/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 18th of September:
1066 – Norwegian king Harald Hardrada lands on the beaches of Scarborough and begins his invasion of England.
1810 – First Government Junta in Chile. Though supposed to rule only in the absence of the king, it is in fact the first step towards independence from Spain, and is commemorated as such.
1914 – The Irish Home Rule Act becomes law, but is delayed until after World War I.
1914 – World War I: South African troops land in German South-West Africa.
1919 – The Netherlands gives women the right to vote.
1931 – The Mukden Incident gives Japan a pretext to invade and occupy Manchuria.
1943 – World War II: The Jews of Minsk are massacred at Sobibór.
1943 – World War II: Adolf Hitler orders the deportation of Danish Jews.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

>News
CK2 DD 18/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1044508
EU4 DD 12/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1043646

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes v0.1
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.8.4 - 05/09/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-67-revisiting-the-middle-east.1044508/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

b&nb

Where's the enema part?

>royalty free music
Couldn't they afford their own soundtrack?

Any way to remove African nation cores?
Does the assimilation event remove them?

Africans don't assimilate.
Ever.

genocide it is

Yes, the assimilation even works for everyone.

africans would assimilate in vanilla when made into a state

Should I help them?

No

What's up with the modern central banking system invented flag?
Does it ever show up?

Horseshit.

Having the same problem here too actually, I had to mod it unlock at 1875 because the flag won't fucking pop up. It wasn't like this in earlier versions, that's for sure.

Also, Darfur is bugged and is annexed as a full state if you play as Ottomans and own Egypt.

I mean, If great moravia is where I think it is, I bet it would be safer to have a war-torn but grateful albania in the region rather than it would to have turkey eat chunks of Greece little by little..

Too late my friend. On the other hand
O P I U M W A R
P
I
U
M
W
A
R

Her husband looks beta as fuck

There's a crisis already jesus

Looks like I forgot to include the event that gives the flag during the transition to a better AI-approach for these things. It's fixed now, thanks.

>Also, Darfur is bugged and is annexed as a full state if you play as Ottomans and own Egypt.
It's an old problem. I've been reading on Egyptian Sudan and it was mostly governed as a colony (with the only interest in the place being gold and slaves and it was governed by a captain-governor) so I will probably just flip Sudan and the adjoining territories to colonial status.

>crashing this market

>with the only interest in the place being gold and slaves
Does this mean you'll also add precious goods RGOs there?

why the fuck can't I ally them? neither of us have allies.

Thanks for fixing it

>5 simultaneous revolts

Now that's what I call a civil war.

awooo

Just because they had an interest doesn't mean they found it. They actually never found any gold in commercial quantities there.
There's a RGO change in the region though, with two cattle RGO added to Sudan as it was something they desired (and need in-game) and Baalbeck in Lebanon being changed to Wood (since Lebanon was the Muhammad Ali source of wood for his navy).

Thank you for reporting it.

When are you releasing the genocide fix?
Also, when will you allow new world nations with slavery allowed and provinces in Africa to ship slaves to the new world.
You can even make it cost infamy, just please, make RP great again.

Lmao never mind, I figured it out, court level needed to increase.
Irish Empire soon

How many allies you have? You might only be able to have one or two, or as it says, if your total's 0 or below, then none that aren't same dynasty

>When
>when
lmao get ready for some seriously disappointment

t. Irelad

Deportation to African colonies is something that's planned when I do the african assimilation part of the segregation stuff. Might come with this release, but there's some serious problems to solve.

>When are you releasing the genocide fix?
I don't know yet, but soonish.

Wait a moment, is that Granada blobbing into Aragon?

He's already ''fixed'' genocide, he's said, I'm asking the ETA on the next version when it's posted.
He has also said he'd do some shit with slaves in the past, but never got round to it.
NEVER EVER

Ireland is tribal

No, you're misunderstanding me, I'm asking if you'll add a mechanic for New world nations to ship Africans TO the new world, rather than away from it.
Say I'm playing as the CSA, Brazil, or Texas, the huge amount of immigrants you get makes your slave pops miniscule, I want to be able to raid the West African coast, particularly areas like Warri, with high pops.

You could make it it's own CB, which deletes 50% of their slaves and spawns them in your country as Afro-American/Afro-Brazillian slave pops.

p-please let me perpetuate the slave trade forever
iv got cancer

see You're not wrong mo chara

Oh yeah, Iberia is a fucking mess.

>No, you're misunderstanding me, I'm asking if you'll add a mechanic for New world nations to ship Africans TO the new world, rather than away from it.
Not in the short term, no. Not only the british have effectively banned the trade atlantic slave trade, it also isn't that simple. You can't delete a certain percentage and increase the same in your provinces, the final number would be widely different.

>everything hpm mentioned in this thread sounds awesome
Thanks hpm

Is this the best timeline?

bloody norah, it's like anava fackin portadown
t. Genocidelad

Hmm. Well you could always have it spawn a lower number, to simulate some getting lost/rebelling/ships being sunk along the way.
Is there genuinely no way you could do it? Because as it stands, even with slabvery allowed rather than Freedom of Womb my slave pops simply don't grow enough to let me waggle to my /pol/ fantasy. Perhaps you could make it so the player can select slave breeding quotas, or some such, so I can choose to have a large slave population?
I want to make Argentina 50% Afro-Latino slaves.

You can't force people to breed. That's now how people work.
In any case, I won't do it anytime in the future. It would require you to beat the UK and re-establish the slave trade, something that would probably get a few other abolitionist powers involved.

>you can't force people to breed
Not in my world/dungeon

r8 that grobturkestaniums

I got those 1910 balkan pops for you

>AI Durrani Empire
what

Here is before the first balkan war (1912) and the territories occupied in the interim

Russia conquered them, then was defeated in 1906, released Afghanistan by a treaty that then conquered parts of Sikh state. Britain for some reason touched neither.

What are the requirements to form the Durrani? Just own all core territory, never accept the Durand Line and be civilized?

white men

Here is a game I ran up to 1910 with the pre-war borders, Bulgaria was a little hard to emulate since your state regions already give them much of their post war territory, but I just gave them all of eastern rumelia except petrich.

Basically Serbia and Bosnia is half their actual population, Greece is still a million low with pop boosts, Romania is 1.5 million low, and Bulgaria the lowest at 1.83 million instead of 4.4 million. Their post war populations were off too of course

Own Quetta and Peshawar. IIRC that's it. My last Afghanistan run was two years ago so it mught have been changed in HPM.

Anyway, separate tag for 'Durrani Empire' is a dumb idea anyways. It was nothing more that a western term for specific period of Emirate of Afghanistan's history.

First off, the dynasty (ruling tribe, the barkazai) didn't change, governmantal structure was the same after the 'empire' (that is control over punjab) disintegrated, nor did ruling elite change in any way. How does restoring something you aleready are make sense?

HPM, I suggest you remove Durrani tag and integrate its decisions (cores over Punjab, pajeets as accepted culture) into proper AFG tag.

Took some land from the Mamluks. I would rather have taken all of Syria, but I needed as many ducats as I could get from them. And I wanted to end the war quick.

Naples is allied with myself and Venice, Hungary is allied with France. The only way the Ottos can expand now is either take on one of these alliances and lose, or sit and wither. Once a war inevitably kicks off, if I am not part of it I will declare my own and have them fight on 3-4 fronts.

Rate my nation??

Ugly flag, cool borders.

this, alsokinda ugly colours desu

I quite like the purple personally. I like how it's switched from the usual situation with the green of the Ottomans/Byzantines

The flag is shite yeah.

Also there is no albaniaphone pops in peloponnese. Which would be around 50,000 people in 1836 to 150,000 before the war after which it declined from assimilation efforts. I can't recall where but I read a funny story about how the king of greece went to the site of athens and it was a village of 2,000 to 4,000 people who were all Albanians, later a more romantic painting was done of the visit

Egypt also had their coal supplied by mines in Lebanon

>You can't force people to breed.
I'm fairly certain if you just put male and female slaves together and don't police them or provide contraceptives then the slave number eill grow exponentially.

Just make a decision "Slave Natalism" that does this, if you have slavery allowed, have the modifier increase slave growth exponentially and reduce tax efficiency (or allocates some money from the budget every so often; to represent feeding the new born slaves.)

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-67-revisiting-the-middle-east.1044508/

inderasdign

What's with their obsession with the ME specifically? They're currently making the exact same changes to an upcoming EU4 DLC as well

*meme answer*
When their researchers look into something they tend to add it across the board, put simply, they simply didn't care before now.

>I'm fairly certain if you just put male and female slaves together and don't police them or provide contraceptives then the slave number eill grow exponentially.
Well you are wrong since that's the exact opposite of what happened in reality

That was when the state didn't provide any sort of support for this. I'm talking about doing what happened in reality, but feeding the newborns and giving the parents allowances for every child they have. The more children, the less their quota.
So it should probably decrease RGO efficiency and cost money, but it should be possible to do.

I want Lebensborn esque policies for slaves.

>giving rights to slaves
>implying that slaves didn't have children because of lack of state support

>LE EPIC BADASS GENOCIDE
Wow! How Grand and Strategical!

>not ensuring safety of your investments
nigger

hmmmm

Top KEK. Cucked SocJusLiberals need to hurr durr get the fuck outta my vidyer. Why don't they let Based Milo and Sargon develop RedPilled GS games?

white&woke

>trying this hard
>implying my goal won't be a comfy Yemen Ibadi Silk Road merchant republic

The slaves did have children, but most died, what I'm talking about is giving minor allowances to encourage the slave population to grow.

So say the quota is 1000 cotton balls, with each child it goes down by 50. By 20 children they get to do fuck all all day, you then have essentially guaranteed a huge slave population, as now for every 1 woman you have a net gain of 19 slaves. They're going to open their legs for freedom.

So have this be a 10 year modifier, and at the end of the 10 years your slave population will be 10 times what it was.

Redditmod just added an event chain that lets France puppet the Rhineland if they can humiliate Prussa.

you type like a virgin don't reply to me again

cringe

alri lads, what should it be?

>1843
fucking retarded

Celtoiberia back in the rightful hands?

Can you fuck off? This isn't grand strategy at all. Take your slave fantasies to /pol/

Kek. This kind of degeneracy is typical for >>>Reddit. I'm kekking too hard right now m9. Redditcucks think they can ruin our vidya with their SJW bullshit. Good thing we have logic, reason, and free speech on our side and they just have their cucked Cultural Marxism. Kek Valt fellow pede!

What does he mean by this?

Can you tell me how this isn't related to Victoria 2?

Slaves can't earn money you dumb shit
They didn't die because they lacked money, mostly were aborted or abandoned because they didn't want their sons and daughters to be slaves
Fuck you are a retard

falseflagging so hard that i am not sure if he is being post-ironic

>Victoria II
>Not THE premier Nigger Murdering Power Fantasy Simulator.

Kek. All I want after a long day being bullied at school is to remove some kebab (reference to the meme, please laugh) and claim my rightful clay (also a funny reference). SJW cucks Fuck Off!!!

>all those titles
holy fuck

what? I'm and not Look at the post times, too close.

what the fuck happened in your game

based reddit

>post-ironic
Shut the Fuck up you Fucking Retard

GOOD post.

Nice double IP's you fucking cuck. Mods, remove this cuck. Kek Vault!!!

I'm not talking about giving them money, I'm talking about the state taking the onus of responsibility for making up for the money lost from their reduced quotas and childcare.
That's why it should reduce RGO efficiency and cost money, to represent the reduced quotas and necessary extra food for the huge amount of newborn slaves. See
Robbie gets it.

when the balanced economy meets the balanced AI

BASED fish factory dropping the REAL redpills

>Germany
>Rank 7

Are you just shit (console peasant pls go back to Plebbit) or is this some cuck SJW mod?

The slaves didn't have any children not because of a lack of state support, but because they were slaves