/v/ The Musical V - Luigi Edition

Which Mario is best Mario?

>What is this?
An annual collaboration project where /v/ sings about video games. This is our fifth year of production, and we can't stop. We won't stop. We don't even know HOW to stop.

>First-timer's brochure:
docs.google.com/document/d/1d4xzW-_5QoVafWgdaXWOqJRng8bG4GXz8q_Ex5ohJO4/edit?usp=sharing

>How do I contribute?
Write something! Or look in the Google Doc for something to sing or edit. Album art is always welcome, too!

>Song Spreadsheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1loF2yfU6os--ZnfVO6nv4ndlcB1cXuWrfbh1O1l-TkM/edit?usp=sharing
>General Drive
drive.google.com/open?id=0B-h1sOOtAroOflhqZ3BpcHlGVG9jbXlheWgzbERFSW55NWNuVHVlY1djb2tzV1pZc1V2YVU
>Meta Song List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W2b2Rct6g6gZB74HolXL2_o_HvtUgBZyuZRDalzHJC0/edit?usp=sharing
>Art Folder
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-h1sOOtAroOMnB4Y3dSVDdvd28?usp=sharing
>Bandcamp
vthemusical.bandcamp.com/
>IRC
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/#vmusical

>Favorite song from previous years?
>Songs you want to see parodied this year?
>Games/events you want to see sung about?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KuRxXRuAz-I
youtube.com/watch?v=AZABiN2iU2k
youtube.com/watch?v=RIZdjT1472Y
youtube.com/watch?v=FGa1T_YWilQ
youtube.com/watch?v=19McuaPKjI8
dafont.com/yellow-submarine.font
vimeo.com/16267463
pastebin.com/6HFm8WYV
youtube.com/watch?v=YlUKcNNmywk
youtube.com/watch?v=EHkKGUzuf6M
youtube.com/watch?v=h7j8wa9sWOE
pastebin.com/15dCY2tu
picosong.com/wwgQa/
picosong.com/wwgEf/
youtube.com/watch?v=7Gx1Pv02w3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=6ziGlK0qsI4
picosong.com/wwJTA/
picosong.com/wwJHm/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Post good songs

Just because you said that, I'm not going to.

But I wanted to hear good songs

>And videos are a nice secondary addition anyhow.
"Who cares about videos anyway". This is really the only thing addressed to my post and it is braindead. Nice.

>The argument that the musical should be dragged out well past its sell-by date because people might want to start making videos on week 4 because there's still dead musical threads posted once a day is really no case for doing so.
I never argued for lengthening the timeframe. I argued for the status quo.

>The case has always been that videos that are finished within the timeframe are cool, and videos afterwards are cool too.
You really felt the need to state the obvious. Did it make you feel smarter?

>Butting the timeframe by two weeks also cuts the timeframe of starting on new videos by two weeks and having new material to start videos on by two weeks.
Assuming you meant *Cutting then I suppose in a sense you are right that it's all relative. But that also doesn't say anything that isn't obvious.

>It effectively changes nothing at all in regards to video making.
Changes nothing in terms of video making, yep. Except it changes the amount of videos and the effective timeframe of making the videos leading to either rushed videos or dropped projects. Y'know my whole point? Motivation isn't constant and life constantly gets in the way, it takes discipline to keep working on something when no ones around to bounce ideas off of or even watch the final result this is why most of the videos are released near September, October, November etc.

Let it go. It's a useless discussion and nothing will change

>It cuts down the pointless dragging and video makers are still able to create videos within the timeframe, or outside of the timeframe.
Yes they CAN still be made doesn't mean they WILL.

>No changes in time window will ever alter that because even if you made the musical a three month timeframe then there'll be video makers starting on the last week anyhow and
Yes but people are far less likely to even start two weeks after the musical is over. Because they started it during the musical they are more likely to finish it than if they hadn't. Again I never argued for a change in the window.

>then people like you arguing that it should be a four month musical because you like to have the pointless threads around while making more videos and having only a three months window discourages people from working on as many videos as a four month window would have.
Again don't want to extend it. I only said I appreciate the lingering threads and I think I pretty clearly implied only a few after the musical ends. But somehow in your peabrained mind that turns into me wanting the musical to last four months.

>It's an absolutely silly argument that can be used without end because it's simply based on the principle that more time = more videos and I like it more.
So feel free to explain to me how anything in your post isn't the silliest shit I've read all week. Here are your fucking you, you goddamned faggot.

>"Who cares about videos anyway"
One sentence in and you can't even accurately represent your opponent. Once again if you're not going to actually read the posts you're quote functioning then I'm not going to bother to read yours either and your concession remains accepted. You'll get no (You)s until you can produce some sort of counter-argument or substantiation of your position and you seem bafflingly to be dead-set against doing so.

I'll make a musical meta post, too. Next year, we do songs as we usually do, but also encourage christmas songs, maybe enough to fill an album. We're only ever going to have musical threads in september and october, and that's not too early for holiday songs at all. In fact, they don't even have to be christmas themed topics, just christmas song sources.

Next year. We do it. Dedicated christmas album. Por favor.

I hate christmas though

You fuckin' WHAT, m8??

Looking for critisism 'bout this
original:youtube.com/watch?v=KuRxXRuAz-I
instrumental:youtube.com/watch?v=AZABiN2iU2k (decent-est i could find anyway)

I've been waiting for so long
I've been playing all alone
Gabe I miss you
I've been posting on the threads
I've been searching all for leaks
I want Gordon

Well, I've've watched in my sleep
You've released Half-life 3
Gabe I miss you
I've been reloading the web
Been fapping for Chell
When the post comes
It's just Mark laidlaw of valve that says
Hey, what's the matter man?
Heres epistle 3
With some plot points you've been dying to see into
The names are all mixed up
Hey, but you know what im saying
The story, like I used to

Oh Gaben why you wait so long
Oh Gaben why you wait so long
Won't you release! Release!

I've been posting on the chan
Crying after dark
People think I'm crazy
I've been humming triage at dawn
The borealis weighs a ton
Ask me people, what's the matter with you boy?

Sometimes I want to say to myself
Sometimes I say

Oooh oooh oooh oooh I won't miss you fat fuck

I guess I'm lying to myself
Adev like no one else
at least up to 2005

Lord, I miss you Gabe

Yeah, I miss you Gabe

Oh fuck I was just thinking miss you would be a good song to parody last night! Nice choice user!

Stuff like threads-leaks, web-Chell and chan-dark don't rhyme. It's also pretty close to the original lyrics still, which is a bit of a shame. The syllable count seems to be good though

Thanks, but sorry
Its really late but i just had the idea, ill try to correct/fix it later

nobody made "The Killers - Human"?
have no idea how change lyrics except

"Are we human or are we dancer?"
to
"Are we anons or are we cancer?"

here's the original and instrumental
youtube.com/watch?v=RIZdjT1472Y
youtube.com/watch?v=FGa1T_YWilQ

>Do we have to do the full 4 weeks?
No. We can stop whenever we feel it's appropriate. 4 weeks is the MAXIMUM runtime that we agreed on after year 3 took waaay too long.

>Does a slump in activity during the week mean we're out of steam and the musical is done?
No. That's dumb. It has always been that way. The weekend will be chock-full of new songs and videos. And if not, we can still debate ending early.

TL;DR calm down

No

This, weekends bring life

I'll be the first to admit we've become deadly efficient at this, and in SIX DAYS we already have about three albums' worth of songs.

Here comes the 'but:' We also started on a weekend. This is a more extreme version of what happened last year, where people got hyped and blasted through a lot of the early material, then took a break. We just gotta stay pateint and see what happens.

Here's my issue: Last year, a lot of new people posted some variation of

>OMG a /v/ musical
>tfw I'm too shitty of a singer/writer/etc. to join in

This year, there's not many 'new' people that I can spot. This is a distressing trend

Okay, i think i've got this shit to work now, thoughts and criticism?

youtube.com/watch?v=19McuaPKjI8

Turnin' on mah PC,
Gonna play a lot of Vidya,
Turnin' on mah PC,
Gonna play me a lot of Vidya
Turnin' on mah PC,
Turnin' on mah PC,

Vidya come from a sale,
They were put there by a male
In a Steam Store on the 'net
If I had my little way,
I'd play vidya every day
Pale-Skinned' NEETs on the server

Turnin' on mah Console,
Turnin' on mah Console,
Gonna play me a lot of Vidya
Turnin' on mah Console,
Turnin' on mah Console,

Take a little stroll to the Vidya Store
Threw a bad game on the shop floor
And dreamed about you, Princess,
Fighting Bowser's such a hassle
The princess was in another castle
Digital candy in a disc or drive or Cart

Millions of Vidya, Vidya for me
Millions of Vidya, Vidya for free

Look out!

>This year, there's not many 'new' people that I can spot
>ignoring user/MEME/OUS
Wew mate

It's what he deserves

While I share your concerns I think there's ultimately nothing we can do aside from encouraging new contributors and telling the veteran singfags to not crank out 50 amazing songs in the first week (looking at you Anonfag).
Any "active" measures against this phenomenon would ultimately just end in drama and rules that make it more complicated for everyone.

>This year, there's not many 'new' people that I can spot. This is a distressing trend

Nigga most people post as anonymous

>Any "active" measures against this phenomenon would ultimately just end in drama and rules that make it more complicated for everyone.
Agreed. The best we could probably do is keep the musical running for at least 3 weeks, so anyone jumping in fresh would have time to read the meta song list/practice singing and get something done without being rushed

>we should discourage those who make content
No. I want more contributors as well, but if someone wants to do vocals for every song they like that's what they should do.

>No. I want more contributors as well, but if someone wants to do vocals for every song they like that's what they should do.

Absolutely, I didn't mean "tell them" as in giving them orders or restricting them. I just meant making them aware of the issue so they can, if they want, slow down a little. Because let's be honest a musical with just the same 4 dudes singing is not sustainable.

>Because let's be honest a musical with just the same 4 dudes singing is not sustainable
Worked the first year

Stop wall of texting and post songs.

There is no issue with songs being submitted, no matter the quality or quantity.

If anything we've got vastly more singers now

I'm writing a lewd song!

It had better not be weeby

It's not!

Good. It had also better not be homo.

Depends if it's sung by a man or a woman I guess.

I get where you're coming from mate, I did try to make lyrics for Colin's version but I struggled to fit them to the pace of his arrangement. If it's not finished up this year there's no reason that I or another user couldn't try again next time.

Hey what was the deal with the font? Because here's the Yellow Submarine font.
dafont.com/yellow-submarine.font

thats a good thing, nigger.
Last thing we need is more namefgs to cause drama.
Things are better when we post anonymously as god intended

God also gave us the capacity to tripcode. Perhaps there's a song right there. What if moot was one of us?

Has anyone written about Dean's Cuphead aventures yet?

I've seen it come around once or twice. Not 100% sure if a song was finished

I don't think anything's been completed.

Videofag here, any completed songs that have usable source videos? Don't have time for a completely original video, but I could yank out a regular old "work with the source material and add some memes and subtitles" video

Some of us are just good at blending in

I've been here seven months

Luigi Floating on an Egg Over the Sea

holy fuck, thats actually good

I wanted to do "I Pray to God That's the Truth, Todd"

But can't find time for it. You could take it. Video is old but bright with lots of colors. Easy to clean up
vimeo.com/16267463

Actually there were far more random singers the first year but as time has gone on it feels like less new people want to sings because things have been refined from anybody putting up their mic and autisming into it and instead people make half-competent singing and shit.

Threadly shill for the song i wrote; Casualization, to the beat and tune of RHCP's "Californication". Needs only a single voice and little sound editing. Here's hoping someone picks it up.

pastebin.com/6HFm8WYV
youtube.com/watch?v=YlUKcNNmywk
youtube.com/watch?v=EHkKGUzuf6M

Anyone mind if i write it?

Pretty sure it's been written before actually. Just not picked up. Even with the same Moot topic

anybody putting up their mic and autisming into it kinda has its appeal. I prefer havingsongs that can actually be heard without wanting to rip your ears off but we shouldnt just shut down anyone else

>moot

Who?

Sure if it hasn't been done but give your boy Fockstrot a concept or song editor credit. Or don't.

I agree, it was never ever supposed to be refined, it just sort of turned out a couple guys on /v/ could sing and it inspired everyone to do so whether they were very good or not.

>credit
Wew

>namefagging

No-one gets credit after the doc RIPs for the year.

All songs are anonymous creations put forth from the aether of the board.

Except my aether is better and it deserves recognition!

I dont see it in the meta so ill give it a go

All the videos feature writers and singers in the descriptions though (if they were namefagging)

That's at the discretion (and mistake) of the videofags posting them desu.

Follow-up question:
Which sounds better? I'm thinking about The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill

The Continuing Story of
1) Desperate Dean
2) Defeated Dean
3) Disabled Dean

Not like names of tripfags are gonna accomplish anything. The only people that know them by this name are the ones on Veeky Forums anyway.
You think people will find anything else made by Roco or kiwi by googling these names?

You should be putting your feelings about board culture into new songs instead of complaining.

Lewd song! One with many different versions so sing it in whatever way you want.

Original: youtube.com/watch?v=h7j8wa9sWOE
Pastebin: pastebin.com/15dCY2tu

>There’s no need to be lonely
>I play this game for one reason only
>There’s nothing that we two here can’t be
>Play some ERP with me

>Say “naughty girl” and spank me
>Say I’m real tight and daddy please kiss me
>My chest is still as flat as can be
>Play some ERP with me

>Stop shaking, it’s only a whip, dear
>Give my feet a kiss
>No stalling just eat out my cunt, dear
>Yes worship this

>Orc girl appears behind you
>My futa-cock will soon be inside you
>Just hold on tight let your moans come free
>Play some ERP with me

>Mind breaking, no thoughts going on here
>Lost count at round six
>Your raping has broken me down here
>Just craving (your) dicks

>Dog boy who wants to knot you
>Martian girl wants to control (of) your mind too
>Play out your dreams whatever they be
>Play some ERP with me
>Play some ERP with me
>Play some ERP with me

I like them all

I think I'm going with The Repeated Attempts of Desperate Dean.

Femanons pls

That's a proper lewd song. Good job.

I'm on it. Give me a few days

I guess it could be sung by a guy, considering it's ERP

It seems Bakatenshi's yearly lewd song has arrived

Take your time

What the heck did you just say about me? I’ll have you know I've written SEVEN (Technically 8) songs. A 2-part 2017 recap song, a reprise of the first part of the recap song, a song about me browsing the /v/ catalog, a Todd song, an Andromeda song, a Sonic Mania song, and an Xbone X song (which may be /v/ the Musical's first ever West Side Story parody). Have YOU written any songs? You are nothing to me but just another bully! And you know, I was only joking about you-know-what! AND CAN YOU JUST READ MY LYRICS FOR ONCE?!? Has anyone (besides me) done a West Side Story parody yet? I'm not stalking anyone you know, I just got excited that Roco noticed me! Has she sung my Andromeda song yet? Has anyone (besides me) done a ABBA parody yet? And by the way, you're breaking /v/ Board rule 3: "Threads should not devolve into flamewars." Also, you made the same mistake Pewdiepie made with that one word. REPORTIN' TIME! And by the way, YOU are going to apologize for calling me a shill. A shill is, according to Google: "an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others." I'm not a shill, I'm just a first time songwriter who really, really, really likes /v/ the Musical.

I-I'm not underage. I was only being sarcastic!

I guess I was too late with mine.

>no OwO whats this etc.
Close but no cigar.

Disabled Dean

What if an user and a femanon both sing the vocals and then the femanon's are mixed to be the louder ones and the user's are faintly behind them to signify the ruse that is going on, the femanon voice only a lewd projection of the user beneath

picosong.com/wwgQa/

I've got a few ideas for this one.

Until the 15th no one is ever too late. Best ones of everything gets chosen

I think the coarse singing really contributes towards the 4AM attitude

deep

picosong.com/wwgEf/

okay so i did the moot thing and i wanna hear what you think

orig:youtube.com/watch?v=7Gx1Pv02w3Q
instr:youtube.com/watch?v=6ziGlK0qsI4

If moot was still here what would he do?
And would you still give him hate?
If you were faced with Him in the sites old peak
What would you ask if you had just one question?

And yeah, yeah, moot is gone
Yeah, yeah, moot is a jew
And yeah, yeah, yeah-yeah-yeah

What if moot was one of us?
A shitposter like one of us
Just a poster up on /bant/
Tryin' to make his site home?

If moot didnt sell us, what would he do?
And hiromoot didnt come, just after goobergate
Mods purgings us all, one by one board
Until there was on one left, fighting false prophets?

Just a fag like one of us
Just a namefag shitting /a/?

Just tryin' to make his site home
But now hes gone, he's all alone
Nobody callin' from the gov'
just like it happened since '04

Just a nig like one of us
Just a robot browsing /adv/?

He's maybe on google i dont know
But now he's gone, he's all alone
Nobody callin' from the gov'
just like it happened sinse '04

You're missing lots of rhymes. The Us/Bus rhyme, the Alone/Home/Phone/Rome rhyme etc.
It's also pretty lazy with how little is changed.

Let me fix this.

If Todd made new games what would they be?
And would he lie to your face?
If you were faced with Him, and his shit stories
You know what he would ask if he had one question?

And yeah, yeah, Fallout's is great
Yeah, yeah, Skyrim's is good

What if Todd was one of us?
Had no job like one of us
Just a gamer with a lust
To sell you his games?

If Todd's face could smile, what would it look like?
And would you want the truth, if the truth meant
That you would have to know you couldn't reach those mountains?
And no you can't wipe the entire village?

(Pre-chorus)

(Chorus)

Just tryint to sell his games alone
To pay for his home
Hear him callin' on the phone
"200 endings of your own!"

(Pre-chorus)

(Chorus)x2

Just tryint to sell his games alone
Face as cold as stone
He needs just a little loan
To pay for his home
Hear him callin' on the phone
"200 endings of your own!"

Got a great idea for a mountain blade song but we already have one. Should I write it or try to make it about something else?

>Another Todd variant

To The Re/v/olution user who needed more company lines

picosong.com/wwJTA/

Thanks a ton, you'll be added in soon.

Ill try to fix this, just wanted to ask if its on the right tone and mood
no more todd, pls it was funny the first 5000 times

You're hilarious samefag, but go do your thing somewhere else

Original song: The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill - The Beatles
picosong.com/wwJHm/

The Repeating Death of Disabled Dean

Hey, Disabled Dean
What did you mean, Disabled Dean?
Hey, Disabled Dean
You didn't read, prompts on the screen

He went out to the Gamescom with his head held up real high
He's worked in "journalism" gaming quite a while
But that doesn't mean he can beat Cuphead's jumping trial
All the anons sing

Hey, Disabled Dean
Hey, Disabled Dean
Look at the screen, Disabled Dean

When he finally completes the greatest challenge ever made
It's what he finds after the game keeps getting played
A thousand deaths, how does he keep on getting paid?
All the anons sing

Hey, Disabled Dean
What did he mean, Disabled Dean?
Hey, Disabled Dean
This is obscene, the gameplay I've seen

Dean started asking if not gaming was a sin
"Only when it's your job" the anons butted in
Then he says no platformers but that you can't defend
All the anons sing

Hey, Disabled Dean
Hey, Disabled Dean
You didn't read, prompts on the screen

Oh ho!

Hey, Disabled Dean
Hey, Disabled Dean

Hey, Disabled Dean
What did he mean, Disabled Dean?
Hey, Disabled Dean
This is obscene, the gameplay I've seen

Hey, Disabled Dean
Hey, Disabled Dean

fixed it up a bit, i think

I've been waiting so long
I've been playing half-life one
Gabe I miss you
looking the code for leads
monitoring for leaks
I want Gordon

Well, I've watched it in my sleep
You've released half-life 3
Gabe I miss you
I've been posting on the boards
Its like you went AWOL
When the post comes
It's Mark Laidlaw of valve that says
Just fanfiction man
Heres epistle 3
With some plot points you've been dying to see into
The names are all mixed up
Hey, you get the point dont ya?
The story, like i used to

Oh Gaben it has been so long
Oh Gaben it has been so long
Won't you release! Release!

I've been posting on the chan
he did it, the madman
People say 'get over it'
I've seen about artifact
seriously what the fuck
Ask me Barney, how about that beer you owed me?

You've been dead for a while
I say, to myself

Oooh oooh oooh oooh I won't miss you fatty

You left behind a corpse
you've been a dev like no one else
at least up to 2005

Oh, I miss you Gabe

Yeah, I miss you Gabe

I really like how it escalates successively in degeneracy over the course of the song. Pretty neat idea.