Tell me some ancient history between Russia and China...

Tell me some ancient history between Russia and China. Iv never heard any and it sounds like it could be really interesting.

Russia and China were ruled by the Mongols at the same time. Then when Russia colonized and reached the Pacific they invaded China to get more land.

China never really interacted extensively with Russia until the 1700's.
From the 1840's onwards, Russia slavd the Chinese out of their northern territories.

China really wanted them back until the 1970's, but then they realized that they can buy it back for cheaper.

They only have the right to rent it, I believe.

Their border was mongol for a long time. After that China mostly kept to itself and their wasn't much interaction before ww2.

>Russia
>ancient
If you count 1500AD as ancient, then ok.

Russia & Eastern Europe continuously calls China by an severely wrong name: Khitai.

Largely because when Rus traders went eastward and mistook the Khitans for the Chinese.

This is because the Khitans- a steppe nomad people originally from Mongolia, moved out of the violent steppes and settled somewhere north of China at the time, currently the area of Vladivostok & Manchuria. The Khitans then set up a Chinese style state and the Rus mistook China proper and the Khitan state- the Liao Empire- as the same fucking thing.

To be fair to the Russians, the Liao did try to conquer actual China, but were BTFO by the Song dynasty and was subsequently BTFO from the east by the newly arrived Jurchens led by Aguda. The Jurchens then took what the Khitan Liao built to found the Jurchen Jin Dynasty.

The average Chinese person considers Russians to be boorish barbarians who's country only produces blonde prostitutes, dog fur/leather for coats, and military equipment that is inferior to western products, but is bought anyways due to sanctions on turbojet engines.

Well, the Rus were actually the people from Ukraine, not the name of the Moscovites that stole it, so there's that.

But that's what everyone outside Russia thinks of them.

>Ukraine
No such thing.

What kind of Chinese people have you been talking to? Even with the Sino-Soviet split, many Chinese have fond memories of the USSR which extend to modern Russia.

I see the Polish flag.

Are you retarded? Rus were swedish vikings + novgorodians. Ukrainians or their ancestors have nothing to do with the Rus, other than being one of slavic tribes that were annexed by this northern union.

Are you retarded? Kiev was the most powerful Rus state until the 12th century when Novgorod finally surpassed them. The Dnieper was the Norse's most important trade route to Constantinople and they colonized along its entire length. Back then the Slav shit-eaters made no distinction among each other besides tribalniggery. The only difference between a Russian and Ukrainian the the amount of Cossack mudblood running through his veins.

The west also continuously calls Jong-Gwo with a severely wrong name: China.
Largely because the west got the name from Marco Polo, who got it from the persians. The persians called the country Cin, because thats how they pronounced Qin, which was the ruling dynasty at the time.

So westerners call China based on a mispronunciation of the name of a long gone royal dynasty, while easterners call it based on another nation that lived nearby.

tl;dr white people are retarded.

He's right though.

Even though it wasn't Ukrainians, but Ruthenians. Ukrainians are just mongrel scum mixed with mongols, turks and tatars.

>tatars form a nomadic state in Ukraine
>Russia genocides them and forces despotate
>cossacks form a robber barons type state in Ukraine
>Russia genocides them and forces vassalage
>an anarchical free land domain declared in Ukraine
>Russia genocides them and forces communism
>slavs form a NATO-EU state in Ukraine
>Russia genocides them and steals their navy

Muscovian niggers just genocide everything they fear or don't uderstand.

They're literally niggers of Europe and majority of Ukrainians are the same as them.

>ottomans establish a mighty and prosperous empire in balkans
>russians genocide them and create weak city state kingdoms

n3v4r f0rg3t

>ancient russia and china

nice try poltard

They were strong, you were weak, deal with it senpai.

not just Russia, everyone called China: Cathay

Chinese call themselves Han, so their land is Khan or Khania in the western tradition

>The average Chinese person considers Russians to be boorish barbarians who's country only produces blonde prostitutes, dog fur/leather for coats, and military equipment that is inferior to western products

True, but no Chinese would dare punch a Russian even in China cause they know they'd get fucked up

>The west also continuously calls Jong-Gwo with a severely wrong name: China.

Why should we feed your superiority complex by calling you "the Middle Kingdom"? We'll call you whatever the hell we want to.

Chinese know their shit

See, the glorious part he didn't tell you is that America is called 美国, pronounced mei guo, meaning beautiful country. Compared to 中国, zhong guo, meaning middle country, it's way radder.

>The chinks also continuously calls The United States of America with a severely wrong name: mei guo
>Largely because the chinks got the name from Marco Polo, who got it from the Spanish. The spanish called the country America, because the new contry was, which was the regional power at the time.
>So chinks call America based on a mispronunciation of the name a no longer relevant colonial power, while other freedom lovers call it based on another nation that lived nearby.
>tl;dr yellow people are retarded.

I know that, I speak Chinese. While it is a nice name, we never asked Chinese to call us "beautiful country". I don't demand that Japanese call us 美国 instead of 米国 (rice country), so why should Chinese demand we call them 中国?

It could also be argued Chinese just call us 美国 cause it's less of a mouthful to say than 美利坚, and the 美 is just part of a transliteration. After all, Chinese calling France 法国 doesn't mean that they think France is actually a lawful country.

I would if he were a feeder in my dota games.

I mean they aren't exactly wrong.

Mei guo is just phonetic. Most modern Chinese country names are.

Unless you'd want China to explain why belgium is "Billy Time."

>Largely because the chinks got the name from Marco Polo, who got it from the Spanish.

Land traveling and time traveling now. Marco Polo is a boss