Does anyone still mine Bitcoins with their GPU?

Does anyone still mine Bitcoins with their GPU?

Yes, but these are idiots who rather burn their GPU for a bitcoin in 10,000 years.

They only bring down the pool.

But is it viable? Imagine I didn't have to pay for electricity, what sort of GPU would I need?

I'm curious also.

Even a Quadro P6000 in quad SLI would be nowhere near fast enough, the hash rate for bitcoin currently is ~4,000,000 TH/s or 4 quadrillion calculations every second. The TFLOPS, or trillions of calculations per second is 12 in 64 bit mode, and it still is not very fast for mining.

Samefag should have just asked if he was retarded.

this, you fags are all too late for the game, as always.

So how are any new bitcoins being created if the calculation requirements are so ridiculously insane now?

And if the answer is that they aren't really being created in significant numbers, how does the currency have any future?

ASICS, and cloud mining. It does have a future in the sense that it can not inflate.
Big Chinese corps mine a large majority of the coins nowadays on more powerful and dedicated hardware than you can afford.

How the hell can you mine bitcoins with your shoes?

step 1 : move to venezuela where electric energy is free.

step 2: pay the gommie police to not confiscate your shit.

step 3 : free bitcoins.

step4 : Profit beyound mesure.

I thought people here said cloud mining was a meme?

those are people who arent speaking from personal experience. they've just heard about scams.

genesis mining is the best company. they are legit. based out of hong kong but they are the largest electricity user in Iceland.

It's called a pool where miners share their hash power to find coins faster. No one should call it cloud mining, that term doesn't exist.

So cloud mining, with Genesis say for example, is worth investing in?

yeah, i guess. they have different options. you can mine a whole bunch of different coins.

it's a fun investment to do. and instead of just buying whatever cryptocurrency you are helping to secure the network by increasing the hash rate. also you don't have to worry about your house catching fire from mining at home.

Wouldn't you have to wait like, an entire year to get a return on your investment?

What?
Yeah, personal cloud mining, but not for big companies with new ASICS.

Depends on the hashrate of the coin and how powerful the hardware used is. A GT8800 is obviously way worse than a GTX 1080 in terms of pure hashing power.

pleb here who has some money to gamble with.

How hard is it to create a bitcoin wallet and buy one coin?

PS yes I know it's simple for you, but put yourself in the shoes of someone who doesn't know all the vocalubary and who's not fond of connecting his bank account with the web on some page.

step 1: Design an asic that does nothing but calculating sha1 and permutating the nonce (easy to do with electronics 101 and maybe an advance dcourse)
step 2: Have it build by a fab pool in Malaysia
step 3: Make pcb by random fab pool in your home country
step 4: Get rich off suckers who try competing with the Chinese in their basement

>how does the currency have any future?

It doesn't.

But theoretically you can just keep dividing bitcoins into infinitely smaller pieces, I think.

coinbase
bring id

i mine with bitcoin because it's the only way i can get any

help out this poorfag :(
1KGoGFSrhQEaJWzrC9zFdYBDQPBjCHNdm3

i mined bitcoin with my laptops cpu nigg.
yes i'm that old.

i got a better one for you:
1: make a website a real cool and sufficiently professional looking awe aspiring website about a super-asic
2: accept limited preorders these babies supposedly leave everything present in the dirt so they are kinda expensive but with preorder much cheaper
3: "develop" it for years have various issues with contractors and devs
4: never deliver anything just run off with the money (preferably get paid in bitcoins)