/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Palico edition

>Monster Hunter World
-MH:Worlds is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Trailer 8/18: youtube.com/watch?v=ULqY6yXn2S4
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. out now, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
-Monster Hunter Stories released!

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorlds, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dSUVlE1Pudo?t=767
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm still playing through the story of MHS but what's the difference between normal monsters and HR monsters? Just better stats?

I assume it isn't worth it to hunt for good monsters and build complete gene sets until I have HR dungeons?

The monster selection in HR 4U hub is so bad. Can't even get a savage Jho without the event or things like expeditions and fuck me if I try to search for a room.

There's a Savage Jho in HR Caravan

I know, but I'm talking about hub specifically. I need to farm it quite a lot and would rather speed it up.

Make a room, I'll help.

Playing MH XX, anyone mind tagging along to guild Hall Blagonga?

I've already turned off my 3ds for the night. Thanks for the offer though.

HR monsters are stronger yes, but HR doesn't affect eggs stats, just what spawns (you have to be so far in the game to get some monsters, and beat the games for a few more, like Kirin).
The only thing that affects Monstie stats is it's gene grid and the extra stats it gets when you hatch it I do believe. So always aim for heavy smelly eggs with gold backgrounds when hatching, then just add nutrients (up to 10 only) for stats and stims (you can find them in the extra rooms of rare and HR rare dens) to unlock gene slots.

How long until /mhg/ realises that Stories is the best game in the series? I give it 2 weeks.

>tfw no Monster Hunter World on Nintendo Switch

What rank?

Low, just started out

Solo your low rank urgents m8.
If it was hyper I would understand, but it's just a LR monkey.

Yeah? It is just a monkey, I just don't wanna waste too much time on it because of the inflated HP pool but I think I might

We are all shills by the way for liking a Capcom game.

>(Dead)

oops

>browsing /v/

I was bored, ok? :(

You should masturbate, or even do drugs instead.

>love owls
>think it would be cool to have an owl monster in the games
>instead feel like shit any time I kill it

shitty monster makes you feel like shit
it fits

Will Kirin and Nargacuga armor be in World?

narga sure, but none of that G rank version, LR and HR ugly versions only.

>shitty monster

TAKE THAT BACK

Does world not have G rank?

almost 100% sure it's not going to have G rank, also with the non paid DLC model we are looking at a rerelease for G rank next year

good morning /mhg/!

>finally update luma to the latest version
>can now take kill screen screenshots on my shitty o3ds without using ntr shit
>can even upload them directly to internet or my pc using ftp
Thanks piracy bros, I wouldn't even be able to play this game in English without you.

>tfw you got an amazing killcam and wanted to capture it or even take a photo of the screen but you fucked up and can't toggle the menu anymore.
Feels bad man

doesn't rosalina take ages to screenshot though?

bully a Jhen Mohran!

Do NOT bully a Jhen Moran
In fact, don't bully any of the monsters.

I put bombs in its mouth!

Yeah, like 10 seconds. Better than nothing tho, and it saves them in bmp.

Goodnight, /mhg/.

clickety clack, bully an Agnak!

good night cat

bully in style user

What did Jhen Moran EVER do to you, user?

Tried to eat the town that employs me

he made me stuck so I could've get any shiny carves! ok maybe it was the bomb but still.

My very first mixed set! Time to do some LR guild hall DLC quests for fun!
>focus on hammer
I know, I know.

Why are you even bothering with late LR armors? They are superseded even by the lowliest HR leather armor.

I tried Jhen MORON in 3U last night three separate times. Used all the cannon balls, used all the ballista shots, broke the weak points on its back, and it STILL destroyed the boat before it died. Both the fucking tusks were broken, both its legs. I don't have a clue what I'm doing wrong.

Isn't Jaggi S absurdly good or something?

Hey /mhg, what is your online lobby étiquette?

It's fun to make things, much more fun to bully monsters for them!

G rank? You simply have to time the gongs and binding ballista right so it does no damage. Also bring cats and ones who can do well with the Ballista while you're on its back.

Don't be French

>carrying a cannonball/firing normal ballista shots/on his back
>he starts moving to attack
>obviously no time to gong or anything
What now

>mixed sets

World better give us AT LEAST twice as many slots to register armor sets than 4U/Generations
In a game with so much shit to craft and so many possible combinations, a 40 armor set limit is fucking ridiculous.

DLC quests is his goal so I suppose he wants to keep them challenging, but not to the point where they take 20 minutes? Guild hall quests in P3rd make the monsters have really high health pools and the weapon choices are very limited at that stage. Also to upgrade the bath you pretty much have to complete all Village quests to unlock the bathhouse quests.

When I did Jhen I would just observe him one round. See which attacks he did in what order. He ALWAYS does the same attacks at set times. If he gets flinched, he might change his pattern a little. Just to give an example:
>fight begins him on the right
>does 2 turd attacks (avoid)
>1. use all 10 ballista you got from chest (break a horn if you can)
>gets close (2. gather ballista ammo while this is happening, get 10x)
>does 1 turd attack (final)
>tackles the boat once (3. use binding ballista to prevent)
>gets close (enough to climb on it)
now, if you climb on, he's gonna push you off because:
>does a tackle
4. Instead of climbing on the first chance you get, you use the gong. Now he's gonna do another tackle too, but at least now you've prevented all the initial attacks and you have time to damage him on his back perhaps to stop additional tackles. If your cats are doing well, they can help you flinch it.

I could go on, but it's easier once you just train and get a hang of it.

tl;dr - Jhen Mohran has patterns and you have Binding, Gong and Ballista to try and flinch him out of the attacks.

>hunting horn is so retarded that even with the affinity+20% song in a group for critboosters and a collective +32% in your party's efficiency, its infrequent and shit motion values still make it a slower hunt than any other weapon having replaced it instead
>"i-i'm helping"

>4 man group
Slower by such a small amount that no one really cares.

Slower by 5 minutes is not a small amount.

If a 4 man group is taking long enough that 5 minutes matters, something else is wrong besides someone using HH.

what do you expect wwhen you spend half the hunt tooting songs instead of attacking nonstop like everyone else.

It's a great starting HR armor with CriticalEye+2, AuM and RecSpeed+2, but bad defence and generally bad elemental defences all over. Good for getting a foot hold and farming better armors, but really bad if your aim is to go straight to Silver Sol.

If simply switching to a HH makes you take 5 minutes longer in a 4man then the problem isn't the HH.

hh is shit deal with it

More like you and the people you're playing with are shit.

Why do Advanced quests even exist?

It sure is fun trying to farm and suddenly not having the quest anymore.
It sure is fun taking and abandoning other quests just to get new ones back in your pool.
It sure is fun joining a room online and no one having the quest.

More like you're retarded and not going to heaven so you're complacent with being a little bitchshitter to random people online.

>goldface
Opinion discarded.

Is Striker a good choice for Switchaxe?
The weapon type has great Hunter Arts, but I imagine it loses something valuable in return.

Capcom's MH team was compiled from the dumbest dropout neets japan had to offer.

Play what you like friend but HH is trash.

Doesn't mean it makes group hunts take any longer, at least not enough to matter. If one person can get good times on the hunt then a whole group is going to crush it as long as one of those four know what the hell they are doing.

Whoever designed the quest structure and content in 4U deserves to be publicly flogged. Why quests that randomly appear out of nowhere need to be a thing. Why a good portion of monsters (and their related armors and weapons) are relegated to that mess that is the Everwood and Guild Quests. It's such a bad way to pad up content.

Fuck Monster Hunter. I can't stop playing Samus Returns

First half of the game feels like a slog though

Just like Monster Hunter I guess.

I'm sorry for your shit taste and diaper fetish. You can't convince me a rehash of the weakest old school Metroid game made by the guys of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 can be good.

Until you can get the farm/item multiplier going well on top of some decent kitchen upgrades maybe, though that's not exactly halfway

i like em, i would rarther the old monster hunter 2 active quest system rather then advanced quests though

As someone playing through 4U for the first I have to agree with you. Holy shit are the gathering hall quests all over the place. It's such a cluster fuck.
Finding people to farm Jhen is hard enough without the quest disappearing on me.

I'm also trying to make a mixed GS set over here, but the game keeps telling me to fuck off.
>need garuga parts
>GQ and RNG expeditions only
So I remove Garuga parts from Athena's and substitute Kushala parts instead
>need kushala tickets
>GQs only

>rehash

At least 80% of the posts including the word "rehash" are retarded but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt: how is it a rehash?

>Kushala tickets

You're making a high rank set? You're probably just better off making full Rath Soul and gem in Focus.

I'm actually wearing the full Rath soul right now, but I would like crit draw AND focus now that I've just hit G-rank.
Also it's kind of ugly and the mixed I was going for looks pretty good.

I think you might as well wait until G2 and go for Diablos X.

Wuddafug are these "special permits" and how do I use them

So, the fastest way to buy XX in the west right now, is getting two 3000 yen play cards from play asia right?

Good luck then, you won't see good G rank armors until Seregios comes up. Really, who's the idiot who came up with armor skills in this game, they are all the fucking place.

You need them for the deviant monster quests. You get to them in the Hub.

Amazon probably works too.

Cool, thanks! These look interesting enough, can't wait to try them out

Deviants are cool as fuck, rathian and rathalos are a good fight now thanks to them

youtu.be/dSUVlE1Pudo?t=767

>Jagras just swallows an entire Aptonoth whole

Yes, and?

he didn't chew

>decide to play P3rd again since I could now play it on my Vita
>try out LBG since it's now my main weapon after trying it in the 3DS games
>that fucking aiming
Dear god how did anyone actually sit through using those things back then

They really should add a "skip all low rank" options for faggots like you. When you use it, it would lock you out of half of the skill gems and food upgrades. Because you know, you love to skip half of the game so you should get a harder experience. I seriously loathe people like you.
>Why don't you skip half the game so you get best weapon and armor and then quit?
>Why do you want to enjoy the whole game?
>Why are you having fun?
>Why did you make more than one armor set?
>Why are you leveling your cats?
>Why are you clearing all quests?
>Why are you getting crowns?
>Why are you gathering stuff for blade/gun armors?
>Why are you using more than one weapon?
>Why aren't you using only greatsword?
>Why did you gem in evasion?
>Why am I such an obnoxious elitist faggot who treats a single player game like it's an MMO where you have to rush to the finish line only to skip the cutscene so I can go on the forums and beg for another game to satiate my MMO addiction needs because I'm dead inside and can't have fun in video games anymore?

His mommy got freaky with a sbake

Gotta feed his bros

Glad the guy who made Zamtrios and his fetishes are still with MH's crew.

>American:the monster

I really don't care about your hurt feelings about my terrible opinions. The problem remains: why have content, why taking effort making it when it's not even worth bothering in game since the late part of the game rewards you infinitely more. In P3rd, Low Rank Mohran armor has less defense of High Rank Leather armor, which means it's useless as soon as you complete it. There's too much disparity in utility, making the content ultimately worthless. It's just not great design.

>[Leopard-Raws] Monster Hunter Stories - Ride On - 49 RAW (CX 1280x720 x264 AAC).mp4
Raw of Stories anime episode 49 is out now if anyone interested since it's still unknown whether the simulcast will be continuing or not.

I'm gonna watch stories anime when they show seregios mauling rathalos

>no items
>no armor
>GS only
>arena
Monster Hunter: Arena.