>What to Play
pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>News
Poschengband v7.0.0 released: angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8500
Play the OOOK.CZ comp you casuals
angband.oook.cz/competition.php

InfraArcana v19.x has been released: sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/downloads
IA v19 Changelog can be found here: raw.githubusercontent.com/martin-tornqvist/ia/v19.0/res/release_history.txt

Angband 4.1.0 has been released:
angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?p=122044#post122044

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>Roguelike Servers:

roguenex.us/ (CDDA, angband, PCB)
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)
hardfought.org/ (Nethack and variants, including slex)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/21007
github.com/Coolthulhu/Cataclysm-DDA/wiki/Changelog
roguebasin.com/index.php?title=Coffeebreak_roguelike
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for roguelikes are too RNG-based

3rd for anime, which is a roguelike according to the berlin interpretation

fourth for playing the oook comp
again

Now forge notele onto it.

I like when they're implemented through the class system/conducts like Sil, Crawl, or Infra Arcana, rather than altering enemy statblocks (since usually this just ends up making them sacks of hp with a billion damage).

Every fucking time.

Is there any, any use at all, to a rune of protection in peeceeb?

Haven't touched CDDA in like five months. Anything interesting new shit ?

enemies attempting to melee you when you're standing on one must first attempt to break the rune
also things can't be summoned onto them IIRC so you can do shit like filling a corridor with them and then shooting at enemies down the corridor
but this is only really viable if you have it as a castable spell rather than a scroll since it uses so many

runes of protection are ridiculous in tome2 (not pcb though) because summons must always appear within 2 tiles of the player, so if the player surrounds everything within 2 tiles in runes summoning spells will just fail and produce nothing

So in Demon, numbing breath or mighty roar?

cdda is dead most people are playing pouar fork

Guns were broken and KevinGranade refused to fix them, so everyone's been playing the Coolthulhu fork for the past few months. I heard a rumor about a fix being developed in mainline as well, but I don't know if it was merged or not.
Some furry on /rlg/ made a fork that adds NPC milking and a futa horse mutation path.
Someone found an old diaperfur fork on GitHub.

So mostly pointless drama really. No major changes in the game itself.

Alright so about that Coolthulhu version, any major differences between that and mainline (aside from the guns) ?

Sixfirhy Demonic Guardian is absolutely obscene.

Is Rush good?

Might be better than an Icesworn goblin, but I don't know what abilities your gobbo has.

>is perfecly controlled blink that also can boop for tons of damage good??
Yes.

Lolnvm though you mean tome4, have fun demonanon

I typically keep a goblin for a really long time as a a beefier Will-O-Wisp that can deal with elements better, and fusing it with an ice demon gives it the ability to smack around dangerous fire enemies (which I typically end up having to run from while the goblin distracts them)

If you haven't you should try giving a Goblin Evade Step and Ghost Pierce, this with it's natural evasion and mob dodge bonus makes it very hard to hit and lets it do decent damage

Nothing huge. I think it has a couple mods that were blocked from mainline for hurting some dev's feelings, like Dildon't and an option to disable the need for painkillers when installing CBMs.

I feel that I need to have at least one hand to hand demon, and I also want to figure out some use of the Maj. essence.

So are there any worthwhile mid game hosts to transplant Headless into? Not to mention, for such a tragic character, it'd be nice to give him a body that isn't too horrifying.

correct image

>can't compile incursion on linux unless i make my own makefile
fuck

Fuse Headless into Python?

I've checked these artifacts on the wiki and their drawbacks seems very hard to manage. What's the recommended artifact to use?

Is conjurer shit now that book of conjuring no longer has battlesphere?

Talatsu.
You'll learn one martial art for each NPC you kill while wielding that cursed sword.

What the fuck? First they made it level 5 and then they outright removed it when shit like summon ice beasts and sticky flame are perfectly OK?

Ice beasts and sticky flame are without a doubt way shittier than a mana efficient, makes a 1 mana magic dart actually deadly to literally anything within Lair, capable of buying time on a X by 1 corridor and projectile blocking battlesphere. It was too convenient and OP similar to Lightning spire

>also things can't be summoned onto them Holy SHIT I never knew that.
Use Wine. It works perfectly and even sage who compiled IVAN for linux ended up saying that wine was great.

I've been playing with filthy items on, and I don't think the morale penalties or increased infection chances are unreasonable. No, what's unreasonable is the fucking color.
To signify that they're dirty, the item names are rendered in the same brown used for rotten food. However, while rotten food is generally useless, filthy items can be cleaned, and even used as-is with some penalties, so you might actually want to read their names. And though you can, it's stupidly low contrast with the default color scheme. And if you change the color scheme, you also get higher contrast for brown ground tiles and rotten meat, which you never wanted.

Also, the soap requirement is stupid and arbitrary. Why can't I just scrub things clean in a river?

I remember that artifact set. How you doin' my man? Still exploiting amigara faults to create a shitton of artifacts?

>cut 70
>rapid strike and precise strike
A teensy bit overkill.

>Why can't I just scrub things clean in a river?
Because you're better off removing the mod altogether.

Did you know that in SLEX ponies can seduce the player?

Good times.

Recruited a new dude!
Also apparently there's no way to pacify an angry NPC.

First aid kits are incredibly difficult to craft and in general first aid is a skill with nearly no recipes, like computers.
The only way to get to 3 first aid without a book is to start the game with 2 points in it.

Good, those zombies are away now.

But why can't I extract clay from the river like I used to?
You could bloody well get it even from these flooded rooms in the lab, what gives?

Playing a dirty needler, just killed Mordecai -- is Terrifying or Crippler better? I'm guessing Crippler (applies hex, target becomes weak to all physical), but its hard to choose...

Amy please leave.

Hey /rlg/! Post your current character so this thread doesn't die.

Ah I see what happens.

github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/21007

They reworked clay extraction. But 75% of finding clay and 25% chance of finding sand doesn't seem normal considering that I spent the last two minutes wading in shallow water trying to get it.

Oh bloody hell, that's not much.
I've been looking around the riverbanks and I've found only one clay tile and one sand tile.

Is there any way to reinforce existing buildings in CDDA or am I better off just putting bookcases in front of the windows

Don't you have a shovel? Can't you dig up clay from shallow water?

Not anymore: see git issue.
Basically every x hundred dirt tiles a sand/ (25% chance) or clay (75% chance) spawn and they have a 1/4 chance after being used to turn into dirt tiles after giving you some sand/clay.

From the construction menu, you can board up windows and doors. You can't open them after you've boarded them up, however.

There must be a simpler way to create an immovable target to shoot at to practice my ranged skills.

Bloody bastard new NPC actually destroyed the bloody turret while I was aiming thinking it was an enemy. Now he's sitting in the corner.

github.com/Coolthulhu/Cataclysm-DDA/wiki/Changelog

Alright, this is weird.

I woke up and all my food stock, along with all my flour, were gone.
I looked everywhere in the lab and outside and they're not here. I literally ate one of the 80 biscuits I had before going to sleep and now there's none. They can't have rotted because flour doesn't rot and anyway it's too cold for stuff to spoil. I tried looking at my NPC in case he had stolen stuff by accident because he was set as "on guard" and walked a straight line over my food supply, but when I try to steal from him the game says he doesn't have anything.

...Is it possible for items in DDA to stop randomly disappearing if you put too many on a tile?
I have to know in order to understand if I have to start screaming.

All my books are gone too.
What the hell happened here? Nothing is burned and NPCs can't just appear.

What the fuck.

There were some reports of disappearing books, but no one managed to pinpoint anything.
Mysterious

A GHOST TOOK THEM

Heh. Yeah, time to ragequit.
The last time this happened, it was because the time progression was removing things from the world to look at them and then forgetting to put them back in. That only affected things that could rot, though, so it can't be the same bug this time.

rogue is not a roguelike

This leads me to wonder, what is the most roguelike game there is?

rogue

I'll wizmode them back on. I'll take a morale hit.

Reported.
:^)

It feels wrong. But at least we'll know if it happens again.

>zombie bites my arm
>the bite wound feels deep
>try to cauterize it with a knife
>infected
Welp. There's only one pharmacy visible, and it's right in the middle of Zombietown. Was there some kind of trick to surviving infections? There's a few houses on the outskirts of Zombietown, and they might have first aid kits lying around, but is there anything I can do if that turns out a bust?

Check vehicles too, ambulances occasionally have antibiotics.

Well, I took out the most annoying ones at least.

Take a datura seed.
It won't cure you, but it will drop your pain to 0 and make you not-die better while you're running around in search for the kit.

Apparently mechanics gets higher only if you repair and install cart parts that are equal to your skill level so that's a bummer.

So are blob globs safe to eat or am I gonna gonna mutatin into a slime if I eat them?

Nutritious and delicious. They've even got electrolytes.

>am I gonna mutatin mutatin
Holy shit I should not post when I'm tired

It says it looks poisonous so I think I'd rather starve

Nah, I never find any amigara faults in my game.

Artifacts in DDA are kinda untouched for a long time.
They're too rare, and when you find them, they're not good enough.
Maybe I'll make a pull request about artifact someday : artifact trader, artifact quest, more artifact effects, etc.

Anime/Manga horror mod in DDA when

>acid rain that only procs damage to the playrer without destroying items laying around, which was its intended purpose in the first place
PK, you piece of shit.

PK only enables shit from the json side, he can't into C++.

You know about the Junji Ito monster already in the game, right?

I can assure you that it's only from PK's mod.
Hell, even I don't know into C++ and I managed to compile hyper futa mares.

I know, that's why a full mod would be cool.

Goddamn I got spored and tooks some antifungal medication, but I still get body pains.
I guess I'll just have to start to see if I start vomiting and then use one of my last royal jellies.

Yes, but PK only enabled it, not wrote it.
And he enabled it through the json interface that also only allowed enabling and not tweaking it.

The actual effect of acid rain has been untouched for like 3 years, with the only changes being to accumulation of acid when the rain is funneled.

>Yes, but PK only enabled it, not wrote it.
yes that's the point
fuck PK for enabling it
Though I guess it could be useful for doing stuff with acid

What a fuckin puss

>Start run
>Zombie rushes me in forest, kill it
>Look around and find about 10 mangled corpses all with great items, better than I've found in any run so far
not sure if i should be happy or scared. i have multiple sources of light, containers, mood raising food, etc

Took its bloody time, but apparently a single clay tile gives a ton of clay.

That's a load off my mind at least.

youre lucky there wasnt a migo close by

>can't find any rocks
>decide to risk the road to see if I can find some abandoned cars to dismantle for steel
>find a library on the edge of town already cleared by two riot control bots
>find a WRENCH
Ah. Civilization. Now I just need a hacksaw.

Yeah it's still good.

>GIGANTIC square of zombies
>there's a helidrone shooting like crazy that literally finished its ammo and ran away
>he comes back
>my NPC gets swarmed by a zombie master and a smoldering zombie
>beats the shit out of them and then bitchslaps the helidrone until he runs away

Wow.

I see.

Managed to snatch a deputy badge and a shotgun before leaving, while trying to see if any of the cars worked. One of these bastards actually managed to destroy the helidrone and then followed the sound of my squeaky ankles.
Overall if I survive this was a good city run.

>Things not to do when coming back home: get ambused by a shitton of zombie children in the middle of nowhere
Once again pacifist rears its ugly head

The sadness is already clearing up a bit. I guess I'll just sleep it off.

Items acquired:
>some first aid books
>wrench AND screwdriver set (still missing a hacksaw to start actually working on cars and guns)
>a shotgun when shit hits the fan (two shots left)
>clay for kiln

Things are going good. Shame about the dead NPC. I'll sleep in the overworld tonight and hope someone else spawns.

That's certainly one way to wake up.

OH JOY

comfotably hugged

Could anyone suggest a coffebreak length RL with simplistic mechanics? I'm trying to introduce a friend to the genre and he is a bit of a puss, so i'll need to ease him in.

I doubt people here play coffeebreak roguelikes much.
Forays into Norrendrin is very manageable in its complexity and a run takes from 2 to 4 hours.

Choose one that seems fun to you
I'm partial to Gruesome myself
Smart Kobold if you want to get him interested and frustrated and looking up a walkthrough.

roguebasin.com/index.php?title=Coffeebreak_roguelike

U wat I'm confused. I picked free form, only took 1 positive trait because I just wanted a dumb melee hit dude, started moving it up... it let me put it to 20 with no warning about points. Then it let me max all other stats, too, with no issue.
Did I break the game?

isn't freeform the option that lets you spend infinite points for RP bullshit and/or easymode

>find hospital
>creep inside
>after searching about three quarters of the place, finally find a medicine storage
>it's guarded by a spitter
>survive the fight, both my legs have melted off
>the medicine storage has no antibiotics
>an adjacent room has two first aid kits, though!
>cure my infection
>walk back the way I came
>can no longer evade zombies on account of two broken legs
>cornered by a small group
>fuck it
>draw my revolver, gun them down
>more zombies
>make it to the front door, my car is just around the corner
>front door already guarded by another spitter
>at this point my arms are broken too
>shoot the spitter dead
>its entourage beats me to a pulp
>dywypi
Fucking hospitals. Those places are deathtraps. I could have done it if there had been antibiotics or medkits stored closer to the front doors, but that wasn't how the layout rolled.