead of getting a solid tech and building tree?
Their priorities are just all whack.
They still haven't tried a proper campaign yet.

I heard if you have TW warham one and two you get a combined map or something
Have I been rused?

Yes.

It releases a "few weeks" after W2 comes out.

You heard right, one of the first things they said, also it will be like a month after release so plan accordingly
>tfw playing lizardmen first cause don't see them wanting to do anything with old world.

Hopefully they'll give all the factions a revamp to go with the combined map. They confirmed someone will be moved to Skavenblight so big changes are possible
I just want a reason to go from one side of the map to the other

>someone will be moved to Skavenblight

FUCK OFF LEAVE MIRAGLIANO ALONE

It will be queek going to skavenblight
unless ca want to be really cool and have thanquol as a freecl with the combined map amd have him in capital and put queek in karak eight peaks where he should be.

TASTE GOLD MAGIC

my prediction
>queek starts out in skavenblight
>skrolk in southlands/lustria
>dlc/flc skaven faction in skavenblight
>belegar/skarsnik rolled into dwarfs/greenskins (unlock requires you to own K8P)
>throgg/wulfric combine into norsca
>vamp counts become one faction again
>wurrzag gets rolled into greenskins
>brettonia becomes one faction, requires you owning bordeleux/carcassone for alberic/the fey
>teclis gets sent back to ulthuan
>kroq-gar gets sent back w/ mazdamundi

>They confirmed someone will be moved to Skavenblight
They did? Is that recent or part of some old stream I missed. My vote's on Queek, but I imagine he'll be moved to KEP if Thanquol comes out as a free lord like Vlad did.

Why would any of that happen? It just gives us less factions and lord options lol

I'm assuming some of it will happen because there will be less room overall on the campaign map so things will be downsized

pcgamer.com/how-total-war-warhammer-2-aims-to-fix-the-strategy-genres-endgame-fatigue/

>One such way Creative Assembly plans to underscore this drive for long-term engagement and more diverse battles is by rearranging how Legendary Lords take to the battlefield. In the first Total War: Warhammer, each race had two Legendary Lords that started from the same locations, however the sequel will now see them separated.

tl;dr, all the LLs are being separated and moved to new locations. However, if Izzy and Vlad are separated, there's going to be fucking riots, I'm telling you now.

I think that is referring to the fact that each base race in tww2 has 2 different starting locations

That is pretty obviously talking about TWW2, not the combined map.

They confirmed the Old world will not be altered in anyway. The new world however it's likely they will cut out parts of it.

>September of the current year
>not owning every single bit of Total War™ Warhammer™ premium DLC
Lör excuse?

Ownership is overrated

>Still pushing this lie

McFucking kill yourself

What rites do you think the Old World factions will have, assuming that they'll get them when the combined map comes out?

They wont get them.

>What rites do you think the Old World factions will have, assuming that they'll get them when the combined map comes out?
I hope that rites stay a vortex only thing, they are just another way for the campaign to get even easier for the player than it already is

We don't know yet, but they'll get them.

>What I would like the first game factions get upon the combined map release
Anything

>What they're going to get
Nothing

They're not related to the vortex race itself and they're the only way Lizardmen can recruit Slann, so they'll probably carry over

That sounds odd. Where will the skaven be? They have several cities besides Skavenblight that are currently not on the map (Hell Pit, Black Chasm, etc.).

>They're not related to the vortex race itself and they're the only way Lizardmen can recruit Slann, so they'll probably carry over

This

lets do some mental thinking. Maybe Luminarks will get locked behind them somehow? Or steam tanks

I'd like steam tanks being locked behind them. I'd also like them capped at 8 for LOOOOORE, but hey.

Maybe Arachnorks for the greenskins? Or shamen, since I think shamen are a bit on the rare side in the lore right?

>I think shamen are a bit on the rare side in the lore right?
If the green cunts overgyrate in lore as much as they do ingame, they are indeed rare as fuck

Blowing their own 'eads apart from soaking up too much WAAAGH! juice is a common problem. Turning themselves into squigs with magic is another.

Which is something I can personally live with.
Queek goes yo 8 peaks, both helves go to ulthuan, Skrolk moves up a bit, vam0ire coast remains very visible, Ulthuan gets shrunk a little, delves are fine, lizards are fine.

goblins fag btfo'd

G O B L I N S

What is he btfo'd about?

GOTCHA

Yep, and Queek and Karak 8 Peaks still gives both Skarsnik and Belegar incentives to take the place, but now makes it a more formidable foe than endless Mutinous Gitz stacks

gobblers

>totalbiscuit still hasn't uploaded his footage to youtube

AAAH I NEED TWW2 GAMEPLAY

Do AI Skarsnik and Belegar even try to reach K8P? I've never seen them do so. Most of the time Skarsnik gets wiped out early on and Belegar confederates with Thorgrim.
Anyways, I hope the rats receive a few additional settlements besides 8 Peaks and Skavenblight. Otherwise I have the feeling you won't get to fight them very often.

One time I had Belegar marching down and settling destroyed territories that I was gonna take as Thorgrim. Was pretty fucking annoying

So if Old-World factions won't get Rites, do you think they'll get new campaign mechanics?

Like Queek having a Skarsnik/Belegar-esque campaign for K8P?

Hell Pit is in Old World

thats what he is saying - if the old world doesn't get changed outside of skavenblight, what will they do for other old world skaven cities, since they don't have nicely located dead zones like skavenblight

I've seen Belegar try to make his way there but he usually gets shut out by grosskaraziums. I've never seen Skarsnik do anything other than fuck with the Empire before getting BTFO.

>tfw there will never be a good, complete Total Conversion mod for Attila

>reading TWW forum
>almost 100 page thread crying about high elves not being strong enough

that's what happens when you're good at everything but master of none

don't remind me

Nice job. How do you do early Uesugi game? I always get rektd because everyone hates me form the start. No trade no allies and fucking large starting province you can't secure with poor one stack.

I think you'll need something other than monks to absorbe damage. Monks have no armour so naginata sam to form some anvil won't be bad choice.

S2 has best atmosphere of all TW games.

>S2 has best atmosphere of all TW games.
This, truly CA's greatest work of art

>Canon says Pestilens have major strongholds in Southlands.

LOL no. Place them in Lustria

>Canon says that Mors controll Eight Peaks wich is constatnt warzone. Being in endless defensive from Dwarfs and Greenskins forced Mors to become organized clan.

LOL no. Put them in Southern Jungles.

I went west to deal with the faction you start at war with, and then went back east and south through my vassal's territory before the horsefuckers declared war on me. I think the most important thing that I did was put my daimyo's brother in the province directly west of the capital, which was able to fight off an ikko ikki incursion. I got lucky and one of the minor factions to the east was friendly, which meant I only had to worry about one direction

pcgamer.com/thieves-loot-a-van-carrying-total-war-warhammer-2-collectors-editions/

looks like arabs will be playing the game first

This honestly chapped me. Southlands shouldn't have had any player factions until Kangz/Araby. They obv did it for gameplay to have locations on each continent

Well, there's no K8P in the vortex campaign, hopefully they'll be placed there in the combined campaign.
I'm ok with Pestilens sitting in Lustria, Lizardmemes are their biggest enemy after all.

Could've been worse desu

Disc copies dont exist anymore. At best it will link to steam to download the game. They made upload the ebooks of what small interest that may be.

they are going to be disappointed, no kings or araby

>He cares about the """story""" in a Total War game

Unironically kys you'reselv

>I got lucky and one of the minor factions to the east was friendly
It was this probably. And yes Takeda being dick to player in every campaign is painfull. Especially since every other clan loves him for that sweet warhorse trade agreement.

well there's greenskins, or beastmens.

>Warhammer as a setting is literally built, from the ground up, to allow for narrative contrivance so that any faction can pop up anywhere and fight any other faction
>"Why are these factions in these locations for contrived reasons just so they can fight these other factions?"

Are you sure you get Warhammer at all?

I'm not complaining about Rats placement. I'm just saying they could choose other clans. Especially Mors in Southland jungles is just really strange.

just pay for the sub, goy

still pisses me off how bad the piece of shit that is europe has become, especially Britain, a shadow of its former glory.

Well they were destroyed in every battle footage they've shown so far.

Pestilens is from, and traditionally has had a presence in Lustria. For accuracy they should have been in the Southlands at the time period the games take place in, but of the major clans they have the strongest claim to Lustria.

As for Mors, it comes down to what clans CA was going to use. They're obviously only going to use the major clans (which they might not even be able to do all of the big 4 by the time the games are done) of which Mors is like an unofficial 5th member. So what's worse, shuffling around one of the big 4, or Mors? You said yourself, Pestilens is ill-placed in Lustria, they couldn't then do it again with one of the main 4. So next in line, Mors then. And it's not even Mors proper really, it's Queek leading an expedition force (just like Kroq-Gar) at the command of the Council, the rest of Mors is still for K8P. I find that totally tolerable.

I mean if you're complaining about that, can you imagine the complaining if they'd shoved someone like Moulder or Skryre in the Southlands?

FIFTY

I think the choice of Pestilens and Mors was to justify the idea that these clans could hold significant unified territory at all, given the proclivity for skaven to backstab at a moments notice. Pestilens skaven are noted for their increased unity owing to their religious zealotry, and Mors are Mors. Other skaven clans might bring up questions on how its possible for a rat warlords to work together without betraying you/each other constantly.

Other great clans could probably have stood in place of Mors, but they probably wanted an "Undivided" skaven army. And they also probably wanted Queek to have a role in the K8P bullshit in the unified map so having him be involved from the get go would line up with that goal, and Queek is also a good choice to serve as the "melee" warlord of the two rats.

Pestilens in Lustria makes more sense than anyone else, "re-launching" their old invasion.

As for the Southlands they could have basically chosen anyone since the only ones with established holdings down there are Pestilens, obviously they through Queek was the coolest guy so they chose Mors.
I suppose with the whole "Hunt for warpstone" theme you might be able to argue that Skryre would have made more sense and I would personally have liked Ikit Klaw more than Queer Headgiver, but it's still basically the same shit, Skryre doesn't live in the Southlands either.

What I would have liked most would be if they'd done Thanquol and it was just some completely mercenary expedition ordered by the Council of 13 without any specific Clan's backing, but a non-clan taking significant land holdings and even directly competing against other Clans would have arguably been even harder to justify.

Also worth pointing out that Queek isn't the main leader of Mors. The other "main" characters of each clan are the leaders, so displacing them from their capital is stranger than Queek who's basically Gnawdell's errand boy.

>Thanquol and it was just some completely mercenary expedition

I'd have preferred that too desu, however considering the combined map, what I'm guessing their plan to be, is a more elegant solution. Thanquol leading the generic "Skaven" faction, like Louen for "Bretonnia", and then you've got a LL for each of the major clans elsewhere.

OK. I guess that makes snese.

Whoever is making these new threads, why are you removing the official /twg/ pastebin FAQ, but thanks for keeping the pastebin of missing units, should just be lizardmen to go

I think there was consternation that the FAQ was badly out of date

Not to mention the fact that Queek is a good poster boy for the skaven given that he's brave and badass. Skrolk is a bit too disgusting for most people's taste and they don't really have another melee hero. There's Craventail but he's quite a minor figure.

That's should be empire not HE the only thing HE don't excel at is horde swarms

Thanquol could have been hilarious but given that even by skaven standards he is a lying pos who ruins everything he touches winning a campaign and completing the ritual with him would feel odd. He'll be fine as a FLC.

Skaven hierarchy has always been awkward

You can always do an asspull and say that Clan Leaders are always in Skavenblight to keep their interests secure, leading from the shadows, while notable Skaven like Queek, Ikit Claw or Skrolk serve as the actual leading figure amongst their clans