Been busy as fuck lately

>been busy as fuck lately
>check out BTC price
>find out my BTC holdings lost over 30% value since last week and still tanking
>apparently BTC is suddenly worthless pos and ETH is now the best thing since sliced bread even though everybody was calling it a mess and a failed project 2 months ago

What do? Everywhere I look people are just shilling for whatever crypto they have a stake in.

What are the logical arguments for buying ETH?
What are the logical arguments for holding BTC?

>Investing in stuff you dont fully understand.

Whales are just using ETH as hedge against the uncertainty of BTC's fork because it is the second coin with the highest volume so they can cash out easily. ETH is still corporate coin and a total mess that goes against everything crypto stands for. Vitalik is also a known scammer.

This should be a biz sticky:
1. Listen to shills, but don't trust them.
2. Do your own research.
3. It's far better to buy a wonderful crypto at a fair price than a fair crypto at a wonderful price.

No logical arguments. Invest in legit shit instead of fucking crypto currencies.

>vicious desperate lies from the obsolete currency bagholder

ETH trumps bitchcoin in every way.

bitcoin is a mess.

>ETHcucks don't even know that ETH isn't a currency
can't make this shit up

what a fucking clueless moron. How much? How much are you losing in BTC cuck? lol

ETH and BTC are both far far overpriced, only whales make money. Small time traders will get annihilated.

My suggestion is find some small market cap coins, sub 100k.

ETH IS a currency you fucking moron. your denial of simple reality is making you lose money. you deserve it. faggot.

ETH is not a currency, it is gas. It's literal self-defined vaporware.
Don't come crying to Veeky Forums when you get hurt.
Daily reminder that Vitalik sold most of his ETH at 20$ because even he doesn't believe in its success long-term.

I hold no BTC at the moment. I'm all in in a low-cap altcoin. I am not emotionally invested, just speaking the truth

I also don't think hard fork is gonna happen. I hope segwit will be implemented and we will go to new ATH.

Many people talk like there's a complete paradigm shift but it just goes against every cell in my body to sell BTC when its 30% down and buy ETH at an ATH spike.

BTC is going back up.

>>you must of bought bitcoin when it was a thousand.

ETH has solved literally 0 of its issues. The current bubble is only due to whales finding a safe haven with high volume (and full of suckers) until BTC solves its uncertainty.
ETH is the apple of cryptocurrency. Lots of shiny bullshit with no substance like the "eth alliance", lots of buzzwords that add nothing to the technology (smart contracts are literally useless and add unneeded level of complexity that makes hacking a lot easier).
Let the kiddos buy now and baghold, we need suckers too in crypto otherwise we won't be able to make money

This could describe most people on Veeky Forums

I bought in at 750 last year with money I can afford to lose. I would still prefer not losing it.

>What are the logical arguments for buying ETH?

Get rich quick scheme which you could participate in, but you never know when it's going to crash.

>What are the logical arguments for holding BTC?

I think long term it will be very valuable, but I can't assess when or how.

Currently there's a veritable media war going on between BTC and BU/ETH/DASH and BTC doesn't seem to have shills and motivation for propaganda, so for the average user BTC seems like a sinking ship (and short term it is, gonna buy some when theyre cheaper).

this is insane, your suggestion sucks. If anything, small market cap coins are the place where whales make money off small timers. Also whales are definitely not the only ones making money off ETH right now, it's been really hard to not make money off ETH for like 3 months

Just buy more bitcoin, eth is garbage.

>ETH is the apple of cryptocurrency
So the most well sold phone over 1k in developed countries?

>easier to hack
You literally have no idea what you're talking about, do research before spreading your ignorance on the internet, don't be that guy.
ETH had never had a bug or flaw with its core u like BTC.
Contracts can't be "hacked" retard but it can be "exploited" when really it's just executing what it was programmed to do just that the result wasn't intended by its creator, imagine an open door in a shop, but instead of a costumer and thief walks in, did he hack the door?

>Get rich quick scheme which you could participate in, but you never know when it's going to crash.

True it's a quick way to get rich, nothing wrong with that. Also the crashes are not as bad as people make it seem, it's a choppy move to the bottom so you have time to cash out while the crash is happening, and even a 30% loss is tolerable after like 50% gains

>ETH had never had a bug or flaw with its core u like BTC.

DAO hack.

And I'm almost confident that if some BTC hackers would set out to crash ETH, they'd succeed. But they're busy working on BTC.

But it would mean that you have to monitor the price all the time or you have to code a bot.

I'm currently thinking about doing the latter.

>with it's core

you fail at reading comprehension you autistic fuck

So you're talking about Ethereum, which both Buterin and Zamfir have described as still unstable and hard to scale?

the dao hack was a bug in a contract. nothing to do with ethereum itself

honestly it's kinda fun to watch the price when you're just making money. I don't know if this is convincing at all but I've had money in cryptos for like 6 months now and it's tolerable, I've seen 4 big spikes and drop offs and made pretty poorly timed trades but somehow it always ends up profitable. Make a bot if you want but I feel like you can just eyeball the graph and see if there's any big announcements a couple times a day

just how desperate are BTC bagholders are going to get in the coming months? seeing you fags shit your diapers over your lolbertarian coin going down in flames is the funniest/saddest shit ive read on biz

It's nice as long as it works, but it's quite tiresome and time consuming to wade through all the bullshit propaganda and marketing that's going on. Also you have to be weary of all the manipulation going on and I think there are 'dark forces' at work which want to rake in on stoploss orders, so it's basically a full-time job.

I even made a bit of money out of PIVX, but boy was it stressful.

>how desperate are BTC bagholders

I know why they are, hence I know how. Utmost high. They are the last ones realising that bitcoin´s date expired.

BTCoiners are the last ones who are craving for more bitcoins, while the rest of the world lost the desire towards btc.

Not even a hardfork will help, bitcoin is soley rotten meat.

I dunno maybe I'm an idiot but I don't have stop losses and I'm not stressed. I think I actually witnessed some manipulation yesterday but I also think the power of whales to move the price is over emphasized and dark forces aren't responsible for the major shifts in price

>ETH had never had a bug or flaw with its core u like BTC.
ahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha
Are you fucking kidding me? They literally had to hard-fork because everyone lost their money. Can't make this shit up senpai. That's the definition of having your core compromised, when a hacker can take your funds from your wallet.

>Contracts can't be "hacked" retard but it can be "exploited" when really it's just executing what it was programmed to do
So you are saying that being shit and being hacked is inherent in the system and it's not a bug. And you call that the future of cryptocurrencies? Holy shit EThcucks are absolutely retarded.
> did he hack the door?
YES of course he did. Are you retarded?
>i-it's not a hack if the hacker hacks the code
??????????????????????????
Please finish kindergarten before posting here.

>I think I actually witnessed some manipulation

Same here in the past couple of days.

What kind of madman would put up this kind of order for example.

>he didn't buy AAPL 5 years ago either
Everybody listen to this guy he clearly knows what he's doing.

hes just an angry man

I don't own any BTC at the moment

>missing the point so much
I knew ethcucks were retarded but I didn't think it was this bad

Yesterday I profited nicely by going all in ETH.
8 hours ago I sold all my ETH for USD.
Then went full back into BTC at 906 USD/BTC.
Now also shorting ETH/BTC with 3:1 margin.

>not betting/choosing for 1 coin

no risk no reward, at least dont expect a big reward like the successful memers

what are you talking about he's risking a lot and only choosing 1 coin at a time

>shorting in a bull market
>no risk
user how new are you to trading of any sort?

Should I put 50 bucks in ARK and just wait a month and see if it quadruples?

>Some whale placing a big order on Kraken
>"It's manipulation guys! PizzaETHgate ALL ETH USERS ARE PAEDOS BUY BTC ETH IS KILL"
You spammed this screencap for three days, please kys

>not knowing how manipulation works
I want eth kiddos to leave

That ETH short might have been a wrong decision but I only margin trade with a fraction of my budget, due to the risk.
Going into BTC at 906 outweighs it easily.
BTC will be back over 1000 today.

>bitcoin will be back over 1000 today
I doubt that, if it were me I'd take profit at 960 or so, that I can definitely see.

>some whale placing a big order on kraken, polo and btc-e, continuously at highs every +0.005 step

Surely nothing suspicious about this