>Keg Helpers
gwentify.com/card-picker/
gwentlemen.com/download/

>Character Voice Lines
forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/general-discussions-aa/8341630

>Old

Other urls found in this thread:

mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern/564162-skill-testing-cards-in-modern
mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/custom-card-creation/643376-skill-testing-cards
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/casual-multiplayer-formats/168984-skill-testing-decks
channelfireball.com/articles/4-color-gifts-control-in-modern/
youtu.be/T_FakMmqVuY?t=7m40s
youtube.com/watch?v=H07zYvkNYL8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> princess tennis

>>Old

Should've been

>Stood before Royal Majesty:

user, I know that you really want to shove these cringey jokes into the OP like every other shitty general on this board, but no.

>cdpr defense force here to deny the existence of bots
oh nice

Great card desu. Drew and played him with marching orders and he played sille which played a battering ram next to a crewman. I kinda want to make a meme deck with them and reavers and field medics and just chain 20 cards at once.

You STAAAAAAAND before Royal Majesty.

I never made an OP in my life.

>Natalis into Commander's Horn
>Djikstra into Nenneke
>put Commander's Horn back in the deck
>draw it as the second pull from Djikstra

NR is busted, but it's so much fun.

still not sure what skill testing is supposed to mean

>lose because I spent all my win conditions only to win round 1 by 60 points

Are we posting memes?

witcher 1 sex cards aren't a game user witcher 1 had better dice poker than witcher 2 though

>sex isn't a game

or is it the greatest game of all?

Wasn't witcher 1 dice poker completely random with literally 0 skill involved? I think I remember save scumming to get some reward from having 50 consecutive wins. Or am I thinking of a different game?

skill testing means the card is challenging to use correctly

I faced an armor faggot as Muster Foltest and he swung a 26 armor trololol on a cavalry to which next turn I immediately witch huntered his cavalry back down to 8

All that work for nothing, god I was so hard

if you had just been playing armor you could have stolen the armor instead for an even bigger swing

>I think I remember save scumming to get some reward from having 50 consecutive wins
don't remember such a thing existing

> Wasn't witcher 1 dice poker completely random with literally 0 skill involved?

same as W2 dice poker, it has some skill in it. although the final foltest game is rigged in his favor i think i got my ass handed to me over and over again

mtg is the best card game of all time and probably the best non sport non videogame game of all time, but damn does it suck to play digitally. the new arena thing doesn't seem as promising to me as everybody else thinks it is too.

it's also way too fucking expensive

oh. so it's a poorly chosen pair of words you made up yourself, I see.

Thought it was programming lingo.

Am I extremely lucky? Or is it normal?

honestly, you get used to the digital version pretty fast. it looks WAY worse than it plays.

and I play exclusively on XMage, so I get every single card in history for free :^)

If you want a legit, F2P, digital MTG-like there's always Eternal.

You get a gold card at every multiple of 10 until you reach... level 50 I think?

lucky as in you didn't get a shit gold for you guaranteed gold reward at level 20? yes

dead game dead general

its a common phrase in mtg

mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern/564162-skill-testing-cards-in-modern

mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/custom-card-creation/643376-skill-testing-cards

mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/casual-multiplayer-formats/168984-skill-testing-decks

>first link

Gifts Ungiven seems like it would test your opponent's skills more than yours, and Birthing Pod looks more like Reading Comprehension Testing

Perhaps it wouldn't be as dead if the cdpr niggers made some new content instead of circlejerking at their office.

gifts ungiven tests both players skills, but it tests your own skills the most since you not only have to consider everything your opponent will consider, you also have to consider every combination of 4 and how your opponent will consider them meaning you have to consider a much larger amount of options and also everything your opponent will think about for each of them. in practice gift splits always take the longest for the player casting it and not the splitting player, unless it's being used as a combo piece to only gifts for 2

WE'LL FOLLOW YOU ALWAYS,INTO THE FIRE!

I imagined you would Gifts Ungiven the same cards every game to fit your deck's plan, give or take a few changes for specific matchups, so it's easier for the guy playing it, but I'll take your word for it.

yea sometimes you just gifts for the same things but a lot of the time you gifts for very different things depending on what you need and what you think your opponent will give you

for instance look at this list, and now imagine how many gifts piles you have to consider:

channelfireball.com/articles/4-color-gifts-control-in-modern/

as for pod, here's a discussion about how hard it is to play:

youtu.be/T_FakMmqVuY?t=7m40s

>you lost round one
>you have spy in hand
>opponent is bleeding you

What's the play here? Do you play your spy early to encourage a pass? Do you hold onto spy with hopes you can get out of the round without having to play it? Do you just lose because you kept spy in hand after losing round one?

is that LSV in the middle?!

Holy fucking shit, he looks a thousand times better today.

lsv used to be a fat bastard, this pic isn't even him at his heaviest

used to really like him, all the stuff in his personal life kind of turned me off him though even if maybe I shouldn't judge him like that

Is there no win streak bonus for ranked in this game? I'm on a 9 win streak :/

Damn it, I'm tempted to pick up Pathfinder Adventures. $24 seems expensive but slight deckbuilding and dice chucking is hypnotizing me.

You have to determine if you're being bled or if your opponent is going for a 2-0. Can also change based on your hand, if you've got hailstorm in hand then holding on to your spy makes it stronger since you can just drop it on the highest row for the largest swing later in the round. No easy answer for when you should or shouldn't pass in that situation since it's based too much around your deck, your opponent's deck, and your read of your opponent.

> reward netdeckers more than all the rewards they get with high MMR

no

he looks pretty good these days - certainly good enough to have tapped gaby spartz

I really wish Gwent had a way to organize your decks. I have a few optimized tier 1 decks that I used for ranked, but I also have a bunch of meme decks that I fuck around in casual with. Having them all in a giant list is cumbersome.

maybe you should come up with a slightest hint of evidence to be taken seriously

No win streak bonus as such, but IIRC if you're winstreaking it tends to match you against higher MMR opponents, and higher MMR opponents give more MMR when you defeat them. It doesn't really need gimmicks like winstreaks though since climbing is way faster than in ranked for other card games, it only gets slow over 4k and at that point you've already plundered basically all the rewards so who gives a shit?

yea I mean good for him, but he cheated on his wife and abandoned his kid. and gaby cheated on her husband. ok he got a piece of that ass but I can't respect a guy who treats his own kid like lsv does

I don't mind the MTG talk since it bumps the thread, and I'm sure there's a lot of crossover between Gwent players and MTG players, but can you fuck off with the e-celeb drama?

yeah lets talk about lifecoach instead :)

Yeah I did notice I was going against ranks 9-10 now and I'm still rank 8. Honestly I really only care about getting to rank 10, maybe 15 for some extra reward. Doubt I'll grind much past there unless I really git good at the game and start enjoying it more. For now it's a bit stressful for me to play.

At least he's Gwent related.

the ui in gwent is 100% inexcusably bad

it's the interface of a mobile game but with no mobile client and no plans for a mobile client

things that should be in text lists are instead large and graphical that you have to swipe and scroll excessively through

>INTO THE FIRE

Into the fray
Check your English

he's right, it's into the fire

you got confused with draug

You sure?
I'm not confusing it, I know is some Skellige card.
It makes sense to follow someone into the ''fray'', but into the ''fire''?
I also don't remember it sounding like ''fire''.

you can check all the character's voiceline in the link provided in the OP

draug marches into frey, SK dude into the fire

on a scale of bad meme to awesome meme how would an emhyr-cahir-dhsackles-igni deck work?

Why don't you try it and tell us?

i'm losing my willpower to log in and play i'll also feel bad making players scared thinking they are going against mill

Back when spellatael was first created, I used to get a lot of fun out of making people think I was spellatael and they would either instantly quit or misplay. Good times.

>i'm losing my willpower to log in and play
Man, I don't even log in everyday for the 1st tier anymore.

F

Time to post your current resources

If you are bored

5k scraps 40 powder. i'm still lacking a few gold cards but there's no reason to craft them i don't use them anyway and will probably get some in the end season kegs. saving scraps for crafting premiums

I have about 5k scraps if I ever click the mill spare cards button but I haven't had a reason to click it and I'll get more if I wait to do it after a patch so I'm in no rush

Sure fren. I'll even post wins for shits and giggles. Also got 21,500 scrap in unmilled dupes. No ore since hoping for moviecards keeps me going.

lady of the lake card when
siegfried when
adda when
vodyanoi when
resolute girl when

they can't keep getting away with it

>wanting trash from the games when fucking Angoulême isn't even in the game yet

> trash from the games
i will find you and i will kill you

Kek

Let's at least get all of Geralt's hansa in the game before we start resorting to game-only characters.

So is this game any fun?
I played hearthstone and while it was fun the RNG kinda fucked it all up.
I didn't like the witcher gwent too much as it was too simple and too card dependant.
I want a game that has close to no RNG and so you don't need to farm half a year for a decent deck.
Does this game meet my requirements?

There's some RNG, but considerably less than other card games. The game is pretty generous to F2Pers, so you can get a decent deck without tons of grinding. The game has a small card pool right now, so the game has a very tactical feel to it considering you basically know your opponent's entire deck.

Gwent has close to no RNG and you don't need to farm half a year for a decent deck. You got your wish.

getting cards in gwent is very easy and very generous to f2p players. it's several levels more sophisticated than w3 gwent. it's still a pretty simple game and card dependent but not in the same way you know it from w3. it has some RNG in it haven't played HS so i can't compare between the two. biggest problem with this game is balance

try it out

there's almost no RNG in gwent other than who goes first and what you draw. the decks are small and you get a lot of thinning and mulliganing so they also are very consistent when it comes to draws. this is good and bad-- on one hand it means that skill matters a lot more. on the other hand, it means that it can feel a lot worse when you lose because it either feels like you fucked up or you didn't have a chance to win.

there's very few cards that have random elements, though currently the best card in the game dijkstra is basically a spin of the wheel.

>playing Djikstra with more than 2 cards in your deck

Doing it wrong.

it happens all the time. you can't always fully thin and occasionally you need him before the last play to save you from a bad situation. you still play him when it happens

Wtf is this crown thing?
>He thought he could get ahead with one card after I passed. But after 2 cards we were on equal power, so he just played everything and forfeited.

That's just his border. He must have finished last season fairly high.

that's the grandmaster border, you get it at rank 21

>tfw can't breach 4k

the push from 4k to 4.25k is harder than the entire push to 4k and it's probably even worse from 4.25k to 4.5k. i've stopped trying at 4.25k last time i wanted the imlerith avatar so bad. that and trashing the golden border

Why don't you just craft the cards you are missing? If you are that close and have that many scraps, is there a reason not to? Will they ever release so many cards at once to eat up all your resources?

not that dude but if they release a bulk of new golds cards it will be expensive. people made it through this patch because it introduced almost entirely bronze cards

That's going to be scary as a fresh player. But then again, shouldn't really be more than 3200 scraps for a single deck in any case.

all in due time, no one has a clue what the future holds

what I hate the most in NR mirrors is when my opponent plays DJ round 1 to push me out, and I have to either highroll like an idiot as he just did, or give him the round.

Yup. I also hate when I resurrect Stennis with 3 Cavalry in my deck and he pulls the one other bronze I failed to thin out of my deck, allowing my opponent to steal 10 armor.

What if Gwent introduced a Commander mode like MTG has.

Instead of your leader, you can choose from among your faction's units and make him your Commander.

Commanders go back into your hand at the end of the round. So, depending on what card color you want to allow, you could choose one silver or one gold to play 3 times in a game.

happens literally every time

> 3 john natalis in a game
dog have mercy

3 john natalis vs 3 woodland spirits though

youtube.com/watch?v=H07zYvkNYL8

> playtesters told CDPR mulligan was busted
> they made it even more busted
> playtesters told CDPR stennis is trash
> they listened to them

hmm, a highly curious case

Like the other user said, it's nice having a big pile of scrap at hand in the event they release a lot of cards. I already spent a fair few hundred crafting bronzes from this patch since I was impatient to play with some of them. On top of that, the card stats listed are only for non-moviecards. I've got things like a moviecard Vilgefortz and moviecard Saskia with no regular copy so it counts as missing the card. I'm actually missing some cards but call me crazy but I can't be assed to craft Milva just to fill out my collection.

I'm also missing some cards I had previously like Geels and Caranthir but I tore them up when they had full refund, since if I happen to get them again from a keg before I feel the urge to recraft them to play them it's a net gain. Scrap jewing is an art, I even burned up all my closed beta moviedust and milled my moviecard Geralt for more for max jewing of the first patch moviecard nerf milling.

That's also true. If CDPR sticks to their current rarity scheme of bronze common/rare, silver epic, gold legendary then all decks will be relatively cheap no matter how much the card pool grows. There might be less overlap in the decks that run the same cards but the investment for a new player to craft whatever the top tier deck of the moment is would always be about the same.

>Stennis is like a random closed beta KoB
>Overpowered despite open beta bronzes being worth 30 points, silvers 40, golds 50
What in tarnation?

Is there anything more satisfying than a 30+ point hailstorm?

Not having to rely on a broken card to win games.

>tinkering with wonky decks in casual
>constantly run into weather fucks who just kill all your shit before you get a chance to test anything

God I hate weather.

>Tries casual
>Doesn't know how to play vs weather
>Actually loses several units to weather

Stay in casual.

What's the point of playing if you're not going to try your hardest to win and improve, using every single tool at your disposal.