/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

death and drugs edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
[Currently being updated with Blood Orchid changes]
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6db.com/
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Operation Blood Orchid (Hong Kong) is out now.
youtube.com/watch?v=93jV9004foc
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-GB/updates/bloodorchid/index.aspx
Poland map has been canceled. GROM operators are being released together with HK and SK operators.

comeback victory:

first for fuck ela

But I was just told not to buy it

second for fuck ela as well

this game is fun as shit though but it's dragged down by a whole bunch of issues.

i've had more fun than frustration with this game.

compromise and buy the starter edition since it's only 20 bucks and if you dont like it's not a huge loss

Just bought boosters, being in a team where everyone has boosters gives you 190% renown boost. Add Vibri_v

That's what I was thinking

Thank you, but what issues exactly?

do not buy the starter edition

It's a fun game, I quite enjoy despite being shit at it, negative KDR, negative W/LR, come back everyday to get my shit beat up again.

>what issues exactly
the ones that jump to mind are probably bad netcode and 3 speeds being too powerful.

there's probably a bunch of others since everyone here never seem to run out of bugs to find.

the fuck's going on?

SLOOOOOOOOOW devs, the littlest problem will take months to fix
netcode an ass, exasperated by 3speed and chinks manually region switching to abuse lag
poor balance for multiple ops, thankfully it usually leans towards underpowered rather than overpowered (aside from any new dlc ops and 50% of buffs)
won't really notice it much in game but "dude esports lmao" mentality

>rewatching the op vids for fun
>rook's vid
>the recruit's offhand starts off loose and open
>tightens into a fist before he shoots the plate
Cool detail

There's a recent rubberbanding issue, that Ubi doesn't know what causes it and hence doesn't know how to fix.
There's a lot of clipping through walls/floors. What infuriates me the most is drones not being consistent, sometimes you are staring right at the objective and it doesn't get ID, other times it catches a glimpse of a sliver of it through an 1 degree angle of a door from 3 rooms away and it gets ID. Everything gunplay is doing ok atm, nothing too bullshit, except for Glaz's misaligned reticles.

Got Buck's Frost's and Hibana's black uniforms, who else looks cool in black?

castle

Trans op when?

we already have valk

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, don't buy the SE. If you absolutely must buy the SE, make a dummy uplay account as well because you can't upgrade from the SE to a normal game. I think you can spend the difference on R6 Bux to buy up most of the starter ops but even then

?

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO BOARD THE STARTER EDITION

>Kids room biohazard defense
>Guys, stop reenforcing kids room, it's to small for that
>"LMAO FUCK YOU CYKA"
>Guys, why are you all in the kids room
>"SHUT UP AND LEARN HOW TO PLAY"
>They all get fuzed
>Three disconnects

What have I done to deserve this

Any Ruskie or SAS. BB also looks better in black imo.

I'd rather spend the same renown on his skully scarf. Same with Ash. BO outfits are kinda wasted on the swatters

people usually make it look worse than it is though. I see a lot of whining like "thanks operation health" and such not because of an actual bug, but because the player is just shit in the first place.
My biggest concerns with this game are long gone and been fixed ages ago.

What the fuck did they to to the game in this patch? Every transparency has this fuckawful thing going on at the edges for me, I've been tooling around with driver settings to try to fix it but no dice.

Oh shit, Blackbeards looks nice. I was going to get SAS, but weren't they going to dark their uniforms anyway? They are too bright of blue atm

Ying is cute

>What have I done to deserve this
Play casual

Hibana's first black uniform with the red highlights is cooler

Wish I was here to buy that Season Pass, the mask looks like shit, but the uniform is awesome.

The mask covers up 80% of her face, making her look cute as a result.

Don't bully Yumiko please, she's cute with or without cosmetics.

I want one

>coastline secure area
>defending blue bar
>impact a hole into sunrise next to the blue bar window
>go fortify poolside entrance in sunrise
>hunt drones a bit
>look back, they fully fortified blue bar into tiny undefendable tincan
>play sunrise anyways, get a kill from poolside attacker, get a kill in ruins from sunrise bar window
>team dead, opponents get on objective from north side
>have to run through the hallway and over a deployable shield in the door
>die
In retrospect I could've ran from sunrise window and get in from blue bar window but fuck you.

cats are retarded and cant operate for shit would recommend a dog instead

I don't care about the fucking cat, I want that Frost

HURRY UP AND FIND ME A GAME

restart the search you dumbass

>only one op who can heal
How would you do a new healer?

>attacker puts a field kit down like Rook
>allows X amount of people to heal themselves at it
>attacker with an adrenaline shot
>over heals them to 200hp but after a few seconds they lose 150hp over time
>defender who pats people back up (see: left4dead healing)
>maybe just go off the deep end and have someone who can full res someone once per round from dead back to life with 5 health

attack operator with adrenaline
Makes any operator 3 speed when injected and buffs health a bit or something
can't inject himself with it

>3speed Fuze, Montagne, Blitz, Blackbeard

>3 speed shields

>implying shields would be good even at 3 speed
just abuse the shitty netcode and shoot him through the shield

is there a link to the best weapons in the game?
I don't really know which guns are better on some people.

>dump entire mag on enemy
>blood flying everywhere
>they turn around and insta kill me
>100hp

Do 3 speed operators become 4 speed?

when will ubisoft stop this trap based operator meme

3 speed operators become 6 speed

>4 speed

When they stop watching anime.

AR > SMG > Machine Pistol > Pistol > Shotgun > DMR > LMG

Restart the queue

But I want an attacker who puts sharp objects on the outsides of windows and injures defenders who would jump out of those windows

Claymores outright kill em

Machine pistols > SMG you shitter

When did you stop being shit at the game, /r6g/?

>Sledge
L85A2 > M590A1 | SMG-11 > P226
>Thatcher
L85A2 > AR33 > M590A1
>Ash
R4 > G36C | M45 > 5.7
>Thermite
556 XI > M1014 | M45 > 5.7
>Twitch
F2 > 417 > SG-CQB | P9 > LFP586
>Montagne
P9 > LFP586
>Glaz
GSH-18 > PMM
>Fuze
AK-12 > Shield > 6P41 | PMM > GSH-18
>IQ
552 > AUG > G8A1
>Buck
C8 > FAL
>Blackbeard
MK17 > SR-25
>Capitao
PARA-308 > M249
>Hibana
Type-89 > Supernova | Bearing 9 > P229
>Jackal
C7E > PDW9 > ITA12L | ITA12S > USP
>Ying
T-95 > SIX12

>Smoke
M590A1 > FMG9 | SMG-11 > P226
>Mute
MP5K > M590A1
>Castle
UMP45 > M1014 | M45 > 5.7
>Pulse
UMP45 > M1014 | M45 > 5.7
>Doc
MP5 > SG-CQB > P90 | P9 > LFP586
>Rook
MP5 > SG-CQB > P90 | P9 > LFP586
>Kapkan
9x19VSN > SASG-12 | PMM > GSH-18
>Tachanka
9x19VSN > SASG-12 | PMM > GSH-18
>Jager
416C > M870
>Bandit
MP7 > M870
>Frost
C1 > Super90
>Valkyrie
MPX > SPAS12
>Caveira
M12 > SPAS15
>Echo
MP5SD > Supernova | Bearing 9 > P229
>Mira
Vector > ITA12L | ITA12S > USP
>Lesion
T-5 > SIX12S
>Ela
Scorpion > FO-12

I miss 2 speed shield recruit
I miss 3 barbed wire recruit
how much longer until they take away the GSG shotgun on offense recruit, just because no fun ever allowed ever?

Never.

>time running out
>attackers too slow
>rush the room
>PSSSSSH
>TCHIK
>THUNK
>BLAM
>defender victory

To be fair, the spas12 CAN be very good, depending on your map and where you hold. You need to be coordinated, though, with what your team is doing and where they're staying.

Meant to reply to :^)

The culture of people who feel the need to defend every single hacker as some God among men who definitely isn't hacking is just as cancerous as the culture of people who need to call everyone a hacker.

>was unsure who to unlock a few days ago
>Veeky Forums said Buck and Frost
>Decided to go with Frost first since I have five or more attackers I don't mind being and never really care if an attacker I like is taken while I always default to Jaeger or Bandit if Ela/Lesion/Rook are taken
>Play Frost
>Do really fucking well
>Trapping niggers out the ass
>Get one kill and take a good chunk of other enemies hp while on 1 HP with hat sex ass machine gun

Is this love? I know my game sense has evolved a bit over these past few weeks since starting but god damn I think I do better with her than others. Maybe I've only been playing with shitters though.

Is Lesion's Sub really much better than his Shotty? It's felt underwhelming, the shotty, so maybe It's time to experiment with the other one.

did you you can fire faster than auto on the sterling if you tap fire quickly on burst or semi

In my experience the SIX12S is unreliable, aimed at the bust from less than 10m away it's either a headshot kill or 15damage done, meanwhile, the T-5 is a mini F2, it melts whatever you point it at.

Oooh, ty.

"WAHHHH MOMMY HE HEADSHOT ME WHY ISN'T ANTICHEAT WORKING! HOW'D THAT VALK WALLBANG ME WHAT ARE CAMERAS AND TEAM CALLOUTS WAHHHHHH"

>she's cute with or without cosmetics
>she's cute
>cute

DON'T BULLY YUMIKO

I got a double kill from like 10m out yesterday but i don't know the circumstances of what their health was. One was even obscured by a wall.

Had no idea.

>platin 3
>not shit

6-12 is a railgun.
It's a longer than average range for shotties, no recoil and very quick follow-ups. If you're any good with the SASG-12 and know what a meme supressed shotguns can be, you'll love it.

when are they going to introduce proper custom game settings so i can play vanilla siege? i already hate all the new operators and they aim for 100 total, this isnt the same game i bought.

She looks acceptable in portraits but in her model you can't tell where her neck ends and face begins, a tragic tale of no-chin. A fucking blob.

ok

>REEEEEEEEEE MANJAW
>REEEEEEEEEE NO-JAW

you niggas are special needs

Even I got into plat 3, it's solely for shitters

>tfw Eva01 skin only for P229 and not for the superior Bearing 9

What else can they do? I can't think of any operator concepts that don't involve traps.

Hopefully never. Sick of this forced diversity shit.

>not Eva02
meh

That came off sounding like bullshit since it doesn't have burst or semi but after testing tapfiring it might be true.

I might even macro it

Removable hard cover?

Frost best defender. Getting the winning kill in a trap when the attackers drag out the game and panic due to time is the best feeling in the world.

I'd rather see an operator with prosthetic legs or arms first. We have more people in wheel chairs than trannies, but you don't see them bleating over representation in video games. If we really want to do diversity, how about a colorblind operator?
>everything is black, white, yellow, or blue
>but has exceptionally high contrast vision and enemy ops are almost as easy to see for them as they are for Glaz
I'd love to see someone tell me why a female navy seal is less ridiculous than a cripple or a colorblind op

Is this a joke user

There exists a golden middle path here you dumb fuck. Then again, I'm not complaining that any ops have a manjaw. Not even Valk. Yep, Valk definitely doesn't have a manjaw. Not in the slightest.

no she doesnt look acceptable in her portrait, regardless of how attractive or ugly she is her actual character design is trash

>hide in the most bullshit roamer corner imaginable
>spike everything
>someone gets spiked
>emerge and delete
>someone finds you
>they try to take you out, run into your backup spikes, proceed to delete, shotgun out an escape route
it's the best memegun

:)

>everyone nitpicking valk and hibana's appearances and comparing their ingame models to their portraits
Don't even get me started

Ladder for attackers.
Some user theorised a "foam" defender the other day, has 3 (or 4, don't remember) charges of foam that can seal murder holes/hatches/windows and it's applied "Like Hibana". Was a pretty cool concept

>shotgun out an escape route
Hatches maybe. That gun has so little ammo and destroys wooden walls like shit it's not much of an escape tool like M590A1.

>valk and hibana
>look shit in portraits
>look shit ingame

oh