/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General: Dokkan Edition

Previous Thread: This general is for discussing all shmups/STG (shoot 'em ups/shooting games/shooting type games).
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

RECENT RELEASES:
>Bullet Soul Infinite Burst
store.steampowered.com/app/545060/BULLET_SOUL_INFINITE_BURST/
>Graze Counter
store.steampowered.com/app/629440/Graze_Counter/
>Sonic Wings 2/Aero Fighters 2
PS4, Xbox One, and Switch
>Castle of Shikigami (Steam)
store.steampowered.com/app/582980/Castle_of_Shikigami/
>Dangun Feveron M2 port (PS4)
Somewhere on PSN
>Ghost Blade HD
store.steampowered.com/app/577910/
>Touhou 16 ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons
kourindou.exblog.jp/25711799/
>Super Hydorah
store.steampowered.com/app/628800/Super_Hydorah

UPCOMING RELEASES:
>Raiden V (PS4 and Steam)
[YouTube] Raiden V: Director's Cut Trailer (embed)
>Pawarumi
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812914421
>Ketsui M2 port (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/04/m2-announces-ketsui-m2-shottriggers-release-feveron-school
>Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia
>iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/
>Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194
>Sorcer Striker/Mahou Daisakusen (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/08/sorcer-striker-m2-shottriggers-release-announced-ps4
>Garegga M2 post (XBO)
m2stg.com/en/battle-garegga/xboxone/
>Earth Defense Force 4.1 Wing Diver
gematsu.com/2017/09/earth-defense-force-4-1-wing-diver-shooter-shoot-em-announced-ps4

OTHER LINKS:
/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

Thread died in its sleep and field ended up too long, culled Bullet Soul and Zangeki Warp from Recent Releases to make room.

Added M.2 Garegga and EDF 4.1 TGS announcement to Upcoming Releases. Added Super Hydorah to Recent.

Fly high /shmupg/

second for poowho

>Last thread was discussing the hardest shmups in the genre
>Meanwhile I'm playing this

Wow, you destroyed that dragon!

the jap shmup committee has agreed on dodonpachi daioujou as the #1 hardest shmup

I play shmups to __________

7th for cream was having a cheeky wank whilst aquas choked on stream.

Gradius always looks easy, but the hitboxes easily can fuck you over and if you die once it's game over, except you study completely autistic recovery strats

What's the best pc gamepad for shmups and why it is dualshock 4?

playstation controllers always had dog shit dpads mate

They've improved the dpad greatly in DS4.

i have it, it's trash

Relax surprisingly. Even with the resulting adrenaline rush and the subsequent frustration of not meeting my goals I find them enjoyable and a great way to unwind.

If I absolutely HAVE to use a controller I use a wireless 360 one. It is honestly the best PC controller I have ever used and this is from going through well over 10 in the many years I have played pc games. When possible though I prefer to use a stick.

prove my value as a human being.

>pc gamepad
>dualshock 4

>play something seemingly easy to relax from main game
>can't clear it in 20 hours
everytime

>loop 1
gay

ps2 d-pad is the actually one of the best dpad ever made, way better than the memest saturn one

>>Garegga M2 post (XBO)
>implying xbone is more popular than ps4 in america

not gonna lie, that credit ended on that same stage in the second loop

what's easier for ddp 2-all? type a or type c?

>ddp 2-all
lol you can't

bitch you don't know me

Do it with Marisa XD

Gross.

>

damn, BH2 fight with Gain is much harder than with wild snail

i'd do marisa if you know what i'm sayin(i'd have sex with her)

>her

whats the easiest garegga ship

golden bait

Mememoto

Amazing sprite art!

What's the absolute upper limit on what you'd pay for a doujin STG? Use whatever quality criteria you want.

What about a Hori fight commander? Im looking at getting one because i usually play from couch.

i'd pay 40$ for one like CCWI, but that's not a doujin.

$1
maybe $2 if it looks particularly good

upper limit doujin would be 14.99 max depending on quality. Mainly because the track record for support/QoL updates/patches on those kinds of games is so iffy and inconsistent. If we had a precedent for good indie shmup support then I might consider going higher (again dependent on quality of the game)

>paying for poojins
lol?

yeah, better buy dbcs dlc

Im new to shmups and was wondering why such hatred for touhou? I havent played it but it seems like its got a large fanbase.

I have reinforced my asshole and fastened all restraints.

>i'm a troll touhou cunt who's in the touhou thread and trying to b8 you guys

Touhou is drivel shit and attracts complete fucking fail bottom of the barrel spastics who need gas en masse.

wrong

No, i am legitimately new as fuck and dont know what the fuck to make of it.

>it seems like its got a large fanbase.
It doesn't. Only fanart of it has a large fanbase. Nobody gives a shit about the actual games, excpet Gaymers.

Hating on 2hu is an easy way to streetcred for the shitplayers in this thread.

It's a horribly overrated series only played by low IQ waifufags.

I love that Raiden 3 has a concept art gallery. Wonder why games don't do this more often.

>I love that Raiden 3 has a concept art gallery.
shame the games shit.

>Wonder why games don't do this more often.
they don't need padding to detract from how mediocre they are like raiden 3.

>shame the games shit.
Better than Raiden 2 at least.

>they don't need padding to detract from how mediocre they are like raiden 3.
A concept art gallery is just a nice add-on.

Raiden devs care more

>easier than Raiden 2 at least.
ye

The size of touhou's fan base is vastly overstated due to most of the participation in its fandom coming from people that don't care to play the games and primarily enjoy the ancillary media.

The games themselves, I find to be rather lackluster in terms of design, artistic direction and pacing; about on the level with most other doujin shmups. Even in aspects that I once considered a USP of the series like the music I've gradually cooled to as it ages. ZUN can compose, I'll give him that, but the fact that the myriad covers of his compositions are far more popular than the original tracks is telling.

That being said, I see core STG fans grow to resent Touhou for being a functional but lackluster series of games that has ascended to fame on the backs of people that do not and will not ever give a shit about the games or the genre as a whole.

post your very hard 1cc chavinski

i can sleep just fine without playing raiden 3 thx

nice dodge

Bahmpu~

Hurricane of the Varstray -Collateral hazard- is currently 1.99usd on the Steam storefront (80% off)

i want pank sweetz on steam desu, cave are such an incompetent bunch.

it's a laughably shit broken game no one but dads play, you're not missing out on anything
or stop being poor and buy it on xbox

you sound like a dickhead.

Bahmpu~

Addendum:
The DLC (4 stage w/ 2 loop variance) is 2.79usd atm, making picking both up at once 4.78usd on the Steam storefront. (the main game is 12 stages I believe so the DLC could be a nice, faster gaming experience for anyone who doesn't have the time or patience for the main game).

Also Trouble Witches Origin- Episode 1 is 6.99usd on Steam for anyone who was interested.

Any testimonials from here /shmupg/? Any yall played it?

nah i simply think people who beg for ports of games readily available on one platform are annoying faggots

nah you're just a spoilt faggot cunt who unironically thinks a 20 dollar purchase on the most versatile platform ever is equal to importing a shit console and game at over 15x the price and none of the convenience, i'd like to see you on one platform.. beneath a noose ideally.

>i'd like to see you on one platform.. beneath a noose ideally.
B A N T E R E D

nah you're just a poor little faggot who spends years begging and crying for ports to the one platform you have instead of applying for work at a position most suited for your level of intelligence ie. mcdonalds cashing a check and buying the games you desire

Bumping

Im trying the demo out.

Why is it that when i tap a direction i move like 100 pixels?

C-L. Second loop will still be rough, but the first loop is pretty easy. Hell, I had to fight for a 1-all with A but with C I made it into the second loop without any effort. (Bear in mind that I'm terrible)

It's popular with people that don't play (other) shmups. Same reason Ikaruga/Cave/etc. get shat on by various people.

>Any yall played it?
It's ridiculously easy for a survival clear. Scoring looked interesting, but not enough so that I stuck around.

desu, Pink Sweets if you're not using the infinite lives glitch.

I can only do one pity bump for you today, /shmupg/.

Almost dead

Any good cheap sticks?

nice dadpinion but lolno

>good
>cheap
>stick

Pick no more than 2.

>good
>cheap

Durable, functional pads can still be had on the cheap relative to sticks.

Well Im still new to this so I may just get a pad first. I have been looking at the Hori Fighting Commander.

What about DIY options?

should i be running Radiant Silvergun on mame or a Saturn emulator?

>What about DIY options?
This is your best bet for a good, relatively cheap stick.
I recommend just using whatever control method you have available that you like, be that keyboard, gamepad or stick. Each have their own advantages and disadvantages, but none are head-and-shoulders above the rest.

I don't have experience emulating it myself, but the fact that the first page of results for "Radiant Silvergun MAME" has several threads discussing how it doesn't run at 100% leads me to believe Saturn would be the better option. YMMV, of course.

>YMMV, of course.
Those threads are years old*
The one thing I prefer about forums: editing your posts.

Last bahmpu before early bed~

Keep flying, /shmupg/

I've had Don't Wait Until Night stuck in my head for the past two days. I like the song but it's driving me batty.

And bump I guess.

It could be worse, I've had Ren'ai Circulation stuck in my head for an entire week despite the fact that it's been years since I watched Bakemonogatari.

>the first loop is pretty easy
The first Loop is not easy at all. In stage 4 I have to bomb like every 5 seconds. Many parts in the game are just impossible to survive without bombing. Not to mention how awkward the dodging is in this game with ist retarded invisible hitbox.

>The first Loop is not easy at all
>Many parts in the game are just impossible to survive without bombing.
just lrn2route, the only tough parts in loop 1 are boss 6 and stage 5 which is hard to route

I am good at routing, but routing doesn't help in this game when the screen is just full of bullets constantly. Also Stage 5 is easier than stage 4.

>In stage 4 I have to bomb like every 5 seconds
lol wut, just practice it with states, there are only few places near the end where you might want to bomb. stage 5 on the other hand is harder for me than even stage 6. at least with type c.

Actually I meant stage 5. Stage 4 is not that hard, but stage 5 is just impossible.

Very bland background makes it harder to memorize too

>but stage 5 is just impossible.
you literally just sweep left to right.

>retarded invisible hitbox.
haha fuck off you pleb shit, excuse after excuse. Go back to dumbed down baby poohou if you still need your training wheels on.

I have a friend that for the past few years all you've had to do is say "se no" around her and she starts unconsciously humming the tune.

This is the saddest post i've ever read lmao

>go be a high level slave trading your life time for fiat currency so you can purchase a shit console for 1 single game then getting a tv to play it on rather than desire it on a convenient platform at a sensible price because you're a braindead consumer who thinks wealth is an excuse for bad purchasing decisions.

Edward bernays grants you GOY of the year!

>Go back to dumbed down baby poohou
Last game I played was Strikers 45 2all. That game was a lot more fair, and Routing actually helped there. In Dodonpachi however you route as much as you want, in the end it all just depends if you are able to constantly squeeze your fucking hitbox (wherever it may be, nobody knows) through Pixel sized gaps.

If you are good at the game fine, all the power to you, but to me, such gameplay makes no fun at all and way too difficult.