>What to Play
pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>News
Poschengband v7.0.0 released: angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8500
Play the OOOK.CZ comp you casuals
angband.oook.cz/competition.php

InfraArcana v19.x has been released: sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/downloads
IA v19 Changelog can be found here: raw.githubusercontent.com/martin-tornqvist/ia/v19.0/res/release_history.txt

Angband 4.1.0 has been released:
angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?p=122044#post122044

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>Roguelike Servers:

roguenex.us/ (CDDA, angband, PCB)
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)
hardfought.org/ (Nethack and variants, including slex)

Other urls found in this thread:

cataclysmbn.com
github.com/cataclysmbnteam/Cataclysm-BN/releases
cataclysmbn.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

good evening lads
what is your current favorite alphabet game

I play nethack and nethack variants

a simple man of simple taste

D**mRL is pretty good, senpaitachi.

I won it 6 times and each time I felt awesome. Winning meanwhile, winning Tome4 on NM/A for the first time felt like a chore.

hardfought.org is now hosting a game called zapm which I have not heard of. It seems like some sci-fi based variant of nethack. Gonna give that a go.

Menkaure, the real orbrun threat.

This should be interesting.

doomrl is extremely easy to cheese

That's not cheesing. That's gameplay.

How so if you don't mind elaborating?

This is going really well so far, might even be able to get python. I won't cause fuck heroism though.

Here is the game oficial website of Coolthulhu's DDA fork cataclysmbn.com

Pretty good huh?

Literally >/ourguy/

>A web 6.0 site

not enough memes in the source/10
truly a website that needs an IE < 9 warning

Any suggestions?

nothing for what you have, maybe vigorous

So, 0.D is a bug-squashing release right? After this one they'll start adding/improving content right?

>getaloadofthisguy.png

everywhere I go there are dozens of zombies
what the FUCK counts as the outskirts
also can I safely turn off this Lovecraft stuff or will it break the balance, because holy SHIT they seem way too strong on day 1

It's a genuine question please don't make fun of me.

Stop being pussy and kite them, lead them to shrubs, windows, vehicles to slow them down and make them easier to kill. Use the ranged attack on your knife spear.

Obmeister is gone: Tomorrow (hopefully) the Serpent.

1000 hours

I wish every midgame dungeon didn't need levitation to enter.

thanks bud, I'll give it a go. I've been using the scoundrel start because someone said the switchblade was amazing. Should I forget that and go with evacuee and use the knife spear instead?

Yeah I recommend doing that.

Switchblade was amazing few months ago, when melee math was shit.
Now that negative to-hit means you will actually miss things, so that hueg DPS isn't as good as it looks like.

If i know anything about the development of cdda then the release of 0.D could be who fucking knows when away and npcs and quests are still a crapshoot but plenty of anons seem to have plenty of fun playing it as is so what the hell.

knifewindowclysm

Do you still have to throw stuff around item-by-item like a madman instead of simply dropping your backpack on the ground?

Is there still a trillion of stupid martial arts instead of something useful?

Do you still have to spend a skill point to get yourself a bow?

>Do you still have to throw stuff around item-by-item like a madman instead of simply dropping your backpack on the ground?
You get to drop backpack-worth of stuff for free when dropping the backpack.
>Is there still a trillion of stupid martial arts instead of something useful?
There is still a trillion of crappy ones, but some of the arts are gamebreakingly powerful.
>Do you still have to spend a skill point to get yourself a bow?
You can craft a shitty bow early on and grind your way to a strong one, but bows are shit right now.

I'm still amazed at how big the hard issues list is, how big is the devteam anyway?

This team feels really good in Anomaly, even thought I lost my Jiang Shi to a dumb mistake

Not like I wanted to wear that during the serpent fight anyway. Not like it pulled my whole kit together for 30 levels or anything.

>You get to drop backpack-worth of stuff for free when dropping the backpack
Do you get to pick op a backpack-worth of stuff for free when picking up a backpack?
>There is still a trillion of crappy ones, but some of the arts are gamebreakingly powerful
Why the fuck does it still exist and who had thought adding something like this to a ASCII rogulike is a good idea?
>You can craft a shitty bow early on and grind your way to a strong one, but bows are shit right now.
Do you mean "reliably" craft? The main problem was the fact crafting a bow required knowing the skill and to get the skill in-game you had to find a bow in the first place. Is there still crap like that for other stuff?

Cataclysm was, probably, the ASCII roguelike I've enjoyed the most. Its glaring issues and retarded decisions of the dev over time became to much for me to handle though.

>ASCII roguelike
What is this retarded term

Do Gi's fall off quickly, or would fusing headless into it be a good idea?

I am not sure how good maj. is for them. Anyway, they're pretty good in situations with electricity and ice enemies, of course, albeit their three weaknesses make them suffer in other certain situations. Solid is a good modifier for them to simply make them capable of taking a greater beating. Cursed is also surprisingly good if you can get veils on it too. They're decent tanks for a while, but be wary of their weaknesses.

to differentiate it from tile roguelikes which I usually enjoy more.

>tile roguelikes
/rlg/ you are getting more retarded by the minute

tfw no updated pouar dda

this is probably coolthulhu

Please put your actives on 1-2-3 instead of 1-2-7. Thank you very much.

Does PK's work with CoolthuluDDA?

Never ever ever reforge onto good bases.
So, never ever use reforging. Money is best spent potion gambling. Use ?ArtCreation if you want to make something good an artifact.

My last character character had two (2) dragon wings which got [T from reforging, and a Diamond Edge which became absolutely amazing through a D98 ?ArtCreation.

>The Pair of Dragon Wings 'Terminater' [4,+20] {ElDkShBl;Lv[T, number 2}
>The Pair of Dragon Wings of Merlin [4,+20] {Bl;Lv[CT, RUINED}
>a) The Diamond Edge 'Kitchen Knife' (8d5) (+25,+25) (+4) {WiDg;FaTeBs|AS/*p, .}

Terminater was even a Julian randart so I wasn't playing with fire like I was with Merlin.

You know CDDA has both tiles and ASCII, right?
Just like DCSS, Nethack, and Angband?

>Do you get to pick op a backpack-worth of stuff for free when picking up a backpack?
I don't think you do.
>Why the fuck does it still exist and who had thought adding something like this to a ASCII rogulike is a good idea?
Whales added most of the useless, I think. The new ones are tend to be the broken ones.
>Do you mean "reliably" craft?
Grind survival and fabrication with wood and bushes and you can craft a self-bow. Grind archery with it and keep grinding fabrication and you will be able to craft better bows.

>You know CDDA has both tiles and ASCII, right?
No, I don't. Last time I played Cataclysm was 2012

Happy to give you the gift of knowledge then, my friend. :)

Genuinely thank you.

>I don't think you do.
That's sucks a lot. I remember there was a hefty penalty for going melee while overburdened. Dropping stuff prior to starting combat wasn't a problem, aside from pressing 20-40 keys to select all the shit you want to drop - it took no/almost no time. However picking up all that shit back took forever - long enough for a stray zombie to climb through your window and eat your ass.

Is this scenario still the case or had it became more manageable?

Who gets the boot

Didn't check recently because I gotgud and use a cart every time.
It certainly improved in that you no longer pick each nail separate but always pick entire stacks.

I tried it with a bigger stack and there doesn't seem to be a mechanism that lets you pick everything fast, just less time spent per stack.

Gi, chindi or headless imo

This is Chidni's kit for reference, it's why I've been so reluctant to get rid of it

Elona and OWH are tile roguelikes

>a pre-lair unique causing 92 damage

i remember killing the final boss and then failing to ascend in that game
there are multiple differently named "fake plastic imitation" items and entering notgehennom costs a limited consumable. after using my only two blue pills and fucking up and grabbing the wrong thing both times, I was stuck in an unwinnable situation

there are shitloads of content changes between 0.c and current experimental
stable releases are supposed to be, well, stable and not buggy, though
so there are shitloads of bugfixes between the current experimental and the eventual 0.D release

Castle goes from 40 to 65 or 75
it's pretty good

What game is this?

I can't remember, is the Glitch sanctum worth going to?

Demon

Found it, thank you!

I bet hellmonk did this.

No problem

Good work my dude. I see that you have an excellent taste in species.

>16 AC
what a pleb

That "leader" looks like a really weak and useless monster. Get rid of it.

thank you mister guardian serpent

You lucky son of a gun

I also got powered by death, powered by pain, and rugged brown scales. We're in it to win it.

>A wild Nequoxec appears!
>Nequoxec uses Malmutate!
>You feel frail...
>Nequoxec uses Malmutate!
>You feel frail...
>Nequoxec uses Malmutate because fuck you!
>You feel frail...

>A wild Neqoxec appears!
>Goodplayer casts summon butterflies!
>It's super effective!
>Neqoxec has been "trivialized."
Cacos and oofs are the only malmutators with enough hp/defenses to have a good opportunity to mutate you.

Now is the time to be really scared if you ask me. Getting lucky = rage-inducing deaths 5 min later

My character is such a fucking jankmaster at this point that I have to play super carefully aside from one-shotting lair popcorn with max power throw icicle (wew).

Those RNG butterflies doesn't completely block a neqoxec and there are also times where you get malmutated at the very first turn it appears.

so why are you so bad at crawl?

>very first turn
True, but shit happens. One bad mut is usually not a big deal.

Because I lose focus/patience during portions of the game where things are too easy. It's difficult to overcome.

But I'm bad at everything, not just in crawl or roguelikes.

Tales of Maj'Eyal is literally the best roguelike on the market. Why haven't you at least beaten Insane yet?

>market

>shitposting

(You)
>anyone talking about tome is shitposting because i can't git gud at it! REEEEEEEEE

Since user is a dummy I'll link it here

Bright Nights: Colthulhu Fork for Dark Days Ahead

github.com/cataclysmbnteam/Cataclysm-BN/releases

cataclysmbn.com/

Thanks

It's a shame that literally nothing can fix CDDA.

That's why it's being changed to CBN, duh.

Anytime lad

Yes.

It is probably sheilaposting.

But I have.

>start in may
>finish in september
Somehow, I don't believe you.

nice samefag

>tfw based tomechads trigger dcssissies so much they think everyone is /pol/, i mean ster.

Hey look it's that guy who can't stop talking about some literal who.

Hey its that guy who LITERALLY can't win tome or pay anything but otab!

Shut your whore mouths or tell me about the last time you won in a roguelike