An employee of mine was stealing from me. I fired him and pressed charges so he fled

An employee of mine was stealing from me. I fired him and pressed charges so he fled.

He was good friends with a new girl we hired.

I fired her too. Both because she was his friend but also because she said she occasionally keeps in touch with him.

Did I do the right thing? She has a toddler and was barely getting by

No one is this dumb. nice bait

On a morale level Id do the same thing. She might be able to sue for wrongful termination though

You didnt even try. There's so many holes in your bait. 0/10 actually try faggot

stupid fuck, I hope you get sued

did you at least sexually assault your female employee before firing her? take initiative

How? Why?

If she's still in contact with a wanted man I think that's grounds for suspicion

You did the right thing OP, someone who's comfortable being friends with someone known to have stolen from you is highly likely to do the same.

You should have found an excuse that didn't involve the guy to fire her. You just opened yourself up to a wrongful termination suit.

Poor people don't sue

I think so.

I'm also a business owner.

People tend to hold the same values as their friends. If a friend of mine ever stole, I would stop being their friend.

Bait or not, it doesn't matter what we think. You're looking for validation while you actually already know the answer. You wouldn't be second-guessing your decision if you had confidence in it. The fact that you even make a thread about this shows that you think you didn't do the right thing. And that's all that matters.

Not necessarily

no you, are a weak leader. female employee didn't do anything wrong, you are just lashing out at someone associated with the person who stole form you.

you should apologize and hire her back to correct your mistake.

you acted from emotion, not reason.

purge the weak

That female employee has ample grounds to sue you for wrongful dismissal.

So you fucked up.

>you acted from emotion, not reason
He acted like a woman, both in the firing and coming here for validation.

You should have threatened the female with termination unless she regularly gave you blowjobs.

Tumblr pls

>has never watched daytime television
Like 80% of the advertisements are for personal injury attorneys. Willing to bet some of them also do wrongful termination

You did a good job OP, dont let those fuckers ruin your business.

>no contact policy

OP is this a business or a cult? Do you have a blacklist of people your employees aren't allowed to talk to?

If your subordinate was buddies with Bernie Madoff you wouldn't feel a bit leery?

>people inherit the sins of their assosciates

nice one rudolf von goldenbaum

no...because it's none of my fucking business, and i would say that the majority, if not all, of the people i associate with have values or do things that i don't condone or sympathize with. are you one of those people who surrounds himself with losers who always kiss his ass?

Birds of a feather, nigga

You're an idiot, and I definitely wouldn't want to be your friend. If he stole from you it's understandable, but throwing away a friendship over some small ethical differences shows you don't have many friends and don't even understand the concept

Not at all, why would I. The old adage "birds of a feather flock together" shouldn't be taken as absolute gospel

Yeah you did the right thing, we fire people for dating trashy people or doing trashy things all the time. The workplace is amazing after two years of cleansing the trash out.

Funny, just noticed you posted that. Like I said here , it's not absolute and you shouldn't based your decisions in life around catchy phrases

>hurr durr i'm a consequentialist autist who relies on retarded heuristics at the expense of others

the chick was probably just nice to him becaues he was ncie to her, and because he'd want to get in her pants but OP got so butthurt over firing the guy who actually deserved to get fired that he fired the chick for no reason.

This board is getting more and more retarded by time

as long as you aren't in some jew employment law state like California yes you did the right thing