>Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news

>Latest ESO Live
twitch
tv/bethesda

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [Guide for the Recently Started and People Who Haven't Been Back Since Before One Tamriel]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/
en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor

>Making gold
youtube.com/watch?v=4i9gzyTCqIY

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @Zrifalas for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[PS4 EU] message PSN: RumpRustler for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite
Alternatively, write your @username, platform and location in the thread

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is the game worth playing?
Yes.

Other urls found in this thread:

dlgamer.com/us/search?keywords=the elder scrolls online
g2a
kinguin
youtube.com/watch?v=BLZzGoPp9Ug&t=2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Which edition should I get?
Gold if you don't plan to sub, Tamriel Unlimited if you're subscribing right out of the gate. Subscription is totally optional, with its largest benefits being access to all DLC (but NOT "chapters," of which Morrowind is currently the only one), some cash shop currency, and the Craft Bag, which holds all crafting materials, freeing up space.

>Do I need Morrowind?
If you really really wanna go to Vvardenfell, play a Warden, or engage in the new PvP mode (Battlegrounds -- not what it meant in WoW), yes. But there's a TON to do without it.

>Which faction should I choose?
Daggerfall Covenant: Most generic-fantasy faction. Races are bland, but not in a bad way. Humans and Orcs. Forests, haunted woods, and desert. Literally everyone who plays loves the leader.
Aldmeri Dominion: Elves and cats. Forests, forests, grassland, and savannah. If this sounds good, then you may have found your home. Leader just wants everyone to get along.
Ebonheart Pact: Variety. Drunken vikings, Dark Elves, and lizards. Snow, volcanoes, and swampland. Leader has fuck all to do with most of the story. Probably too busy drinking.

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.com/us/search?keywords=the elder scrolls online (official reseller)
>---
There's been talk of stolen credit cards being used to buy keys, but a lot of people still get it through one of the following and have no problems:
>---
g2a
com/?search=elder%20scrolls%20online
>---
kinguin
net/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder+scrolls+online (consensus suggests this is the least trustworthy)
>---
Of course there's always the main site and Steam. We do not suggest Steam, as it complicates installation and, in theory, access, if the Steam servers go down. But maybe if their price is good enough.

>What is animation canceling? Is it worth learning?
youtube.com/watch?v=BLZzGoPp9Ug&t=2s

>commit crime in front of someone
>killing the witness doesn't remove your bounty

Post player homes you want to see in the future!

Did that even always work in Oblivion or Skyrim?

>player homes you want to see in the future!

I just want an actual catacombs or undercroft. Hakkvild's was promising but I want like a delve style house that's all underground.

well, of course everything had levels, so, for instance, becoming a vamp was a pain in the ass when i got it at 15, because i had to face a bunch of... level 42, i think, cultists. thank christ for this pathing exploit where you ran up and down a pair of staircases and whittled away at one enemy, being careful not to make it leash, then just had to wait for it to respawn.

also concerning vampirism (and lycanthropy, i'd imagine, but not sure), douchebags were charging 50k for bites (when that was an INSANE amount of gold) and swarming bloodfiends (at least) when they spawned so said players would remain the only option for infection. (i was bitten out of nowhere by a dude at the vamp altar, who asked me to do the same for others -- bet your ass i have)

concerning levels, well, they were there but not nearly as rigid as, say, in WoW. you COULD kill level 42s as a 15. but it wasn't easy. at least as a stamNB, which i started as (and that character, my main, still is)

it was a very different game, though i've gotta say my experiences were not nearly as bad as i didn't see 100k gold prices being thrown around for bites. didn't come up against any quests where i got stuck for any appreciable amount of time (though i play slowly and probably just hadn't run into those YET). i never fell through the world. didn't have many connection issues. it's always weird to see people share that stuff because i was here from day one, too.

dyeing didn't exist! neither did the Craft Bag. inventory management was hell and i was stuck in a mustard-yellow jack for way too long.

two things i unfortunately cannot comment on are dungeons and Veteran Ranks. but i hear the latter were awful.

one thing i do miss is the motherfucking DX9 support. wanna play in VR again, god dammit

an HDD went out on me or i'd post some ooold screens. best i've got are from October 2014.

numbers were much smaller and there were many more provisioning ingredients.

I feel ya, buddy.

>Play Skyrim
>Decide I'm gonna set up my home in a bandit fort
>Can't because once I clear out the bandits Stormcucks or Limperials move in and tell me to leave
>Instead clear out a mine and set myself up in there.
>ThisIsFine.jpeg (no sarcasm)

>>Instead clear out a mine and set myself up in there.
you can do this? nothing respawns or wanders in? it's been far too long. but that's... that's wonderful

SWAY AS WE PISS
SWAY AS WE PISS

makes more sense, given what the song's about

i don't expect that i'll get any questions but, if i do, i'll be back in probably an hour or so

Really convoluted question here...

I had a PS4 and a gold edition physical copy of ESO.

Can I use the account that I used for PS4 on a steam version of the base game, and have access to my PS4 character and all of the DLC that I had?

If not, that's fine, I'll just play the base game. I don't want to shell out more money for another copy of gold.

A damp ruin. I want something for my Argonian that doesn't look like dragon shit.

Is this real? If so how to farm or which guild traders would likely have it?

Obviously it's a shop but I mean is this a dropped set?

gold jewelry? ap trader only

Pretty sure golden jewelry like this can be found in the ic telvar trader for 500k TV. There's other sets available too.

WHY CAN'T I STOP MAKING NEW CHARACTERS AAAAAAAAAAAAA

you've got autism lad

Take that back

nah

rude

i don't believe so, lad. console release was delayed and they ended up letting people play on PC and then transfer those characters to console once those versions finally came out, but i'm pretty sure that's as far as any "overlap" ever went.

it's an MMO, lad. they whispered a guard :^)

>Did that even always work in Oblivion or Skyrim?
i think it was supposed to, anyway. at least in Skyrim. i was a very good boy in Oblivion and don't know. in ESO it's not even a mechanic

Can you elaborate further on these, I'm not quite sure what/where those are

I've been playing on and off since beta.
The game wasn't nearly as bad in the beginning as people here think it was, but there were some significant changes which greatly increased my enjoyment of the game.
The single biggest change in the game was One Tamriel combined with the new DLCs. In the beginning your experience was basically on rails. In pve, you went through your faction questline doing all the quests until vet then you went on to the next faction in the vet zones. The vet zones were awful because they were deserted since nobody had any reason to return there after they leveled out. With OT, you have the freedom to make up your own story and that's something I wanted from the start.
Other than that, the questing is now less grindy, and it's actually rather easier. Many of we Skyrim newbs got btfo by questline bosses like Dosia who were true bosses and I think that turned a lot of more casual players off of the game early on.
Though the overworld is not as bad as it used to be there are still far too many random trash mobs in especially in the higher level zones.
The champion point system is a huge win for those of us with alts.
>Craft Bag
Don't forget that a stack was only 100 items, not 200.

yeah, i played in the beta weekends toward the end, but never in the beta proper

>and it's actually rather easier
i'm not entirely happy about this, honestly. i mean it's FUCKING easy, now. although, as another part of the leveling experience, world bosses are mostly significantly harder than they were. i have mixed feelings about that. i don't mind it, but i also enjoyed hitting all the bosses i could as soon as i entered a zone, let them know who would be supplying the dickings from then on.

>Dosia
this shit was SATISFYING, though

>The champion point system is a huge win for those of us with alts.
hell yes. i really didn't understand how it worked when i hit 50 with an alt for the first time. what an awesome surprise, being able to immediately make and wear 160 gear and move on to the next alt

>Don't forget that a stack was only 100 items, not 200.
this i actually somehow don't remember. christ. most of what i recall about inventory was spending like a fucking hour or two every night on it before i could actually play. this is having four characters from the start, all of which i played with the main focus on my stamNB, and doing all crafting skills but having them spread out over all four chars. huh. just realized that all (ten) of my characters are still built exactly as i wanted them to be during creation.

love the screenshot. i'll be keeping that. especially this bit.

Is a gold set of agility even real?

>wondering why my shit hasn't sold in almost a week
>guild has no trader
oh

i think i've got a hang of the economy enough to graduate into a more serious trading guild anyways. how do.

Why is there a spoopy dog following me around

>armour painted directly on to character models

Glad to see how far mmo's have advanced in 14 years.

>attack a guy in Anvil isolated from everyone else
>get bounty
>kill him
>still have bounty

Damn Imperial Guards.

Admittedly, I'm not sure it came up, partially because once I settled in I kind of remained in the area until I could get my own house.

like an Argonian step pyramid ruin or some other type?

I'm found of Ayleid ruins myself, even if they've worn me down a little from how common they are.

this is a different era, a stronger era where guards are psychic and can see everything.

Unless you're a khajit.

some yes, some no

to be fair, pretty much all the vanilla armors are basically painted on.

ESO's only started to get past that stuff around Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood DLCs.

And even then it only really hit it with armors from around and since morrowind's release.

i'm thinking this was a side-effect of the fact that ESO wasn't originally going to have a first-person mode

I dunno, given how TOR, which runs on the same engine, has a lot of the same, I was thinking it might have just been a weird thing about modeling characters in Hero engine.

>eso and swtor use the same engine

This explains why I hate this piece of shit so much

the engine thing is a little unclear. reps have specifically said that they did prototyping with Hero while making their own engine. Hero also isn't in the splash.

goddamn, i need a nap. back later, lads

I MISS TARA

AND SHE'S NEVER COMING BACK

It's mostly true of the sets produced for launch or shortly thereafter. You can see the generational divide more and more with each release. Later gen sets have more actual modeling in them.

makes me wish the devs would go back through a bunch of launch stuff to bring it up to at least near morrowind quality.

then again, merc medium armor chests might suddenly look way too busy if they raised and modeled some of those details.

Don't mind me, just looking for something

So how do I pvp as a healer? Do I just find a group and follow them around while spamming Mutagen and Breath of Life? and how much AP will I earn doing so?

I get a fair amount of AP for healing people. I just group up with the zerg and drop Mutagen, Breaths, Extended Ritual, and Healing Springs.

I run personally run:
Head: Heavy Impen Troll King
Body: Heavy Impen Kagrenac's Hope
Shoulders: Heavy impen Troll King
Waist: Sturdy Amber Plasm
Gloves: Sturdy Amber Plasm
Legs: Heavy Impen Kagrenac's Hope
Boots: Heavy Impen Kagrenac's Hope

Necklace: Amber Plasm
Rings: x2 Amber Plasm

Bar 1: Sharpened Kagrenac's Hope Sword and Sturdy Kagrenac's Hope shield

Bar 2: Defending Masters Restoration staff

I set up my front bar with a bunch of damage spells. I still get aggressive and can do some damage with my build. I have 1800 Spell Damage and 2100 Magicka Regen unbuffed. Been liking it a lot

13 years and developers still don't understand that 99% of the appeal of WoW was spastically jumping around like a retard and that locking people into awkward jumping animations for muh immersion does nothing but harm to the game.

They really need to start redoing some of the vanilla armours. Thieves Guild onwards stuff has been okay but some of the vanilla armours really need updating.

Im wanting to get Powerful Assualt gear; specifically Jewelry, a sturdy belt, and a sword. Whats the best way to go about getting these. I know you can buy for TV in imp city but all the gear is Impen. Plus where do i get my weapon and jewlery?

That's a nice screenshot

Pretty sure there are telvar boxes that are sold specifically containing a specific set. It's random quality/trait each time so i guess that way?

Took a break a couple of months after Morrowind. How are Warden healers now? Initially I was doing good in PvP and it seemed like they had some promise in PvE but weren't quite there yet. I've heard that they're potentially better than Templar healers now in PvE. Is that true?

Would Seducers/Troll King gear with Willpower jewelry along with Seducers/Maelstrom resto and destro staffs be a good start?

>vampire
>edgy black armor
>piercings
>furry
>Dark Brotherhood
>killing member of a religious order
Everything checks out.

What, you don't like ebony armor?

>edgy black armor
>Hating on ebony armour

Mmhmm, be very careful now...

Can you make hot waifus in this game?

no

Sorry, i mixed up the telvar sets golden jewelry pieces. Only way to get goldren agility/willpower gear is to be extremely lucky from the trophy vaults. Otherwise i think the golden vendor but i'm not 100% sure on that.

How do I get access to these vaults and golden vendor? I'm willing to buy it if I can find it somewhere, but I don't even know where to look

The vaults are in Imperial city, you'd want the bloody claw or monstrous tooth vaults. Golden vendor would be a random jewelry set each friday.

They touched up the orcs and redguards armour so I wouldn't be surprised if they fixed the other armours as time goes on.

While at the subject of changing originals, they've already announced that they'll stop supporting 32 bit systems in the CWC update.

You nailed it. They used hero for conceptual prototyping while developing their own engine, and that's the one they're using.

Not at all, but I've heard xiv, bdo and gw2 allows you to make really hot waifus so try those and knock yourself out

>While at the subject of changing originals, they've already announced that they'll stop supporting 32 bit systems in the CWC update.

wew. did they raise other reqs? my CPU is exactly the lowest they listed last I looked, i3-550.

nah

>In this update, we’ve been hard at work improving the performance of the client. We’ve overhauled how the client handles animations, significantly reducing memory requirements. Additionally, we’ve made significant optimizations to the Scene Graph. Together, these two additions have resulted in significant gains in frame rate and improved load times into areas with many characters and/or buildings.
>Made improvements to the overall frame rate.
>Improved load times into areas with many characters and/or buildings.
>Fixed a number of infrequent game crashes.

>Did that even always work in Oblivion or Skyrim?

It was a theoretical feature in Oblivion, but the elegantly designed systems and mechanics became such a garbled mess when turned on that no one would even remember that being a thing that they tried to include.

It actually worked pretty well in Skyrim. I actually discovered it by accident when the notice popped up in the top right after dropping the last body in a spur-of-the-moment killing spree, so it's not something that required prior studying and preparation to trigger under the precisely right conditions.

Bethesda needs to quit trying to make living creatures in a game terrarium and focus on the entire game as one organism. You can't trip over your own feet if you only have one foot.

Playing on the pts, the fact that the robots says "dreaming" when they process information followed by some obscure stuff such as referencing the bugs in jars in Skyrim people thought had some meaning behind them creeps me out of some reason.

That's because all the robots are ran by the soul of his dead sister.

>Sotha Sil constructs mentioning torchbugs in a jar

Oh shit my dudes, is that some Magne-Ge nod in my nulore?

Well played, you goofy looking motherfucker. I might actually have to reinstall and check Morrowind out.

I really need to stop mousing over spoilers, but they're almost always used for humorous emphasis and extra punctuation instead of actual spoilers.

I think it's safe to say that right now people are using it for actual spoilers.

>Instead clear out a mine and set myself up in there.
>ThisIsFine.jpeg (no sarcasm)

I did exactly the same. Would clear out an underground space and use furniture mods to make it comfy. I'm just a freak though and really like creating liveable spaces underground. Even if they did something like throw a trapdoor with a cave onto the Exorcised Coven Cottage that's coming in the Witches Festival I'd be happy.

What Class / Race combination has the highest survivability in PVE?

I'm thinking of making an Imperial Templar.

Always bet on khajiit.

Pure min/max is dkargo. Imperial Templar would be the second best race and class, tho.

git gud if you're just dying too much, even if you're a glass cannon, you should be blowing through things before they can touch you in PvE

Welcome to the unfinished Justice system. Where people pissed and moaned loud enough that any sort of player on player interaction is completely gone meaning that guards now need to be psychic and there's no point in playing an honest citizen.

Stam DK if you want to go Imperial. In terms of just running round questing I've found magplar and magden to be the 'easiest' in that it's practically impossible to die.

t. gankblade that deletes their toon when they hit 50 and exclusively plays Kyne with cancer sets farmed every 5 levels waiting in bank

>Thinks I play a gankblade

Think again, carebear cuck.

Schick couldn't come up with a viable roleplaying justice system incorporating player-player interactions with a gallon of acid and an autographed copy of the Book of Urizen.

I would have given anything for SOME consequence to your actions. The half baked system where people run around taverns looting draws or murderising NPCs at the first opportunity is retarded. I'd have settled for some opt in type system even as it would have been better than nothing.

Requiring systems in place to prevent people from just figuring out the most efficient way to piss other people off is why, on the verge of the VR, gestural and conversational computing revolutions, today's most talked-about paradigm-shifting multiplayer FPS is WHODATGAMER'S GANKLETOADS.

Perfecting said systems to allow for some halfway interactions between players though is what will lift MMOs back out of the themepark brainlet status that has plagued them since WoW became a roaring success. For all intents and purposes the justice system in this game is purely a single player activity and other players don't influence you one iota and I personally hate that. You don't even compete for the stuff you're stealing. I wouldn't have advocated for a full 'if you steal you are open game' gankfest style system but there was the potential to play around with something that resembled the sandbox style of older MMOs. The worst thing is that before the system was dropped completely, the main objection to even an opt in system was generally 'muh immersion' to the prospect of seeing people fight in towns, which ended up happening anyway when duelling was introduced.

I guess I'm just bitter that it's gone without them even trying to do something with it. It's just a boring ass thing that's there now.

>mfw you have a discussion with Sotha Sil and out of nowhere he starts talking about the metaphysical importance of The Prisoner.

forgot the picture

>You don't even compete for the stuff you're stealing.

Really? So it's just my imagination that every lockbox is already picked and every pickpocketable NPC is already empty or dead whenever I stroll through Vvardenfell? This is what almost makes me want a PvP justice system, not anything else you're saying.

That battle was lost long ago, user. The gaming industry has no interest in putting in the effort to design large systems like that for popular properties because it's bad business compared to training more and more players to push the button for a digital crack rock until they're hooked and you can start charging them to push the button.

Just be glad our fanciful nulore gnome has thrown down the gauntlet on Todd's bullshit Christian mini-storybook kid's meal "toy" lore and is trying to bring back that good ol' brain-melting reality-is-optional ES lore.

>mfw you have a discussion with Sotha Sil

You could have just stopped there DESU. I think I have a theory on who commissioned the Dwemer to invent skooma, cuz dat nigga high.

>So it's just my imagination that every lockbox is already picked and every pickpocketable NPC is already empty or dead whenever I stroll through Vvardenfell?

I actually forgot about lockboxes. With regards to NPCs I suppose yeah there's some competition but they respawn so fast and just murdering them has effectively no consequence that you might as well just do it. I can concede that it's a form of competition though. Other than that though if you drop into say the tavern in Orsinium then it's basically just people doing a round circle of all the containers in Orzorga's Kitchen until they've maxed their fenceables for the day. It's just an frustratingly shallow system for something that could of, with some though, been slightly more meaningful and driven by player on player interaction.

It is what it is though. I bitch about it but it's never going to change.

>Just be glad our fanciful nulore gnome has thrown down the gauntlet on Todd's bullshit Christian mini-storybook kid's meal "toy" lore and is trying to bring back that good ol' brain-melting reality-is-optional ES lore.

To be honest it's one of the big things that's making me stick round.

i don't understand, user. jumping in ESO isn't bad at all. you can even influence your motion mid-air. the only animations you're locked into that i can think of are rolling when you hit the ground from a height while moving and that weird falling animation that'll stick sometimes if you hit a slope just wrong and veeeery slowly slide down it.

i do wish that jumping while sprinting let you keep that extra momentum instead of pretending you were just running when you jumped. at least it works correctly with mounts (considers Rapid Maneuver and everything, i think). really wonder why the fuck they went with that model, though.

gotcha, but then there are so many people that swear up and down that it's obviously the same engine as TOR. that's what bothers me. maybe they think that because there are similarities borne of the very fact that their prototyping was done with that engine.

as much as i miss DX9, i do commend them for having the balls to gradually and continuously phase out legacy support. speaks well for the future of the game.

on an unrelated note, i just learned that "ant bear" is another name for the aardvark

Pretty sure they'll just ignore ESO canon, but I'm hoping the Schicknanigans attract enough would-be D&Ders born too late for a d20 to get things like Dwarf Fortress succession mode storytelling going through mods and (if they embrace socioconversational computing and have complex relationship mechanics for a single player game) savegame swapping by then.

also did someone already make a schick edit of the underking grinning mug, i wanna save it as thewarpintoddsjimmies.jpg

>I SEE, DMITRI!

Jumping combines player input and simulated gravity systems. The calculations required to implement jumping very quickly bog down the entire pipeline in an MMO, and every MMO with jumping you've played had simple and shitty jumping (BnS uses variable gravity and player space geometry that can't really be hammered into anything remotely realistic-looking if you aren't a wall-climbing magical ninja).

We think of the actual one or two equations we would use to calculate the necessary parameters and wonder why it's so hard for a computer to juggle a few numbers, but the implementation is actually closer to "Here's a coin. Invent a pocket reality of mathematics and trick the coin into behaving as if that's the sum total of all mathematics that exists."

we already have jump distance considering movement speed -- you can verify that with a controller. the only want i have is that that would extend to sprinting, too. the fact that it doesn't isn't a problem with math, it's a design decision.

>Skinchanger style Heavy Armour

Literally my favourite set in the game, so glad I started playing at Christmas

>it's not a math problem, it's a design problem

It is one problem because the math is part of the design.

Not taking another crack at explaining it, you probably think your computer's native language is javascript.

you're saying that jumping while moving works just fine UNLESS you get to the arbitrary speed of sprinting (unmodified for the sake of keeping this simple), at which point it magically breaks, yada yada, something about a coin.

i didn't say design "problem," i said "decision."

i've actually never touched JavaScript. i've done my time with C, C++, BASIC, VB, Delphi (Object Pascal), a tiny bit of asm, and a few non-JS scripting languages, though. how about you?

is there any sort of app or some shit that'll tell me when i make sales without having to open up the game

negatory, good buddy. can't even trust TTC for up-to-the-minute (hour? day?) info.

fuck yeah. had to change out the boots, weapons, and shield to Stalhrim (don't like the rounded-toe boots, really like glowy ice) and my gloves to Pact (for those baller claws), though

What's the best class if I just want to annoy people in pvp with long chain CC and easy escapes? I can't have fun in multiplayer unless I know I'm making someone else's fun worse.