/acg/ - Armored Core General

Dark Souls 4 soon edition.

Moldy bread: For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm and Music collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#
dropbox.com/s/e43xmgrl76l9bpo/AC Music.rar?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hKjOHtdmtao
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>189653271

Depends on which game you're starting with.

AC3, AC2, AC4, ACFA, and ACV are all pretty forgiving to newcomers.

ACSL, AC2AA, ACVD, AC1, ACPP, ACmoA, are moderate.

AC NX, ACVD, ACLR, and ACNB will royally fuck you.

What AC model kit should I get next, /acg/?

which ones do you like most?

You could try hunting down some of the weapon packs so you can create a custom AC, I think some of the body parts are interchangeable too within generations.

youtu.be/hKjOHtdmtao

This is it my fellow Ravens, this is what we've been waiting for.

>11 hours

ugh I can't wait that long FUCK

This is just a press conference though, unless they are being asked about it we would have to wait until the actual Sony event later this week.

REV UP THOSE REACTION POSTS AND zoomed in text.

Post your face when it doesn't happen.

>Sony TGS conference tonight

OKAY BOYS

Let's take a poll of what you think they will reveal. What's most likely? What's least likely? Rank'em:

>Souls-Like New IP
>Bloodborne 2
>Armored Core 6 or Armored Core Reboot
>Adaption of a different company's IP (Gundam, Kancolle, Steel Batallion, Berserk, Monster Hunter)
>Something completely different
>Nothing

bonus question
>VR or no VR?

Bloodborne 2

I would say BB2.

Armored Souls

>armored souls
so... Frame Gride?

BB2 may happen. Not sure if From is taking a break from Dark Souls or just the brand in general.

VR games are probably going to be announced since Sony is competing with Microsoft and we've heard nothing about Morpheus.

If another Armored Core gets announced, then it's going to be a sequel and reboot like 4 and V were. Not betting much on Sony announcing it.

>Morpheus.
what's that?

Sony's codename for their VR headset.

And it's already released. My bad. The point still stands though.

>>Souls-Like New IP
probably

>>Bloodborne 2
For a reason, I feel it wont happen.

>>Armored Core 6 or Armored Core Reboot

No going to repeat E3 again, no this year, so no.

>>Adaption of a different company's IP

I would like to see that, everthing but kancolle please.

>>Nothing
Also a possibility

Who's going to be watching TGS tonight?

I'm not big on white glint fanart bu this is fucking great

at what time it is? I may be on class.

4:00 PM GMT+9

It's on in 9 hours, so 2AM eastern time or 11PM in california

I think I can see it tonight.

Why I get the image of a man taking the hand of a woman on a wheelchair.

Bump.

So I just started playing AC1 for the first time yesterday through emulation.
There are some neat ideas in that game for begin from 1997

>There are some neat ideas in that game for begin from 1997

Pretty much this. AC1 is a neat experiment about resource management and controls.

It's got some major problems though, they don't get the formula right until Master of Arena, and AC2 is the first "great" AC game. Most people actually recommend NOT starting with AC1 because it's very clunky, AC2 or AC3 are so much better, and Last Raven is the peak.

Well then it looks like I can only go up.
Still, I'm having fun

logically you would go Project Phantasma and then Master of Arena next, or if you want you can skip to AC2 or AC3.

THIS YEAR'S THE YEAR

Bump.

O U R Y E A R
U
R
Y
E
A
R

Keep posting these rare pictures.

I have stuff all day tomorrow or I would. Damn nips and their fancy time zones. 1 am is no-no. All I can do is, dare I say, wait For Answer.

Bump.

Quick question: who's idea was it to put the karasawa in an early mission in a terrible hiding spot.
This thing is op as fuck

Is there any way for the player to use the 5 gattling guns?

No.

It's a crutch weapon for newbies. I think I remember reading a long time ago that it's there specifically because the game was too hard when people first tested it.

I haven't played a gen-1 AC game without using the karasawa, but it makes the game WAY harder.

In ACLR you can equip Left Arm, Right Arm, and dual back mounted gatling guns, plus EOs, which is 5 gatling guns. You can't fire them all at once though, but you can fire 4 (dual back + EO + L arm) at once.

live I guess

Only less than 3 hours to go until disappointment.

What is this?

Answerer, boss from FA.

What was the Answerer's purpose?

Intimidation. Why bother fighting the corporations when they have something like that on their side? Arms Forts are supposed to be huge, nigh-indestructible, and imposing as a way of keeping everyone in line.
But the crunch and the fluff don't mesh at all and the fight ends up being really easy.

Be a huge as fuck, highly polluting, flying AF that goes down to a single next.

It's basically Armored Core's version of a Death Star.

I think that picture is from the ACFA Design Works, it's the giant floating fortress from the cover of the game, but with the arms downward instead of outward.

It makes me wonder if Answerer was originally supposed to have multiple modes where it unfolded like a flower. It looks like an upside-down lotus.

ONE HOUR

>It's basically Armored Core's version of a Death Star.

first they copy the lightsaber and now the death start, what a shitty game.

star wars references are found all over the place

it's probably completely unintentional though. Gundam and VOTOMs had those kinds of things long before star wars, and AC is more influenced by them.

>first they copy the lightsaber
Speaking of which, aren't the laser rifles and laser blades plasma instead of lasers?

But, Gundam was '79. Two years after Star Wars.

well, on 4 era and V, there is a difference withing laser and plasma weapons, on the classics I think they were just laser.

I meant wouldn't they be classified as plasma weapons since a laser doesn't stop, unlike plasma.

I thought gundam was '72, my bad. Not sure why I thought that.

Still, I doubt the answerer was based on the death star, it just serves the same effective role.

I think they start to differentiate plasma and laser in 2, but there's not much of a difference.
Then I think 3 slated plasma as "like laser but stronger and heavier and hotter."

Plasma rifles/cannons were around in the previous games. They were just a slower, thicker laser, more like an energy bazooka, usually with very high heat. AC4 made plasma have ECM effects that lasers don't have.

The laser blades are just "energy blades" in early games though so it's vague either way.

>The last AC I've played was AC2
>I fucking loved AC2
I wanna jump back in. Should I just stick with AC2 or are the later games worth it?

Play 2 to refresh yourself.
Then move on to Another Age.
Proceed in release order.

Everything from AC2 to ACLR is gold, except for nine breaker.

AC4 to ACVD are different, almost feel like different games (AC4 was heavily inspired by murakumo, ACV was inspired by chromehounds) but still good games too, and much more modern.

12 MINUTES

TONIGHTS THE NIGHT.

IT BEGINS

Call of the duty.

The new ni no kuni is going to be amazing.

OH MAN, MINECRAFT SEASON TWO

FUCK AC I NEED THAT MINECRAFT

SO HYPE

just kidding, but seeing Team Ninja working with Square Enix is actually pretty cool. I didn't know they had worked together before.

The SOTC remake still looks fucking great,

>The SOTC remake still looks fucking great,

that and okami are probably the best remakes/remaster this year,

I never played SOTC so I' ll probably pick it up this time.

Pretty boy date simulator.

were you expecting AC? nope its gundam

the only date simulator I need is the AC3 consort dialogue

Gundam Battle Operation Tho

I nearly had a heart attack

time for VR gimmicks

I can't believe Bethesda can get away with reselling skyrim so many different times.

it just works